Honest Singer Ambitious Younha Yunha Yoonha Yoon Ha supersonic

7404 replies to this topic

#1 elolery

elolery

Younhaholic Un-Anonymous

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,259 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:16 PM (Edited by elolery, 12 March 2019 - 11:33 AM.) Removal of download links.

N2s4nDt.png

Dl78tmBUcAAqQMK.jpg

pic credit: twitter.com/i_mholics/status/1035542847544414208

Things you might like to know about her

Name: Younha (Full Name: Go Younha 고윤하)

Catholic name: Catharina

Meaning of Name: Shiny Lotus Flower

Date of Birth: April 29, 1988
Family: Dad, Mom, and Sister
Blood Type: O

Height: 157.8cm
Nationality: Korean
Likes: Piano, PC, Baking, Drinking, Sweet Jazz, Hot Rock music, Spicy tteokbokki, Sukiyaki
Religion: Roman Catholic
IQ: 158
School: Graduated from Hankuk University of Foreign Studies (HUFS)
Japan Debut: 1st Sep 2004 (FUJI T.V. Tokyo Manga Series O.S.T. - Yubikiri)

Korean Debut: 17th Dec 2006 (AUDITION Single)
Agencies: C9 Entertainment (Korean), MEPLUS Entertainment (Japanese)
Fandom: YHolics, YounhaPia (up to 2015)
Other occupation: Radio DJ @ MBCstarrynight (May 2011 to Nov 2014)
Friends/Closer Acquaintances: WG's Sunye, Sunmi, Yubin and Yenny, Kara's Gyuri, 2pm's Taecyeon, Baek Ah Yeon, Urban Zakapa, John Park, Nine Muses' Hyuna and Sera, Hong Dae Kwang, Jung Joon Young, Sungha Jung, Dick Punks, Akiba Rie, Heo Kyung Hwan, Ex-Ukiss member Alexander, Ice Skater Kwak Min-Jeong, Roy Kim and Jung Joonyoung, Amber, Juniel, Epik High, AKMU, Lee Hi, Dara

Her Favourite Singers/rappers/groups: BoA, NELL, G-Dragon, Jo Sung Mo, Beenzino, Ben Folds, Florence & the machine

Known celebrity fans of Younha: CNBlue's Lee Jung Shin, Skarf's Jenny, Taeyeon, Suzy, SONAMOO's Minjae, BTS' Rapmon, Ice Skater Yuna Kim, Heyne, Jina of Bob Girls, Winner's Lee Seung-hoon, Up10tion's Sunyoul, Park Hae Jin (Actor), NCT's Haechan, Oh My Girl's Arin, Oh My Girl's Binnie, Loona's Choerry, DreamCatcher's Yoohyeon, CLC Seunghee, GFriend's SinB, NC.A

Ships: TVXQ's Changmin, Suju's Kyuhyun, Jung Joon Young(for this thread, yes XD)

Ideal types: Song Joongki, BAP's Bang Yong Guk

To see much more information and discography, see here 

1) http://forums.soompi...go-younha

2) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Younha

3) Biography. Taken from http://artists.letss...-jrc9k/overview

Spoiler

And here are her latest albums!

View (Japanese)

300px-Younha_-_View.jpg

RescuE (Korean)

Younha-RescuE.jpg?resize=600%2C600&ssl=1

New To Younha?

check spoilers

Spoiler

Projects/blogs set up by our thread residents XD

Spoiler

#2 eMopRiNc3ss69x

eMopRiNc3ss69x

Idol

• PipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:15 PM

saved

#3 eMopRiNc3ss69x

eMopRiNc3ss69x

Idol

• PipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:15 PM

The Latest Gossip

4/29 Younha's Birthday! [Gifts]

5/01 Reason MV is released [YouTube]

5/02 "Just Listen" mini-album is released [YouTube Playlist]

5/02 Comeback showcase [Spring] [Fireworks] [Reason] [Talk]

5/02 Singing "Reason"on her radio show [YouTube]

5/03 Music Bank comeback [YouTube] [Flash]

5/04 #1 on Synnara's weekly album chart [Screenshot]

5/07 Performance on Melon's Inside People [Reason] [One Fine Day]

#4 timetolove

timetolove

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:59 PM

Her new mini album is really good! I was scared that she'd let me down because it's hard to release something satisfying after an album that's as perfect as Supersonic, but she won me over again! My favorite songs are Just Listen, Fireworks and The Real Reason We Broke Up. I especially love the first one, even though it took me some time to get used to Skull's voice.

#5 eMopRiNc3ss69x

eMopRiNc3ss69x

Idol

• PipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:20 PM

Her new mini album is really good! I was scared that she'd let me down because it's hard to release something satisfying after an album that's as perfect as Supersonic, but she won me over again! My favorite songs are Just Listen, Fireworks and The Real Reason We Broke Up. I especially love the first one, even though it took me some time to get used to Skull's voice.

Going into the album, I thought for sure that One Fine Day was going to be my favorite track, but Sea Child.... holy shit Sea Child. Major props to the girl for becoming more involved with the overall production as well.

#6 Lynt

Lynt

Girl Group Trash

• Hall OH Fame
  • 5,281 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh?

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:10 AM

Totally loving Firework and Unacceptable, oh and I gotta love Just Listen...and everythingggggg. Oh and I had to edit Younha's wiki page for the recent album, since someone TOTALLY forgot to add Unnacceptable to the list, which is...unacceptable. Good lord it's late, I should sleep. 

#7 eMopRiNc3ss69x

eMopRiNc3ss69x

Idol

• PipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:16 AM

Totally loving Firework and Unacceptable, oh and I gotta love Just Listen...and everythingggggg. Oh and I had to edit Younha's wiki page for the recent album, since someone TOTALLY forgot to add Unnacceptable to the list, which is...unacceptable. Good lord it's late, I should sleep. 

Have you heard any of THE KOXX's songs? It might be right up your alley as well since the sound should be fairly similar to that of "Firework."

#8 zaddd3

zaddd3

~S♥NE OVERLORD~

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,362 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:17 AM

Her new mini is flawless. I knew she wouldn't dissapoint! My favorite song is "Sea Child". So perfect.

#9 timetolove

timetolove

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:25 AM

Have you heard any of THE KOXX's songs? It might be right up your alley as well since the sound should be fairly similar to that of "Firework."

As far as I know, they also produced 4minute's "Dream Racer" and Miryo's "Party Rock".

#10 eMopRiNc3ss69x

eMopRiNc3ss69x

Idol

• PipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:49 PM

As far as I know, they also produced 4minute's "Dream Racer" and Miryo's "Party Rock".

I lurve Party Rock! First time hearing about Dream Racer though.

Reaction to Dream Racer: 4minutes vocal style and the composition of the song don't really mesh together well for me :|

#11 Mich_

Mich_

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,875 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:36 PM

i still haven't had time to listen to her new mini yet D: need to do that ASAP

#12 eMopRiNc3ss69x

eMopRiNc3ss69x

Idol

• PipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:19 PM

i still haven't had time to listen to her new mini yet D: need to do that ASAP

tell me what your favorite track is afterwards!

here are some fancam of Younha performing at the mecenatpolis mall

Spoiler

she's been performing houki boshi a lot lately :)

#13 viddy

viddy

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:57 PM

I really like Younha a lot. I didn't know she released another mini album.She's the first Korean artist I liked enough to buy an album from (ironically it was one of her Japanese albums). She has a strong and clean voice. It's impressive that she can sing in three different languages and play the piano. I was lucky enough to see a short live performance when she was visiting Canada.

#14 eMopRiNc3ss69x

eMopRiNc3ss69x

Idol

• PipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:15 AM

I really like Younha a lot. I didn't know she released another mini album.She's the first Korean artist I liked enough to buy an album from (ironically it was one of her Japanese albums). She has a strong and clean voice. It's impressive that she can sing in three different languages and play the piano. I was lucky enough to see a short live performance when she was visiting Canada.

i remember getting my first younha album in korea. i thought i was getting her first korean album but apparantly i was getting the 1.5 album which was a remake of her first japanese album. do you know orange no hatsuokoi? was obsessed with that track 5ever

Younha making a special appearance on Chin Chin

#15 kitty^^~

kitty^^~

-That Liquorice-

• PipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:54 AM

I just want to say I love her new release. It's up there as one of the best K-releases for me, along with Zion.T, Lee Hi, Shinee, and Small O. Every song is love.

#16 eMopRiNc3ss69x

eMopRiNc3ss69x

Idol

• PipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:33 PM

I just want to say I love her new release. It's up there as one of the best K-releases for me, along with Zion.T, Lee Hi, Shinee, and Small O. Every song is love.

Glad you liked it so much :)

Surprised at how solid it is for a mini-album tbh

Younha performing on Melon's "Inside People"

Younha performing at a Children's Festival

#17 kitty^^~

kitty^^~

-That Liquorice-

• PipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:40 PM

I should have mentioned of this year :lol: . I still haven't heard her last album, but now I will get on that.

#18 viddy

viddy

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:09 PM

i remember getting my first younha album in korea. i thought i was getting her first korean album but apparantly i was getting the 1.5 album which was a remake of her first japanese album. do you know orange no hatsuokoi? was obsessed with that track 5ever

Never heard it, I think I got her second Japanese album. I actually was a bit disappointed with it at first but now i like it a lot.I particularly like the first track titled Wind. Unfortunately it seems Yesasia no longer has most of her albums. I was planning on getting one of her older Korean albums but never got around to it.

#19 YOONGI

YOONGI

MAMAMOO's PR Team - Chief Moonbyul Stan

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:17 PM

Her music is such quality. I was on Youtube listening to stuff and came across The Reason Why We Broke Up and got hooked. Listened to her album in the car this morning and it's just SO good. Will probably buy it.

#20 Tee

Tee

#OHlluminati

• Hall OH Fame
  • 24,287 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:19 PM

I can't really stand Skull's voice during the second chorus. I had to edit the song and replace that part with Younha's so I can listen to it comfortably. :wth:

Just Listen @ #14

Fireworks @ #6

Up, Up and Away!