Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
HimawariAmu

[Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever

Which universe you prefer?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Solar's universe you prefer?

• Princess
    • Boxer
    • Rockstar
  2. 2. Moonbyul's universe you prefer?

• Music video director
    • Choreographer
    • Entertainment CEO
  3. 3. Whee in's universe you prefer?

• Environmentalist
    • Painter
    • Indie artist
  4. 4. Hwasa's universe you prefer?

• Mother
    • Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

I don't care if they do it solo or with Gfriend... I'm happy they get to do something on TV. I stan Mamamoo for their musicality first, their characters second and everything else is just a bonus  :lol:

I don't care if they do it solo or with Gfriend... I'm happy they get to do something on TV. I stan Mamamoo for their musicality first, their characters second and everything else is just a bonus :lol:

Same. I just wanna see them having fun. :D

i think RBW signed a new artist. either Monday Kiz the band or just the lead singer Lee Jinsung signed an exclusive contract with RBW.

Mamamoo speaking Japanese.

Solar is probably like 'yess, finally my lessons have paid off'

I love when solar speaks Japanese ^_____^ its like when wheein speaks English. amazeballs!

I haven't posted here in 5ever, Hi

I just want to say something regarding showtime,

For the people saying it'll be toned down just because gfriend has an "innocent" concept, If you've watched ANY gfriend videos you will see they are just as turned up as Mamamoo when together. Just because a group has a specific concept, doesn't mean they HAVE  to follow that concept 24/7.

ok bye

Edited by RookieStalker
  • Like 7

For the people saying it'll be toned down just because gfriend has an "innocent" concept, If you've watched ANY gfriend videos you will see they are just as turned up as Mamamoo when together. Just because a group has a specific concept, doesn't mean they HAVE  to follow that concept 24/7.

ok bye

...pretty sure toned down we mean the adult stuff. not being hyper or beagley. or at least thats what i meant.

Edited by tastypasties

...pretty sure toned down we mean the adult stuff. not being hyper or beagley. or at least thats what i meant.

So lets say Mamamoo got showtime to themselves,

What adult stuff would you expect Mamamoo to do on a tv show exactly other than drink? bc im blanking

• Like 2

ok bye

Truth

GFriend can be crazy too, and it's not like Mamamoo is getting put on a show with ten-year olds. GFriend may be younger than Mamamoo, but they're not so young that our girls can't be themselves. My main concern with the show isn't that I think Mamamoo won't be able to be themselves, but more that depending on the format of the show, a Mamamoo member may end up overshadowed by the rest of them just because there are a lot of people, and, depending on viewer response, GFriend could potentially get much more screen time. 

I think that we should be celebrating Showtime nonetheless, or at least until we learn more about it. If we see the first couple of episodes and they're not themselves or they have no screentime, then we can be upset, but until then let's be happy that they're getting a show and that some Buddies who haven't gotten much exposure to Mamamoo will possibly fall for them like we have. 

ok bye

when we say adult we mean suggestive and the outright perv stuff they do - we are not talking freaking stripping down and getting nekkid or anything like that. but hwasa and solar if you wanna do that I wont deny you

I think perhaps youre being a bit sensitive. no-one is denying gfriend's variety sense and how entertaining they are, it's just some of us were anticipating that certain mamamoo style solo.

ok bye (?)

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Shamelessly promoting Hwasa's birthday fund again - see the gofundme link for details https://www.gofundme.com/29fqhac

hoping to do something like this for all members on their birthday

thanks to all that have donated already!

^ well that and we dont even know how this show is gonna work. im guessing their side will focus on their comeback and mmm on their concert. who knows how the "daily lives" thing is gonna fit in. but i think im safe to assume mmm has a bit more freedom in their extra circular activities is all

I will not get in the way of MooMoos who want to express their dissatisfaction that Mamamoo isn't getting Showtime all to themselves. You have every right to voice disappointment, so you won't see me raising a fuss about that.

I just don't think it's a big deal in the context of the fact Mamamoo is invited to Showtime at all. I had Showtime on my list for them to achieve way back when I Miss You first dropped, but I would've given it a 30% probability at best.

Look, in the beginning, it was MamaVelvetFriend. We know all about MamaVelvet, but now we can see MamaFriend or YeoMaChinMoo finally solidified in ways we just don't see happen anymore for idol groups. 

And the concerns about GFriend being too low key are misplaced. If I had to list the most hype, mood-making next gen girl groups, first would be Mamamoo and GFriend would literally be right behind them. Those girls are just as crazy as Mamamoo. 

I'm really looking forward to Mamamoo embracing GFriend as sort of their "little sisters" kind of how they've done in the past and it will be a great way to bring the fandoms even closer together.

By the time this is all done, MamaVelvetFriend and their fans may be the closest knit groups and fandoms of this next generation. I really look forward to that given how ugly and contentious things are elsewhere  :dave:

Okay, I'm turning off my YamaRant mode. Carry on!

Edited by YamaChan
  • Like 9

Lets not make assumptions. We don't even know how Showtime will be formatted this time around. There's no point getting wound up about things that might not even happen.

• Like 3

As much as I'm siding with Kayden on this, I'm going to compromise. I'll be 100% okay with this format if the setup allows for MMM and gfriend to film seperatly and air them together and have some getting together. But, other than that, I think I'll be a bit upset. But, I still appreciate this and will love it anyways.

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1

For all we know Showtime wanted to try something new or create buzz by bringing two popular groups together so idg people thinking there's some sort of disrespect :/

I personally never expected them to get Showtime now so I'm super excited and think this a great opportunity.

also--- does anybody think gfriend and mamamoo had that v app bc of this lol?? We all know mmm love spoilers

Edited by oopahh
  • Like 1

can someone point me to a post where the word disrespect was used at any point regarding the news of the variety being announced? disappointment at it not being a solo variety is all that has been said.

...these twists doe.

is it possible they woulda known about the variety at the time of the v-app? if so that would account for some of the nervousness that was tangible in them... maybe scared they'd give out spoilers lol

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

can someone point me to a post where the word disrespect was used at any point regarding the news of the variety being announced? disappointment at it not being a solo variety is all that has been said.

...these twists doe.

is it possible they woulda known about the variety at the time of the v-app? if so that would account for some of the nervousness that was tangible in them... maybe scared they'd give out spoilers lol

I was the one who used disrespect and since I didn't put it in quotations I didn't intend for people to think I was quoting something but if you read the previous posts there's a clear undercurrent of "Mamamoo" is being underestimated by the industry despite their accomplishments. Otherwise why would there be folks implying that this decision was made because somehow Mamamoo couldn't carry the show themselves? (Who knows, maybe Mamamoo was the group added on as a boost. It could be anything really but people were assuming the worst)

I was the one who used disrespect and since I didn't put it in quotations I didn't intend for people to think I was quoting something but if you read the previous posts there's a clear undercurrent of "Mamamoo" is being underestimated by the industry despite their accomplishments. Otherwise why would there be folks implying that this decision was made because somehow Mamamoo couldn't carry the show themselves? (Who knows, maybe Mamamoo was the group added on as a boost. It could be anything really but people were assuming the worst)

ah I see, that makes more sense.

I think we are all happy they are getting showtime but some of us just have

mixed feelings. I am still wondering the reason why there are 2 groups - more

than likely its solely a business decision (two popular groups with a very loyal

fanbase and growing every day).

I think some of us feel that GF got a premium variety already (one fine day

is pretty well known) and like most groups were hoping for a solo one. It

doesn't mean I won't watch it or won't enjoy it (I stan SinB so thats a given)

but a part of me feels that while they are both very entertaining and good at

variety the tone of the show may have to come to a compromise in terms of

screentime etc (however if showtime wants ten eps of each for an epic 20 eps

show I would be more than okay with that).

I didn't mean to be a Debbie Downer but it was just the expectation of a solo variety was great (like EXID etc)

Cheer up and laugh

Edited by vanbun
  • Like 5

Cheer up and laugh

that salsa dancing tho lol they are adorable

• Like 1

what do you guys think the chances are of them putting out a single (non-promoted) before the concert? maybe to kinda ramp up a bit more hype for it like lots of artists do.

Ladies and gentlemen....we really do stan the right group....

• Like 4