Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
HimawariAmu

[Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever

Which universe you prefer?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Solar's universe you prefer?

• Princess
    • Boxer
    • Rockstar
  2. 2. Moonbyul's universe you prefer?

• Music video director
    • Choreographer
    • Entertainment CEO
  3. 3. Whee in's universe you prefer?

• Environmentalist
    • Painter
    • Indie artist
  4. 4. Hwasa's universe you prefer?

• Mother
    • Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

Wheein did a goodjob on the collaboration i was expected heechul and wheein on a mv

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Honestly I couldn't really get into this song. The beginning was nice and mellow, but by the end you couldn't really hear either of their voices. But her high note was good, and I liked the vibe it had at the beginning. To me the guitar part didn't really fit in (but maybe it seemed nice in theory) and was way too loud. 

Yes to all of this, although I wasn't all that impressed with the high note. It's a note that any professional soprano should be able to hit. Notes like that don't show up in pop music much, because there's no need for them, but in classical music they're common (not even talking about opera either). I'd rather have great tone and vocalization and color throughout the entire song and no super high note, than get what we got and have a high note. 

As for high notes, Pentatonix dropped their Jason Derulo collab today, and that dude can hit the high notes:

At 1:15, then at 2:24 as it starts to build and then 2:37 and 2:44 where Jason Derulo knocks it out of the park.. 

This sounded better than I thought at first glance.

As for the SM Station track, I think people have to remember that it's not just a duet between Heechul and Wheein, but Jungmo who is a guitarist is also part of the track. Someone on twitter mentioned that they probably raised the volume on the instrumental because of that as a joke, but I actually kinda subscribe to that theory. Even still, I definitely think they could have mixed this a lot better, clearly this wasn't done at RBW. But I actually like the song a lot, and I bet a lot of people's minds would change if they heard it performed live like Hwasa and Kisum did with their collaboration. 

Honestly I couldn't really get into this song. The beginning was nice and mellow, but by the end you couldn't really hear either of their voices. But her high note was good, and I liked the vibe it had at the beginning. To me the guitar part didn't really fit in (but maybe it seemed nice in theory) and was way too loud.

This sounded better than I thought at first glance.

As for the SM Station track, I think people have to remember that it's not just a duet between Heechul and Wheein, but Jungmo who is a guitarist is also part of the track. Someone on twitter mentioned that they probably raised the volume on the instrumental because of that as a joke, but I actually kinda subscribe to that theory. Even still, I definitely think they could have mixed this a lot better, clearly this wasn't done at RBW. But I actually like the song a lot, and I bet a lot of people's minds would change if they heard it performed live like Hwasa and Kisum did with their collaboration.

Moomoos don't go too critical. Just the fact that Mamamoo been invited to work with SM is already a feat by itself. I mean, it's SM, you know, THE top of Kpop. I'm expecting more collab coming.

BTW, seeing the poll on top... Hwasa like having least fans here. Why? :cry:

Fan-fucking-tastic song! Love the guitar and shit.

Come on now! It's great to listen to Wheein in a different genre, exploring different styles. It's necessary to an artist, in order to grow and mature.

IMO, It was a "meh" song until the solo kicked in. The mix between guitar and violins made this song reach a high level of epicness towards the end. Thumbs up for Wheein and company. Didn't expect that  :)

• Like 5

As an explanation to the ridiculous volume of the instrumental, Jungmo composed and arranged this so I suppose he was a little overzealous with his own part.

• Like 2

The new Gaon update is out and Mamamoo LG G5 OST is no. 5 in the download chart with 111,845 downloads.  :) Not bad for an OST. Hope it reaches the numbers of Girl Crush before it charted out.

• Like 2

Moomoos don't go too critical. Just the fact that Mamamoo been invited to work with SM is already a feat by itself. I mean, it's SM, you know, THE top of Kpop. I'm expecting more collab coming.

BTW, seeing the poll on top... Hwasa like having least fans here. Why? :cry:

In my opinion Mamamoo attracts a lot of people with music background (instrument players, singers, sound techs, etc...), at least that's what I noticed here and on reddit, and that's one of the reasons you get some pretty big walls of text or more in-depth analysis about their music/performances.  :lol:​  

I think that Moomoos in general are not too critical, but it's just that moomoos are, let's say, a little more demanding I think. When you get conditioned to the quality/sound of what RBW/Mamamoo produce, it's hard to not notice when a song is lacking something. That doesn't mean this song (or any other non-RBW collabo) isn't good, it's just that moomoos tend to have a more "specific taste" and analyze things a little bit more in detail I noticed, so that's why we may sound like that.

Edited by bergomi1
  • Like 6

yeah the guitar part is there for a reason and i believe live version would do the song justice. but i understand that everyone has their own opinion.

Found these, thought you guys might want to check this out.

oh wow it sounds like a powerful ballad without the instrumental and the adlib version is great too, i can get to hear Wheein's high notes more clearly. 

• Like 1

In my opinion Mamamoo attracts a lot of people with music background (instrument players, singers, sound techs, etc...), at least that's what I noticed here and on reddit, and that's one of the reasons you get some pretty big walls of text or more in-depth analysis about their music/performances.  :lol:​  

I think that Moomoos in general are not too critical, but it's just that moomoos are, let's say, a little more demanding I think. When you get conditioned to the quality/sound of what RBW/Mamamoo produce, it's hard to not notice when a song is lacking something. That doesn't mean this song (or any other non-RBW collabo) isn't good, it's just that moomoos tend to have a more "specific taste" and analyze things a little bit more in detail I noticed, so that's why we may sound like that.

Agree with this.

There's nothing wrong exploring to different genre, I found the song is pleasant but the only downfall of it is the issue with mixing and mastering of audio track. The instruments were too loud (some people argue that the song is rock so its supposed to be loud- but mind you AC/DC's vocalist never get drowned by their own instrument), Wheein's voice volume was edited too low or compressed too much in the song that sometimes she completely fade into background. There seems to be some issue in compression during mastering process that results in unbalanced parts.

I had feeling that RBW emphasized more in sound quality of their songs which is why I love tracks produced by them. When i listen to music I tend to dissect every different layer of the song. RBW might be stingy in printing the album but they spent a lot in producing a good quality track. All tracks in Melting was mastered by Chris Gehringer in famous Sterling Sound studio and hiring him must have cost a lot of money. He mastered songs in Jason Derulo, Drake, Lady Gaga and Rihanna's album and was a Grammy nominee for Album of the Year and Record of the Year (for audio mixing and mastering category) - well he did won a Latin Grammy award for his work in 2012.

so yeah.. i agree that maybe having some musical background and being used to listen to what RBW had produced somehow had affected our opinion to the song. Nevertheless, we are still happy that Wheein has this opportunity to do collaboration

• Like 3

Hello again fellow Moomoos.

Would it be better to buy physical or should I just buy from itunes.
I was about to buy from kpoptown but found that Pink Funky Mini Album was not available. I'm now deliberating of just buying all from itunes or still physically purchasing the albums.

Thank you, fellow Moomoos.

@Heechul, Wheein collab I agree that the instruments do drowned their voices. I was actually kinda disappointed halfway through it since i want to hear more of their voices but in the end the guitar is too loud specially i think the second half of the song, towards the ending, I almost did not hear Wheein's High note.

Edited by kaisaki

Hello again fellow Moomoos.

Would it be better to buy physical or should I just buy from itunes.

I was about to buy from kpoptown but found that Pink Funky Mini Album was not available. I'm now deliberating of just buying all from itunes or still physically purchasing the albums.

Thank you, fellow Moomoos.

@Heechul, Wheein collab I agree that the instruments do drowned their voices. I was actually kinda disappointed halfway through it since i want to hear more of their voices but in the end the guitar is too loud specially i think the second half of the song, towards the ending, I almost did not hear Wheein's High note.

i really want to buy their album physically but kpop album in my country is expensive, so i ended buying their songs on itunes. you can buy the pinky funky from itunes but the others physically if you want :smile:

i really want to buy their album physically but kpop album in my country is expensive, so i ended buying their songs on itunes. you can buy the pinky funky from itunes but the others physically if you want :smile:

Thanks.

I think I'll just do it that way. I'm kinda sad though to not get Pink Funky physical since I like Pink Funky a lot because "freaking shoes". 

Meanwhile - I'm backreading this thread. How come I have only known Mamamoo this year.

Edited by kaisaki

Thanks.

I think I'll just do it that way. I'm kinda sad though to not get Pink Funky physical since I like Pink Funky a lot because "freaking shoes".

Meanwhile - I'm backreading this thread. How come I have only known Mamamoo this year.

It's fine if you found them this year! Just glad you found them (:

Thanks.

you're welcome. me too, i know their ost song (love lane) but regret not digging them deep.

It's fine if you found them this year! Just glad you found them (:

for me they're too precious to be missed :rlytearpls:

moonbyul's rap with 4 walls tho... it's lit

krystal and moonbyul must be fated 1.0

Just like a good disciple, I agree with my senpai 100%.

Forgive me if I sounded too critical, but that's what I do. I like criticizing because for me that's how I express my opinions towards my faves' music. When it's good, I'll say it. When it's not that good, I'll say it too. When it's bad, I'll explain why I dislike it. That's just how it goes with me.

And I wasn't saying that the song was entirely bad; I did say that I loved the intro, right? I love Wheein's voice too. But the production was a bit off, and I will speak my opinions about it because I feel that's what's lacking from the song. By criticizing positively, I hope that they will improve next time.

Finally purchased Melting and Hello, I just need to wait for it to arrive, also got Pink Funky from iTunes.

About time I do some more fanarts.

I want some of those badges, hoping 100post could come here sooner.

I'll be honest, I don't like this attitude. Fans should be able to offer honest criticisms & critiques of songs, MVs, concepts, or whatever else. As long as it's not derogatory or mean-spirited in any way, then honest criticism is good. When fandoms start saying things like "Don't criticize it", or "don't get too critical", you end up with a fandom that will attack other fandoms at the slightest hint of criticism (or perceived criticism). You don't have to love everything your favorite group does. You can even hate some of it. That's ok. It's ok to love some things about a particular song or album and hate other things about it too. 

Being able to critically analyze the things you love and point out flaws in those things is an important skill. Doesn't mean that you can't still say "Even though I recognize these flaws exist I still love it!". 

The sound production in this one was off the mark. That doesn't necessarily make the song bad, but we shouldn't avoid talking about it in some misguided sense of "Let's support Mamamoo". And yeah, part of it is being spoiled by RBW's great technicians and arrangers.

Agree with this.

There's nothing wrong exploring to different genre, I found the song is pleasant but the only downfall of it is the issue with mixing and mastering of audio track. The instruments were too loud (some people argue that the song is rock so its supposed to be loud- but mind you AC/DC's vocalist never get drowned by their own instrument), Wheein's voice volume was edited too low or compressed too much in the song that sometimes she completely fade into background. There seems to be some issue in compression during mastering process that results in unbalanced parts.

I had feeling that RBW emphasized more in sound quality of their songs which is why I love tracks produced by them. When i listen to music I tend to dissect every different layer of the song. RBW might be stingy in printing the album but they spent a lot in producing a good quality track. All tracks in Melting was mastered by Chris Gehringer in famous Sterling Sound studio and hiring him must have cost a lot of money. He mastered songs in Jason Derulo, Drake, Lady Gaga and Rihanna's album and was a Grammy nominee for Album of the Year and Record of the Year (for audio mixing and mastering category) - well he did won a Latin Grammy award for his work in 2012.

so yeah.. i agree that maybe having some musical background and being used to listen to what RBW had produced somehow had affected our opinion to the song. Nevertheless, we are still happy that Wheein has this opportunity to do collaboration

All of this too. I could probably come up with dozens of examples of well-produced rock songs where the instruments didn't drown out the vocalist and/or where you could tell who was singing what. 

You mention AC/DC. Bruce Springsteen is another one. Rolling Stones had terrible sound production in the 70s, but I half think that was deliberate (the vocals in Gimme Shelter are mixed so far back you can barely hear them). Hell, even groups like Metallica didn't drown out their vocalists with the guitar mixing.

• Like 6