Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Nekci

The Official Skincare Thread (Read the OP)

Can someone recommend a good exfoliating scrub for the face?

I currently use the St.Ives apricot scrub, and I want to change to another one because I heard the St.Ives one isn't good for you  :cry:

Chemical exfoliation is better for most people. Physical exfoliation shouldn't be done more than once a week, but if you prefer it, you can make your own with sugar and honey.

The St. Ives is bad for you because it causes micro-tears in the skin, which bacteria can get into.

I have never tried chemical exfoiliation before so I don't really know where to start. What would you recommend?

The lactic acid ones? They're a pretty cost effective option. Just note that they do make you more sensitive to the sun.

Thanks. Ughh... I can't find them in store anywhere, I guess I'll have to order it. 

What did you want them for? There's also the Stridex pads, but they're a BHA and the St. Ives are AHA.

I want to use them for exfoliation. I remembered using the stridex pads before, and it really irritated my skin. Then I searched around online for an alternative and the St.Ives exfoliation pads were highly recommended so I thought I might give it a try since their products usually doesn't make my skin irritated.

What did you want them for? There's also the Stridex pads, but they're a BHA and the St. Ives are AHA.

Oops, I didn't mean for there to be so many posts.

Edited by albino_squirrel

Just straight up normal exfoliation? Then yeah, go ahead and order the St. Ives. They use a gentle acid. If you were exfoliating to get rid of blackheads or something I would have suggested the Stridex instead since they're easier to get.

Yeah, just for normal exfoliation. The clay masks that I use always take care of my blackheads.

Hello there,

May I get some moisturizer recommendations for oily skin??

My skin tends to get super oily, so I want to find a moisturizer that will help keep my face hydrated and help with the oil problem a bit too.

Thank you!

What products are you using right now? Or have used?

I've used the Nature Republic aloe vera gel before, and now I'm currently using the Laneige perfect renew emulsion but it's not really that effective.