• Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

Don't worry, actually you're right. The whole beat is heavily Dr.Dre style production influenced. Whoever made the beat, picked several composition ideas from different Dre songs and composed something new with the same samples. But these same samples Dre used in different beats he made for himself or Eminem are not his. Just to be clear, the samples and beat composition in The Real Slim Shady are not original Dr. Dre ideas and the same goes for the piano sample from Still DRE and so on (if you want I can list you the original sample sources).  :lol:

I am not worried, I just realized that Ive heard something very similar 100 years ago. And then I figured out it was an Eminem tune, lol.

• Replies 50.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cahbr

• MadameVastra

• YamaChan

• sparkilene

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mr.Ambiguous Piano Man Um Oh Ah Yeh (2) (3) You're the best (2) (3) Decalcomanie (2) (3) Yes I am (2) Starry night (2) Egotistic (2) Wind flower (2) gogobe

'TWIT(ë©ì²­ì´)' - Hwasa | Released: February 13, 2019     'Lie Ya' - Cosmic Girl feat. Solar | Released: October 13, 2018     'Selfish' - Moonbyul feat. Seulgi | Released: May 23,

I'm not going to bother with spoilers. Thread isn't bustling right now anyway.   The moral of the story remains everything in moderation.   As the radish field expands, there's really nothing we c

I actually don't really hope much for Moonbyul to sing high notes.

For me, if she sounds confident enough, that will be enough. I'm not putting too much expectations because she's good at rapping so she doesn't have to be perfect in singing. She's already perfect for me, haha.

Everyone knows that she has a nice voice - she just needs to work on her confidence more so she won't have to be nervous when singing. I believe once she is confident, she can sing freely and beautifully.

Also, I figure her voice is actually for the lower notes/on the lower register. So she can like be in charge of the alto voice. She can maybe belt a high note once in a while, but we already know that Solar is in charge of that. :)

Um you should have all the hope in the world, remember that high note battle?

/takes off joke hat, puts on serious hat.

Yeah, I agree with that. I actually like that her voice contrasts with the power voices of the other three. All belting all the time would get tiresome - which is why I'm glad for songs like Hometown.

Although belting out notes to rival Solar doesn't have to be rivalling her notes. She could just be loud af in a lower note.

I am not worried, I just realized that Ive heard something very similar 100 years ago. And then I figured out it was an Eminem tune, lol.

Well, I believe I've seen someone here saying (upon the release of Taller Than You) that the song really gives off strong Eminem vibes. I mean, yeah, I grew up listening to some of his materials and I kinda agree with that. When Taller That You was released and listened to it the first time, I was like, "SHIT DID THEY JUST COLLABORATE WITH EMINEM OR DR DRE OR SOMETHING???" Hahaha.

Um you should have all the hope in the world, remember that high note battle?

/takes off joke hat, puts on serious hat.

Yeah, I agree with that. I actually like that her voice contrasts with the power voices of the other three. All belting all the time would get tiresome - which is why I'm glad for songs like Hometown.

Although belting out notes to rival Solar doesn't have to be rivalling her notes. She could just be loud af in a lower note.

Yeah, she needs to be strong and loud and fierce and confident even though she sings lower note. Remember that Sugarman performance? When she sings... OH MY GOD How my world was rocked upside down! She already sounds good there. Just a little bit more confidence and she can slay.

• Like 1

Hey, 1st time posting on this thread :) their new songs are incredible and this last performance really convinced me to follow these girls, the mix between rap and Solar's incredible voice gave me goosebumps  :ahmagah:  

Welcome ! I feel you, this part also got me x)

Mamamoo sunbaes <3 

Today's Music Core performance:

I never expected to get into I Miss You, but it's so good! 

Also the energy in their YTB performances keeps getting better and better 

:rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:

fucking christ at these vocals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52WgRGEY_w0

kill me now

and then revive me so i can watch it again 

So good <3

Sorry for the double post, but as usual, can anyone from the Translation team here translate the recent IS2 performance? What is the title of the song? And can you also please include the Romaji (if you don't mind)?

By the way...

pCoJfGR.jpg

500k views in just ONE DAY?!

I think they can get 1 mil. in the next 2 days 

Once again, Mamamoo has met/exceeded my expectations. "Melting" is another solid release, with a melting pot of genres, (and YAY!) a full-length album! As always I'll be purchasing the physical and digital to support the girls.

3d-dj.gif

• Like 1

They weren't lying when said they were aiming first place this time. They got Hwasa's swerving and shit all over the competition... Girl straight up took her hands off the wheel and knocked AOA Cream and Brave Girls down the charts...

tumblr_o34aoqEc2F1uspm2ao6_400.giftumblr_o34aoqEc2F1uspm2ao1_400.gif

Minor damages to the other promoter's but the company statement said no fucks were given.

tumblr_o34aoqEc2F1uspm2ao4_400.gif

gif credit: creamorsuga

• Like 5

6K4wiWy.jpg

Not at Google being a sneaky little bitch... :dave:

Yassssss, I'm exposing Google, who is actually a MoonSun shipper as well! :imstupid: :derp:

Dear Google,

tumblr_nb7ql5Ft5u1rgcxpfo5_250.gif

:hurr:

0b6dc48529.jpg

bruh ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) remember my post regarding to moonsun fingernails gurl

Edited by Barack Oppama
  • Like 1

Yeah, according to MamamooTrans, but I've no idea how to navigate the fancafe nor do i know how to level up *sighs

I don't know if the fancafes layout has changed that much since sparkilene made this but you can use this to help navigate it

http://mamamoo-intl.tumblr.com/post/108693713697/quick-guide-navigating-mamamoos-fancafe

EDIT: Here's the section where you upload your designs.

http://m.cafe.daum.net/mamamoo/dez5?boardType=

Edited by Athena
  • Like 1

Tks! Only good singers challenge the Immortal Songs. And we know who's good!

One translation for the title, "Love Story of a Certain Teenage Girl." 1987.

original?

Davichi also sang it in 2013.

Edited by MomoRinEeya

Hello, I've been a fan since their debut and my bias is Moonbyul ♡

Hello! Welcome to the thread officially! Moonbyul is the ultimate girl crush isn't she?

tumblr_o34ackrvOi1t3s0v9o1_400.gif

I'm loving all the fanart coming out of this comeback. Great stuff. 

And Mamamoo is soaring up the Melon chart right now. We may see a roof hit today. Most impressively to me, they held on to the #1 spot even when Korea was asleep and the EXO fangirls were streaming Chen's song hard. Now I'm feeling very confident about their reign up top.

So what's up next for Mamamoo as we close Feb? Weekly Idol?

Edited by YamaChan
  • Like 2
  • Dislike 1

And Mamamoo is soaring up the Melon chart right now. We may see a rough hit today. Most impressively to me, they held on to the #1 spot even when Korea was asleep and the EXO fangirls were streaming Chen's song hard. Now I'm feeling very confident about their reign up top.

If I understand correctly, If Mamamoo keeps this going for the next 17 hours, they have chance for a PAK??? They are still #1 real time on Melon... I think the most important time will be the ending of Sunday and beginning of Monday. That's the time where MMM can go for it (or earlier if they keep going strong as they are doing)...

If I understand correctly, If Mamamoo keeps this going for the next 17 hours, they have chance for a PAK??? They are still #1 real time on Melon... I think the most important time will be the ending of Sunday and beginning of Monday. That's the time where MMM can go for it (or earlier if they keep going strong as they are doing)...

Yeah from what I understand this type of PAK is rare. Hopefully when the daily charts update in a couple of hours, they'll stay #1 until the Instiz weekly chart resets and when it does they'll automatically be #1 on the weekly chart giving them a PAK. We'll probably get a CAK in a couple of hours. Edited by Athena

guys.....i think YTB will hitting roof....

Hello! Welcome to the thread officially! Moonbyul is the ultimate girl crush isn't she?

tumblr_o34ackrvOi1t3s0v9o1_400.gif

I'm loving all the fanart coming out of this comeback. Great stuff. 

And Mamamoo is soaring up the Melon chart right now. We may see a rough hit today. Most impressively to me, they held on to the #1 spot even when Korea was asleep and the EXO fangirls were streaming Chen's song hard. Now I'm feeling very confident about their reign up top.

So what's up next for Mamamoo as we close Feb? Weekly Idol?

This wednesday Weekly Idol

Yeah from what I understand this type of PAK is rare. Hopefully when the daily charts update in a couple of hours, they'll stay #1 until the Instiz weekly chart resets and when it does they'll automatically be #1 on the weekly chart giving them a PAK. We'll probably get a CAK in a couple of hours.

Ohh... I'm really hopeful now!  :ahmagah:

BTW Mamamoo has 2 songs in the Melon top10 right now (I Miss You is on 10th place and it is it's 3rd week (or is it a month?) already?), and 4 are in the TOP50, and 7 in TOP100 - all of them are rising now that morning is starting in Korea (which is, as I read elsewhere, the busiest part of the day for charting) I'm not sure everyone (including myself) is actually getting it how impressive Mamamoo's performance is right now  :omg:

The digitals will probably be really impressive since 1cm, I Miss You and YBAE are charting so high at the same time.

Edited by bergomi1

Yeah, according to MamamooTrans, but I've no idea how to navigate the fancafe nor do i know how to level up *sighs

Shall just post this mini tutorial I did up here since multiple people have asked. Hope it helps!

How to level up in official fancafe

I will bracket the korean terms u have to clt-f for each requirement

There are two ways to level up, if you have bought the melting album, please do method a since it's much faster!

a) Quick level up(ê³ ì†ë“±ì—…)

If you look at the backside of your album, they'll be a silver sticker, which is your personal album code.

Write your nickname on a piece of paper and take a pic with the sticker and the paper with your nickname on.

Fill up the form as stated. In addition, you have to post 1 Greeting Message (in 가입ì¸ì‚¬ make sure at least 5 lines long)

If you don't have the melting album, please consider buying it since it's gold! If you really really can't due to financial constraints, here's method b

b)

1) 1 Greeting Message start a post in (가입ì¸ì‚¬ make sure at least 5 lines long), 5 Visiting Days-just visit the fancafe 5 days will do

2) 5 posts on the free message board for associate members/intl. MMs board- just start 5 topics in the Foreign MMs img_blank2.gifboard (aka the English board in the fancafe), make sure at least 5 lines long!

3) 20 Comments- just leave 20 comments in any posts in Foreign MMs  will do

4) 10 Daily Memos write in (한줄메모), make sure no 2 consec posts

5) 5 Attendance Checks write in (출ì„ì²´í¬)

Once you are done with all this, go to 등업신청img_blank2.gif

Fill up the level up form which includes these questions u need to answer for now (they may change the questions anytime):

1. Write down MMM members real names and birthdays

2. What is WheeIns habit that she mentioned during a radio show?

3. When Moonbyul made choreographies during her trainee years, she got inspired by two artists/singers. Who were they?

4. Choose 2 songs you like in the new ''Melting'' album and write three long sentences about the reason

The answers are easily found for all questions except question 2. I took 3 weeks to find the answer (Ended up finding it in the chinese baidu forum). Will give you the hint for question 2. The answer is found here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2KJGH1PZXw

Let me know if there are any other questions :)

Edited by funkycucumber
  • Like 2
  • HimawariAmu changed the title to [Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever