Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
HimawariAmu

[Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever

Which universe you prefer?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Solar's universe you prefer?

• Princess
    • Boxer
    • Rockstar
  2. 2. Moonbyul's universe you prefer?

• Music video director
    • Choreographer
    • Entertainment CEO
  3. 3. Whee in's universe you prefer?

• Environmentalist
    • Painter
    • Indie artist
  4. 4. Hwasa's universe you prefer?

• Mother
    • Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

QRLGYBO.png  Me at everything in this show. Hwasa daily routine, hwasa watching and fanchanting to Starry Night, her watching her musical perf,the call. OMG they are so cute. my face aches for smiling too much. 

harharplz.png I wanna say its like WGM but seriously this miles better than any WGM ep i have manage to watch (which are very few).  

Me at both of them QRLGYBO.png  lovely, so pretty, gorgeous, cute, omg my heart. QRLGYBO.png.  The chemistry. QRLGYBO.png  
This is perfect. QRLGYBO.png

• Like 1

Lmao Loco is ready to risk it all on national television.

i mean, i would too lol. joke aside. My wow the whole ep is cuteness overload.

Loco fell hard.

A good time to share this song:

Probably when loco first met mamamoo and *coughs* fell deeply for hwasa

I really really love this song. Its on my regular playlist. I like the way you are thinking.

I really like it. Its not powerful and not meant to be. It's cute and sweet.

It gives me very musical like vibes. The choreo , the setting, everything. I think they hit their intention. I'm smiling ear to ear watching this. Watching it again for all the things they doing on stage. Its very performance like stage.  QRLGYBO.png  Me watching.  I can see this a musical about 4 girls dreaming and this that part where they learn they gonna debut and is practicing what they are gonna say to the fans, their admiration, their hopes. Just light and fluffy.

My fave IS2 are so far the one that have hit my heart and this will be up there. Love/Love Story/ Backwoods all made me cry and this one made me smile so much that my jaw is aching.  Its sweet too sweet.

They seem to have so much fun performing - they are smiling so much on it. At this point the girl are just testing every kind of performance they can create.

I love their more powerful perf - but they not my favorite stage. Whenever Mamamoo perform I am in awe. This time I'm smiling and having such a good time. 

This + HwasaxLoco - the last 24hrs of Mamamoo , they have given me sugar rush. *I'm squealing* . I'm grinning too much. I love Mamamoo. I love them so much.

• Like 3

I also liked a lot the all choreo... makes me think that they can also try to do musicals if they want to... like they can act it out when it is needed... a new thing to put away in the long list of things our girls can do

Same , I always said it will be amazing if Mamamoo can do musical. Not just that, i always secretly want MMM to do a Musical based on their own song and covers they have done(there are musicals like that right) . They have a lot of song IMO that would fit in a musical.

Whenever I watch them on bigger stage I always wow - this is like musical.

Edited by kaichi
  • Like 2

ahmagahplz.png Happy Birthday Wheein. Such a nice gift you gave us. I love that plot twist. 

My Angel, please eat happily, live healthily and never let the passion die. Draw and sing to your hearts content. We will support you.

Edited by kaichi
  • Like 3

interesting where RBW decides to pour their money. they don't really pour that much money in promotion, but then it translates to having an excess amount to pour into music videos and solo debuts?

I remember there was a conversation in this thread about the possibility of having more music videos for yellow flower, but it would be too much money.

It is, but we're now seeing it being translated into Solar solgam MVs and just recently wheein's MV.

I mean, wheein had brand names and CGI.

I was expecting low budget level of MV.

I don't really see a pattern with RBW strategy right now.

I just enjoy the ride. No use trying to predict XD. RBW is so random. I think they just do what they feel they wanna do or if the girls request for anything. I dont follow the PR release that much anymore - because they dont even know how to put proper spin in what they do; because sometimes feels they dont really know exactly what they doing they just do it.

I just wait and watch - stress free and surprising.

• Like 2

I'll stick to my original theory: That this year is all about building the MAMAMOO brand strong in SK and to introduce the idea of each member going solo to gen pub. (Giving them a taste of what they can offer). So far all strategy have been pointing out to this.

Like already mentioned before that i feel that 2019 will be when they really do a proper solo. I did take back on this prediction when they announced Wheein but after having a feeling and being prove that it was a solo song it just affirm my theory. 

About the concert i feel it was planned right after the conclusion of Solar Gamsung and the release of that CD.  

Right now - I think RBW have a vision and goal, an overview of what they going to do. With specific point and rough date estimation. What they don't have is specifics. I'm pretty sure they consult the girls every step of the way and listen to them as well. Honestly it gives me a feeling they fulfilling their wishes. As Hwasa said she hope that they able to pull through their plan for the whole year safely. That gave me a hint they already have that rough vision. 

Observing them, RBW strike me as conservative in their strategy but once they do go ahead with something they are quite stubborn and bullish.

Admittedly where they falter and doing really bad is executing the said plan and communicating the said plan to the fans and public (PR). They are putting alot of money, investing alot of money to Mamamoo - I would not call them bad to the point of evil (and i shade them alot tbh - jokingly and seriously). They have this vision they are clumsily executing and communicating it making it looks like they don't know what they are doing at the moment at the same time as if they already think about it far ahead.

Execution and Communication this are the two things that are really a weakness of them imstupid.png .
They know where to go and how , it can be done alot easier yet they choose to backflip, do a cartwheel and subsequently stumble to get there.  They could have pulled the plan alot better why does they need to make it so difficult for themselves.

I don't and can't see a company that can give MMM this much freedom - so I don't recommend them transferring the only option I agree is for them to make their own agency instead if they think that is a far better option. 

Remember this is the company that made that perfect timing during the new year of making MB sing, releasing paint me teaser of MB singing and those clues. They can be brilliant yet at the same time foolish and clueless. Honestly they make me go what are you doing to oh thats brilliant so thats what you are trying to do all this time but why you need to do those ridiculous spin before getting here. 

They could be better, they could have done better, they could have make it much easier for us to understand at the same time I don't think they are the worse. 

Me and friends do joke that RBW make decision either based on a wheel or a magic 8 ball imstupid.png  sometimes that does not feel that far of.

• Like 3

Anyone manage to survive the barage.
Wheein twitter event, Hwasa x Loco, Solar at concert. Solar Gamsung teaser dropping at 11pm my time and the universe seem to join the fun and manage to make Hwasa song to start with Solar and they ended at the same time. fD4JAZe.png 
There is too much content.

Accurate representation of me right now.

chochuisdead2_by_kaichi1342_damyb8h_by_k

Edited by kaichi
  • Like 3

rlytearpls.png Yayyyy!!!!  Hyejin killing it.

MB and Sol up next. In span of a month all 4 have released their solo endeavors. Maybe this was what they wanted all along to give us taste of each of what each of them has to offer while carrying the Mamamoo brand on its own.

After all this and before the summer comeback - seeing all of them in top 100. I dont want to set my hopes high; but whenever I set something they break it.  

Trust and Listen to Mamamoo - will not only apply to group alone but to each individual members aswell.

• Like 3

rlytearpls.png  No. 1

• Like 2

Chiming in - I was quite conflicted with Wheein - solo. One I already expected it to be Digital Single Album or Solo from the get go; because of how the things planned for the year and I already expecting a June comeback based on my counting - did not want her to go to music show. Music Show is tiring - thats why with this scheduled releases I don't want her to go.  With RBW keeping dropping things from Maeil Bio, etc.. announcement. I kinda see they have one primary purpose and thats to keep MMM name out there as much as possible until the next planned group CB. It's highly debatable if they are doing a good job on that or executing it properly. They are succeeding in getting things out there and keeping MMM brand buzzing everyday. Wheein performance on a chart on its own in a further view is quite successful [other people group would kill to get that kind of charting]. *TLDR: What i thought will happen happened*

OTH they are stumbling still - they could have done alot better. 1.) I want RBW to release their teaser with a bit more logic to it. 2.) Stop with their horrible PR spins that causes misunderstanding [even though I'm starting to understand them] 3.) Have better communication to fans for surprise schedule if ever an invitation comes up in the last minute. 4.) Avoid those irritating small mistakes, such as misspelling forgetting a members name, forgetting a featuring name, etc.

This are things RBW has control over. TV appearances etc, on the other hand; when they will appear, their cuts, when it will show. They can only calculate that. I doubt they planned or even thought that Hwasa and Solar would sing at almost the same time. I will only complain on things they have control.

Regarding song choices: I would like to remind you guys that at this point its up to MMM what song they would want to release. Wheein is on record of saying as soon as she heard Easy she want to record it. MMM are not given songs they are presented with them/ or they made them and they have veto power.

I am not a person of extremes: There are knee-jerk unnecessary complains and there are legitimate complains. The legitimate ones get buried in the shouting session people on twitter participate. Most things are usually in the middle. If I would give criticism I would rather aswell try give my piece of solution.

About being tired: From 2016 to now what I see from MMM they never really a group designed for long vacation. They do get bored easily and wants to work on their craft as much as they can. When you work on something you love and pour yourself on it you get this feeling of you forget what time it is and before you know it, its the next day. i.e. What MoonSun is doing now with their respective project, and what Wheesa have gone through with theirs. I don't have complain about the schedule - they have alot of content out but actually have pretty sparse schedule wise. Outside of prep for next album(which probably run like our day jobs). Its good for Solar to get on the 7080 concert alone as a practice for her concert. For me its actually an area that RBW have done well.

• Like 8

I agree about the other points though but that's how it is with most fandoms; the complaints become contradictory after a while.

Thats true. I guess people complain on things and never look if it becomes contradictory. Like wanting more standard promotion and not wanting their faves to get tired.

• Like 3

Congratulations to Hwa Sa and Loco for the No.1!! Woke up to great news ^^

... but why is the thread suddenly full of wheein complaints??

Can't we just appreciate this achievement for once in peace, is not like it's suddenly news wheein wasn't going to promote in music shows? I'm so confused

I swear ppl were complaining hwasa wasn't getting promoted last week (and there are still no plans for her too) but dang grass is always greener at the other side of the lawn I guess

I don't know. XD. That's why I actually like that they went one after the other. Though I was wondering the reason that Hwasa was not announce is because they have this song planned - but the guesting kinda get spoiled earlier than they liked. Making all 4 member getting a solo endeavor in span of a month, to keep buzz going.  I should really make a rule after Solars release to stop reading after 2hours. Because it seems that after the initial happiness some people just want to get really down.

tumblr_oknktehBON1vksaceo3_500.gif

2ND REAL TIME ALL KILL!

wooooo yayyy!!!!! ahmagahplz.png

• Like 2

Lets enjoy some LoSa goodness. rlytearpls.png  I am smelling a roofhit.

I agree though like you much of what I see are people expecting too much.

I can also say part of it is RBW horrible and easily misunderstood PR spins. How I learned to decipher them is just to take the main detail. Thats the reason why I was not disappointment on Wheeins release because it is like exactly what I thought it will be. The radio guesting actually surprise me.

Rather than more teaser, I want them to release with a bit more logic to it. If its everyday do it everyday, if its every other day do it every other day.  [Though i think there really is something that happened that 3 day no teaser - since they announce personal circumstances for Wheein].  Cut down on small mistakes. Whoever you are poor intern who is getting hunted by the ghost inside RBW please do read twice before posting.

For me Paint Me teaser release cycle is almost perfect -with it matching the award show performance- with very small nit pick that I wish they separated MB and group teaser.

Edited by kaichi
  • Like 2

Hyejin absolutely killing it. rlytearpls.png 

• Like 3

Oh wow, those ULs are amazing!

Hyejin's first really prominent collab and it is doing astoundingly well. rlytearpls.png

Her, Loco and Woogie must be ecstatic right now.

Girls will probably bother the maknae and ask her to pay for a Korean beef meal now that she's a #1 singer. imhappyplz.png

They probably did. If they get to eat that I hope MB or WH get us some footage. hurrplz.png  Get us some meokbang goodness.

• Like 2

also the UL are not only going strong but increasing still amgplz.png

and this is interesting... we all noticed how Solar has improving her vocal stability... but seems that she is making all her singing stronger and more varied... keep on hitting new notes!!!!!

ahmagahplz.pngahmagahplz.pngahmagahplz.pngahmagahplz.png

I expect it to be alot more tomorrow. 800k+ is amazing/ unbelievable amgplz.png number considering its SUNDAY where it usually is down/lowest UL numbers in the weak usually is on Sunday.

Tomorrow I bet for higher. Ill go higher it will kick the roof for sure. I will wake up to a Hwasa x Loco roof demolition. dave.png

rlytearpls.png  Solar makes me cryy - my heart her low notes are lovely. I really like that Mamamoo are developing the lower end of their range too.

Edited by kaichi
  • Like 1

seems like you only need to ask for it Kaichi LOL fD4JAZe.png things have increased already...more than 900k rlytearpls.png

you are kind of magical raepfaceplz.png keep on making predictions and turn them into becoming a reality please...

ahmagahplz.pngahmagahplz.pngahmagahplz.pngahmagahplz.png

Lol I only look at trajectories and trend and lousily shoot the moon on what I think can happen lmao. Wow my estimate is conservative (900 for tom was wht im thinking). In the back of my mind I want to see a million but for me thats something far but this song is demolishing my prediction. amgplz.png 

When I get some cash - gotta get that melon pass of mine renewed.ahmagahplz.png  Gotta support all of them more.

• Like 1

rlytearpls.png OMG - This is amazingg!!!!.

• Like 1

warstarplz.png  Im sad about the melon chart update. I understand its a measure against sajaegi. But I legit love getting the 30 mp3 and dling and listening to alot of other artist discography. I discovered alot of artist with it while streaming MMM. rlytearpls.png  

• Like 1

Two days I stream , Two days I smiled like a silly little kid - grinning ear to ear. Im only hearing her voice, their voices - not understanding much and it still impact me alot.  I would love to be any member solo concert , Mamamoo concert. It seems it really fun to sit there and watch and just jam. 

Big booty is now my unreleased fave in Mamamoo collection of unrelease / potential song taking over Im your fan who took over sleep in the car. I like how Big booty is reminiscent of their earlier sound I specially love that one bit in the end where she goes back and fort with the brass player (I dont know what instrument). This is her composition right - Producer Solar is growing. I cant wait to see that come to fruition as well as watch the other take a leap too. rlytearpls.png 

People can say what they want but as long as Mamamoo make me feel this way - I will watch my happiness - its mine. Mamamoo will continue to trek - along the way are people who will try pull them down because they are not the image of idol success they get used too. They are women, confident in their ability, not afraid to experiment, not afraid to admit they have flaws and working on it. Mamamoo follows their own pace , sing in their own music - dance to a beat only they knew, independent of what others do or say.  More than the numbers [Which are good and heartwarming to see] them being unabashedly themselves and succeeding in that way is so satisfying.

They are every bit the beagle we see, the performer we watch, the artist that work on their craft, the introverted shy people they claim to be, the hardworking person behind the scene. Everybit of that , Every bit is Mamamoo. Thank you for always and never failing to make me smile and enjoy my day.  

Also WOW that Big booty dance move - stop attacking me - thats too much for my soul.

• Like 8

GUYSSS ALL THE FANSITES WENT OFF. IM SO OVERWHELMED

and jesus christ, i'm just so proud of solar. she worked so hard for this. i hope she had fun and she rests well, and HOLY YONGSUN, ITS MASS CONTENT OVERLOAD AFTER THIS CONCERT I'M CRYING

Listening to the stream and watching the parts i manage to watch its evident that yes the SUN have so much fun. I hope as well she take a good long sleep tonight and feel satisfied at the work she have accomplished. Solar sounded like a person seeing her plan succeed just that pure joy in her voice I can hear.

So they got the long awaited beer cf, I need them to get chicken and have a show where they just eat and talk and goof around. hurrplz.png

• Like 3

There was alot of issues last year with the box - and yeah shipping is expensive, its the superfast 1 week EMS shipping [arrives 2 days after the order is confirmed to be dispatched for my order].   True its irritating even my rational side lmao.0u0plz.png  On positive note - saves me money to spend on albums.

OTH on just an observation perspective it looks like determine that they dont have enough capability to carry on again, given the disaster last year and answering on those issues specially one cause by local customs. They could have went on and invest on strengthening bizent international side by hiring dedicated english customer service and looking at the practices of korean based kpop shop [if i recall ktown4u is based in SK]. Wonder how financially feasible such move is. Outside of the membership box how many order on average could they get from the i-side to justify such a move.

TBH for now I would rather they fix all the issue in I-Bizent and solidify the structure of the said online store before they attempt to hold international order. Open the membership ordering to other store probably.  If you open such a store make sure you can manage it, RBW. imstupid.png 

Moos remember to tame expectation specially on the number of songs or we might get dissapointed when our expectations on how many songs ended up not fulfilled even though it was not promised. 

Wow we are so well fed - we getting some more music. I will not be dissapointed if this "album" ended up just like how Whee is. Getting this much music is already a blessing. My guess a digital album - with 1 or 2 song possibly "in my room" and the one with Seulgi :)