Posted 19 December 2016 - 04:56 AM

Jimi ni Sugoi

Spoiler

#102 Hemlock

Hemlock

Xia♥Lock

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,099 posts
  • LocationNever running from a real fight. She's the one named Sailor Moon!

Posted 19 December 2016 - 03:16 PM

^ you didn't like Dear Sister? I really liked it. It was the drama that got me back into jdramas. I lost interest for a while because japan was in a weird obsession with episodic detective dramas for a few years. 

I've only seen the first ep of Jimi ni Sugoi so i can't say much. There's only 3 subbed eps out so i'm not even going to bother until it's done. My disappointment this year is NigeHaji. I know it's super popular and i was enjoying it a lot too early on. I just think some of the writing and logic behind the actions the characters have are really weird and weak. I had to drop it after failing to finish episode 5 after multiple attempts. 

#103 wiaraewiwiarae

wiaraewiwiarae

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 03:25 PM

^ you didn't like Dear Sister? I really liked it. It was the drama that got me back into jdramas. I lost interest for a while because japan was in a weird obsession with episodic detective dramas for a few years. 

I've only seen the first ep of Jimi ni Sugoi so i can't say much. There's only 3 subbed eps out so i'm not even going to bother until it's done. My disappointment this year is NigeHaji. I know it's super popular and i was enjoying it a lot too early on. I just think some of the writing and logic behind the actions the characters have are really weird and weak. I had to drop it after failing to finish episode 5 after multiple attempts. 

I watched at least half of it, maybe more - can't remember exactly. It seemed interesting at first, but quickly went downhill for me.

NigeHaji is cute. And it does have character development. I like it, but I'm not head over heels. I liked Jimi ni sugoi halfway as well, it's not bad, but it didn't come through in the 2nd half.

#104 Orenshii

Orenshii

Idol

• PipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 06:32 AM

currently watching Fukuyado Honpo Kyoto Love Story. im a sucker for this kind of drama lol. and the beautiful scenes of Kyoto..

Ichihara Hayato is a big plus too!

kudos to the subber! http://doramaticbite.../fukuyado-honpo

#105 PLAY UGLY

PLAY UGLY

They Call Me Baepsae

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,399 posts
  • Location💣Between all the Fandom WARS💣

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:52 PM

currently watching Fukuyado Honpo Kyoto Love Story. im a sucker for this kind of drama lol. and the beautiful scenes of Kyoto..
Ichihara Hayato is a big plus too!

kudos to the subber! http://doramaticbite.../fukuyado-honpo

I havent seen that drama but I'm lovin that song though!

#106 silverlining

silverlining

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,792 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 07:09 PM

Blitzed my way through the first 8 episodes of nodame cantabile. I love the character development and the pace of the story also allows me to appreciate more classical pieces of music.

#107 whitedove

whitedove

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,947 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 25 December 2016 - 12:11 AM

Blitzed my way through the first 8 episodes of nodame cantabile. I love the character development and the pace of the story also allows me to appreciate more classical pieces of music.

Don't forget the specials/movies too.

#108 silverlining

silverlining

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,792 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 04:47 AM

Don't forget the specials/movies too.

are the good? I don't want to ruin something that was so perfect in its execution.

#109 wiaraewiwiarae

wiaraewiwiarae

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 02:51 PM

I don't care much for NigeHaji's ending. I wanted something less conventional. But it was cute nonetheless.

#110 Hemlock

Hemlock

Xia♥Lock

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,099 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 12:15 AM

Halfway through Suishou no Kodou. Liking it so far. Ep3 was frustrating though. I always hate when different departments hide things from each other and shit like that instead of cooperating to solve the case. 

I haven't caught up with NIgeHaji yet. The last ep isn't subbed yet so i'm not in a rush. I still think it's kinda disappointing and have problems with the writing but it's cute enough to finish. 

#111 demasta

demasta

46G & Flower <3

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,072 posts
  • LocationFighting on with Yuipon in Fukyouwaon and ignoring everyone else

Posted 30 December 2016 - 02:34 AM

finally finished 1 Litre of Tears after holding it off for so long, my heart  :rlytearpls:  the feels are real  :rlytearpls:

#112 Virgil

Virgil

Idol

• PipPip
  • 485 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 30 December 2016 - 11:15 PM (Edited by Virgil, 30 December 2016 - 11:16 PM.)

I just have to recommend "Jin"

Jin2-p2.jpg

Some of you might already know the korean version but I personally enjoyed the 2 seasons of the orignal japanese version much more than the korean version. Even people who have already watched "Dr. Jin" should give "Jin" a chance.

#113 silverlining

silverlining

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,792 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 04:36 AM

watching Liar game, since I've watched the korean remake some of the games are the same I just don't necessarily remember all the details. But even then there are some significant differenced that makes this original live action just as interesting. Nan's character as naive as she is at least seems to play a slightly more active role while on her mission to make the world around sing koombaya with her. 

#114 chikachan

chikachan

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 12:24 AM

I'm watching Kuroi 10-nin no Onna and while the whole thing is ridiculous, I can't help but be entertained by it  :lol:

#115 Dolores Haze

Dolores Haze

˒ ᴍᴏᴏɴƒᴀʀᴛ ˓

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,528 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 03:12 PM

just finished watching Always Sunset on Third Street 1 & 2 and i have to say this franchise is the true gem of them all, i'm so glad i found it. this one and Wood Job (also Shinya Shokudo) are so beautiful and precious, i had so many emotions while watching them. this genre of movies is usually slept on (at least from what i see) but hopefully Japan will keep making movies like this, they're one of the reasons i fall in love with Japan.

#116 silverlining

silverlining

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,792 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:50 PM

Does anyone know of Japanese films that are similar in cinematography as House of flying daggers, crouching tiger hidden dragon, Masquerade, the legendary courtesan hwang jin yi.

#117 Hemlock

Hemlock

Xia♥Lock

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,099 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 09:36 PM

Does anyone know of Japanese films that are similar in cinematography as House of flying daggers, crouching tiger hidden dragon, Masquerade, the legendary courtesan hwang jin yi.

Like colorful artsy type historical movies? I'm not familiar with any japanese movies like that. 

Here are some historical movies though in case they might interest you

I liked the first 2 movies. I haven't actually watched the third one yet. I've been meaning to for years but never got around to it. 

#118 silverlining

silverlining

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,792 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 09:52 PM

Like colorful artsy type historical movies? I'm not familiar with any japanese movies like that. 

Here are some historical movies though in case they might interest you

I liked the first 2 movies. I haven't actually watched the third one yet. I've been meaning to for years but never got around to it. 

Thanks, I'll have a look into these movies.

It doesn't have to be artsy, but most of the J-Movies that I've watched generally fit the teen angst/love story feel like that's all their film industry seems to offer. Even something in a modern day setting but where all the elements of a film come together to make a masterpiece would be welcome. 

#119 Hemlock

Hemlock

Xia♥Lock

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,099 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:35 PM

Thanks, I'll have a look into these movies.

It doesn't have to be artsy, but most of the J-Movies that I've watched generally fit the teen angst/love story feel like that's all their film industry seems to offer. Even something in a modern day setting but where all the elements of a film come together to make a masterpiece would be welcome. 

Outside of the idol-y and young adult type movies there's a lot of crime movies or the weirder or surreal type movies. Those are enjoyable but i wouldn't call them masterpieces. You could check out some of the slice of life drama type movies i guess like Umimachi Diary and Like Father Like Son. Probably don't fit what you're looking for though.

Since you named some chinese movies though, i highly recommend watching the two Red Cliff movies and In The Mood For Love. They are regarded as some of the best chinese movies and are some of my favorite. The Grandmasters might be up there too. 

#120 dokidoki™

dokidoki™

ニャンニャン★

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,788 posts
  • Location↑`(^▼^)´↑

Posted 15 January 2017 - 11:04 PM

didn't know this awesome thread existed, going to follow!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jdrama

Up, Up and Away!