Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
HimawariAmu

[Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever

Which universe you prefer?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Solar's universe you prefer?

• Princess
    • Boxer
    • Rockstar
  2. 2. Moonbyul's universe you prefer?

• Music video director
    • Choreographer
    • Entertainment CEO
  3. 3. Whee in's universe you prefer?

• Environmentalist
    • Painter
    • Indie artist
  4. 4. Hwasa's universe you prefer?

• Mother
    • Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

Thanks for the context, Yoongi. That was beautifully shot. Props to Director YongSun. Of course the vocals were on point as well.

But if it's related to the third song she never had a chance to performer, why are there installations? Or maybe Solar's part was to release that song, and the other parts will feature things the other members wanted to show?

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Random question. 

Does anyone still hope for a comeback this year or has that pretty much been dwindled down to zero? I ask because I no longer want to see a new Mamamoo album until next year.

All the special projects and tracks they've released, as well as their continued variety appearances, more than quench my Mamathirst. 

Just wondering if everyone here is pretty much in the same mindset.

We were once divided. I suspect that's not the case anymore.

I personally don't feel it makes logistical sense to even have one now. Just ride the Um Oh Ah Yeh train through the rest of 2015.

• Like 1

We are truly blessed to have all these IS2 performances from Mamamoo. I really think the experience has helped tremendously in sharpening the girls' already stellar stage presence and creativity. They've grown so much since their first time on the show.

Please...let's get a damn W finally! If we can't get a music show win this year, let's get an IS2 win. Pretty sure, based on what everyone's saying, they'd be the first girl group to actually win the show.

While I hope the girls can win, LS2 has too many great singers. It'll be very hard but a first win would be so great for the girls' careers

Hey, I've been patient through their first 5 appearances. Heck, I think they could've won with Delilah if not for having to go first. 

Sixth time is the charm is all I'm hoping for.

Also, I hate to be that person, but it occurred to me when I went back and re-read the first few dozen pages of this thread that the OP may be in need of an update UOAY style, especially with all the new Moos showing up every week.

• Like 1

Quietly anticipating their next IS2 performance. Delilah is going to be hard to top, but I know they'll pull a radish out of the hat somehow. 

Just know they'll find a quirky way to use Wheein's lack of mobility to their advantage. 

After seeing the lineup, it's going to take a herculean effort and superb creativity to top the veteran singers they'll be competing against. 

Also don't look now but Shinee is slowly gaining on Mamamoo in the online voting for the MMAs

http://awards.melon.com/mma/vote/fvote.htm

Still far and away the top voted girl group now, so I'm satisfied enough just seeing that and how well the Korean Moos voted even before Mamamoo slyly asked them to send in their votes. 

Oh, and to punctuate this rant, it's incredible to see Um Oh Ah Yeh still peaking in the top 35-40 each day, despite being a more than 4 month old song now. Other than Big Bang, all the other songs released around the same time are steadily heading out of the top 100 

That longevity. That relevance. 

They once covered other groups' songs and now at least one group is covering a Mamamoo song. 

Keep rising.

• Like 3

omg you luckyyyyy

#WhenWillMamamooNewYork is the question  :rlytearpls: it's okay, i won't be able to go anyways, i guess

i hope mamamoo comes to kcon'16 NY

i have a feeling f(x) will be attending kcon'16 as well, since they're gonna release 4 Walls soon, I hope LGBT right activist (RBW) will give mamamoo a chance to go kcon'16

but i'd hate to only have a high five with mamamoo, so i'd prob not go lmao

Even a high five is worth it. My hand still glows with a radiant aura after being the recipient of multiple high fives from Solar, none of which even cleanly connected. Your hands will be taken to another plane of existence after a high five line with Mamamoo. 

The question is...should I see Mamamoo again in Texas  :derp:

So... Solar's advertising cosmetic products now..  :)

tCxUWY7.jpgHCkTQOB.jpg

Get that money, Solar, so you can make it rain in the RBW dance practice room!

You so lucky..  Have fun. Take lotsa pics and vids. Have magical high fives with the girls. :cry:

Btw is SXSW Music Fest on March 2016?

Amazing!  :ahmagah:

The Nirvana of high fives? :)

Yes, if you have time you should (I know I would...but sadly I'm not from the US). Who knows, by that time they might have had their comeback & such.. And it'd be interesting to see how much they have grown musically. And maybe you'll finally have that long awaited perfect bodily contact high five from Solar. Ahhh you so lucky  :rlytearpls:

Now, if only there were more Kpop-centered music gatherings in Asia(outside of Korea) and Mamamoo was one of the guests, that'd be greaatttt. :imstupid:  

i am strongly weighing my options right now. Leaning heavily towards seeing them a second time~ This time I'll be more prepared for any potential interactions

Solar's cover debuted at #16 on Melon  :smile: Pretty good i'd say for a random unannounced and unpromoted cover

19760617f5.png

Edit: And also considering IU's album just debuted on the charts taking up 7 spots. Basically it's a top10 debut under normal circumstances  :)

So can we take a moment to think about this for a second.

A cover Solar didn't really promote at all outside the Mamamoo fanbase would've debuted in the ten if it hadn't been released on IU Day.

This is weeks after an unpromoted OST track for a cell phone game charted in the top 20 at its peak.

My expectations are extremely (yet somehow cautiously) high for their next comeback, because that is just phenomenal chart dominance relative to their peers.

My ideal world:

IS2 win ---> Kick ass performances on most of the year-end stages/music awards ---> eventual comeback

Another great IS2 performance would suffice, but I'm thirsty for a win. 

We'll see how this plays out~

Confident that when Mamamoo comeback they'll debut in the top 10 (maybe top 5) I don't want to get my hopes up.

That is, hoping that no MAJOR artist comes back at the same time as them.

Let's go for 1!

By the time Mamamoo comes back, they will be the major artist!

Edited by YamaChan
  • Like 3

What was the criteria for Melon again?

Help... I'm starting to lose my faith in music award shows...  :unsure:   

fwEmG10.jpg

tumblr_na3gogJeVH1snz8koo1_500.gif

That's me after walking into Melon Headquarters

My rage right now is maximum, especially knowing how special this would be for the girls and how important it was to them. I can already tell I'm going to be flipping the bird to these shady music shows.

• Like 4

Happy page 666,fellow moos. Just in time for Halloween!

• Like 1

I swear soon there's going to be such high demand from other artists to feature a Mamamoo member on their tracks that RBW will have to set up bidding wars to satisfy this intense thirst for Mamamoo even within the industry. 

Hope the upcoming collab with Kisum and Hwasa does well, but more importantly, I look forward to what sounds like a promising song. 

Now I'm curious who the next collaboration will be. Zico and Wheein? Zico is a huge Mamamoo fan after all. Called them the best 4-member girl group in the business.

Hwasa's voice  :lub: 

I loved this on the first listen. Hwasa's voice is perfect for this style of music, and she blended extremely well with Kisum. Hope it does well! 

Next up is the Wheein collab. i can't keep up with all of them. Literally. Someone should compile a list~

It debuted at 18 on Melon~ 

Not bad at all with IU hogging up majority of the top 10

Edited by YamaChan
  • Like 1

I think it's time for a praise thread for Mamamoo, but I'd prefer to leave it to the usual members of the PR team like RookieStalker, Sparkilene or Athena.

After perusing a few "future top girl groups" topics this past week, it's obvious there's still people sleeping on Mamamoo. Time to let them know.

QUESTION OF THE DAY: HOW DID YOU KNOW OF MAMAMOO? (sorry, I love Times New Roman so much)

for me, it was literally this GIF

the power of GIFs are undeniably magical

rRWsEaE.gif

after i saw this gif i was like, "um what group is this?"

someone replied to me "mamamoo"

I TOL' EVERYONE "BRB STANNING MAMAMOO"

end of story. how beautiful was that

how about you??????

Marriage, not Dating. More specifically Love Lane. I knew of Mamamoo before then, but I never checked them out...not knowing I'd been listening to them for hours while going through Marriage, Not Dating. Became a fan the instant I finished their MVs and watched their lives.

• Like 2

One nomination is better than none.

However, we all know they should've been dominated for best girl group. Based on merit alone, for 2015, there's no reason they should be left off that list.

I'll take whatever I can get, with OH in its current state -_-

Oh, it's fixed!

On that note...

Um Oh Ah Yeh has finally reached 10,000,000 views on Youtube!

And 65,000 likes on Melon is coming up next.

Keep dominating, girls!

Edited by YamaChan
  • Like 6

So happy.. Crying tears of joy rn. Totally slayed by them.  :rlytearpls:

500 day anniversary, 10M youtube views for UOAY, trending on melon and naver, first IS2 win... :rlytearpls:

CSo9cUpVEAEzVo5.jpg

Oh God. It's happened. FINALLY! 

We've all been waiting so long for them to get the win, and they did so against arguably the toughest competition they've ever competed against!

You know what. Later for these awards shows who cater to the big companies and care more about lining their pockets than actually recognizing the outstanding talents in their industry. 

Mamamoo's  HISTORIC WINNING PERFORMANCE on IS2 expresses and showcases their brilliance and unique qualities as a girl group that my words could never do justice.

In the year 2015, many radishes sprouted from the earth, for the four queens--Solar, Moonbyul, Wheein and Hwasa--had set forth upon the land, and the Age of Moo began.

So it is written.

• Like 12

Oh lord. Solar as a nun? Moonbyul as a vampire? The ship really does sail itself....Those Moonsun flames are about to be fanned to the heavens when the fancams come out.

BTW what song did Mamamoo perform on IS2 again?

• Like 3

I feel like such a flop fan for just listening to this and failing to notice how well it's charting (even better than the Kisum/Hwasa collab)

Can't really thirst too much for a group comeback while the girls are doing all these awesome collabs

• Like 2

So I guess Mamamoo won't be attending the MAMAs or the MMAs? 

That's somewhat disappointing. They're the hottest group in K-Pop right now with one of the biggest hit songs of any girl group this year. 

I guess it's up to the other awards shows to hopefully acknowledge them for this. 

• Like 3

Pretty slow day, so I'm just going to have a Yama stream of consciousness moment or two. 

For starters, as understanding as I've tried to be, I still feel some type of way that Mamamoo wasn't selected as a top ten artist for the MMAs. The second most downloaded girl group song of the year and the highest vote getter among girl groups wasn't enough for them?

This outrage was recently refueled when I watched the great stages put on by Red Velvet and GFriend, wondering what kind of stage Mamamoo would've and should've been able to put on to complete the Holy Rookie Trinity. 

All these shows want to put on great stages but don't want to invite a group that puts on some of the best stage performances in the business.

Switching gears entirely, I was thinking on how some people try to compare Mamamoo to older groups.

ie: "they're the next BEG" "they're the next Wonder Girls"

But then something occurred to me...BEG and Wonder Girls are close, but another group has to be thrown into the mix: Big Bang.

Now the comparison works for me. Mamamoo is like if you took the incredible talent of Brown Eyed Girls, the powerful retro feel of the Wonder Girls and the unparalleled stage presence of Big Bang and wrapped in all up in one amazing girl group (among other things that uniquely make Mamamoo Mamamoo)

Just some things that popped in my head recently~

Love all the recent pictures by the way.

• Like 4

*breathes life into thread*

What's Hidden Singer again? Happy to see Mamamoo continuing to make that variety show circuit though. From no shows to practically all the shows!

I hope to one day watch Mamamoo Showtime. The APink and EXID ones were fantastic. They should just keep inviting girl groups to the program  :happy: 

Love the clarity of their voices on these mics. The girls have been going hard in the paint non-stop with these festivals, but I think they still sound pretty stellar here. 

Also Greasy Moonbyul appearance at the end of Mr. Ambiguous. The victims this time were the maknae line.

Aside from the pleasure of seeing Mamamoo performing on stage, one positive I see from all of these festivals is the girls continuing to grow and learn as performers and how to connect with different audiences. There's a freedom, confidence and almost swagger to their performances now that, again, remind me of Big Bang.

And finally...

MAMAMOO EARNING DEM PAYCHECKS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bie_9vEtydg

And speaking of collabs, I'm still waiting for the Zico/Mamamoo collab. 

He's been on fire this whole year and he's a huge Mamamoo fan. Something has to be in the works...

Edited by YamaChan
  • Like 5

Not going to lie. Felt a strong sense of pride when Solar talked about the fan support at the LA Moo Party, when the IS2 host asked Mamamoo about their overseas activities. 

We gave them something to brag about in Korea! 

In the process of that interview Solar also gave us a bit of a preview of the album they're working on though (I hope it's a full and not a mini).

Mamamoo is still going to try for a fresh, young and dare I say funky feel for their next album, to hopefully clear away some of the perception of them as being an extremely mature or old group. 

I'm very curious what kind of music that will translate to. 

• Like 3

holy shit why is moonbyul so hot without showing skin  :rlytearpls:

HER HAIR TOO OMG

wheein is so cute like

WHEN YOU STAN MAMAMOO THERE IS NO BIAS LIST

she kinda looked like solji imo i need new glasses

XFTXWym.gif

tumblr_nedyi22GuD1rg08qmo6_250.gif

She reminded me more of Bomi honestly

apink_bomi_5th_mini_album_teaser_3_png_b