Please use your display name or email address to log in! User names are defunct. If your display name had special characters, log in with your email address and update your display name asap. ×
Forums Rules Staff Calendar Leaderboard Activity Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

waycrispy1

The Princess Weiyoung (锦绣未央) Cdrama Official Thread

4975_ThePrincessWeiyoung_Nowplay_Small.j

weiyoung.jpg

Drama Name: The Princess Weiyoung

Chinese Name: é”¦ç»£æœªå¤®

# of Episodes: 54

Genre: Period/Romance

Airing: Dragon TV / Beijing TV

Airing Date: Nov. 11, 2016 

Premieres on Dramafever w/ Eng subs on Nov. 14, 2016 ( 2 episodes Mon-Fri )

CAST:

Tiffany Tang as Li Weiyang / Xin'er

pw1.jpg

Luo jin as Tuoba Jun

pw2.jpg

Vanness Wu as Tuoba Yu

pw3.jpg

Chen Yu Qi as Tuoba Di

pw4.jpg

Mao Xiao Tong as Li Changru

pw5.jpg

Li Xin Ai as Li Changle

pw6.jpg

Synopsis (from Dramafever):

Tiffany Tang (Perfect Couple), internationally-acclaimed actor Luo Jin, and Vanness Wu (Autumn’s Concerto) star in a period romance that proves revenge is best served when the enemy least expects it. Li Wei Young (Tiffany Tang) was born Princess Feng Xin Er, the third daughter of the proud royalty of the Northern Wei Dynasty. Although she never quite gets the affection of her family because she was born on a day deemed one of misfortune, Xin Er is pure of heart and sharp of mind. One fateful night, in a massacre rivaling few others, Xin Er’s kingdom is annihilated. Escaping with her life but now an orphan, Xin Er accidentally wanders into enemy territory. There, she assumes the identity of her savior Li Wei Young, the daughter of a tutor. Full of hatred for the enemy that destroyed her kingdom and lacking in the feminine graces expected in her time, the somewhat arrogant Wei Young has trouble fitting in. But, being both wise and pure of heart, she ultimately learns to channel her hatred towards those who deserve it and become a kinder person overall. And it is exactly her wisdom and humanity that attracts towards her two very different men. Tuoba Jun (Luo Jin) is the beloved, well-educated, kind prince that is favored by all, including the king, and who falls in love with Wei Young. And competing with him is his younger brother Tuoba Yu (Vanness Wu), the cold, menacing and emotionally scarred prince that truly wants to rule the empire, and sees the intelligent Wei Young as his tool and his elder sibling as his rival. Wei Young, however, only has her eyes on one thing: she was not able to save her people. Between the schemes of these two men and living in enemy territory, can Wei Young ever avenge her kingdom?

Trailers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sswIjn6xggA

Can't wait to see it, hopefully it'll serve some Legend of Zhen Huan teas  :rlytearpls:

Yayy a thread! I was going to make one if no one else was gonna do it~

I haven't started watching yet. I hate waiting so I'm waiting for more eps to come out so I can binge. 

Y'all have no idea how ecstatic I am about this drama. Been a Tang Tang and Luo Jin shipper since Luan Shi Jia Ren. And when I heard that they might be reallly dating this time ... my kokoro  :rlytearpls: 

Yayy a thread! I was going to make one if no one else was gonna do it~

I haven't started watching yet. I hate waiting so I'm waiting for more eps to come out so I can binge. 

Y'all have no idea how ecstatic I am about this drama. Been a Tang Tang and Luo Jin shipper since Luan Shi Jia Ren. And when I heard that they might be reallly dating this time ... my kokoro  :rlytearpls:

Same, I really like seeing them together. I should wait too, but I can't. I have a weird obsession with his lips. I'm always eager to see him on screen, and when he appears, I can't even focus on his whole face, all I do is stare at his lips. 

need eng subs  :rlytearpls: really want to watch this

It premieres on Dramafever tomorrow with english subs, 2 ep Mon-Fri

So far so good, although not enough interaction between Tiffany and Luo Jin yet. I do love me a good revenge story, especially if it's a woman and it's historical. However, not thrilled with the production. I have high expectations when it comes to period dramas and the costumes, set, attention to detail are just ok for me. They did turn this one more into a historical idol drama it seems. 

So far so good, although not enough interaction between Tiffany and Luo Jin yet. I do love me a good revenge story, especially if it's a woman and it's historical. However, not thrilled with the production. I have high expectations when it comes to period dramas and the costumes, set, attention to detail are just ok for me. They did turn this one more into a historical idol drama it seems. 

I like it so far ^^ I also love me a good revenge story 

I like a lot of the costumes, nothing crazy but it is visually pleasing. Tiffany looks pretty like always. The guys are ehh so far, with time I will like them. 

It ranks #1 on Mydramalist. I can see C-drama lovers incredibly increase. I'm so excited that more and more i-fans watched C-drama. 

Expected more for 2017. There are just so many big C-dramas coming soon. 

It seems interesting but different from the novel.

Yea that always happens, that's why I never read the novels. I'd be so pissed with almost every drama adaptation.

Can you guys help request this drama on KissAsian.com? I have a friend who wants to watch it but its region blocked on Dramafever... 

I really like it so far, I hope it doesnt let me down like most dramas this year 

Princess%2BWeiyoung%2B62.jpg

her outfits are so pretty 

loving this drama so far! hoping that weiyoung will stay as badass as she was in the recent eps. btw, how many eps has been aired so far?

loving this drama so far! hoping that weiyoung will stay as badass as she was in the recent eps. btw, how many eps has been aired so far?

In China and on Youtube it's already up to 16, on Dramafever with subs only 10.

Episode 20 now!

I still haven't started watching it. lolol.  Been downloading the raws though   :hurr:

Meanwhile I also got all the songs so far played in the drama. Really love Tang Tang and Luo Jin's duet. Her voice is so sweet while his so manly  :lub:

I love that Weiyoung is stands up for herself from the get go. Loving this drama so far. I like everyone. 

I love that Weiyoung is stands up for herself from the get go. Loving this drama so far. I like everyone. 

She was so badass in episode 10 and turned even more savage in episode 12....I love it!!!!

It's gotten to the point where at 5:30 EST I go on Dramafever and start refreshing the page every couple of minutes eagerly waiting for the new episodes to be uploaded.

Me too. 

I'm on ep 12 and i really liked it. Wei Young is so strong. 

I found the martial art in this drama is good. So enjoyable!

She was so badass in episode 10 and turned even more savage in episode 12....I love it!!!!

It's gotten to the point where at 5:30 EST I go on Dramafever and start refreshing the page every couple of minutes eagerly waiting for the new episodes to be uploaded.

Me too! I keep refreshing for new episodes. I am anticipating her being even more savage in the future. At least from some previews I saw. I love this drama so far. 

Me too. 

I'm on ep 12 and i really liked it. Wei Young is so strong. 

I found the martial art in this drama is good. So enjoyable!

same, I like the girl who was her childhood friend. She was so badass.