Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Hemlock

The Japanese Dorama & Movie Thread

Hi,

where do you guys access Japanese movies with Eng sub?

would appreciate any help.

Thank you. 

I just watched The World of Kanako.  The most entertaining character was the cop who was always consuming sweets and all his lines started off with "Senpai!"  Here's the actor for the character I'm referring to:

220px-Satoshi_Tsumabuki_Cannes_2015.jpg

Edited by Poetry

On 10/15/2019 at 6:19 AM, OptimusPrime said:

Hi,

where do you guys access Japanese movies with Eng sub?

would appreciate any help.

Thank you. 

Netflix (very limited though)

Kissasian I use most often!

If it's not on there I usually just time in name of the drama/movie with eng sub and it'll come up!

Edited by Bom

Hospitalite

I would call it an art house black comedy.

I watch Japanese films subbed in English offered by my local public library on Hoopla or Kanopy.  

Edited by Poetry

On 2/15/2020 at 3:03 AM, Maiha said:

Hi

Can anyone suggest short Japanese dramas? (episode around ~30 minutes) ?

Kotaki Brothers and Shikuhakku is 30 mins per episode. It's on my to watch list, so I haven't started it yet, but I've read a few comments that like it!

Liar Game is 36 mins per episode. Someone on MDL made a list of dramas under 30 minutes (it includes non-Japanese dramas, but the majority on the list are J-dramas: https://mydramalist.com/list/d4vq9230). Hope this helps!

The shortest episode lengths I've seen come from their asadoras (15 minutes per episode), but those are their daily dramas so they come out to 100+ episodes.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Dance with Me (2019 film) - Wikipedia

Just finished watching this film. It was entertaining and I really liked the chemistry between the cast members. The lead actress is so pretty.

Edited by SomewhereHere

On 12/12/2018 at 4:37 AM, SomewhereHere said:

Just watched this and thought it was cute and had a good cast overall. It was well-paced. 

My-little-monster.jpg

What's the English title of this?

Before 2010 i used to love Japanese dorama, however the subs is getting harder to get.. however since last year, there were many dorama with complete subs so i started watching Japanese dorama again. Just finish "this guy is the biggest mistake in my life" it's quirky and funny and over the top, but that's why i like it.

On 5/10/2020 at 12:27 PM, Harcoolbabe said:

What's the English title of this?

My Little Monster

On 5/10/2020 at 12:32 PM, Harcoolbabe said:

Before 2010 i used to love Japanese dorama, however the subs is getting harder to get.. however since last year, there were many dorama with complete subs so i started watching Japanese dorama again. Just finish "this guy is the biggest mistake in my life" it's quirky and funny and over the top, but that's why i like it.

I liked this drama, too!