Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Hemlock

The Japanese Dorama & Movie Thread

The Japanese Dorama & Movie Thread

A general thread to talk about Japanese dramas and movies.

For people who want to spazz about what they're watching but don't want to make a thread because they're too shy or lazy~

q0OU4Zal.jpg?1

Our official mascot is Gakky <3 This is not up for debate!

News Sources

JDoramaID

Unleashthegeek

Doramaworld

Jdrama Schedule

Fall 2016 (Current Season)

Softsubs

D-addicts Fansub Map (2016)

MyDramaList Lists

If you want to share your lists I'll add them all here

Let's see how this goes~ If it flops it flops :O

We can start by saying what we are planning to watch this season i guess.

The ones I'm currently watching or planning to watch are NigeHaji, Jimi ni Sugoi, and Yuusha Yoshihiko 3.

• Like 6

oh, interesting, i'll stick around

need to finish 1 liter of tears, but I'm so busy with school, just need like 2 more episodes :/

Thank you for making this thread! I've been watching J-movies and dramas nonstop these past few days/weeks. I will spazz here!  :ahmagah:

oh, interesting, i'll stick around

need to finish 1 liter of tears, but I'm so busy with school, just need like 2 more episodes :/

You should probably wait until the weekend or have a day off school to watch it because you might be emotionally broken for a while T__T

I'm watching Jimi ni Sugoi and Nigeru wa Haji da ga Yaku ni Tatsu this season. Both are fun.

I checked out Kuroi 10-nin no OnnaSuna no TouCareer and Sennyuu Sousa Idol Deka Dance. Didn't like them.

Planning to try watching Chef and Sniffer.

Edited by wiaraewiwiarae

I've always wanted a thread like this since not so many people on OH seem to watch j-dramas so less likely to be watching the same thing and not having an outlet to describe my thoughts.

I'm a bit conflicted about doctor x season 4. I'm not sure if I should start watching it now, or wait until its finished and fully subed. 

Thank you for making this thread! I've been watching J-movies and dramas nonstop these past few days/weeks. I will spazz here!  :ahmagah:

I've always wanted a thread like this since not so many people on OH seem to watch j-dramas so less likely to be watching the same thing and not having an outlet to describe my thoughts.

I'm a bit conflicted about doctor x season 4. I'm not sure if I should start watching it now, or wait until its finished and fully subed. 

No problem~ 

Yea i've thought about making this thread for like 2 years but never did lol. Official threads for jdramas aren't really a thing on this forum so a general one seemed like a good idea. 

I'll wait to see how it goes and then i'll ask a mod if the thread could be stickied/pinned. 

No problem~ 

Yea i've thought about making this thread for like 2 years but never did lol. Official threads for jdramas aren't really a thing on this forum so a general one seemed like a good idea. 

I'll wait to see how it goes and then i'll ask a mod if the thread could be stickied/pinned. 

I sometimes want the same thing for korean dramas that don't get all the hype that others get. 

Will this thread give recommendations too? Coz I need one of the recent jdrama to watch

You should probably wait until the weekend or have a day off school to watch it because you might be emotionally broken for a while T__T

haha yeah i know ._.

Fall dramas that I'm watching:
Cold Case
Hippocrates no Chikai
Lady Davinci
Career (just for Tamaki Hiroshi)
Kuroi 10-nin no Onna
Doctor-X (repetitive but the fact that Daimon still kicks some arse feels good)
Suna no Tou (just for both Matsushima Nanako and Kanno Miho but if it gets ruined by an affair between Kanno and that young guy, I might drop. Nanako's stalker/mysterious character is good)

Might continue or drop in the long run:

Chef
Jimi ni Sugoi (only interested in the proofreading, Satomi and Aoki Munetaka's scenes. Honda Tsubasa needs to work on her acting. Putting her and Satomi together in a scene makes her look really bad. Also, I think I'll be forever impressed by Satomi's bullet train/machine gun mouth, talking nonstop :happy: )
Nigeru wa Haji (first episode so-so but looking forward to 2nd and hopefully it picks up)

Romantic comedy has never really been my cup of tea ^^;;

Disappointed with pilot:
IQ246 (Oda Yuji's accent bothers me a lot and Tao Tsuchiya's role is questionable to the point of her being wasted and relegated for comic relief)
The Sniffer (love both Abe Hiroshi and Teruyuki Kagawa but the tone of the drama reminds me of IQ246. I'd like it more if they tone down the comedy)

Interested to watch:
Kaseifu no Mitazono (browsed the first episode and it looks funny)

Watching Nigeru and love it, I love the undertone of it,

Jimi Ni Sugoi left me with wanting satomi and suda scene all day.. I like their chemistry but Honda seems out of place

I'm watching Jimi ni Sugoi and Nigeru wa Haji da ga Yaku ni Tatsu this season. Both are fun.

I checked out Kuroi 10-nin no OnnaSuna no TouCareer and Sennyuu Sousa Idol Deka Dance. Didn't like them.

Where are you watching Jimi ni Sugoi? I tried looking for sites to watch it on, but most of the ones I've looked at (Dramacool, Dramanice, Gogodrama, Kdramasubs) had horrible subs timing. Like the subs wouldn't appear until like several seconds after the characters finished speaking. 

Since it's a general thread, I'll just post something here lol.

Loving NigeHaji so far. The leads are cute together and the chemistry is good. So far, this is the only dorama with an upward in ratings for 3 consecutive episodes.

Btw, has anyone here watched Mother, a dorama from 2010? Really good, really sad, really excellent acting. It pretty much launched the career of Ashida Mana and landed her first lead role afterwards. If you've watched Mother, you'll know that there's a reason why Mana-chan is a 'crying princess'. The reason I mentioned this though is because Korea will be remaking Mother next year with Lee Bo Young taking on Matsuyuki Yasuko's role.

• Like 1

Where are you watching Jimi ni Sugoi? I tried looking for sites to watch it on, but most of the ones I've looked at (Dramacool, Dramanice, Gogodrama, Kdramasubs) had horrible subs timing. Like the subs wouldn't appear until like several seconds after the characters finished speaking. 

You're either gonna have to wait until the streaming sites reupload with it fixed or download raws and softsubs that are correctly synced. I was gonna watch it today but i had the same problem so i had to dl it. Haven't watched it yet though so i might still have to resync the subs myself like i did with NigeHaji. 

Loving NigeHaji so far. The leads are cute together and the chemistry is good. So far, this is the only dorama with an upward in ratings for 3 consecutive episodes.

Btw, has anyone here watched Mother, a dorama from 2010? Really good, really sad, really excellent acting. It pretty much launched the career of Ashida Mana and landed her first lead role afterwards. If you've watched Mother, you'll know that there's a reason why Mana-chan is a 'crying princess'. The reason I mentioned this though is because Korea will be remaking Mother next year with Lee Bo Young taking on Matsuyuki Yasuko's role.

Mother is my favorite jdrama and Mana is amazing in it. My favorite child actor performance in an asian drama used to be the little girl in the kdrama Thank You but damn Mother and Mana were amazing. When she explains the reason behind the mailbox T__T

Oh god they're remaking it OTL. So now there will be a korean remake of my favorite taiwanese drama, chinese drama, and japanese drama. Haven't heard good things about the remakes so i don't have hopes for Mother's. 

Edited by Hemlock

I watch on dramanice, but I don't really need subs. Sorry.

I watched Ichi last night. What a disappointment really...I thought Tomo was going to really fight but... :._.:

wow thanks for making this thread!

i was planning on checking out kuroi10 and suna no tou, what exactly did you not like about them and how far did you get?

currently im only watching higanbana. it's not the most well-written/acted drama but it hits all my sweet spots (mystery/crime + female ensemble + supernatural) so i love it

this mother you guys are talking about, i lowkey want to watch it.

Edited by noon

i was planning on checking out kuroi10 and suna no tou, what exactly did you not like about them and how far did you get?

1-2 episodes. Both are just not my thing. A matter of personal taste.

Suna no Tou is probably good, i just don't care much about the theme that they're exploring. Kuroi10 is for a very specific audience, you either like the style, or not. 

Finally watched the first ep of Jimi ni Sugoi. Yep i had to resync the subs 2/3 of the way through after a cut to commercials. Liked the first ep though. I've seen a lot of people say how shit Honda Tsubasa's acting is but i don't think she's that bad. She's usually decent enough. There are other bigger named actors that are her level or worse. I think she's cute and could be biased though~  :)

Also watched the second ep of NigeHaji today. The subs were actually synced :O

wow thanks for making this thread!

currently im only watching higanbana. it's not the most well-written/acted drama but it hits all my sweet spots (mystery/crime + female ensemble + supernatural) so i love it

this mother you guys are talking about, i lowkey want to watch it.

You should! It's very sad though. So don't watch it if you don't want to cry. 

Mother is really an outstanding dorama.i remember that i had to take a break from watching in the middle because i cried too much lol :lol: