Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
HimawariAmu

[Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever

Which universe you prefer?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Solar's universe you prefer?

• Princess
    • Boxer
    • Rockstar
  2. 2. Moonbyul's universe you prefer?

• Music video director
    • Choreographer
    • Entertainment CEO
  3. 3. Whee in's universe you prefer?

• Environmentalist
    • Painter
    • Indie artist
  4. 4. Hwasa's universe you prefer?

• Mother
    • Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

After listening to the medley last night and reading translation of the lyrics.

The whole album feels like a story. 

The intro is setting you into feeling of upcoming coldness of winter.

No more drama is about breaking up with someone but then just after that you get the regret phase presented by Hello - in where one is trying to convey message that can no longer be conveyed as the love might still be there but the feelings has change. Better than I thought is when one is starting to heal , but the occasional sentimental blues and what ifs comes back with Morning and then finally wind Flower is slowly moving on, and slowly accepted - it might have been painful but the world go rounds. Wind flower despite being sentimental have a very optimistic feel to it. 

This what I get by listening to the song progression from the highlights. 

• Like 3

Yah someone's are behind these imo. These type of things dont happen three times and consecutively.

I just wanna hug Whee right now and send her cheers.

Definitely feeling that as well that someone is out to get MMM. Long before this - its back at YIA when Whee-Byul played the back and fort game and Whee caught flack over one of her post. There is a feeling that someone in media just does not like them.

• Like 1

I know some people will say that I'm reading too much into this, but I can't help feeling that she's somewhat quiet these days, especially in AAA. I can never know if she is saddened by this unfortunate thing, but if she does, I hope people around her there can comfort her. I'd like to think that she is a strong woman, but even the strongest people have their down days.

Ugh, how I wish that I can send her warm hugs! She is such a precious person, I just can't at people who want to bring her down.

I rather she showed it - if she really is feeling down - than force a smile. I know Mamamoo specially Hyejin will be by her side. After what just happened its quite normal to be affected one way or another no matter how strong someone is. I want her to take the time to heal at her own phase - and hope that her smile comeback naturally. I rather she let it out  than have a smile plastered on her face - just so we wont worry - while internally aching [if indeed she is feeling down].

She been through alot I want to protect her. warstarplz.png

• Like 1

Hwasa X Loco X Woogie

JUJIMA !!!!!  rlytearpls.png  It won. Remember those days when we are all up in moo heaven. When Gopchang ran out and Hwasa X Loco made people to ship them. When the Hwasa craze started on full force. Our Hyejinie warstarplz.png   

Speechless, I am. O_O. Amazing!!!! this is something I always look forward at the end of the year to see Mamamoo in such big stages doing what they do best.

• Like 2

All I can say is I love the album and can't wait when I get mine. Ordered 2 - even if im pretty much broke (my way of compensating for whatever Mamamoo lost from not holding the concert). 

I saw some say they don't like Solar Solo - HELLO, but I am absolutely addicted to that song. 

Aside that throwing some cents on the debate - the more I look at the situation in distance. No rants just wall of text. ^-^.

All I see is RBW trying to grow and maxing out.  Its that they are trying to work like a small company when they can no longer be. They are not the RBW/WA of yesteryears anymore.  They are transforming to a medium one and is on the grounds of establishing a longer standing known one in the lines of Cube, or Pledis those mid tier (top tier being big3) company with multiple groups. I think that the growth come faster than they anticipated, I have been saying this since I become a MOO, RBW did not know the power of the Monster they created. 

This transition - as much as everyone would love it to be smooth - will be very jarring. I think even in other industry the transition to small to something bigger is one of the hardest to do. Specially for company whose success came after one thing. Many company dies on the process, many just decided to cut down and go back to before, many plateaued but to the few who go forth brace the hurdle or destroy that wall - they become stronger.

For my love of MAMAMOO and RBW girls I hope they succeed and exorcising their demons and truly evolving to the next level. They have reach the maximum in their current state and need to reassess their self - to further grow.

As for the concert boycott>cancellation>rbw original plan> the lack of promotion.  It's a case of miscommunication and both sides being such kids. 

I think we see now that RBW original plan is to focus on concert and cutting on side promo so that girls will not be overworked as much for the concert prep [considering its December and all the award and seeming beef with KBS] - They did not communicate that properly. (I'm not judging if that plan is good or bad just stating that that probably is the plan and that plan made sense with how the current schedule of awards show in December is.)

The fans on their concern with the girls overworking assume that all the glitz of previous promo will be here - i.e radio appearance side by side, variety guesting and all and to add a concert will truly be devastating to the girls health. Aside that they want a proper promotional cycle deep within with no concert prep insight. Pursued the boycott in that mindset. 

Result a cancelled concert, with too late to book the usual promo cycle [for the love of cats moos guesting don;t pop up the moment you call them- they are planned], and another round of disappointed Moos grumbling. 

Some of us on the fandom can't admit that maybe just maybe we miscalculated things, that maybe we are partially(not entirely) wrong. The goal and the reason is  understandable. Like everything else we need to live with what we decide.

There is alot of bitterness from both sides -> reason I can't enjoy much of this comeback , every time I read random cute things about Mamamoo someone gonna throw their bitterness at RBW. Like can I have the cute moment for now.

RBW and Moos - should sing "NO MORE DRAMA" and we go it will be better day by day.

Whee is smiling brightly - that's all I ask for. 

I can't really truly hate RBW - i still have hope for them, for as much as other Moos said that all they did is gather the group and give them mic, I want them to travel back during 2014-2015.  When RBW in last ditch effort borrowed money from different part of their company to make a music video in a very different sound, that they have go all in, in a promo - that is basically their Final fantasy. Alot of company would have disbanded them at that point - they said this thing one last time and here we go still hearing that song in BGM till today.  There are other group who go - with vocal talent [sPICA...etc] . It's not that they don;t have personality or fun they are as well.

The difference is the company promo that time and for Mamamoo to go forth one more step its also on RBW as much as you hate it or not. 

MAMAMOO is a miracle in the industry. RBW have hand on that. for that to go further need to exorcise their demons.  We all want the top but sometimes looking back to where they came from and how long the journey is to where they are now, it is worth appreciating.

Edited by kaichi
  • Like 7

And we do not forget Kim Do Hoon again....

It's one the things that annoys me. They just always threw him under the bus. 

This the guy that made sure WheeSa will be together, picking them up in the line up of so many girls - asking them to audition to him one last time, two peas in a pod he says.  Taking Yong from that street audition to the grounds of RBA and training her despite her age to be a singer. As much as people hate him for asking Byul to rap it made sense in group perspective and we see that he does support her [like just recently praising her for taking a pic of him and putting that up as magazine cover].  Letting them have the creativity and play he so love to have in a group - the vision he always have. "A group with vocal talent to sing any song he make that has fun on stage".

Those 4 talent + his vision is what shape MAMAMOO. He is not perfect - he is human and prone to less than stellar company speak but the trust he put on 4 people that is not cookie cutter KPOP idol - my respect on that.

Edited by kaichi
  • Like 7

Most of us here agree they suck nowadays and dont know what to do. Tbh i have been on that view for awhile now that rbw barely have a clue of what they have on their hand.

Our view on how much and why might differ but we all agree that they need to get their ass off and work extra hard.

Because we dont yell burn rbw to the ground or such exageration and has a more calmer reaction means we are defending. Its more of understanding how things come to happen. I myself is not an exageration person and tend to step back and look at the reactions and see where things broke down.

Rbw has failings and they been less than stellar that's true no lies there. Admit it aswell that some fans who go exaggerate do also obscure the actual problem and might aswell hurt Mamamoo in different way.

In my view the more we exaggerate things , throw tantrums that is hard to understand the more the company be hard headed in listening. If fans and the company cant see each other in the eye, both might have end hurting MMM in the long run.

• Like 3

The only good thing rbw has done is put the girls together. Thats it. Byul was told not to smile because he said she looked ugly, she lost all her confidence after being forced to rap and it was herself that grew into that roll she herself is the only one to be praised for how far she has come today, he literally admitted he doubted moonbyul's talent (he also said something else about her that moos where upset it but i cant find it) made the girls believe they were ugly, put a camera in the girls fridge. I will admit i used to believe kdh was the best ceo but after reading some things hes has done i changed my mind. The only good thing hes done is form mamamoo and the songs he makes. So i stand by my point that mamamoo are where they are today because of themselves.

I know all of those that is why i dont view him as the best ceo , but hes the best circumstance of Mamamoo being formed and given the key to become what they are. I even know the exact, video, the words you cant find I know exactly that event, the fridge cam etc.. my memory is pretty good on those matter.

In my first weeks of being moo I consumed all of their radio appearance, video , backstage anything they have at that point. So all I can say is my that my stand of not hating and be only being only annoyed is well formed.

I never view him as the best ceo, i view him just like any other ceo and creative for that matter. They are people driven by their circumstances. It takes a whole lot more for me to hate something. I hope you come to understand that.

Speaking of it the words the made commotion to moos with kdh and byul. Ill tell you that when im on better platform . I.e at home and pc. I even try find my own replies on that matter and its up to you to think if its waranted or not.

Edited by kaichi
  • Like 6

^ will do Yamachan.

My apologies as well for contributing into it. Very rare times I dip my toes lol.

I don't know if ita my mood but im humming to Solar's Hello. The entire album is a gift to my sentimental soul. Everything in it is my cup of tea. So I am very happy. I cant wait to add my new MMM poster to my wall .

• Like 2

For positive note everyone the talks about donation I got

IDK I just wanna throwback to a time when OH MOOS manage to successfully raised fund  to send Hyejin a birthday cake and flowers and I think also a bear? I can't remember exactly. I was so proud back then, It was amazing.  That was the last gift we could give because for the next birthday - it was disallowed. 

And I can't believe that the Hyejin in Moo onesy I designed is displayed in RBW lounge. I am hoping when I get to Korea I get to see it (I hope in my heart that Hyejinie knew I did it since I also posted on Fancafe- omg my delusion).   ahmagahplz.png  

Visit the history archived here for some good fluff time

The cake for that matter

brDJPfq.jpg

Spreading some good wholesome vibes ahmagahplz.png

• Like 6

Ehh - I'm on twitter and for now I manage to filter the negatives. It's a good place to post fanarts. Devart is dead - pretty much. I cant do much insta. Twitter is good for me in that matter - you just need to accept everyone has snapback hard culture going there, lol.

When the ones value is measured by how much like you can get - that's for everyone in that platform.   

If anyone want to follow someone who is mostly drama free you can add me. ^-^ I don't do much there other than fanarts and retweet fansite pics and some occasional musing of me missing my lunches. 

• Like 3

I just realized I'm gonna have to miss a part of the MAMA on wednesday.................... watch it be the exact time that Mamamoo is performing, rip.

I'm planning to bolt out of work early lol, though I'm lucky I can do that. Just hoping no important thing pops up or I'm going on rampage. 

Yours truly is now at home, I am ready. ahmagahplz.png . I love watching Mamamoo at award show and year end shows specially if they get plenty of time - they are always amazing. 

lol Hwasa and Moonbyul didn't even take part in that collab, rip. A mess.

My stream even manage to skip that short part of all parts. rlytearpls.png

Omgggg woww !!! They freaking snapped i want moarrr.

• Like 2

The ladies watching with open mouth at 1:37 are so funnylaugh.png

Does anyone know who they are?

IZ*One [from Peoduce48] (Sakura, Hyewon, Wonyoung and Yena [Yena don't drool]) - There is also Yuri fangirling over Wheein.

Chaewon who sang with Byul in Selfish is also their member.

MooZone heart is really happy. hahahha,

Mamamoo completed the collab with PD franchise group. MMM X IOI X WNW X IZONE.  ilikeitplz.png

Mnet is releasing some fancams of groups reacting to MAMA stages so hopefully they'll remember that Mamamoo gave the performance of the night and put out some reactions to their stage, because I need that lol.

Nothing so far though.

I need IZ*ONE not just because I like them but because they literally jaw drop - and Yuri pretty much dying when Wheein danced in front of her. So I just want to watch their entire reaction to them gonna be epic. MNET dont disappoint me.... Their reaction become meme dont drop the ball. 

I am salty, i don;t wanna be salty, but I am. I have been checking MNET channel for those special clips. warstarplz.png. I mean I am hoping, even if just bread crumbs. *sulking in a corner*

• Like 2

I'm sorry for double posting...

whats your name on twitter? you are a mooartist? Do you do commissions? 

Only asking because in oktober and november I asked several mooartists for commissions .. maybe you heard of the "1 theme/topic 3 artists" threads?

hahaha lol I somehow missed this -

I'm sorry bows deeply.

its @ kaichimoo   and yes i do accept commissions ^-^

Well, just added you but..I can't dm you at all..how am I going to ask stuff etc.. when I can't even contact you there :/ oh well..

I think to dm i need to follow you back.

Looks like many here going to fanmeet too. I'm targeting Singapore - hopefully I'll be able to make it there. rlytearpls.png 

• Like 1

Also, given that it's true the articles about 4 seasons misworded there plans for the project, what were the planning originally for the albums this year? Were the title tracks the same but not the contents of the album? Did they change the title tracks to fit this year? What do you guys think?

I think mostly same, album order is different - some of the title tracks might as well be different.

Probably something like 2cb a year still 4 seasons but 2year project. The order will then be;

spring/fall (2018)

winter/summer (2019)

Merry Christmas Moomoos.

Awesome clips from Psy Concert. ahmagahplz.png Mamamoo rlytearpls.png