Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
HimawariAmu

[Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever

Which universe you prefer?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Solar's universe you prefer?

• Princess
    • Boxer
    • Rockstar
  2. 2. Moonbyul's universe you prefer?

• Music video director
    • Choreographer
    • Entertainment CEO
  3. 3. Whee in's universe you prefer?

• Environmentalist
    • Painter
    • Indie artist
  4. 4. Hwasa's universe you prefer?

• Mother
    • Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

f(x) changed the word "Caterpillar" in some of their live performances because apparently it's a brand name (although for me it's silly because I think they didn't use the word as a brand name, but rather as simply a noun).

I don't know how did they use the word in "Sleep In The Car", though... do they use it there as a brand or as a noun? The translation of the full song lyrics hasn't been posted.

Still, I don't get this type of thing where a possibility of lawsuit outweighs the decision to alter lyrics. Like I said, it wasn't a brand they're talking about. Are these broadcast companies really that scared of lawsuit?

I hate when a common word get banned from broadcast because its somehow a brand name. Like pretty sure if someone inserted english lyrics "i want to eat an apple" it will probably be banned too. But that's the tricky thing there will be a time you cant even use a word without it being a brand name somehow - thats the annoying thing.  If you wrote a song that reference metamorphosis and somehow have English lyrics of caterpillar to butterfly - changing the word just to not be in firing range can change the meaning. That's not sitting well for me. - This is a criticism of broadcast media btw. idontthinksobetchplz.png

Edited by kaichi
  • Like 2

OMGGGG did you guys see that!!! THAT WAS SOOOOOO FREAKING GOOD.

OMGG

THEY EVEN HAD THE MINI FIRE ON THE STAGE!!

OMGGG OMGGGG their perf better trend!!

EDIT: No.1 searched on melon now!

qs71p4.jpg

Thats is why I prefer MMM releasing on Wednesday/Thursday - is that you get the perf to hype the song up immediately as with Mamamoo the song is really good but live perf somehow they make it like 100X better. WOW its lit - im on fire.

THE CHANTS ARE ON POINTT!!!!! amgplz.png  its not just loud but in tune tooo . fD4JAZe.png those Boom tiya ya ya - I feel like 1000 moos are dancing around bonfire - offering a newly slaughtered cow to the goddesses of moo.

• Like 1

idk if UOAY never got number one but, UOAY did win multiple music shows. Them winning multiple shows + it being mamamoo's first win + a lot of other first (sales, chart ranking, public reception, fandom expansion) made UOAY a hit haha. It was what brought them out of nugudom.

I think the bar is different now (as an established group and considered one of big ggs) but, I do agree that longevity is what we should aim for!!!!!!!!

But, I do think variety shows will help their performance (as they usually have). Who knows, maybe at the end of the year award shows, they'll perform Red Moon songs and it will rise from the the dead and snatch everyone's weaves.

UOAY never won on a music show. Their first Music Show win comes up With YTB [the song after UOAY] where they won almost everything for 2 weeks.

--- edit I come of a bit blunt there lol. rlytearpls.png 

Edited by kaichi

That Rainy Season stage was angelic deepstareplz.png

On a completely different note, INGA is doing such a good job with Mamamoo. Their marketing team really understands the group's charm and how to utilize it well. And they're so interactive with int-fans! RBW should learn from them.

RBW suddenly can't read - joke. I just can't help lowkey shade them sometimes.

Truthfully though INGA knows how to market. RBW should pry whoever is running their(INGA'S) PR accounts.

At this rate teh Korean Food industry should get Hwasa to do a Mukbang sponsored by them hurrplz.png

Do we know when they can be nominated for a music show?

Starting tomorrow, i think.

• Like 1

Seems like the purple parties last year was prep for this year concert set. Like they tested the reception first with the fan meet. Hope they can stay healthy this the busiest they have been the after uoay festival days.

Moos near time square - please take picture of the billboard juseyo when its up warstarplz.png

Album sales for MMM are always so bad :( Cannot even compete with the least popular bgs in that category.

Unrelated: I was reading some stuff about how big BTS's Blood, Sweat & Tears is. Kim Do Hoon (RBW CEO and primary MMM producer) has a lyric writing credit on that song, with FOUR other people. Imagine him just throwing a random line in there and now making fat bank because of it ;')

The only GG that have been able to go head to head with BGs in terms of album sales currently is Twice. MMM album sales is midtier-level among GGs.

LEt the salty ones be salty while Hwasa is selling out food left and right. dave.png  They can only dream to have as much impact as Queen God Emperor Ahn Hyejin. All the salts can be use as seasoning . hurrplz.png

• Like 2

Do you remember the first time you saw Mamamoo? The first time I saw them was in K.Will Peppermint Chocolate mv.

I was so amazed by their singing, I thought they where senior singers but when I searched for them on google there was nothing harharplz.png

Yep - I remember it exactly - this video of them singing sunset glow. The moment Hwasa walks down that corridor with the moobongs Im sold and then Im down the rabbit hole within 24 hours of watching this. In 1 week I  think I consumed as much as I can and back read this entire thread.  hurrplz.png. It was quite a revelation - if everyone remembers how prolific I am back then lol XD I am a calm moo now but i really did went that crazy phase lol.

Interesting that Mamamoo went

Retro/Jazz >> Retro - Pop  >> Pop >> Pop with Latin influence

Predebut - Mr. A - Piano Man - Ahh Oop >> UOAY - YTB >> DCM - YIA >> SN - EG

Wonder where they jump next ahmagahplz.png  Rock?  Hip hop? Modern Musical? Folk? 

I think that they will vist back their old stuff they tried before  - its a journey sometimes you return.

• Like 4

Just want to share when I started stanning Mamamoo too. I watch a reaction video of Moonsun by Californialuv in YT and I admit I first checked all the gay stuffs (sorry not sorry). Then since there are recommendations in YT, I found their Immortal Songs performances, their V Live and everything and the rest was history.

The last time I was a kpop lover was when 2NE1 was in its prime. And it's because of Dara (she's really famous here in the Philippines). But back then, I never considered my self as a black jack. 

Mamamoo makes me do things I never done to any KPOP group before. I am even considering flying to abroad just to watch their concert! 

The thing that I am most proud of is that they are beasts (in a good way) when it comes to live performances. 

That's all.warstarplz.png ilikeitplz.png

Where are you  in PH? lol. I mean I rarely see fellow PH moo here. ahmagahplz.png .

Oh so true - Im not into KPOP before Mamamoo. I only update on Lee hi and dont know anyone else. Mamamoo made me buy their album one week after knowing them. Made me do fanarts during my vacation - [wish i have that much time nowadays] and Yes I freaking flew to Taiwan for purple party. My friends are freaking shocked when I told them I'm gonna book a flight lol- they went with me to sight see in Taiwan while I watch Mamamoo and being an insufferable fangirl ahmagahplz.png .

• Like 5

^As Cahbr said ; best way is to just bookmark the threads you like and never go homepage.

• Like 1

rlytearpls.png They looking so good. I love it. I love when the brand that get Mamamoo embrace what Mamamoo is. Inga get it with their goofiness and Egoist knows the brand of girl crush they carry.

Also I want the hoodie in that pop-up store warstarplz.png but I'm... 

Even if I'm not visiting here alot - I want to say that I love Mamamoo so much and they still to this day the no.1 GG in my heart. They the only one making me want to buy things and go out in a limb to get see them. That's an achievement because I am hard press to even spend anything on things like this.   They just move me ok. so much.

• Like 1

My fellow Moos we have sniff some comeback info

Click here to view the Tweet

• Like 4

Inga's pr team promoting better than rbdub againunimpressed.png

On the comback news:

Idk about you guys but I rather wait a little longer and have mamamoo comeback at the end of november cause the start~mid of it is one big bloodbath with exo vs twice vs wannaone. Also that way they'll be promoting their song in year end award shows which will truly play to their strengths.

News is that its mid-late. which leans to maybe late November. 

kinda not comfortable seeing some moomoos being hungry for awards too. And in regards to the concert i dont think its not that bad, Twice schedule is more hectic than mamamoo and i dont see their fans having a break down like these. Sometimes moomoos are getting overboard in everything.

I strongly do not think hectic schedules should be a norm. They need to be called out.  Personally idk about Twice since i do not follow them but i also know they are also overworked since the beginning and are in due for a break/vacation. I mean look at their yes or yes fancam from mga. Digressing... The whole concert thing just seems rushed and unplanned from an outside perspective and just seems like an easy way to make money and profit of the girls. They did not even change the promo poster... like come on. I don't mind two concerts in one year. They did it before in 2017 also going back to my why F/W concert when a damn winter album is released  

you can neg anon but also put your input bc this is a forum after all 

About the hectic schedule: While chatting with friends about this issue - I realized that the entirety of KPOP this year seems to be on overdrive. Last Year - it was sort of an issue raised by some Once about Twice really hectic sched last year , but this year no one seems not much of an issue was being raised. even though i think its alot more hectic. I feel what RBW is doing , is in a way a reflection on how the entire industry seems to be in bullet train.  Like everyone[top groups] seems to have comeback 3x , concert here and there, reality shows for some, Japan debuts and Concert tours.

It;s something that is not very positive, not only to Mamamoo, the other groups as well and the industry in general being in this state. We might say this RBW being shit [which they kinda are ] , the more I step back , the more I see its the industry - being .... really terrible when it comes to scheduling in part due to intense competition that seem to be happening. I feel it might get worse in years to come.

We also [fans] are somewhat part of that , also companies by their nature are really greedy. We clamor for multiple comeback like 3-4months between, international tours.  There is also reality that Artist earnings mostly come from - touring, festival guesting and cf , rather than album/song sales.

We might in our narrow view say RBW is the worst [i'm not saying they are not bad - they are] - step back abit and you see - most of the companies are in fact equal, equally bad in this area. 

A reflection of an industry that seem considerably speed up this year. Companies who could not afford the same schedule seem to get left behind. That's quite a bad mirror to look at tbh - I'm afraid that it might implode on itself in the future. 

That's my opinion on this matter - should I put it in spoiler kind wall of texty.

• Like 3

In hindsight the reason why moos can organize something like this is that we know there is a small chance for RBW to listen and do something. Take that for what it is.

Oth I like the album title Blue;s that will be greatly boost if blues or blues inspired is the genre of it. + Points if another painting inspired title appeared.

Sigh - I would love to interact with Moos and enjoy this comeback but I know for every teaser that will drop I would read all those complains aswell. I'm not in that frame of mind to join. I'll take a leave of absence here for awhile maybe.

There is somewhat a rant in the spoiler. I am sorry about that.

There are alot of moos that say they hate Purple Era, I love that Era. Even with all the attacks that the fandom/MMM endure. Listening to YIA is give me strength. Now I'm wanting to just forget the Blue;S Era before it even start for obvious reason. It truly is the Blue;S.

I want to enjoy this comeback - but i think it will be almost impossible to do so with fellow moos at the current state. I am here to enjoy their music and performance mostly.  They are strong independent women in my eyes - they say they have inputs in production of the things they present - I will choose to believe that I guess. 

Thank you for being welcoming to me from the first time I pop-up my head here. 

• Like 4

I can't wait. This is going to sound so good. And what's more: there are no pre-released tracks so the album will be fresh materials.

Also, I've ordered my copy of Blue;S! How about you guys?

Ordered mine as well. 2 copies one is for my friend as gift though Ill be taking the posters. XD.

• Like 2