• Please log in to reply
1437 replies to this topic

#41 WujuLike

WujuLike

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts
  • Locationthe wujuniverse

Posted 28 November 2016 - 07:38 AM (Edited by TwiceJihyo, 28 November 2016 - 08:01 AM.)

Do we know what companies Kim Sohee and Crisha Choo are from?

#42 saprowling

saprowling

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 09:10 AM

Kim Sohee is from Kim Hyun Chul's Company so maybe Hunus Ent.?

They didn't say which company Crisha Choo was from.

#43 Aexuz

Aexuz

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 565 posts
  • LocationLima, PE

Posted 28 November 2016 - 11:56 AM

Shes so pretty

She reminds me of Nancy from Momoland. So pretty!

Cn_yMe1WIAAqROl.jpg

#44 Oliver

Oliver

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,064 posts
  • LocationHell's Kitchen

Posted 28 November 2016 - 12:05 PM

Sohee is seriously so freakin pretty..... She really knows her angles when shes dancing.....

#45 lllll

lllll

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 01:46 PM

MV teaser for Jung Seung Hwan.

he is doing so well rn! 1st on melon!

happy for him but i wonder how he did it? (0 promo, the song is good but nothing extraordinary + the charts are really competitive right now) Korea must have liked him so much that they remembered him?

#46 ALiFlow

ALiFlow

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 01:51 PM

Kim Sohee: Fe Entertainment (formerly Humus Ent.)

Choo : Urban Works Ent.

#47 scarlette007

scarlette007

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,507 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 02:09 PM

he is doing so well rn! 1st on melon!
happy for him but i wonder how he did it? (0 promo, the song is good but nothing extraordinary + the charts are really competitive right now) Korea must have liked him so much that they remembered him?

He's amazing. Antenna has proven to be the best home for Kpop Star contestants. Antenna artists may not be OH' favorites but many of their artists do well with the public.
And he should have won. Katie Kim didn't connect as well as he did with the Korean public.
And WTH where is Katie?!

#48 lllll

lllll

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 02:16 PM (Edited by lllll, 28 November 2016 - 02:18 PM.)

He's amazing. Antenna has proven to be the best home for Kpop Star contestants. Antenna artists may not be OH' favorites but many of their artists do well with the public.
And he should have won. Katie Kim didn't connect as well as he did with the Korean public.
And WTH where is Katie?!

Not to contradict you but what has Antenna done for him already?  His song reaching nb after a few hours without real promotion has more to do with the impact that he had on kpop star than Antenna (except if missed something?)

I mean i prefered LJA or Sam Kim release, they seemed to be a bit more promoted and they were nowhere near his success. I can see the song last a few days on top of melon tbh

#49 scarlette007

scarlette007

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,507 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 02:25 PM

Not to contradict you but what has Antenna done for him already? His song reaching nb after a few hours without real promotion has more to do with the impact that he had on kpop star than Antenna (except if missed something?)
I mean i prefered LJA or Sam Kim release, they seemed to be a bit more promoted and they were nowhere near his success. I can see the song last a few days on top of melon tbh

For one they debuted him (sideeye YG/Katie Kim).
Did he write the song? I know Lee Jinah and Sam are singer-songwriters. Did his company find/wrote this song for him? I expect to see him on Sketchbook and Immortal Song.
And I would 100% choose Antenna if I actually had vocal talent.

#50 lllll

lllll

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 02:29 PM

For one they debuted him (sideeye YG/Katie Kim).
Did he write the song? I know Lee Jinah and Sam are singer-songwriters. Did his company find/wrote this song for him? I expect to see him on Sketchbook and Immortal Song.
And I would 100% choose Antenna if I actually had vocal talent.

lool ^^ yeah poor katie kim but the theory is that she didn't debut because she is going to be in a group (mamamoo like i think)

I don't remember him composing

#51 scarlette007

scarlette007

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,507 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 02:32 PM (Edited by scarlette007, 28 November 2016 - 02:34 PM.)

lool ^^ yeah poor katie kim but the theory is that she didn't debut because she is going to be in a group (mamamoo like i think)
I don't remember him composing

So then this song and album were composed/written for him by his company. His company is solid talent. I don't see a weak link. They are small but highly skilled.
And YG missed the ship for a group like Mamamoo with SuPearls. Lee Hi and Michelle along with the 2 extremely talented women who harmonized and added great color/timbre to the group was a huge loss. Michelle has also shown she is/was overall a great gem.

#52 lllll

lllll

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 02:42 PM

So then this song and album were composed/written for him by his company. His company is solid talent. I don't see a weak link. They are small but highly skilled.
And YG missed the ship for a group like Mamamoo with SuPearls. Lee Hi and Michelle along with the 2 extremely talented women who harmonized and added great color/timbre to the group was a huge loss. Michelle has also shown she is/was overall a great gem.

i just said that because i don't see Katie Kim in a group in Blackpink and except if YG really screwed her there was no other valid reason to debut her later that the 1y deadline

#53 lllll

lllll

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 04:33 PM

Eng sub out!

http://kshowonline.c...pop-star-6-ep.2

#54 Joymax

Joymax

Pinky♡Jieqiong♡Kyulkyung c(◕‿◕c)✨

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,996 posts
  • Location❤ STAN PRISTIN THE BEST FEMALE ROOKIE GIRL GROUP OF 2K17! ❤

Posted 28 November 2016 - 04:53 PM

There are so many cuties on K-pop Star season 6!
Kim Sohee is my favorite.

Chrisha Choo is just adorable
And they're all from small companies.

I hope to see them become big one day! :ilove:

#55 Hao

Hao

不要擔心

• PipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Locationa flowery path

Posted 28 November 2016 - 08:01 PM

really curious to see some of the trainees from the 3 judges companies. they keep teasing it but keep pushing it to the next week. . .

#56 CClimber

CClimber

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationOn My Rooftop

Posted 28 November 2016 - 09:17 PM (Edited by CClimber, 28 November 2016 - 09:34 PM.)

Not to contradict you but what has Antenna done for him already?  His song reaching nb after a few hours without real promotion has more to do with the impact that he had on kpop star than Antenna (except if missed something?)

Well Antenna is a bit more credible than you think.

First of all, a singer needs a great producer and mentor to succeed. Yoo Hee-yeol knows how to work with good male ballads and made them household names in the industry, i.e: Sung Si-kyung, Kim Yeon-woo. 

Second, the composer of his title song  "The Fool" was Park Sae-byul, also an Antenna Music artist. The lyricist? it's Yoo Hee-yeol. As you said, the song isn't anything new but you can't deny the hook "이 바보야" at the chorus is very addictive. It's all down to YHY.

Third, it would be wrong to suggest he has no promotion. Prior, he had a sold-out concert alongside Kwon Jin-ah at Understage just two weeks ago. Today, he should be be shooting for Yoo Hee-yeol's Sketchbook that is due to air on Saturday night. He will also be on stage at Inkigayo as well as at least three radio shows booked, one of them is the famous Cultwo Show.

So, Antenna isn't really seating on their backs. If you follow them closely then you know that they are a great music label in the making.

#57 scarlette007

scarlette007

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,507 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 09:24 PM (Edited by scarlette007, 28 November 2016 - 09:25 PM.)

Antenna has done more for their trainees/singers than anything YG or JYPE has done for its TOP3 singers. Jimin and Bernard are winners of the show yet JYPE treats them as afterthoughts. Ayeon only gets some support as she managed to pull the public' favor. YG hasn't debuted Katie Kim. Lee Hi does do well when she comeback though with long haitus. Akdong Musician is probably the most successful of the bunch but I place the praise on Chanhyuk. Antenna works with both singer-songwriters (Sam, Lee Jinah) and singers (Kwon, Jinah, Seung Hwan, and likely Soo Jung) very well.

#58 Omijacha

Omijacha

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 02:03 AM

Antenna has done more for their trainees/singers than anything YG or JYPE has done for its TOP3 singers. Jimin and Bernard are winners of the show yet JYPE treats them as afterthoughts. Ayeon only gets some support as she managed to pull the public' favor. YG hasn't debuted Katie Kim. Lee Hi does do well when she comeback though with long haitus. Akdong Musician is probably the most successful of the bunch but I place the praise on Chanhyuk. Antenna works with both singer-songwriters (Sam, Lee Jinah) and singers (Kwon, Jinah, Seung Hwan, and likely Soo Jung) very well.

Antenna does seem to be more about music (not teeny-bop idol groups), while YG and JYP are a bit too obsessed with manufacturing idol groups.  At first I had a favorable opinion of YG and JYP because they seemed to appreciate the talent of a lot of the same Kpop Star contestants that I really liked.  But it's frustrating to see how those same talented people are treated like second-class citizens/or supporting cast at the companies after they sign their contracts.  The companies do provide good production support when music is released, but YG and JYP always give top priority to the idol groups. 

And YG's a mess overall.  It's ridiculous how bad the company is at managing/scheduling musical releases.  It should be no problem having every artist at the company release music every year and several times a year.  The company often wastes several months out of each year releasing virtually nothing.  

AKMU is definitely the most successful act to come out of all seasons of Kpop Star and Lee Hi is a close second (no thanks to YG treating her like she doesn't exist most of the time and apparently doing only the bare minimum required under contract in allowing her to release an album once in a blue moon). But a lot of AKMU's and Lee Hi's success is due to the momentum that they carried with them from Kpop Star and, if anything, YG has mostly slowed them down and made them lose a lot of their original fanbases due to long periods of inactivity.

And don't get me started on Jimin.  JYPE's negligence is a crime.  At first, I was willing to buy the excuse that she was so young that they weren't promoting her heavily in order to not push her too hard to fast.  But it's been 5 years now and JYPE's non-existent promotion for her makes YG's  almost non-existent promotion of AKMU and Lee Hi look good in comparison.  She has world-class vocal ability.  I hope she doesn't just fade from the scene due to neglect. (And why aren't they doing fun inter-company collaborations with AKMU, Lee Hi, Jimin and Ahyeon, etc.?  Are the companies so territorial and petty that they can't figure out how to cooperate on some collaborations?  Seems like well-promoted collaborations would be a win-win for both companies.)   

#59 scarlette007

scarlette007

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,507 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 05:54 AM

Antenna does seem to be more about music (not teeny-bop idol groups), while YG and JYP are a bit too obsessed with manufacturing idol groups.  At first I had a favorable opinion of YG and JYP because they seemed to appreciate the talent of a lot of the same Kpop Star contestants that I really liked.  But it's frustrating to see how those same talented people are treated like second-class citizens/or supporting cast at the companies after they sign their contracts.  The companies do provide good production support when music is released, but YG and JYP always give top priority to the idol groups. 

And YG's a mess overall.  It's ridiculous how bad the company is at managing/scheduling musical releases.  It should be no problem having every artist at the company release music every year and several times a year.  The company often wastes several months out of each year releasing virtually nothing.  

AKMU is definitely the most successful act to come out of all seasons of Kpop Star and Lee Hi is a close second (no thanks to YG treating her like she doesn't exist most of the time and apparently doing only the bare minimum required under contract in allowing her to release an album once in a blue moon). But a lot of AKMU's and Lee Hi's success is due to the momentum that they carried with them from Kpop Star and, if anything, YG has mostly slowed them down and made them lose a lot of their original fanbases due to long periods of inactivity.

And don't get me started on Jimin.  JYPE's negligence is a crime.  At first, I was willing to buy the excuse that she was so young that they weren't promoting her heavily in order to not push her too hard to fast.  But it's been 5 years now and JYPE's non-existent promotion for her makes YG's  almost non-existent promotion of AKMU and Lee Hi look good in comparison.  She has world-class vocal ability.  I hope she doesn't just fade from the scene due to neglect. (And why aren't they doing fun inter-company collaborations with AKMU, Lee Hi, Jimin and Ahyeon, etc.?  Are the companies so territorial and petty that they can't figure out how to cooperate on some collaborations?  Seems like well-promoted collaborations would be a win-win for both companies.)

Honestly - at this point JYPE can shove it. I have 0 respect for them as a management. JYPE is despicable. Jimin' new comeback with D.ear is in a few hours under 1theK. If there was a time to hit it big it would be now so JYPE get 0 credit.

#60 Raging Eunha

Raging Eunha

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 938 posts
  • LocationIn the Galaxy far far away

Posted 19 December 2016 - 11:28 AM

Honestly - at this point JYPE can shove it. I have 0 respect for them as a management. JYPE is despicable. Jimin' new comeback with D.ear is in a few hours under 1theK. If there was a time to hit it big it would be now so JYPE get 0 credit.

Both YG and JYP I think is so bad at managing their artists because they take so much talents right now that they cant keep up with the comebacks its like a whole year before a comeback *eyeing at you YG*.

But for all of these I can still understand that YG will pick up girl trainees that can be added to his future girl group especially right now, He wanted that Chrisha Choo girl so bad that he wanted to talk to her CEO

We can't do anything about these management but hope for the best for our favorite artists

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: YG, jyp, antenna, kpopstar, kpopstar6

Up, Up and Away!