Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
HimawariAmu

[Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever

Which universe you prefer?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Solar's universe you prefer?

• Princess
    • Boxer
    • Rockstar
  2. 2. Moonbyul's universe you prefer?

• Music video director
    • Choreographer
    • Entertainment CEO
  3. 3. Whee in's universe you prefer?

• Environmentalist
    • Painter
    • Indie artist
  4. 4. Hwasa's universe you prefer?

• Mother
    • Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

^ This are times I am glad - that I am so zen. 

Anyways its a rainy new year in my country and rainy day is def on my playlist.

Nothing but my soul below. ^-^

There are times when being complacent hurts,

there are times when the overreaction can cause more harm than what the actual thing can do.

Being concerned is human nature, overreaction in a soundboard that echoes the same sentiment contributes to the panic and conspiracy.

To save our hearts for once this new year  -- may we learn to balance the concern with the reaction.

May we learn to not jump so much to conclusion that we ended jumping down a clift of nothingness. 

Being cautious is ok, being paranoid on the other hand.

Let our heart be at peace for once and save ourselves from unnecessary stress.

I promise I'm not high lol. ilikeitplz.png Don't judge me if I love Solar - Hello so much that I keep playing lol. 

Hello Dashi uri, hello hello heloo~~~~

Edited by kaichi
  • Like 2

Question: Mintbox-nim is a well-known Hwasa fan. Do you guys know the equivalent to her for Wheein, Solar, and Moonbyul? I mean, the most well-known fansite for the other three.

I would like to know since I suddenly became interested in fansites ever since Mintbox-nim's scream during Hwasa's acceptance speech. rlytearpls.png

I think move-nim is an MB fan. She is the one that you can recognize even in other's fan cam just because of her laugh and voice.

• Like 1

so what's this I hear about Mamamoo not having a pr team? is that even possible lol I'm confused where people are getting that information from

Just stuff I gather and some assumption

Because before How Ent. [Hwang Chi Yeol] Agency handles the PR. back then RBW outsource - is that the word their PR work to a different company. That ended up just before Red Moon , based on a PR release last year when RBW need to clarify the relationship between them and How ent, because that time How ent was i think acquired by Bugs [Which states their contract with How will end first quarter of this year (2018), and MMM contract with RBW ends Jan of 2021]. 

So basically this before Red Moon:   RBW : Owns rights to MMM, How Ent: PR works.

Now pretty sure RBW is trying to handle their PR works on their own, which probably after having a different company handle that they trying to grasp the way how to do it. 

What was gone was HOW which previously handle their PR works.

That's my Random ability to remember nonsensical things yet I forgot where I put my stuff this morning lol.

Edited by kaichi

thank you for explaining this to me lol I was very confused when I read all those posts, could it be that Rbw has another team and we don't know about it or is that public information

Hwasa just keeps getting those cf's I'm so happy for her 

We are pretty civil here so I don't know why we spoiler XD hahah but its lol. harharplz.png

They may very well created a PR team inside the company - if that is the case we probably wont know because that is internal. They probably very inexperience though.

The CF clips reminds of Piano man vibe but modern. Now makes me want White to have same vibe, dark alleyway kind of haunting vibe.  

SOLAR .. I'm wrecked!!!! have mercy on my soul.

How many comebacks does Mamamoo usually have?

2 - a year since 2014 with exception of 2017 (1) and 2018 (3) on average 2 CBs in a year. 

2014 - [Mr. A / Piano Man]

2015 - [Ahh Oop - short collab promo / UOAY]

2016 - [YTB / DCM]

2017 - [YIA]

2018 - [sN / EG / WF]

Hallo, I'm Billy. I used to be in OH a few years ago until I lost my log in details and wasn't able to come back. This is my new account haha

My bias is Wheein :'D

Hello Billy ^-^. Welcome back. You seem familiar.

that's good to hear ;u;

But since I'm more active on twitter, maybe that's where you saw me? XD

Yeah on twitter, i think they doing that guess the MV last night . ilikeitplz.png  The name kinda rings. 

oh yeah that's me XD

You follow me? O.o

If it's you then yes - probably. I don't know if you will recognize me - I always almost have the same @ with just added something after. 

• Like 1

Saw a news from - waiting for translation MIGHT BE A RUMOR.

Winter / WHite album will be release on Feb probably late Feb,

EDIT:

Then HWASA solo debut after. ALBUM is FEB.

Translation from GG Zone

Click here to view the Tweet

WOW - my last year prediction prove to be.... Correct - it seems. amgplz.png. I have been feeling it Hwasa will be first solo since last year back in YF. 

Edited by kaichi

Moos it's official

• Like 2

She #1 at 5min chart and looks like she gonna hold it to be #1 at next update in Melon.

The Queen done it! So happy for Hwasa rlytearpls.png

EDIT: Other chart ranks

[23:00 KST]

Melon - 1

Genie - 4

Bugs - 1

MNet - 38

Naver - 4

Soribada - 1

lol @Mnet

^that flute part is the reason I keep listening to it. It was a great addition.

Edited by kaichi

I kinda laughing how this solo went, I know it's quite disorganize and seem rush which it is but it let me see a bit of the creative process from the company and how they consult the girls.

I think they really are like 80% creative in arbidub. I mean KDH and PWS rolled one day and just said I have a song let's get you a solo and Hwasa agreed and that probably is just few days before they announce her solo and they just rolled with it to the end. The timing work and rest is history.

I mean what the but also lol. hurrplz.png  They are like I wanna do this and they did. It is frustrating on business perspective but I see how that train of thought work lol on a creative mind perspective. I can relate I guess.  

I can see them frustrate themselves as well. lol. 0u0plz.png   For their sake hope they get some more organize person in there.

But lol, i can really see how 1cm, azegag, sleep in the car talk all went it really is that. Let's make a song. I find it rather amusing hahaha. Sorry my sense is in different dimension today. 

Edited by kaichi

I love the concept!!! And the concept is - MAMAMOO

White wind concept being about Mamamoo and all.

Those dates are important dates to MAMAMOO and Moomoos.

When they say Mamamoo from then to Now. A blank slate containing their history - damn it they are not kidding.

June 19, 2014 - Debut

Feb 12, 2014 - Fancafe Opening

July 06,2014 - When Moomoos are born [announcement of fandom name I think]

Feb 25,2016 - Release of first Full album.

^taken from moomoos on twitter doing detective works

I wonder what dates will be for other members if ever the teaser format is the same.

• Like 1

another one

991615485C7D450317?oroginal

• Like 5

Honestly I'm not surprised at this move. Some groups entirely ban any fan gifts even outside fansigns and only allow fan letters and similar fan projects. Usually happens when the group has been earning well for a while and the group's popularity has risen so high that it's become burdensome to handle and store everything that's received. So RBW's restriction is mild in comparison. 

I've also seen post-its get banned for other groups before so that's not surprising either. I assume one reason companies tend to ban this sooner or later is because they can easily be faked - I've definitely seen some obviously fake post-its for other groups roam around on social media that some naive fans believe to be true. Another reason could be that some fans might ask less than appropriate questions via post-its.

As to the filming/taking photos rule:

Now that I think about it, for a good while now we've been getting fancams only of the part after the actual signing ends and the girls get out in front with mics and start communicating with fans. That's the more interesting and fun part to watch anyway. 

So all in all this doesn't really change anything for international fans. We will still get fancams from fansigns.

Some Moos on twt are already jumping to conclusions and making a mountain out of a molehill about this but whatevs. It'll calm down again soon as it always does. 

Honestly not much change. It almost the same rule as before - the only change is the food from reduce to completely banned. edit : added Also the banning of gifts.

The no video during signing started I think  during Purple era it's always been fine during the phototime/session just not during signing.

The post it according to thewheepup [who spent time in korea participating in fansigns] has always been banned.

So IDK wht.. they are freaking out about. like. what!?

RBW was just reiterating the rules. idontthinksobetchplz.png

I know its popular for them to be angry at RBW but sometimes like... 

I guess few people pay attention to those rules before.

Edited by kaichi

Lmao even better. 

So essentially there's a tiny change that doesn't affect int Moomoos at all and everything else stays the same. 

I wish all accounts with a large following would always check very carefully before posting something like this knowing what the mood in the fandom is like towards the company. Not everyone is on fancafe and reads stuff that's posted there and lots of fans are quite new as well. Most of us are heavily reliant on update accounts and translators. Plus the habits many people have developed when using social media nowadays means that fact checking is done rarely or not at all.

Oh well we're about to get a solo MV teaser in an hour and everyone will forget about this storm in a teacup.

Edit:

Clarification tweet by LilySubs

Well damn, I didn't even think that some people could get this creepy (secret up-close recordings?*shudder*) and that's why that filming rule is in place. Reason number 298645 why I could never be an idol. Good that RBW is trying to protect the girls as much as possible.

I wish really they could check on it and fact check before spreading. :/ they are getting angry at nothing like literally nothing. People get angry easily over nothing nowadays because they can't wait for further info or search for abit.

Edited by kaichi

Yow MAMAMOO flexing their vocal with surprise highlight medley drop and singing the snippets Acapella.. Only on VLIVE yet.

Check it and be bless

https://www.vlive.tv/video/117541

• Like 4

So the question mark in the schedule was a cryptic gif. Lmao RBW

Perfect for signature aint it. XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44cdydx9Uvs

anyone knows from which show is this taken?

Is this not InSync - the one show Byul is doing [Can't really remember if that is the title lol]. Pretty sure that I saw moomoosubs done with some of the trans of the show.