Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zInimiga

Rough translation of what exactly JYP said to Shannon on KPOP Star 6 EP2

I watch every season of Kpop Star and I'm old Shannon fan so I wanted to be aware of what the judges said.

There is a lot of wrong info about what exactly he said to her.

I could just find a comment on the youtube comment section for this scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9--jAoGkY4g

jyp "two judges just gave you constructive criticism about your singing but you don't seem surprised about it." shannon "yes" jyp "why aren't you surprise by the criticism/advice?" shannon "because it's problem that I already know." jyp "that's what I'm worried about. let say if we gave you an advice and you didn't know about it and were surprised about it, then your chance of fixing it would be high, but two other judges gave you advice which I totally agree with but you aren't surprise by it so I'm thinking, "she already knows what the problem is but why is she keep singing like it doesn't fit her age." I kept thinking this. shannon starts crying jyp "at your age, i don't think I have met anyone who can sing as well as you. it's amazing. I thought you were singing machine but that's the problem, you are like a singing machine." jyp "ok so two judges gave you a pass already which means you are through to the next round so I'm going to give you a technical advice. when you are singing, you pick a word, you open mouth and you send out vibrato. you have stop this vibrato. when we talk, we don't do that so if you do that, you can't sell the story you are trying sell by singing. you have to be able to sell the story to your audience. the reason why you can't sell the story through your singing is because it doesn't look like you are talking. Because you are such a good singer, you don't need to do that to try to show that you are a good singer. also, you need to get rid of the trying to sing in loud volume because you have a mic (shannon "yes you are right"). I just want to tell you these two things even though I have much more. You should focus on fixing these two issues for the next round."

(I saw in another thread so if anyone know the exactly source, tell me so I can give the credits)

If anyone want to watch, kshowonline is translating this season too. Only EP1 for now.

tl;dr don't get baited by NB's trans she never fully translated the article to bait the traffic this is the actual comment unless you guys are that obvious you wanted to drag JYP

YIKES @ everyone who took the opportunity to shade jyp right off the bat  :)

wait... Shannon is in ks6? (im way behind the times because im adulating a lot)

That thread is so excellent example of jumping on the bandwagon :) OH users are agree with Nate users only when they have the opportunity to bash Twice, and they are like twins suddenly. In any other cases 'Nate is irrelevant'  :imstupid:

Netizenbuzz is the Korean TMZ .

Netizenbuzz is the devil! She spreading false information and lies! JYP is one of those real generous CEOs /people you ever met. If anyone follow JYP know he is a really good guy!

17183b7c43c08e458f19fc67ebfee64d.jpg

None of his artist say anything negative about JYP.

Everyone talks about how knetz are assholes but look at the thread on OH.

jyp always appreciates that singing-like-talking technique. Remember he praised taeyeon for that.

jyp always appreciates that singing-like-talking technique. Remember he praised taeyeon for that.

Yes, I remember that too.

Tbh I think she should've chosen a better song. Her performance of I Dreamed a Dream was wonderful.

So JYP to Shannon

- At your age, i don't think I have met anyone who can sing as well as you. it's amazing. 

- The reason why you can't sell the story through your singing is because it doesn't look like you are talking. Because you are such a good singer, you don't need to do that to try to show that you are a good singer. also, you need to get rid of the trying to sing in loud volume because you have a mic. I just want to tell you these two things even though I have much more. 

Shannon agreed.

I think he made some good points. Shannon is really really talented but she needs to improve something else other than technique. She'll be greater if she can fix her weakness.   

OH users say Nate is hate when it bashes their faves but their dicks get so long once they see an opportunity to bash Twice and JYP groups. You will see none of them here and this thread won't reach even two pages

OH users say Nate is hate when it bashes their faves but their dicks get so long once they see an opportunity to bash Twice and JYP groups. You will see none of them here and this thread won't reach even two pages

Just watch this thread not getting as much attention as the one with 11 pages

OH users are nothing but Pann users. Yall think you're above but let us be real, OH is worse or just as bad

sigh that mess already translated to various local kpop sites and what do you expect? another mess. -_-

let's hope people actually read this and watch the show

tl;dr don't get baited by NB's trans she never fully translated the article to bait the traffic this is the actual comment unless you guys are that obvious you wanted to drag JYP

he still said that she should sing worse

As expected of idiots salty squad who dragged him on that 11 pages, shame on all of you. Go sit down and reflect

Lmao