Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
HimawariAmu

[Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever

Which universe you prefer?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Solar's universe you prefer?

• Princess
    • Boxer
    • Rockstar
  2. 2. Moonbyul's universe you prefer?

• Music video director
    • Choreographer
    • Entertainment CEO
  3. 3. Whee in's universe you prefer?

• Environmentalist
    • Painter
    • Indie artist
  4. 4. Hwasa's universe you prefer?

• Mother
    • Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

^Secretly want Solar go solo Vlive so we can fish some more spoiler. hurrplz.png  I'm sorry Solar for my evil intent but you are the easiest one to get spoilers. raepfaceplz.png I am thirsty for more Mamamoo. 

Also wanna say I love Moonbyul's theme in her song Selfish. When its out I would make a person close to me listen to it its a topic she needed to hear.

I really, REALLY don't feel like they're being neglected. Having Byul go to Park Woo Sang, sit down and say "I have an idea for a song..." and then having control over the products and promotion -- it's not neglect, it's independence. I'm so happy about the level of autonomy they have within the company and the control they have over their images. People shitting on RBW for how they treat Mamamoo as individuals is... frankly, it doesn't seem like they're looking at the bigger picture. It's not a company without flaws, and they tend to be overly cautious, but "neglect" seems way off. Maybe last year it might've seemed that way with their lack of promotions, but given that it seemed to be in preparation for the current deluge, I don't think that's quite it.

Honestly to me its very evident that they have been given a degree of freedom hardly ever seen in any group specially in their own solo stuff. They are given most of the thing they ask and the girls are loving every second of it.

Solar with her concert - she planned everything - which she said she wanted. Wheein and Moonbyul with their solo aswell.  Moonsun by their nature are very detail focus. Solar wants to know every single thing in her concert and how it will flow and Moonbyul love love all this surprise, puzzles, planning its evident how excited she is for us to hear her song. Pretty sure MB herself designed the pretty kihno kit that I dont regret buying. That kind of freedom is tiring if you are not used to it.

If Im an artist I want that degree of freedom to make and create the details.

Rightnow when it come to it RBW and MMM seems to be in an understanding if MMM ask they will give it. RBW probably has baseline of what they will do on each promo [Which that baseline is probably lacking] but if the girls wish to get and do something they are given.

Heck they have flaws, they are not perfect. They pretend there are no imoos. They are very conservative in their approach to the international market. They forget small things, they don't proofread. Sometimes they are very careless. Sometimes it seems they dont know what they are doing and other times they seems to be too much on the detail. Their PR and Marketing is a disaster an annoying disaster [That Moonbyul is better of taking over that department].

Moonbyul right now has greenlight to do what she want with her solo short of spoiling the whole song and Moonbyul is taking every opportunity she can get, its very much her personality. 

Maybe we are not used to seeing this degree of involvement when it come to this stuff.

• Like 4

RBW doesn't neglect mamamoo i mean look at vromance, obroject, p.o.p , esna etccccc

They just have their very noticeable repetitive flaws (that kaichi stated) that we are not used to from a somewhat 'perfect' company  

We all want the best for Mamamoo and then fans notice those flaws and then you're like "rbw so cute" but after a while it becomes " imstupid.png rbw, what's new" 

Its not cute anymore it headache inducing rlytearpls.png at this point. To  think its something that looks like not that hard to fix.  imstupid.png

OTH : I love the kihno I dont regret buying it. I wanna get the gamepad one its so cute. I am so happy - I got my YF album finally, got the unfolded poster the one I wanted and one of the kids I coach voluntarily started the path on becoming a moomoo. No influence from me except playing few songs here and there. imstupid.png

• Like 2

ahmagahplz.png  OMG I love love Selfish. First listen Im hook and I love the MV it is so cute. I love this kind of song fun and refreshing. It's cute it makes me really happy, cool and cute. XD I am not making sense.

Listened to In My Room so Im on the opposite side this one I need a bit more listen to grow on me- I love her voice though. Guchahae acoustic is really good definitely love this version than the first one.

Proud of you MB, Moonbyul, Moonstar.

warstarplz.png  I hope our GO manage to snatch a few kihnos.

ohhAsih.png

dave.png

Rise - Rise!!!! Queeen Riseee!!!!!

Re: Bizent!? Nugu XD - Im not gonna say anything about this area anymore I already express my frustration on them.

looking at the photos i want mamamoo to try a sexy summer song next comeback. i think they could also pull-off that kind of concept

i feel we are slowly getting conditioned to seeing them in this hurrplz.png  that maybe the summer album we will get Mamamoo in this concept. Let me dream.  ok.

^Tht quickly turned into a fandom meme. She is so cute there. The whole time I watch the dance practice I was all omg this so cute, so cute XD gdi Byul you said cute is not your concept what is this. This cute is just so natural XD.

MMMXPOKEMON

Yong as Squirtle, Byul as Charmander, Wheein as Pikachu, Hwasa as sexy Bulbasaur.

Hwasa always get all those eyes girl. I love this ahmagahplz.png . Sexy Gorgeous Maknae on Stage Fluffy Cute Baby of Stage.

This remind one time when i first listen to Finally - there is a part where there is a low note adlib layer near the end and i thought it sounds like its MB took me abit for a good hour before i finally been able to hear it as Wheeins low voice.

I've always thought wheein's voice has a magical quality. Because she is the only one in the group whose voice I have mistaken as solar's and hwasa's and now... moonbyul. I don't have such problems with others' voices.

I think what makes Mamamoo voices sound so cohesive is Wheein. Despite having two other vocals that are far away from style to each other - Solar and Hwasa, Wheein bridges their voices and make Mamamoo sound Mamamoo.

I always characterize her as the core of Mamamoo - literally and figuratively.

At her high notes she melds with Solar, at airy lower tones she melds with Hwasa at the low tone with MB and and her most comfortable just boldy and powerfully Wheein. Her voice really is versatile. Alone her voice stands on her own with Mamamoo she melds everything together. In a way that makes Wheein the heart of Mamamoo.

• Like 10
  • Dislike 1

EDIT: Never mind, I find it through searching the OH archive. I just found out that you could search OH's archive just now, lmaoooo i'm a flop OH-ers XD XD XD

This is off topic, but do you guys know where do I find the thread of YamaChan that said MAMAMOO did apologize on their Moosical concert? I'm asking for a friend who tried to convince her other friend to stan MAMAMOO and show them all the receipt first since her other friend asked. I know it might be useless, but I hope at least she considered to stan...

I hope they consider :)

Edited by kaichi
  • Like 1

As sad to know as it is. I think its nice that she have been able to open up about it. Reminds me when Byul, Decalcomanie, YIA era, open up about her insecurities and troubles it leads to a more confident and happy Byul we see today. I hope that this stint of Wheein in secret Unnie will be healing to her. Sometimes just opening up about it. Also I guess the burden of being the most hyper, beagle, puppy member that the people saw eats up part of her.

She is that true - but its not all of her its just part, it showed because just how comfy she is with the other members. Because around stranger she is shy ad tentative, alone is she is contemplative.

Among Mamamoo she strikes me as the deepest thinker - specially when i heard her stories of just riding bus going around and nowhere just thinking (back in HS day). 2years ago is UOAY era the start of Mamamoo gaining popularity and people starting to have expectations about them.

Edited by kaichi
  • Like 2

They died her hair noooo, I hate that they change their hair color so fast. They always bleach it and when the comeback is over they wait only a little to dye their hair a dark color then new comeback a light color again. Why can’t they just wait in between comebacks???

It's Wheein decision to dye her hair. She said its too hard to get the root touch up and decided spontaneously to just dye it. It is so spontaneous that even Yongsun was shock.

Though I agree with your sentiment - this time though its Wheeins decision to do so.

Edited by kaichi

^Chungha trying Locos method - hurrplz.png  I hope she gets her dream collab soon aswell.

• Like 4

Lol anticipate in 4 years!!!

I thought myth says one need to mention Hwasa 4 times in different interviews to summon her to a collab. I did not know there is additional parameters harharplz.png. Few more years Chungha, few more years. 

• Like 1

also anxiously waiting here for the comeback announcement. since rbw announced four comebacks early this year i thought they already have at least two prepared comeback lined up (almost finished probably just beside mv). it seems thats not the case as they seem still deliberating and planning each one after another.

by the way starry night already reached 500 million digital index this week, the fastest for girl group in just 14 weeks (bboom bboom previously did it in 17 weeks) ahmagahplz.png

I feel something gonna drop next week/ after anniv. Probably just waiting for Solar Blossom to finish. I still stick to mid July prediction I have.

Hwasa Magnum

Click here to view the Tweet

Click here to view the Tweet

• Like 5

I had a question, I'm not sure if it's appropriate to put this here and if it isn't please tell me where I should put it.

If I were to make customized doll of the members, would you be interested in getting one? 

Maybe you can create a thread in "The Studio" section of OH ^-^ and link it here [if you want to discuss the detail of your project].

I like how my estimates are always close.

Edited by kaichi

mamamoo coming with another bop. Make it 1st or 2nd week of july please :ahmagah:

i wish i didnt checked the comments though boy that was toxic

if update is from Oh_mes dont check the comments, there are lots of salty follower there (any group). Ggzone update has more cleaner comments.

People are thinking Byul may have an injury of some kind...

Then that explains the slippers. My guess if she have an injury the closest would be an ankle sprain and her sitting down is a precaution so it wont get worst.

"Strengthen her body through exercise" seems like blatant kpop speak for "once we allow her to eat."

Like, she already gets exercise, she's not some old retiree who never leaves her couch.  But she's always been skinny as hell and they still make her diet before comebacks, and this is what happens when you've got a malnourished person doing lots of exercise.

Dont take rough trans literally. I'm sure that the exercise they are talking about are physiotherapy - the likes that when you pulled something they ask you to do to fix it. 

• Like 1

A teaser drop yet - i dont have any idea what the concept is exactly. no date. It looks like ill be kept awake from here on out till comeback.

Yayyy!! It's starting~ Looking forward to the daily teasers. Maybe we will get the date tomorrow.

So I did some investigation and found out starry night's first teaser dropped on Feb 20, just 2 weeks before the actual comeback.

Yes I am's first teaser dropped on June 7, also just 2 weeks before the actual comeback.

2 weeks from now is 9th July and it will be silly to comeback on that day so I think mamamoo's comeback will be on 18 or 19th July since they tend to like coming back mid week so they can start promoting the song almost at once ahmagahplz.png

My original prediction was 13 - 15  of July that is before I knew Twice gonna comeback that week. I think you pinned the date - Starry Night was drop Thursday. Mamamoo CB with exception to Decalcomanie (drop on Monday) are on Friday (Hello to Melting) before chart reform to disallow midnight streaming and on Thursday (Purple & Yellow Flower) after chart changes. So this make the date July 19th 6pm kst the most probable date based on Mamamoos/RBW tendencies. 

Yepp smile.png Starry night dropped on a Wednesday though so i thought it might be either 18th or 19th 6pm kst.

--

As for the teaser... I can't quite tell what kinda song they are going to comeback with besides it's going to be an upbeat summery kinda song.. I'm hoping for something like what SISTAR has put out for summer personally.

Ah you are right It March 6 wednesday. This what you get when posting pushing at pass midnight XD looking at your calendar. I rarely sleep pass midnight but when its cb season - everyday waiting for teaser im like this lol. rlytearpls.png  My sleeping pattern is wreck.

Hoho we are wrong, its gonna be a Monday release. I think that's fine too, they have hype currently.

Chungha's releasing on the same week on July 18th. And yea twice one week before on July 9th.

Summer is already so crowded! I'm excited smile.png

I hate love RBW XD - they really just go the opposite way when you think you finally understood them. They are 4th dimension trolling me. But sooo excited ahmagahplz.png  Mamamoo will be here soon yayy!!!!

• Like 1