• Please log in to reply
1088 replies to this topic

#1 HannaStarkTargaryen

HannaStarkTargaryen

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • Locationqueen in the YG dungeon ♔ future mother of kpop

Posted 20 November 2016 - 08:50 AM (Edited by HannaStarkTargaryen, 22 March 2017 - 10:31 AM.)

KPOP STAR 6 FINAL

SEASON OFFICIAL

thelastchance

“K-pop Star” Announces That Season 6 Will Be Show’s Final Season, Reveals Changes To Rules And Prize

park-jin-young-yang-hyun-suk-yoo-hee-yeo

SBS’s “K-pop Star” is coming back with new rules for its final season.

On May 9, a press conference for season six was held at the SBS headquarters in Seoul. Among those in attendance were judges Park Jin Young, Yang Hyuk Suk, and Yoo Hee Yeol, as well as PDs Park Sung Hoon and Jung Ik Sung.

PD Park Sung Hoon intrigued the press by revealing that the upcoming season is entitled “K-pop Star 6: The Last Chance.”

“The Last Chance” is meant to imply many things. First, this season is the final installment of “K-pop Star.” Second, significant changes are made to the show’s rules. While the past winners were able to join an agency of their choice, this season’s victor will be jointly handled by JYP Entertainment, YG Entertainment, and Antenna Music instead.

Park Sung Hoon PD explains, “The prize of the previous winners was admission into one of the three agencies, but this time it will be joint promotion by all three of them. The agencies will prepare one song each. The winner will be given the opportunity to experience the production styles of each one.”

Furthermore, “K-pop Star 6” now opens its doors to trainees already under their own agencies. While still discovering new talent, the program also hopes to find hidden gems among signed trainees.

Yang Hyun Suk states, “The mission for ‘K-pop Star 6’ is to find artists like TWICE and BIGBANG who can be famous around the world. Instead of unearthing new talent, we also hope to give existing trainees a chance to be developed and promoted by larger agencies. In season six, we want to develop artists who can attract an international following.”

The revelation of these drastic changes invited many questions from the press. Many were curious about what will happen to trainees under different agencies when the program is over.

According to Yang Hyun Suk, signed trainees will return to their original agencies after the program. He explains further, “If the winning participant does not belong to any agency and wants to enter one of our three agencies, we will discuss it through personal consultations.”

Episodes [with Eng. Subs.] :

epi. 01 | 20.11.2016 

epi. 02 | 27.11.2016 

epi. 03 | 04.12.2016 

epi. 04 | 11.12.2016 

epi. 05 | 18.12.2016 

epi. 06 | 25.12.2016 

epi. 07 | 01.01.2016 

epi. 08 | 08.01.2016 

epi. 09 | 15.01.2016 

epi. 10 | 22.01.2016 

epi. 11 | 29.01.2016 

epi. 12 | 05.02.2016 

epi. 13| 12.02.2016 

epi. 13 | 19.02.2016 (soon)

#2 HannaStarkTargaryen

HannaStarkTargaryen

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • Locationqueen in the YG dungeon ♔ future mother of kpop

Posted 20 November 2016 - 08:52 AM

TOP 10

------ 

#3 lllll

lllll

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 08:53 AM

KPOP STAR 6 FINAL

SEASON OFFICIAL

thelastchance

“K-pop Star” Announces That Season 6 Will Be Show’s Final Season, Reveals Changes To Rules And Prize

http://0.soompi.io/wp-content/uploads/20...

SBS’s “K-pop Star” is coming back with new rules for its final season.

On May 9, a press conference for season six was held at the SBS headquarters in Seoul. Among those in attendance were judges Park Jin Young, Yang Hyuk Suk, and Yoo Hee Yeol, as well as PDs Park Sung Hoon and Jung Ik Sung.

PD Park Sung Hoon intrigued the press by revealing that the upcoming season is entitled “K-pop Star 6: The Last Chance.”

“The Last Chance” is meant to imply many things. First, this season is the final installment of “K-pop Star.” Second, significant changes are made to the show’s rules. While the past winners were able to join an agency of their choice, this season’s victor will be jointly handled by JYP Entertainment, YG Entertainment, and Antenna Music instead.

Park Sung Hoon PD explains, “The prize of the previous winners was admission into one of the three agencies, but this time it will be joint promotion by all three of them. The agencies will prepare one song each. The winner will be given the opportunity to experience the production styles of each one.”

Furthermore, “K-pop Star 6” now opens its doors to trainees already under their own agencies. While still discovering new talent, the program also hopes to find hidden gems among signed trainees.

Yang Hyun Suk states, “The mission for ‘K-pop Star 6’ is to find artists like TWICE and BIGBANG who can be famous around the world. Instead of unearthing new talent, we also hope to give existing trainees a chance to be developed and promoted by larger agencies. In season six, we want to develop artists who can attract an international following.”

The revelation of these drastic changes invited many questions from the press. Many were curious about what will happen to trainees under different agencies when the program is over.

According to Yang Hyun Suk, signed trainees will return to their original agencies after the program. He explains further, “If the winning participant does not belong to any agency and wants to enter one of our three agencies, we will discuss it through personal consultations.”

Episodes:

epi. 01 | 20.11.2016 (soon)

ahaha you were quick to make it ^^

#4 [email protected]@

[email protected]@

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • LocationOwl City ~{The name Amara is a German baby name. In German the meaning of the name Amara is: Eternal. Greek Meaning: The name Amara is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name Amara is: Unfading.}~

Posted 20 November 2016 - 09:09 AM

Sounds great. Excited to see new hidden great talents. 

I'm happy that Seung Hwan will debut soon. Still waiting for Katie debut. 

I still didn't watch season 5. Looks like I have to watch it before new season begin.

#5 Pirimiri

Pirimiri

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts
  • LocationDAY6's studio

Posted 20 November 2016 - 09:17 AM

yujin... (is that her name? the one who sang when we were young) 

i love her voice.. n shes cute

#6 scarlette007

scarlette007

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,322 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 10:36 AM

All I know is Antenna has proven to be the most supportive company for the contestants. Antenna may not have a large financial budget but it seems like they truly spend the attention and care of the debuts/collaborations. They void any justification that just because a company is small they cannot do well or execute a good debut/comeback. Antenna actively promotes their artists. I stand by the opinion if I had a choice I go with Antenna.
And I still haven't decided if I will watch this season. Season 3-5 have shown its degeneration.

#7 cutepeachy

cutepeachy

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,465 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 11:43 AM

In all honesty, Twice and Bigbang already exist, why would anyone want to find the next Twice and Bigbang? This is where YG keeps failing.

Look at how MonstaX is building fandom fast, Seventeen, Girlfriend, BTS, they should create a group that's totally different from Twice and Bigbang.

I mean didn't iKON tried to copy Bigbang's style and failed? If a girlgroup tried to copy Twice's style... like please save them from doing that.

New flavors of ice-cream are created everyday, let's not be stuck with just old flavors.

Zico is not doing Block B's old music anymore and doing new Zico music. It's 2016, let's create something new now.

The group from YG that's not doing Bigbang's style is Winner, but I guess YG didn't like them too much...

#8 lllll

lllll

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 12:04 PM

In all honesty, Twice and Bigbang already exist, why would anyone want to find the next Twice and Bigbang? This is where YG keeps failing.

Look at how MonstaX is building fandom fast, Seventeen, Girlfriend, BTS, they should create a group that's totally different from Twice and Bigbang.

I mean didn't iKON tried to copy Bigbang's style and failed? If a girlgroup tried to copy Twice's style... like please save them from doing that.

New flavors of ice-cream are created everyday, let's not be stuck with just old flavors.

Zico is not doing Block B's old music anymore and doing new Zico music. It's 2016, let's create something new now.

The group from YG that's not doing Bigbang's style is Winner, but I guess YG didn't like them too much...

you obviously never watched kpop star... (the reference to BB and Twice was just for the international popularity, apparently the focus of this season) this is not a show for idol group (some are recruited to be so but that's not the aim of the show) but for artist (mainly vocally talented, sometimes songwritter and performers even if they rarely go far)

#9 drsdv

drsdv

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,587 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 12:11 PM

Ugh.

____

I'm really excited for this. :ahmagah:

#10 ring

ring

Lurker

• PipPipPip
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 12:35 PM

All I know is Antenna has proven to be the most supportive company for the contestants. Antenna may not have a large financial budget but it seems like they truly spend the attention and care of the debuts/collaborations. They void any justification that just because a company is small they cannot do well or execute a good debut/comeback. Antenna actively promotes their artists. I stand by the opinion if I had a choice I go with Antenna.
And I still haven't decided if I will watch this season. Season 3-5 have shown its degeneration.

Yup! I am very glad at the support and exposure that Sam Kim is receiving, which is a lot more than the winners like Jimin and Bernard. I am not even sure when Katie is debuting. With the ways things are going, Soo Jung might debut earlier than Katie. Akmu are the only ones faring well among the rest of kpop star winners because they have the public support and make their own music. 

#11 scarlette007

scarlette007

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,322 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 01:06 PM

Yup! I am very glad at the support and exposure that Sam Kim is receiving, which is a lot more than the winners like Jimin and Bernard. I am not even sure when Katie is debuting. With the ways things are going, Soo Jung might debut earlier than Katie. Akmu are the only ones faring well among the rest of kpop star winners because they have the public support and make their own music.

YG has also done pretty well with Lee Hi. She doesn't promote as much but when she does YG goes all out.
As for JYPE (mis)management of both Jimin and Bernard ... 😒😑

#12 ALiFlow

ALiFlow

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 04:12 PM

Still waiting for Katie debut. 

I am not even sure when Katie is debuting.

And.

I'm ready to die for a duet between Yoo Jay and "Eugenie" :datass:

Yoo Jay's voice is mature and "Eugenie" 's voice is airy. Age difference maybe. Anyway genes rulezzz.

PS

eSNa "A little lovin" is such a song, but if you didn't know this song, I would urge you to listen to Hwasa's rendition ^^

#13 Briar Rose

Briar Rose

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts
  • Locationplace

Posted 20 November 2016 - 04:40 PM

any vids from this ep?

#14 ALiFlow

ALiFlow

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 05:48 PM

any vids from this ep?

https://www.youtube....KPOPSTAR/videos

http://tvcast.naver....kpopstar6/clips

#15 Briar Rose

Briar Rose

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts
  • Locationplace

Posted 20 November 2016 - 08:30 PM

thnx!

#16 OnlySanaShoulder

OnlySanaShoulder

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts
  • LocationTwice PAK Land

Posted 20 November 2016 - 11:49 PM

I just watched ep 1.

My fave so far,

Soloist: nobody yet
Idol Group: Lee Soo Min, Jeon Min Joo
Vocal Group: The Seeya singer

The others have potential but still rough

#17 jpunk

jpunk

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:21 AM

Posting the preview for next week's episode here~

Also, I believe I recognize two of the people in the preview.

The first girl I'm pretty sure is Shannon Williams.

Also the girl at 0:20 (who is also in the screen cap of the video) is a girl named Kriesha.

#18 lllll

lllll

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 06:22 AM

any vids from this ep?

the episode is subbed!! (that was fast!)

http://kshowonline.c...pop-star-6-ep.1

#19 lllll

lllll

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 07:31 AM

Just finished watching it, i really like this show I missed this show so much and even if i'm disappointed thta's the last season i'm excited!^^

So basically Minju could have been in YG all this time, if she had spoken up at the time, she must feel really bad..

By the way where did Yoo jae went last year? Did she signed anywhere? Her sister has a good vocal tone!

#20 minaring♦

minaring♦

𝕝𝕒 𝕣ê𝕧𝕖𝕦𝕤𝕖

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts
  • LocationEunha Protection Squad

Posted 21 November 2016 - 07:41 AM (Edited by Pablo, 21 November 2016 - 07:41 AM.)

I just watched ep 1.

My fave so far,

Soloist: nobody yet
Idol Group: Lee Soo Min, Jeon Min Joo
Vocal Group: The Seeya singer

The others have potential but still rough

damn I wished it was hoonj instead of minju. well, i'd like to think that YG's foolish for giving her a chance. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: YG, jyp, antenna, kpopstar, kpopstar6

Up, Up and Away!