Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Hemlock

The Japanese Dorama & Movie Thread

I wonder what made Yamaken the go-to person for live actions because he's pretty much in almost every single live actions these days. The only one he wasn't in is Chihayafuru.

I'm curious as to whether he can pull off Oreki's characterization well.

I'm sooo glad he's not in Chihayafuru! And he's not in another shoujo romance hit (Kurosaki-kun) as well. Interestingly, while his movies perform decently at the box-office, they're not really big hits.

omg didn't know about this thread , thank you for creating one!  :chu:

rn I'm re-watching Massan , for this season I'm downloading Gakki's drama but I'm waiting till the show is completed  :rlytearpls: I guess I'll do the same with Suda Masaki's drama soon 

hello everyone! 

rn I'm re-watching Massan , for this season I'm downloading Gakki's drama but I'm waiting till the show is completed  :rlytearpls: I guess I'll do the same with Suda Masaki's drama soon 

hello everyone!

Hello! :)

Flawless signature!♡

Hello! :)

Flawless signature!♡

Hi!  :)

hahahaha! flawless Ryo is flawless ♥

ahhhhh , tempted to watch Aogeba Toutoshi , story seems interesting + I love Tabe-chan so much  :ahmagah:

hello everyone! 

Hello~  :ohbi:  :ohla:

Hi!  :)

hahahaha! flawless Ryo is flawless ♥

ahhhhh , tempted to watch Aogeba Toutoshi , story seems interesting + I love Tabe-chan so much  :ahmagah:

Watch it!!! Aogeba Toutoushi is really good + the cast is awesome!

Was Oguri Shun's Daisho uploaded anywhere? - People are discussing 2nd episode on tumblr, but I can't find it anywhere.

Edited by wiaraewiwiarae

Have you checked on the site?

Yes. Both in-site search and google give me ep. 4 only. TT

Where do people get raws? Since d-addicts stopped uploading I use jdramacity or dramanice, but neither has the raw of Daisho either.

Edited by wiaraewiwiarae

I just finished the first Chihayafuru movie and i am surprised by how good it was. I heard that the anime was really good but i never watched it. Really enjoyed the movie. Liked it much more than the Orange movie out of the friendship focused jmovies i watched this year. 

I'm currently watching the anime. 1 and 2 films are covered by episodes 1-15 with 35 more episodes to go (I just watched ep. 15). The order of events and some other details are different. The anime is not as picturesque visually, but it provides interesting insight into karuta itself and characters as well. I definitely recommend watching it.

Yes. Both in-site search and google give me ep. 4 only. TT

Where do people get raws? Since d-addicts stopped uploading I use jdramacity or dramanice, but neither has the raw of Daisho either.

Ep 1-3: http://maplestage.com/show/%E4%BB%A3%E5%83%B9

I don't think it's subbed anywhere yet though. It's supposed to be available in US HULU also so it should be subbed. But maybe it won't be available in the US until it finishes airing in japan first? idk. 

I'm currently watching the anime. 1 and 2 films are covered by episodes 1-15 with 35 more episodes to go (I just watched ep. 15). The order of events and some other details are different. The anime is not as picturesque visually, but it provides interesting insight into karuta itself and characters as well. I definitely recommend watching it.

Damn that's a lot of story left then. I see why they needed a third movie now haha. 

Ep 1-3: http://maplestage.com/show/%E4%BB%A3%E5%83%B9

I don't think it's subbed anywhere yet though. It's supposed to be available in US HULU also so it should be subbed. But maybe it won't be available in the US until it finishes airing in japan first? idk. 

Thank you! ♥ Raw is fine for me.

I'm not in US, so even if it's available there, I probably won't be able to watch it from the US channels anyway. 

Damn that's a lot of story left then. I see why they needed a third movie now haha. 

The anime is really interesting. I'm already done with S1 (25 eps) and watching S2E3 atm.  :raep:

During the downtime I watched Wolf Girl and Black Prince, The World of Kanako, finally watched the third live action Rurouni Kenshin movie, and also rewatched Ao Haru Ride live action~

-Wolf Girl was ok. Fumi is cute. I still don't get why Yamaken is so popular. 

-World of Kanako is O_O. Don't even know if i could say whether it's good or not. It's a violent and at times disturbing ride with unlikable characters. But Komatsu Nana was pretty in it so worth i guess idk. 

-RuroKen 3 was super disappointing as a big RuroKen fan. I thought the first movie was really good despite the changes. The second movie was alright and then the third was just meh. 

-I enjoyed all adaptations of Ao Haru Ride and Honda Tsubasa's smile makes me smile so i watched it after World of Kanako just for something light after that lol. 

I'll gather all the live action movie trailers that came out over the break and post it in a bit. 

Gintama LA teaser trailer

(Oguri Shun, Suda Masaki, Hashimoto Kanna)

Cheerdance trailer.

(Hirose Suzu and Nakajo Ayami)

Isshuukan Friends LA trailer

(Yamaken and Kawaguchi Haruna)

3-gatsu no Lion (March comes in like a lion) LA trailer

(Kamiki Ryunosuke, Arimura Kasumi)

Hirunaka no Ryuusei LA trailer

(Nagano Mei, Miura Shohei, Shirahama Aran)

I think that’s most of them. There was a trailer for the live action P to JK movie starring Kame and Tsuchiya Tao too but the video looks like it was taken down. There are various other news of celebs having kids or whatever too.

Also the whole Narimiya Hiroki mess that’s been happening Basically there was a rumor that he did drugs (coke i think, i forget) He denies it but retired from the entertainment industry. A “friend†opening a blog and twitter to talk about it or something like that.

The Unleashthegeek twitter is a good place to look at if you want to see this stuff. 

Edited by Hemlock

I'm so excited for Isshukan Friends and Hirunaka no Ryuusei (even though I have no idea what is going to be about)!

Hippocratic oath is really good. I like how Japanese drama tend to explore philosophical ideas in more depth while also having a tight story line.