Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Hemlock

The Japanese Dorama & Movie Thread

i haven't started any from this season yet. Still waiting till more subbed eps are out before i even bother. The season does seem kinda weak though. 

Rakuen and Okaasan, Musume wo Yamete Ii desu ka along with Quartet are good

Edited by chikachan

Rakuen and Okaasan, Musume wo Yamete Ii desu ka along with Quartet are good

I was already planning to watch Okaasan and Quartet after more eps get subbed. I'll look into Rakuen. Thanks. 

So is Tokyo Tarareba Musume not good? I haven't seen anybody talk about it. 

Edited by Hemlock

I was already planning to watch Okaasan and Quartet after more eps get subbed. I'll look into Rakuen. Thanks. 

So is Tokyo Tarareba Musume not good? I haven't seen anybody talk about it. 

I only got to watched the 1st episode for now and while it's really funny, I can't helped but get a little annoyed by the girls. 

Their issue about being in alone in 2020 Tokyo Olympics is just too shallow for me.

what are the ones that are worth checking out? 

I've been watching rakuen, totsuzen desu ga, ashita kekkon shimasu and yesterday just started tokyo tarareba musume. 

So far they're good for passing the time until next season. 

I keep breaking my promise to myself and keep starting random ones every other week. I haven't followed jdramas long enough to work out if this is an unusually weak season or not.

Yeah this season is a bit weak. Rakuen and Quartet are worth checking out though, and for some reason I also like A LIFE, it's not as 'makjang' as people might have perceived initially. It does give you a bit of nostalgic 90s-2000s doramas though.

Edited by whitedove

tumblr_oljaa0YSM81v9wqzho1_r1_500.gif

lol this looks so funny to me. 

is there no subs for quartet?

nvm, i found it

Edited by IceHism

Where do you guys dl your raws from? Wondering if there's a better place besides doramax264. I know about jdramacity but looking for a non-torrent place preferably. 

Edited by Hemlock

Where do you guys dl your raws from? Wondering if there's a better place besides doramax264. I know about jdramacity but looking for a non-torrent place preferably. 

i do torrents

Avistaz, nyaa, jdramacity.

doramax264 seems good though.  small files and uploaded to a multimirror with some places with no wait times.

i do torrents

Avistaz, nyaa, jdramacity.

doramax264 seems good though.  small files and uploaded to a multimirror with some places with no wait times.

I've been a little paranoid to torrent after switching to Comcast. Probably worrying for nothing though but i'll still probably save torrents as a last resort. 

I started Quartet now that it's a decent way in and subs look like they come out regularly. It was a good first ep. Instantly recognized that they were playing Dragon Quest music at the mall lol. And then they did the level up tune for the kids that were watching.  :lol:

Hi! I'm not updated with j-drama since i got to shinee again lol.

Currently i watch Good Partner. I like Kento Kaku and i just knew that he's married, OMG, with Nana, i like her too.

Last years i watched Date, it's super hilarious and weird. From 9 to 5 (not finished), koinaka, amachan.

And i haven't heard those dramas y'all mentioned in this thread :lol:

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Currently watching Seirei no Moribito season 2. Ayase Haruka makes such a good warrior/fighter. Her fight scenes have no awkwardness or hesitancy at all.

Kinkyu Torishirabeshitsu season 2 starring Amami Yuki and a slew of veteran casts premiered to 17.9% in ratings last night. This will most likely be the big hit this season.

You guys can find season 1 with subs at D-Addicts or the renowned streaming sites if you want to check it out.

Edited by whitedove

Just finished Onna wa Sore o Yurusanai and I enjoyed it but I have to say I've only seen Fukada Kyoko in 2 dramas and atm she seems a bit 1 dimensional with her acting. 

Edit: OMG theres going to be a Hirugao movie set 3 years later. Hirugao I think was my first J-drama and I loved it. 

Edited by silverlining

Just finished Onna wa Sore o Yurusanai and I enjoyed it but I have to say I've only seen Fukada Kyoko in 2 dramas and atm she seems a bit 1 dimensional with her acting. 

Edit: OMG theres going to be a Hirugao movie set 3 years later. Hirugao I think was my first J-drama and I loved it. 

I first saw her in God Please Give Me More Time with Kaneshiro Takeshi. She was so young back then and definitely not one-dimensional. She got typecasted a lot after that though, probably to break through that super sad melodramatic role.

Edited by whitedove

I am really into movie of the crime-mystery genre

So any good Japanese movie suggestions form this genre?

Hello, first time visiting this thread because I need to spazz about Code Blue 3!

It's been a long 7 years that I finally see the comeback of one of my favourite jdrama, which I could never have imagined. Moreover, it stars my favourite j-actor, Yamashita Tomohisa and j-actresses, Toda Erika and Aragaki Yui. It's been 2 episodes so far and I am already blessed with the friendship of the 5 leads and the exciting medical emergencies. Seeing the 5 leads grow into the capable doctors they are in Code Blue 3, I felt a weird sense of fulfilment and achievement like seeing my own children grow up! I am happy to see the effort in linking the latest season with the past seasons even though it's been 7 years. Erika's scar from her heart surgery in the SP, Yamapi's obliviousness to the romance between his friends....  Can't wait for the next episode!

ps: sorry for the long spazz

Hello, first time visiting this thread because I need to spazz about Code Blue 3!

It's been a long 7 years that I finally see the comeback of one of my favourite jdrama, which I could never have imagined. Moreover, it stars my favourite j-actor, Yamashita Tomohisa and j-actresses, Toda Erika and Aragaki Yui. It's been 2 episodes so far and I am already blessed with the friendship of the 5 leads and the exciting medical emergencies. Seeing the 5 leads grow into the capable doctors they are in Code Blue 3, I felt a weird sense of fulfilment and achievement like seeing my own children grow up! I am happy to see the effort in linking the latest season with the past seasons even though it's been 7 years. Erika's scar from her heart surgery in the SP, Yamapi's obliviousness to the romance between his friends....  Can't wait for the next episode!

ps: sorry for the long spazz

I'm so tempted to start this. I know it's popular and should be subbed at a relatively good speed but I still feel a bit burned by the last cycle of dramas.

I come here bcos code blue 3...smile.png 

100-manen no onna-tachi a pleasant surprise. Didn't think netflix would be able to capture that j-doroma feels but they did with a strange premise and the cinematography. I'm now more than willing to try other netflix j-doromas now.