Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Pyo Hyemi

Who do you think is a lesbian in kpop?

Singing in the rain says hellooo ... lol but yes, I wasn't expecting such gay mv omg we are BLESSED!!!

Eclipse outsold sorry girls

• Like 2

That Cat MV makes me feel... A couple of ways.  I'm definitely overthinking things here, be warned.  It feels like lesbian-themed MVs are turning into the new hotness, it feels like kpop has finally noticed that there's a lot of gay female fans and companies are starting to cater to them (well, more companies, RBW definitely already was).  Was it Gashina doing so well among ladies that they finally noticed?  Was it just market research?  No idea.  But it definitely feels like we got a wave of "gay-but-not-too-gay" MVs this year, but ones which are more about the cuteness of girl crushes than really like exploring any kind of queer perspective.

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but like look at the Cat MV, which has the girls kissing in the preview image as clickbait, but the MV itself doesn't do anything to imply that them being together is anything more than friendship.  And the song itself is more of a general "I like you but if you break off with me I'm fine anyway" empowerment song than anything about an actual developing romance.

Not saying this to be a hater, I just think it's interesting, and I do think this kind of low-level gay hints are still a lot better than nothing...  But I'm also just kind of bored with cute hints of same-sex love which don't actually push boundaries, which always gives them room to go "oh no no no, nothing gay here, just female friendship!"

...That being said, yet another queer-ish MV with IU.  I do legit think that girl's gay.

kissing??

anyway, I see what you mean and agree. If we don't match the song with the video there could be people who wouldn't even notice it. But I don't think they're going to go from nothing to a very in your face thingy. I mean, it wouldn't even fit the vibe of the song.

We do have some (almost none) in your face type of mvs like Sistar's One More Day tho 

Actually that's weird, did they change the preview image?  The cat MV initially had a picture that looked like they were about to kiss, but their lips were covered by the play button in the middle.  Now it's just them sitting at the table.  Did they change it?  Am I just imagining things??

weird.

Actually that's weird, did they change the preview image?  The cat MV initially had a picture that looked like they were about to kiss, but their lips were covered by the play button in the middle.  Now it's just them sitting at the table.  Did they change it?  Am I just imagining things??

weird.

No you're not going crazy. I saw it too.

Just for science:

Korrasami or Bubbline?

What is Bubbline?

Just for science:

Korrasami or Bubbline?

both.png

• Like 7

Just for science:

Korrasami or Bubbline?

both !

What is Bubbline?

a super cute couple on adventure time consisting of a bubble gum princess and a vampire queen.

tumblr_inline_p0sfrvclQL1qmn9qh_540.jpg

Just for science:

Korrasami or Bubbline?

Korrasami because i lived through that in real time and I still can't believe they really had them ditch the annoying dude and date each other, like... it was all I wanted lol

But then also Moonsun were lowkey cosplaying Bubbline during Purple era and it gave me a lot of feelings and emotions that I did not need, how rude.

• Like 10
  • Dislike 1

Just for science:

Korrasami or Bubbline?

bubbline was what got me thru middle/high school but korrasami is That Good Shit

both are iconic but bubbline probably is more my thing, i loveeee atla more than anything but korra took a bit longer to catch on for me (not that i ever watched adventure time at all lol, the only eps i've seen are the bubbline ones)

anyway i'm through and through a sailor moon gay. who wants to discuss sailor lesbians bc hmu

Edited by swimgood

bubbline was what got me thru middle/high school but korrasami is That Good Shit

both are iconic but bubbline probably is more my thing, i loveeee atla more than anything but korra took a bit longer to catch on for me (not that i ever watched adventure time at all lol, the only eps i've seen are the bubbline ones)

anyway i'm through and through a sailor moon gay. who wants to discuss sailor lesbians bc hmuyw

MEEEEE reinako was life 

Ok, this is very off topic, but y'all can't just start talking about cartoon lesbians and then not mention Steven Universe and all his lesbian moms.

• Like 5

PLS did u ever watch the live action abfnkd HAROLD....

YES OMG i swear they were canon!

Ok, this is very off topic, but y'all can't just start talking about cartoon lesbians and then not mention Steven Universe and all his lesbian moms.

I wanted to mention SU too hjfksdçd 

Steven is like the luckiest kid in the world he has like the most powerful gay moms in the world I'm jealous of him 

• Like 1

Just look at Chaeyoung patting Jeongyeon down here... 0u0plz.png I'm so glad they both looked like this at the same time last year.

Have some more No Jam Bros from this heavenly era to brighten your day or night or whatever.

tumblr_ol8fyaG6PD1tcx3oao6_400.giftumblr_ol8fyaG6PD1tcx3oao3_400.gif

tumblr_ol8fyaG6PD1tcx3oao2_400.giftumblr_ol8fyaG6PD1tcx3oao5_400.gif

And Chaeyoung's in that era was just... deepstareplz.png I love these two so much, I want to hug them and hold them in my arms and pat their hair like JY does to CY. 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CrMwf46VIAAO8do.jpg

Thankyou for not giving a fck about certain SK 'beauty standards' and cutting your hair all off whenever you want. You do you girlies.

Edited by PeachyPeach
  • Like 7

Speaking of cartoon gays, am I the only one who had a major crush on Michiru (sailor Neptune)?

I mean: she was beautiful, rich, had a cool gf, intelligente, poised and fine af. My 8 yo self went crazy with that gay stuffâ„¢

• Like 3