Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Nekci

The Official Skincare Thread (Read the OP)

Recommend me a cheap, yet good, drugstore product/face mask for blackheads T.T 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoJlQKxguZDbkAD7NWTI0 Queen Helene Mint Masque...............costs like 4 - 5 bucks, and it works really well. When you put it on it tingles and it helps your pores too. The one product to steer clear of is BIORE Pore Strips.....DO NOT EVER USE THEM! 

Why?

they are quite harsh on your skin and pulls out your hairs as well :unsure:

Oh thanks. Couldn't find the mask at Shoppers :( 

The pore strips are very harsh and they stretch and tear at the sensitive skin around your nose and over time your pores get bigger so you get more clogged pores and also all that tugging and ripping can also cause broken blood capillaries. So steer clear of the strips

Sounds disgusting. 

It is terrible, I learned my lesson the hard way. And were you able to get the Queen Helene mask? :)

No :( Shoppers doesn't carry them. I'll try at the Superstore. 

All righties, I'll try to see if I can find some other drug store brands for you if you can't find the Queen Helene one~ :) Good Luck

Thanks <3

http://youtu.be/iMrjbAx8NHM

Sorry, I don't really deal with blackheads, so I didn't know how to answer lol

Thanks! 

I use the St. Ives mineral clay mask and Freeman chocolate-strawberry clay mask. both from walmart. I have no complaints whatsoever.

Oh we have St.Ives here yay. I head we shouldn't use their scrubs. Is that true?

The thing that you guys need to figure out first is whether you have black heads or Sebaceous Filaments.

I am pretty sure that you guys have the latter which can be identified as sebaceous filaments: common in the nose, chin, and forehead area; when squeezed fill back up in 24-48 hours; white, flesh like, or light-gray colored (not black); when squeezed, express soft material and not a solid plug.

In simpler terms they are just large pores caused by too much sebum buildup (sebum being the natural oil your face produces). And sadly we will always have them but you can use a good BHA or AHA product to temporary get rid of the sebum or you can also try oil cleansing. DO NOT squeeze these out because you are harming your skin and you will get broken capillaries. 

A blackhead are dark black spots that can get infected and have to be extracted   Your best bet is to go to a dermatologist and get a serum or cream for them. Do NOT use pore strips though because the skin on our nose is very very fragile so by peeling off those strips we are stretching and can cause broken capillaries which are very hard to get rid of. 

This is a picture that shows the difference between the 2:

sebaceousfilaments.gif 2zgyzw5.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTSmnCLj-WSoyrUkfQHrD

Some products to get rid of SF are:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFUPJetU8TBUEqVwwv2NAimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqAnIm8YZwx6U52pDv3k9images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIjB20ekFrQGDDFxj4uQW

Also if you use any of the BHA or AHA products don't forget to wear sunscreen when you leave your house!

HOPE THIS HELPED YOU GUYS  :chu: 

MY MIND HAS BEEN BLOWN 

Hahaha yeah I did a lot of research on skincare over the past 2 summers so if you have questions, I will try my best to answer them for ya~ :D

Evertyime I tweeze or wax my eyebrows I get one or a few pimpled around that aera, why?

How can I make my skin look less dull? 

Why do certain cleansers/scrubs make my face itchy? 

Btw I bought St.Ives Green Tea cleanser and it does nothing for me. I mean my face feels clean but it doesn't look clean? Doesn't prevent pimples at all. I don't recommend it.

604-357494-blemishcontrol_greentegelclen

It could be how clean your utensils are.

Never thought about it :o

I used a Lush scrub the other day and it was the best thing ever. I can't remember the name but I'll post it here when I remember it. Too bad I can't really use their products since we don't have them where I live.

I am not sure about tweezing but when you wax your skin sometimes you skin can get clogged or have ingrown hair. Or a possibilty might be that the wax from waxing wasn't fully washed off your skin after waxing. I really can't say why you would get pimples there but a good solution to do spot treatments on those spots. Also you should exfoliate once a week and concentrate on areas like your nose and your eyebrow before you wax.

And solutions to make your face less dull is to invest in some brightening face masks and a brightening face wash. You could also invest in a face pack scrub thing. And for make-up try a luminizer under your foundation or some BB creams and CC creams help with brightening your skin. Innisfree and Nature Republic has some very nice face masks. Skinfood's Rice Mask wash off is very good for exfoliating and brightening your skin. 

For the itchy part, if they make your skin itch stop using it, you skin might be allergic to one of the ingredients in the product or your skin is just sensitive to some of the ingredients. Also your skin might be itchy because maybe the cleaner/scrub has stripped too much oil from your skin which can cause your skin to feel dry and itchy. 

Also I use Asian skincare a lot so what I recommend may not always be available to you unless you can order stuff online. Sorry about that.  

Have you tried Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit acne face wash? That cleanser was pretty nice at getting rid of acne and it smelled very nice as well.  :smile:

Thanks! I should have mentioned that I don't wear make up oops. I haven't tried it because brands that focus on acne are too harsh for my skin. For example, Clean and Clear. I might give that face wash a try since I'm still looking for a good cleanser. Edited by fuckJohnny

Pro tip: drink a lot of water and you will be able to spend less on skin care produts.

Not sure if this is the right thread but some lipsticks burn my lips and feel uncomfortable. I was reading about it and it said it was an allergy. But my lips don't get swollen and I don't get white bumps just the burning  :derp:

My mom got me these in NYC  :ahmagah:

Face mist that smells good.

Tony-Moly-Pocket-Bunny-Moist-Mist-001.jp

And hand cream that smells really really really good. I'm in love  :rlytearpls:

%EF%BF%BD%EF%BF%BD%CF%B8%EF%BF%BD_%EF%BF

The cream is actually more yellow than it looks in the picture.

Everytime I shave my legs (and even armpits) get really irritated and with red spots :/ They also get super itchy. I don't really want to start waxing/using creams so any product recommendations would be great.

I heard Skintimate's shaving creams are pretty good. 

Thanks! Will see if they are available at the superstore. 

Sign in to follow this