Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Nekci

The Official Skincare Thread (Read the OP)

Depends on your skin type. If you've got oily or combination skin, you can use them more than a person with dry skin since they draw out oils.

I've got combo.

In that case, I'd recommend you use a clay mask once every 3 days :)

Thank you for the advice.
I enjoy clay masques but I don't want to over do it.

I didn't wash my face for over 24 hours...and I went to the gym over 12 hours ago...when Valentine's Day-induced Depression hits it hits my complexion hard. I'm going to have some nasty zits in the coming days and weeks. FML Edited by adelightfulsong
  • Like 1

I use diclofenac gel on pimples. It's made for arthritis and inflammatory injuries.

Edited by adelightfulsong

Tried anything and everything from over the counter products to whatever the dermatologist prescribed until finally, I was put on Accutane ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isotretinoin ) for a year and it completely cleared up my skin as though I never had acne at all.

I haven't had a breakout since. But ... last I heard is they took it off the market because the potential side-effects are pretty severe and the pharmaceutical company got sued ... A LOT.

It's available as generics still. You have to sign up with a safety monitoring program if you live in the U.S. Females need to be on two forms of contraceptive and get pregnancy testing monthly. It causes birth defects...among other problems like depression and suicidal tendencies. Not everyone gets the emotional problems though.

Sign in to follow this