Sign in to follow this  
Hemlock

The Japanese Dorama & Movie Thread

can someone help me understand the ending of drowning love// oboreru knife... the part when nana and some guy was riding the motorcycle or smth then nana's hat flew off with petals and then suddenly the boy she was riding with became suda ?? and what happened to otomo? :( 

binge watching code blue 3 is so good. I hope by the time I finish the next few episode that last ones get subbed as well. I cant' quite tell if they're trying to set up 2nd gen up for future seasons or if 2nd gen is just a device to show the originals growth since we last saw them.

Strobe Edge was so cute and heart-warming.They did a good Job with the cast

tenor.gif?itemid=5205946

Can anyone tell me the title of this movie? I only watched it without knowing the title and English subtitles lol

nwbjY2jRL1.jpg

E6eT4P_jcm.jpg

mQ5bHYKsF5.jpg

IGF__piUwJ.jpg

Edited by StrangerPetal

Can anyone tell me the title of this movie? I only watched it without knowing the title and English subtitles lol

nwbjY2jRL1.jpg

E6eT4P_jcm.jpg

mQ5bHYKsF5.jpg

IGF__piUwJ.jpg

Sakurada reset

i guess this isn't really a drama or movie but is anyone following terrace house: opening new doors right now? watching it on netflix and i've never binged a show so quick.

it seems like the inspiration for the korean show heart signal. also i've never made a thread before but might make one for TH since i'm so obsessed with it lol

Edited by bulhandang

Has anyone watched this film? There are a couple of title translations that I found:

"Tonight, at the Movies"

"Tonight, Romance at the Movies"

"Color Me True"

I watched it and thought it was sweet (with a bit of sadness). The male lead was very cute and Haruka Ayase was beautiful. It's somewhat cheesy and predictable, but very cute nonetheless if you want a lighthearted romance with a unique plot. 

fbda5a78943fbb57ced88dd5a3483fa5.jpg

Edited by SomewhereHere

I enjoyed this film as well. I never read the manga nor watched the anime. From watching this as a non-fan, I thought it was entertaining albeit the tone was more dark and sad. I hope they make a sequel.  I haven't watched many of Takeru Satoh's work, but I really liked his portrayal of the villain in this film. 

inuyashiki-key-art.jpg

Edited by SomewhereHere

gintama 2 is so goooooooodd, watched it in cinema and rewatched it again after the bd out~

the live actions never disappointed, since im an avid fans if the manga+anime, I'm pleased!

gintama 2 is so goooooooodd, watched it in cinema and rewatched it again after the bd out~

the live actions never disappointed, since im an avid fans if the manga+anime, I'm pleased!

Its way better than the first imo!

Its way better than the first imo!

yes! totally agree! some of the actors seem to garsp their characters more in two! (also because benizakura arc is kinda overdone, so)

I hope they will produce the movie every year, like, I could not be more happy if the do :rlytearpls:

Watched Sensei Kunshu today, perfect mv to just relax your brain.

If you like sensei kunshu you might like heroine shikkaku too! It's by same mangaka, and kinda like the spinoff of sensei kunshu too (the 2nd male lead is hiromitsu sensei -takeuchi ryoma- little brother).

Watched hibiki last week, because of techi lol. Honestly not bad.

Also rewatching teiichi no kuni (again) today, still 10/10.

If you like sensei kunshu you might like heroine shikkaku too! It's by same mangaka, and kinda like the spinoff of sensei kunshu too (the 2nd male lead is hiromitsu sensei -takeuchi ryoma- little brother).

Tysm for the rec! I’m super new to Japanese entertainment and lucked out by coming across sensei kunshu and actually clicking on it.

Watched The Dark Maidens/ Ankaku Joshi this morning

Pretty cool mystery movie

Highly recommend it

8/10

I would like to watch tv shows or films based in the Samurai period or maybe even older. I like that ancient ambient.

Any recommendations? Not anime unless you think it could be really worth to watch.

Arigatou~ :3

Edited by LaVieEnRose