Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Hemlock

The Japanese Dorama & Movie Thread

Since it's a general thread, I'll just post something here lol.

Loving NigeHaji so far. The leads are cute together and the chemistry is good. So far, this is the only dorama with an upward in ratings for 3 consecutive episodes.

Btw, has anyone here watched Mother, a dorama from 2010? Really good, really sad, really excellent acting. It pretty much launched the career of Ashida Mana and landed her first lead role afterwards. If you've watched Mother, you'll know that there's a reason why Mana-chan is a 'crying princess'. The reason I mentioned this though is because Korea will be remaking Mother next year with Lee Bo Young taking on Matsuyuki Yasuko's role.

• Like 1

So far, NigeHaji is the only dorama with upward ratings after 4 episodes.

I'm watching Yorozu Uranaidokoro Onmyouya e Youkoso and god, how can Ryo be so exquisitely handsome? :ahmagah: :raep:

It's pretty funny too. :)

anyone's watching Cain to Abel? its a Getsu9 but no one seems talking about it. it's quite good imo.

Maybe because it's a flop.

NigeHaji keeps delivering.

Jimi ni sugoi is fun, but idk... I feel like something is missing script-wise.

Meanwhile I'm on a Nishikido Ryo marathon. <3

I hope you've watched Gomen ne Seishun. XD

I wonder what made Yamaken the go-to person for live actions because he's pretty much in almost every single live actions these days. The only one he wasn't in is Chihayafuru.

I'm curious as to whether he can pull off Oreki's characterization well.

I'm sooo glad he's not in Chihayafuru! And he's not in another shoujo romance hit (Kurosaki-kun) as well. Interestingly, while his movies perform decently at the box-office, they're not really big hits.

Oh, it works! Thanks a lot! :ahmagah:

Edit: bit it's only ep. 4. :derp:

Have you checked on the site?

NigeHaji fever is still going up in Japan. It even trended worldwide at the top spot last week!

Blitzed my way through the first 8 episodes of nodame cantabile. I love the character development and the pace of the story also allows me to appreciate more classical pieces of music.

Don't forget the specials/movies too.

• Like 1

I keep breaking my promise to myself and keep starting random ones every other week. I haven't followed jdramas long enough to work out if this is an unusually weak season or not.

Yeah this season is a bit weak. Rakuen and Quartet are worth checking out though, and for some reason I also like A LIFE, it's not as 'makjang' as people might have perceived initially. It does give you a bit of nostalgic 90s-2000s doramas though.

Edited by whitedove

Currently watching Seirei no Moribito season 2. Ayase Haruka makes such a good warrior/fighter. Her fight scenes have no awkwardness or hesitancy at all.

Kinkyu Torishirabeshitsu season 2 starring Amami Yuki and a slew of veteran casts premiered to 17.9% in ratings last night. This will most likely be the big hit this season.

You guys can find season 1 with subs at D-Addicts or the renowned streaming sites if you want to check it out.

Edited by whitedove

Just finished Onna wa Sore o Yurusanai and I enjoyed it but I have to say I've only seen Fukada Kyoko in 2 dramas and atm she seems a bit 1 dimensional with her acting. 

Edit: OMG theres going to be a Hirugao movie set 3 years later. Hirugao I think was my first J-drama and I loved it. 

I first saw her in God Please Give Me More Time with Kaneshiro Takeshi. She was so young back then and definitely not one-dimensional. She got typecasted a lot after that though, probably to break through that super sad melodramatic role.

Edited by whitedove

Sign in to follow this