• Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

[ENG SUB] 151102 Mamamoo V APP: YongKong ByulKong “I Want to Know That Tasteâ€

V2UjYPB.jpg

WATCH HERE!

Yes! YES!

• Like 1

So...any chance Mamamoo will be attending the Mamas? Or performing? A moo can dream.

Let's hit page 700 tonight!

• Like 1

Question for the chart masters. How many weeks are we at with UOAY on the Melon top 100? Just curious.

Last question for the stat heads here. What's the longest a girl group song has charted this year?

I know Shake It has the most downloads, but it was released after UOAY and dropped out of the top 100 already (for the most part)

Have our girls set another mark this year?

What kind of show is Sugar Man? Will there be f(m)amamoo interactions?

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but from what we saw it's quite likely only Amber&Luna will be there, so Moonbyul will miss Krystal again  :._.:

254A514453EF682E18FEA3

Well it will still be fun to see two of my favorite groups interacting! Maybe next time Moonbyul!

So to spark some more conversation in here (not that i don't love all the awesome gif spams and that completely unexpected Mamamoo hands instagram--it's glorious), do you all have any expectations or hopes for Mamamoo in 2016? 

2015 was stellar, but I think 2016 could be even better. 

I don't want to seem too delusional or greedy, but I think they can start to knock on the door of the upper echelon of girl groups next year if they play their cards right.

But for now I'm hoping for a Melon debut at #1, their first music show win, a successful acting debut for Solar and some more variety show gigs for the rest of the girls, maybe in a recurring role. 

Would also like to see the Moo fandom bring their fancafe to top 5 in 2016.

I think it's safe to say a (hopefully full) album would come in early 2016. 

They'll be voyaging to the states again to attend SWSX 2016. I'm curious if any of you have any plans on attending that btw. If you can make it happen, I highly recommend it. No online video can compare to the in-person Mamamoo experience~

I can safely come out from the shadow coz' I missed discussion like this in MMM thread.

My hope for 2016 is sky high for Mamamoo, it's super anticipated comeback seeing the rise of fandom size and public recognition. This comeback will either be the a springboard that could elevate them further or the opposite may happen ( and I could picture if the latter happen ie disappointing comeback, all the haters gonna herd around us and mocking but whatever)

In other word, this next comeback is the one that determine everything. 

That's why I'm hoping that RBW could use the time wisely to do their best and put everything they got in this new album. I heard the comeback news,but I'm skeptical they're going to do it this year.December is just 2 weeks away, and it's full of competition & award season. January or early February is the best time. As for the concept, I have no idea where they're going to but seeing the response towards UOAY, it's plausible that RBW gonna head towards public friendly song a'la UOAY/Girl crush. But I will be happy with anything coz' they already have their own Mamamoo sound. 

Solar.. please do well in your drama ><. I think the broadcast is around the time when JTBC Sugarman broadcast also. If Solar could play the card right, she could be the next trend. She got everything. ( praying that she had no "Be normal" punchline )

In terms of concept, I mentioned it before but Solar stated on their most recent IS2 appearance that they still think they have too much of a mature image in the eyes of the public, so their upcoming concept will be even more fresh and in line with their ages.

I'm expecting something very upbeat and powerful. And I completely trust RBW and particularly KDH. He knows what he's doing and what songs match the girls the best. 

My biggest fear for 2016 would be Moonbyul getting invited to a third season of UR. She's way too kind and chill for that mess, but a lot of people want to see her on the show, including Jimin.

I was just thinking it would be awesome to see them on Running Man/Infinite Challenge next year! Any combination of the girls would be a hilarious addition to either show, but I hope all four could be invited so their beagle levels would be at maximum.

Speaking on UR, the only way I'd want to see any member on that tragedy is through a featuring with another rapper. But I'm worried Mnet might already be plotting, after Mamamoo featured for Basick's semi final. 

They would have to answer to the wrath of the Moo Legion if they invited Moonbyul to the show and gave her evil edits. 

Moving on, and the last wish I forgot about...I'd love to see a sub unit or two! And for Mamamoo to take on the hip hop concept they've all been thirsty to have for so long

mamamoo had a secret schedule today

151118 fancam

Finally the oasis to my desert has arrived. These days have been so dull without Mamamoo in my life

But now that there's life in the thread again, and following up on my earlier questions, what do you all expect from Mamamoo's title song and what style of music would you like them to tackle in their next (hopefully) big hit?

We know they're going young and fresh, but I think you can do that and still go retro at the same time, if it's handled well.

I personally want them to finally collab with Zico and get that upbeat hip hop inspired track they're all thirsty for.

• Like 1

Zico x Mamamoo would be good.  When they did that song with Basick at SMTM this year I saw the potential, they shine well with hip hop artists and the collab Zico did with Fx proves he can gel well with full groups.  At the very least one of the members should work with him.

I also want to see Mamamoo working with Taehyun from Winner or Jonghyun from Shinee both have these distinctive voices that would be a nice contrast with any of Mamamoo's vocals.  A collab I want as well is Gain and Hwasa I dont know why but this has been something In my head for a while.  My ultimate would be Zion T this would be fantastic, also rapper Loco something like this track is what I envision from them 

Yes! I so want them to do a track with Zion T. Don't know how I forgot to mention him. Him or Zico + Mamamoo would destroy. I'm so grateful that other stars have Mamamoo fever, because I could definitely see that happening.

I'm high on Zico for a couple reasons.

First of all, this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOkeUMHnhcw

Second of all, this (5:32):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRZHjao8uPA&feature=youtu.be&t=5m30s

Third of all, this:

hyun-hwasa.jpg

Let's make it happen, Hwasa! I'm also lowkey curious about this potential love line lmao

Edited by YamaChan
  • Like 2

So I'll ask one more time, so one of you can crush my hopes for good.

Is there no chance Mamamoo attends the MAMAs? And do they have any shot at vocal performance? I ask because IU will not be attending, presumably allowing Taeyeon to claim best female artist and just maaaaybe that will open the door for Mamamoo to win best vocal performance.

Right?!

A Moo can dream.

Yeah...The Korean entertainment industry can be absolutely ridiculous at times. When I read that gossip article about Loen wanting to boycott the MAMAs because IU only won two awards despite singing three songs, whether it's true or not, that made it clear how little integrity goes into these programs.

And it's Mnet so my expectations are already low.

I just think it's stupid one of the biggest hit songs of the entire year is not getting performed at one of the biggest venues.

That would never happen in the American music scene. Hit songs get the respect they deserve here. Sometimes too much.

Oh well. This time next year Mamamoo will be an unstoppable wrecking ball  :raep:

I wouldn't call UOAY generic pop. It's still retro.

I just want a great song and even more successful comeback.

• Like 5

My theory is that they've been preparing for their comeback for a couple of months now, but the instagram about the b-boy is probably for a special stage of some kind. Maybe gayos, or you never know, MNET decided to invite them to the MAMAs.

Don't play with my emotions like this, spark. You know how much I, and surely many others, are thirsty for a Mamamoo MAMAs appearance.

If you're all this much of a mess at the thought of coming into contact with Mamamoo in person, I don't think you would survive an encounter with Solar. She's like a shark when there's blood in the water when she spots a shy or nervous fan. 

You can get away with social awkwardness with the other three, but Solar will make you pay.

I'm still debating whether or not to go to Texas to see them again. But if they perform at the MAMAs and make a comeback early next year, I may not survive long enough to see it. I will have been slain.

• Like 5

Well I already went to the LA fanmeet, and that has given me pretty much all I could ask for really. Although I would love to redeem my failure in interacting with the Maknae Line and say/do something more memorable. 

I'd be happier if more of you would be able to go this time around to experience Mamamoo in person for yourselves~ 

And if you do, prepare for a 4D personality in Solar, a shy cutie in Moonbyul, the Queen of Swag in Wheein and the self-aware Femme Fatale in Hwasa.

Not even exaggerating. 

i would practice my korean skills to talk to mamamoo but i would feel embarrassed af

i guess they would appreciate my effort in learning korean but i just feel like "ur not korean stop being a koreaboo xd" for some reason

If you get to meet them, it would be a waste not to do this.

They were always genuinely surprised and flattered when someone tried speaking Korean to them. I planned on doing it myself, but Japanese is my randomly learned Asian language of choice, and my mind was set to English when I was in front of them. 

They'll love the effort. Wish I'd done it.

On a different note, I'm in Mamamoo withdrawal right now. I need another Mamamoo crack video or a new season of MMMTV

• Like 1

I was also going through Mamamoo withdrawal.. Thank goodness these vids made by kmoomoos found me :rlytearpls:

Some disgustingly cute/greasy MoonSun moments:

And these 'stitched up' performance vids of their songs that will hopefully help you reminisce (must watch tbh):

Piano Man

Mr. Ambiguous

Love Me (Stooshe Cover)

Um Oh Ah Yeh

Credits to the ones who made these. I hope you guys enjoyed watching (I know I did). :rlytearpls:

Thank you for this magnificent Sunday treat. I watched every single one of those. Just reaffirms the fact every Mamamoo stage performance is its own singular, extremely entertaining entity.

I've watched most, if not all the Mamamoo performances on youtube, because I feel like I'll miss out on some new twist or random quirk thanks to their beagle like tendencies.

OMG I also know japanese (very little but I do) hi5 [emoji112]

ãã†ã§ã™ã‹ã€‚勉強ã§ãŒã‚“ã°ã£ã¦ãã ã•ã„ã­ã€‚

Where's a Solar tears gif when you need one? I loved everything about that performance. 

Mamamoo truly is the group we needed but don't deserve. They're that good, even at half strength.

Media playing the shit out of this  :hurr:

• Like 1

I am literally overwhelmed with all the Mamamoo activities and posts today. Some of them my own doing. But I can never get enough! I legitimately may not survive their comeback without needing to hit a life alert button.

K

tumblr_nycdq2QMV31u78jxmo4_400.gif

Rest in spoilers!

tumblr_ny0iw4Zyvn1ud5mx3o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ny0iw4Zyvn1ud5mx3o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nwv7ngSszp1qfydrko2_400.gif

tumblr_nvy71bwZVr1qfydrko1_250.gif

tumblr_nxem1iXpHn1qezih5o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nwouccAxgT1ufaindo1_1280.jpg[[

All I have time for right now!

Happy Thanksgiving, my fellow Moos!

• Like 3

Guys I bet this is a 100% unpopular opinion but don't you think...

Moonbyul is amping it up a bit too much with her harem sometimes. Like it's so obvious she knows that fans like the girl crush thing and the MoonSun thing and I feel like she keeps increasing it to a point where I wonder if the person receiving it is uncomfortable. Maybe it's just me getting paranoid from Hwasa's wtf look whenever they perform  :._.:  lolz * limps away after getting beaten up by moomoos *

Nope. :)

All the members are happy participants in the "harem" and they're all incredibly close and just having fun up there. Don't believe me?

tumblr_nwbxu1PTAS1t72ykio1_500.jpg

tumblr_nwdv5cAPsR1ufaindo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nwdv5cAPsR1ufaindo3_1280.jpg

You're definitely over thinking this

tumblr_nwqngnYMms1ugf371o1_400.giftumblr_nwqngnYMms1ugf371o2_400.gif

Girls just want to have fun

• Like 1

Mamamoo is amazing! I might just be a fan. :ahmagah:

Hop off the fence and join us! You'll find a nice home among us Moos who have also seen the shining light in our lives that is Mamamoo!

Join the legion~

tumblr_nswdbkkWxl1u94vw0o1_1280.jpg

• Like 1

They performed  :lol:

CVOOT_QVEAEs-Ep.jpg

CVOOfoeUEAETuZs.jpg

CVOOjwLUsAEkF_E.jpg

Something they couldn't have done at the MAMAs.

I'm not upset they weren't subjected to that Big 3 circlejerk sham of an Awards show.

Nepotism > Meritocracy in the Korean entertainment scene.

• Like 1