Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
HimawariAmu

[Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever

Which universe you prefer?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Solar's universe you prefer?

• Princess
    • Boxer
    • Rockstar
  2. 2. Moonbyul's universe you prefer?

• Music video director
    • Choreographer
    • Entertainment CEO
  3. 3. Whee in's universe you prefer?

• Environmentalist
    • Painter
    • Indie artist
  4. 4. Hwasa's universe you prefer?

• Mother
    • Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

^I still would've greatly preferred they swapped the colors for Moonbyul and Solar to Red Sun and Blue Moon, but what's done is done, I suppose. 

Packed schedule aside, I've had no complaints with the high quality music we've been provided through the 4 Seasons Project, and I can tell the girls are genuinely happy to explore their artistry/individuality while successfully broadening their image and brand as a group to more than "beagledols" (although we of course love that side of them too).

As an aside, I'm not interested in getting into a back and forth about how RBW is handling all their promotions this year, but for those of you who are, at least try to keep it cordial; there's no need to take your frustrations out on each other.

At the end of the day, we all want what's best for Mamamoo. Let's leave the hostility and aggressiveness outside the thread.

• Like 8

Nice to have some positive buzz going on comeback week for once this year!

2018 is really the gift that keeps on giving. We finally got to see Byul on KOMS!

So awesome to see her solidifying herself as an individual artist this year :) She can do it all

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1

I came home and slept immediately. I'm ready to welcome in this next glorious era of our queens! I didn't realize how badly I personally needed this comeback until I listened to the medley. 

My excitement level is through the roof and into the god damn stratosphere! ahmagahplz.png

• Like 1

Less than a hour now! Leggo!

Let the BlueS and Wind Flower Era begin!

I was already very excited about Wind Flower just from the teaser (it was already on replay in my head just from that), so it does not surprise me that the full song is already one of my favorite Mamamoo title tracks on first listen.

Honestly, it was absolutely perfect. What didn't it have? For those who accuse Mamamoo of feeling compelled to overpower songs with their strong vocals, this is the chill, subdued but emotionally charged song for you.

Mamamoo out here creating a new anthem and creed for getting over breakups and the heartache that follows. Grab your truest friends and go drink and dance your sorrows away together. 

After the summer I just had (long story), I can really connect with and relate to the message of this song.

The M/V captured that message perfectly as well. It may be the most congruity I can remember between song and MV, as far as Mamamoo is concerned. 

And now we have a mini with all new songs? 

Christmas has come in November! Thank you, Mamamoo!

• Like 6

For those who, like me, can't be patient and wait for the V-App showcase.

• Like 2

Mamamoo trending #1 on Melon. Wind Flower trending #6.

The hype is real

• Like 4

I heard that some fans asked Esna to stop appearing with Mamamoo on music shows since they thought that it was Mamamoo's comeback. But the truth is, it was a collaboration between Mamamoo and Esna. It even prompted Esna to post this song:

I wasn't in the fandom yet at that time. So please correct me if I'm wrong. But this is what I've heard. And it was bad because I felt like Esna was disrespected.

That's correct. 

It was petty, childish and insulting towards Esna, and showed a complete lack of maturity in the fans who attacked her, but it did at least result in an amazing clapback track by Esna. 

Thankfully it had no impact on the relationship between Esna and the girls; she'll forever be the 5th member and Mamamoo's Mama!

On another subject, I can sense a lot of angst over Wind Flower's charting. It's a little early to count out its chances for surging back up the digital charts (See: Decalcomanie), but I'm not going to go as far as thinking this is a "wasted comeback" just because the song doesn't top the charts.

We've gotten an amazing mini-album, one of Mamamoo's better title tracks, arguably their best M/V and the spectrum of Mamamoo's artistry continues to expand. While success in the charts is always a goal, it's not the only goal, and the album is at least selling better than the previous mini albums. 

Awards season has always been an extremely tough, crowded and competitive time to promote, and right now it'd be easier to name who hasn't comeback the past couple of weeks.

I'm just thankful for the consistent delivery of high quality music this year. I would've of course loved to see all the songs smash the charts, but I hate the narrative that an era is a fail or a flop, just because of chart results.

On a tangentially related note, I can't wait to go to the first MMM concert post-4 Seasons Project. It is going to be absolutely amazing ahmagahplz.png

• Like 8
  • Dislike 1

I hope we don't become a fandom (maybe it's too late) that gets overly reactionary and depressed over the charts, but I guess it can be a little jarring for the MooMoos who have only known Mamamoo since their streak of chart topping title tracks.

For what it's worth, now that Monday has arrived, the song has at least jumped back into the Melon top 10 and we're already at 25k album sales.

Not bad for an album and title track that hasn't received the greatest promotions, according to some.

But seriously. Relax, MooMoos. One of my good friends is in Seoul right now, and she's already heard Wind Flower being played in stores. The word will spread.

Everything will be okay dave.png

• Like 5

I feel I need to get one last YamaRant out of my system.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with wanting Mamamoo to chart well and continue to be a dominant force in K-Pop.

Coming from a small company, the girls have had to work twice as hard (at least) as acts from bigger companies to gain both fans and attention from the public, and what MooMoo wouldn't want to see their years of hard work and passion continue to result in what has been an amazing success story so far? 

Personally, I was never one to care about charts, and thought it was an odd obsession in the world of K-Pop, but when I saw how much Mamamoo themselves seemed to care, with members (Moonbyul lol) staying up to chart watch like fans, I decided it should be more important to me as well. 

So I'll never begrudge MooMoos for expressing frustration or disappointment when a song doesn't perform as well as we all know it deserves.

I just hope we don't turn into a fandom that loses its collective shit when that does happen. One that points fingers in different directions, seeking someone to blame for a less than ideal outcome. It reminds me of the toxicity that occurs within other girl group fandoms, who are always at each other's throats in what's become the K-Pop edition of Game of Thrones.

And I'm not saying we have either. I've seen some bait thrown out by people outside the fandom (with a suspect amount of upvotes), to drag Mamamoo into those toxic arguments, and not a single MooMoo went for it.

That's the kind of stuff that continues to make me proud to be a part of this fandom smile.png And when we're discussing matters within the fandom, no matter how polarizing the topic, I just hope everyone can remain respectful and constructive. 

At the very least, it seems the girls are really enjoying themselves with the few stages they've performed, and at least from what I've seen and read, they're very happy with the music they've released through BlueS, even if the results aren't what they hoped for.

Let's not forget just how awesome 2018 has been as a whole though. There's been a lot of milestones and achievements from January until now, and a lot of incredible music and stages, with their first ever MAMA invite and performance scheduled before the year is out. They've already been acknowledged by Melon as a top 10 artist. The list could go on, and make this post entirely too long, if I let it.

My point is that it's not all doom and gloom dave.png

Stay strong, radishes!

On a different note, what's everybody's favorite song from BlueS? For me, it's Better than I thought

Edited by YamaChan
  • Like 7

No More Drama for me, but it's very hard for me to choose since the songs are so damn amazing.

But "Better Than I Thought" gives me "Spring Fever" feels. I listened to both tracks one after another in a playlist and it works wonders. It's like the two songs are connected.

I was just thinking that. I'm about to try that right now!

I think the RBW/Mamamoo/Fandom topic has run its course.

It's going in circles, all view points have been expressed and it's starting to dominate the thread. I think it's time to agree to disagree and shift focus to what matters--the positives from this comeback, the awesome mini album Mamamoo just dropped and their long-awaited invite to the MAMAs. 

Enough is enough. Can we please move on? I know I'm not the only one who thinks the dialogue has gotten a bit old and stifling, to say the least.

What happened has happened. Can we just focus on supporting the girls for the couple of weeks they'll be actively promoting? Anything is better than belaboring the same points over and over.

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1

^ will do Yamachan.

My apologies as well for contributing into it. Very rare times I dip my toes lol.

I don't know if ita my mood but im humming to Solar's Hello. The entire album is a gift to my sentimental soul. Everything in it is my cup of tea. So I am very happy. I cant wait to add my new MMM poster to my wall .

No worries chuplz.png  There's nothing to apologize for; it's just there are some positives from the comeback, right? Hard to tell with the way the thread has been the past couple of days!

I just received my Blue;S album hot off the shelves from Seoul (Big thanks to one of my fav MooMoos) and the pictures in the photobook are amazing warstarplz.png  They look so damn good!

Of course I got the Wheein card. Must be from all the good vibes I've been hoping to send her way, after an up and down year for her.

• Like 1

I hope that's in addition to a solo stage for Mamamoo.

Otherwise...5cF9Biq.png

It's for the opening stage. Should be fine.

Edited by YamaChan
  • Like 4

That was the most amazing thing I've seen all year. I need some time to process the perfection my eyes just witnessed and my brain is still trying so hard to comprehend. 

In all my time as a MooMoo, this is one of my happiest moments as a fan. THIS is the stage they've deserved for years and they absolutely ****ing killed it. 

I am so damn proud and emotional and shaken to my very core at every nuance and every layer of those performances. And the scary thing is that this is still Mamamoo with the limiters on, to borrow from popular anime tropes. These stages were almost entirely abridged and they still made the MAMAs their personal concert for almost 10 minutes.

The wait was so, so long but holy shit was our patience as a fandom rewarded. Perhaps we wouldn't have been rewarded with such an incredible stage if Mamamoo didn't have time to hone their craft and distinguish themselves as the queens of performance of their generation.

It's like Mamamoo made the most dramatic rallying cry to MooMoos all over, to let us know that charts and sales come and go, but their incredible charisma and dedication to the details of putting on as close to an immaculate performance as possible will be their god damn legacy and that will stick longer than any song can hope to remain on any chart.

I'm a pretty seasoned radish, but this right here has me emotional. I'd started to almost look at the MAMAs with disdain for all the years they slept on the girls, but the power of a global stage in this era of K-Pop cannot be overstated, and to see so many people taking an interest in them, not to mention their trending all over, makes all the frustration over past snubs seem like a distant memory.

Believe and Listen to Mamamoo. 

• Like 6

I usually get fairly shy about linking my own videos here in the official thread, but given the timing and subject matter, I feel compelled to.

It's been quite a year, certainly with its ups and downs, but it's fulfilling and encouraging to look back at just what the girls have accomplished; I think we sometimes take for granted how much of a risk they took with their project.

It hasn't all gone well (as I loosely referenced just above), but given how fickle popularity is for most girl groups (who are expected to stay in their lanes), I'm personally extremely satisfied with the results of Mamamoo's artistic exploration and expression this year, and I can only hope they feel the same.

I think they knew going into this year that topping the charts consistently was going to be iffy, especially when they're busy delving into new sounds and also deepening their connection with their individual voices as performers.

Well, I've droned on enough. You all get the point. Enjoy the rest of the holidays and happy new year in advance! 

• Like 9

You know, I've reached the point where chart dominance isn't really as important to me as a fan as it may have been when Mamamoo were still trying to cement themselves as a top K-Pop group, but in the case of Hwasa, I'm taking special satisfaction in her dominance.

MooMoos remember the things that have been said by both K-fans and I-Fans about Hwasa since she first debuted. And to see Hwasa rise, radiate and reign as the new Queen of Korea, without sacrificing even an ounce of her character and boldly presenting her authentic self, even in the face of harsh, undeserved criticism and judgment, is simply amazing.

ALL HAIL THE QUEEN!!!

tumblr_pmuzofxnuD1xesrddo2_r1_400.gif

And the song is perfect. It's literally perfect. The production, the vocals, the live performances of said song...nailed on every single level. If all of Mamamoo's songs are on this level in 2019, we are in for a god damn treat.

Edited by YamaChan
  • Like 2

GOGOGO

Confirmed BOP

Edited by YamaChan
  • Like 4

Oh snap. The original radish field that nurtured my love for the queens is back! YES. 

I MISSED YOU ALL!!!

I'm so behind on everything. I've got so much to catch up on!

• Like 1

I've expended all my energy freaking out about HIP already. I'll just say it's my absolute favorite track since Starry Night and gets better on every listen. I loved it on the first listen.

I'm exhausted from my lack of sleep but it was worth it. Incredible track. This is going to be one of my go-to gym songs for sure.

• Love 1

All the OH MooMoos have migrated it seems. We don't talk anymore like we used to 😥 It's such a shame, since this thread had a lot to do with my taking a larger interesting in Mamamoo and eventually becoming a fan!

• Love 1

31 minutes ago, Dutchy said:

Where do you think they went?

Discord. Twitter. AllKpop. Reddit. We're scattered everywhere. I hope to see a return to glory at some point.