Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Hemlock

The Japanese Dorama & Movie Thread

Just watched Totsuzen Desu ga, Ashita Keikkon shimasu. I'll keep watching to see how it goes but what I really want to know is who was singing the song at the end with the credits?

That's Mariya (the female lead) singing . It's called Motion and comes out next month. 

Edited by Hemlock
  • Like 1

That's Mariya (the female lead) singing . It's called Motion and comes out next month. 

I keep replaying the ending/credits just for the song. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7ozSW5Dk08

I can't wait for the full version. 

The other female actress in the thumbnail, I feel like she's now appearing in bigger supporting roles with each drama I've seen her in: from 5 to 9, family's form and now this one. 

Edited by silverlining

I keep replaying the ending/credits just for the song. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7ozSW5Dk08

I can't wait for the full version. 

The other female actress in the thumbnail, I feel like she's now appearing in bigger supporting roles with each drama I've seen her in: from 5 to 9, family's form and now this one. 

I haven't seen any of her dramas but i like her music. She started off with pop rock, then did some ballads, and recently pop. The pop songs have been kinda weak but this sounds pretty good and easily the best pop song she's done so far. 

I've noticed her in 5 to 9 as well and happy see her get bigger roles, 'cause I quite like her.

Hi you lovely people! I am trying my luck here.

Many donkey years ago in the 90s, I watched a Japanese drama about a high school girl who had to work in a traditional Japanese inn after her biological father (an old man) had passed away. The thing was apparently her mother had an affair with that old man and bore her but still married to her husband, who forgave her infidelity and raised the girl as his own. But as per will, the high school girl was to train in that inn after school everyday, for a shot in future that she would take over as the head. Her rival was the daughter-in-law of the deceased owner, who plotted with her own brother to oust the high school girl and whatnot. Get the picture?

My question is.....Does anyone remember this particular drama and if yes, can you tell me the name of the drama? Back then, I could not watch the last episode due to exams. I just want to re-watch the whole thing. I went to Japan twice in hope of finding a box set but when I tried to describe the gist of the drama via a translator....No positive result....Google gives me nothing. Tried in the past using web crawler, yahoo, MSN, even MySpace. Nothing. I just need the name. I don't even remember the lead actress but I do remember the cute pink kimono she wore for her high school graduation ceremony. Oh btw, the brother of the daughter-in-law had a change of heart over the period and ended in a love triangle with lead actress and her guy friend. Both guys were hot btw. Useless info I know.

Help.

Edited by myownlilbubble

Hi you lovely people! I am trying my luck here.

Many donkey years ago in the 90s, I watched a Japanese drama about a high school girl who had to work in a traditional Japanese inn after her biological father (an old man) had passed away. The thing was apparently her mother had an affair with that old man and bore her but still married to her husband, who forgave her infidelity and raised the girl as his own. But as per will, the high school girl was to train in that inn after school everyday, for a shot in future that she would take over as the head. Her rival was the daughter-in-law of the deceased owner, who plotted with her own brother to oust the high school girl and whatnot. Get the picture?

My question is.....Does anyone remember this particular drama and if yes, can you tell me the name of the drama? Back then, I could not watch the last episode due to exams. I just want to re-watch the whole thing. I went to Japan twice in hope of finding a box set but when I tried to describe the gist of the drama via a translator....No positive result....Google gives me nothing. Tried in the past using web crawler, yahoo, MSN, even MySpace. Nothing. I just need the name. I don't even remember the lead actress but I do remember the cute pink kimono she wore for her high school graduation ceremony. Oh btw, the brother of the daughter-in-law had a change of heart over the period and ended in a love triangle with lead actress and her guy friend. Both guys were hot btw. Useless info I know.

Help.

Never watched it but thought I'd give internet sleuthing a go. The synopsis for Okami Sandai Onna no Tatakai and Onsen e Ikou sound like they could fit. What year did you happen to be watching this drama and how many episodes was it?

hey guys i need help. there was this jmovie that was supposed to come out in Japan around the same time as the "the girl and the black wolf prince". i cant remember the name and i cant find it

i just remember that the girl had orange hair with bangs and long half curly hair. its like romance-school themed movie.

and i know its adaptation of a manga.

(i know its little information but i dont usually watch trailers so i dont know what it is about haha)

i was waiting for the subs but eventually while waiting i forgot already the name of it xD

can someone help me?

(it wasnt that movie where the main lead has blonde hair and wanna prove that her looks has nothing to do with studies)

Edited by Soilei

hey guys i need help. there was this jmovie that was supposed to come out in Japan around the same time as the "the girl and the black wolf prince". i cant remember the name and i cant find it

i just remember that the girl had orange hair with bangs and long half curly hair. its like romance-school themed movie.

and i know its adaptation of a manga.

(i know its little information but i dont usually watch trailers so i dont know what it is about haha)

i was waiting for the subs but eventually while waiting i forgot already the name of it xD

can someone help me?

(it wasnt that movie where the main lead has blonde hair and wanna prove that her looks has nothing to do with studies)

Beyond the Memories is the only one with matching hair - it looks kind of orange in the poster. Can't think of anything else.

beyond-the-memories-kiyoku-yawaku.26439.

• Like 1

Beyond the Memories is the only one with matching hair - it looks kind of orange in the poster. Can't think of anything else.

beyond-the-memories-kiyoku-yawaku.26439.

nah thats not it.the girl had completely orange hair. really strong color -like Jimin in my signature has. that kind of color.

this was school themed about romance between i think two guys and girl?

thanks for the reply tho <3

Edited by Soilei

Heroine Disqualified?

tumblr_nlams9VZJE1tx51lho9_r1_1280.jpg

Edited by Hemlock

Just started watching dame na watashi ni koishite kudasai. All I think about when I see Fukada Kyoko is how similar she looks to Han Hyo Joo, they could pass off as twins or sisters. 

Heroine Disqualified?

tumblr_nlams9VZJE1tx51lho9_r1_1280.jpg

nope i watched that one already xD

There is a girl with orange hair in Itazura na Kiss, I think.

i know "it started with a kiss"

meh. maybe i was dreaming about this movie, seems like i did. or its completely nugu 

ty for efforts :D

nope i watched that one already xD

i know "it started with a kiss"

meh. maybe i was dreaming about this movie, seems like i did. or its completely nugu 

ty for efforts :D

I stumbled upon Peach girl just not. Not the one?

mLAKZn54_a14fdc_c2x.jpg

• Like 1

lol. It does still bother me that we haven't figured it out yet but idk what it could be. Let's hope it is Peach Girl so we don't have to suffer not knowing anymore lol. 

I stumbled upon Peach girl just not. Not the one?

mLAKZn54_a14fdc_c2x.jpg

lol. It does still bother me that we haven't figured it out yet but idk what it could be. Let's hope it is Peach Girl so we don't have to suffer not knowing anymore lol. 

nooo its not peach girl. i would have known it cuz its a remake of a drama hahaha

just forget about it guys, maybe i was seriously having a dejavu or dreaming 

xDDD :omgwtf:

nooo its not peach girl. i would have known it cuz its a remake of a drama hahaha

just forget about it guys, maybe i was seriously having a dejavu or dreaming 

xDDD :omgwtf:

Maybe it's the movie Orange and that's why the word "orange" is stuck in your head. Her hair isn't that color in the live action but it is in the manga. 

orange-film-live-action-poster.png

153742l.jpg

That'll be my last guess haha. 

• Like 1

Maybe it's the movie Orange and that's why the word "orange" is stuck in your head. Her hair isn't that color in the live action but it is in the manga. 

orange-film-live-action-poster.png

153742l.jpg

That'll be my last guess haha. 

i've watched orange and i loved it 

so its not that

but yeah i think i was probably delusional or really dreaming. if nobody else can figurate it out that means im probably crazy xD

Totsuzen desu ga, Ashita Kekkon Shimasu ep. 3

I'm annoyed by the female lead - she just doesn't make any sense, so I'll probably drop the drama after this episode which will leave me with only one drama this season. Meh.

Quartet ep. 4

Quartet keeps delivering. The cliffhanger at the end is killing me. 

It's boring without Ishihara Satomi, so I even watched Shin Godzilla which was tragic except for her character.  :lol:

f9cfed5228a4881f45dacbfba8ba7733.gif

i haven't started any from this season yet. Still waiting till more subbed eps are out before i even bother. The season does seem kinda weak though. 

i haven't started any from this season yet. Still waiting till more subbed eps are out before i even bother. The season does seem kinda weak though.

I keep breaking my promise to myself and keep starting random ones every other week. I haven't followed jdramas long enough to work out if this is an unusually weak season or not.

I keep breaking my promise to myself and keep starting random ones every other week. I haven't followed jdramas long enough to work out if this is an unusually weak season or not.

what are the ones that are worth checking out?