Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
HimawariAmu

[Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever

Which universe you prefer?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Solar's universe you prefer?

• Princess
    • Boxer
    • Rockstar
  2. 2. Moonbyul's universe you prefer?

• Music video director
    • Choreographer
    • Entertainment CEO
  3. 3. Whee in's universe you prefer?

• Environmentalist
    • Painter
    • Indie artist
  4. 4. Hwasa's universe you prefer?

• Mother
    • Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

I gotta sleep now since tomorrow I gotta go to work. But I'm sure I'll be having a good night sleep knowing that Decalcomanie slayed me to the bones.

I would like to personally thank Kayden because I believe ha prayers are answered.

The controversial scene is now eradicated from the face of the Earth and most radishes across the globe rejoice.

595.gif

one of the posters at the showcase today.

their outfits :rlytearpls:  moonbyul's waist  :rlytearpls: hyejinnnnnn  :rlytearpls:

I'm glad RBW listened to the fans and removed that scene. They also better give me a HD version of this picture or else...  :ohpressor:

Cwqy6qdUAAAWYVf.jpg:orig

I live and I die for Hwasa's thighs.

• Like 2

Personal ranking on the current release:

1. Draw Draw Draw

2. Never Letting Go

3. Decalcomanie

4. Angel

5. New York

6. A Day I Look Forward To (Woo Hoo)

7. Moderato

8. Dab Dab

I've placed Draw Draw Draw on first place since I like this kind of song. The stripped slow jazz song with the sound of bass in the opening is just eargasmic. Definitely what I enjoy most from Mamamoo. I just wished they made a MV for this song, or at least perform the song in the comeback stage just once, and my life will feel absolutely complete.

Never Letting Go is second since I consider this song as a thank you song from Mamamoo to all radishes across the globe. It's the anthem. On top of that, the musical arrangement is amazing as well. The MV... well, I always have to prepare lots of tissues because when Solar's voice cracks up due to crying, that gets me everytime.

Now, I know most radishes here adore Moderato. But placing it second to last doesn't mean I hate it. It's a great song as well, but there are two elements to the song that make me kinda like it less. First is the rapping. There are several rappers whose voice and rapping style I like, but I don't think I'm sold for Hash Swan (No offense to Hash Swan's fans here! Just my opinion.) Well, it can be said that Has Swan's rapping kinda destroy the song. Could've been different if it were Verbal Jint. And the second one is the song itself. It kinda reminds me of Mariah Carey's songs. Not that I dislike it, it's just not my cup of tea. Still, I applaud Wheein for her solo. It's just a shame that I don't really like it. But I've only listened to it a couple of times. Probably I'll change my stance later.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

I just ordered my copy of Memory! I'll have to wait around 2 or 3 weeks. Meanwhile, I'm jamming to Decal, Never Letting Go and DDD.

CwuZN5FUoAAn2vx.jpg

bookmarked, saved, liked the tweet. because i'll probably need to read this again when i decide to come out to my family.

giphy.gif

This is so relevant to me right now since my workplace is filled with backstabbing, foul-mouthed bitches. I pray that I have the strength to get through it all and to be able to share my ups and downs with few people that I can trust.

?fname=http%3A%2F%2Fcfile269.uf.daum.net

tumblr_n7mwawp4rL1ssbvp5o1_400.gif

HWASA JUST STOLE MY SOUL!

It better or I'm going to start smashing every Melon I see from now on.

I know you're joking but don't smash those innocent Melons! I love melons and "melons"

Solar's face in that reaction video is priceless. EC74g9i.gifEC74g9i.gifEC74g9i.gif

Edited by AbsoluteGarbage

I'm not trying to be negative but Solar's high note at the end of the performance didn't end pretty well. Sounds like she was tired or out of breath. I hope she's okay and her vocal cords are not too strained.

Nevertheless, I like it. Maybe it needs to be replayed a couple of times. And maybe once I learn about the lyrics, I'll grow to love it just like I did with this performance.

Once I learn that the song was about a love story that couldn't come true, I cried as I watched and listened to them singing since it really hit home.

Well, Mamamoo has appeared 9 times! What an achievement.

Do any of you guys know if there are other singers who have appeared frequently like Mamamoo?

About Mamamoo's performance, despite some good moments in it, I feel like the arrangement is a little bit messy this time...Moonbyul rap isn't smooth like usual and kind of interrupting the flow of the song. Solar and Hwasa voice aren't in the good condition as usual. Their harmony aren't highlighted much. Still, a good performance but comparing with their other performance...it's below average.

I have to agree with you on several points you've said there. While it's a beautiful song and they did sing quite beautifully, I have to say that their performance this time was somehow a bit weak than their past performances, even for a ballad. To be fair, I'm comparing this performance with this one and this one since these songs are all ballads.

Their harmonies were on point, there was no question about it, but there are several things that I noticed after I watch the performance over and over again.

- Solar's voice cracked a bit by the end of the final high note. Probably because she ran out of breath, or her vocal cords were a bit tired and strained.

- Moonbyul's second rap verse ended a bit abruptly and it didn't really flow well with the song.

- Hwasa seemed to be starting her verse with a bit of doubt, as evident at 4:29.

Even so, I can't say the arrangement was messy. The one thing that was off for me in general was how they delivered it. I'm sure they have planned the arrangement to be great as always, but sometimes plans don't get delivered pretty well, and that is the case for this one, in my opinion. But on top of that, I too have to praise Wheein for her performance. She really stood out, despite the fact Solar sang the majority of high notes in that performance.

I'll still enjoy the song, but that's how I've always been - I don't just enjoy my fave's performances, but I like to criticize them as well if there are things that I find a bit off or dissatisfactory. Nevertheless, they've done well and I have to say I love the outfits they're wearing this time.

On the other hand, they did an AMAZING job with the medley. It was brilliant. I also want them to make a studio version out of this, but I don't know if that's possible, considering the royalties for the songs used.

please give us hwasa sexy cleaning lol

omg im actually squealing like a little basic. YAS

OMG YES FOR THIS FAM!

I think the audience can get along with the performances since Mamamoo's stage presence is different than most Kpop girl groups. Their performance is universal - even we all know that Mamamoo has gained recognition from people of different age groups, from teens to even adults. And I assume that most audience in that event perceive Kpop idols as those who perform for teenagers (I read in one thread somewhere whose OP claims that Kpop is indeed targeted for pre-teens to early 20s, so my logical reasoning connects both notions since it's logical for me).

I can see why it's awkward, but I'm glad that Mamamoo's performances are pretty well received (which is seemingly rare for Kpop groups) since their demography is expanded and not necessarily limited. YTB may be a little bit cheerful, but Decalcomanie is rather serious and mature.

I remember watching SNSD perform one of their songs (was it The Boys or Mr. Taxi?) to the same audience, if I'm not mistaken, and the audience were so stern-looking and rigid as fuck. Even SNSD got that kind of reaction.

^ If Wheein is my inner beagle, Hwasa is my inner confidence. She knows how to perform, even amongst audience who are "difficult".

By the way, MY MEMORY ALBUM JUST ARRIVED! I'M SO EXCITED AS FUCK SOMEBODY PLEASE HOLD ME, I'M NOT READY

I'll post the pictures later after I am brought back to life!

INrWe4E.jpg

hY72fbq.jpg

I got Byul's photocard!

I also got a poster, but I put it in a safe, holy place. But this picture is the poster I get:

224219_l.jpg​

• Like 5

im jealous. why I no have mine yet? okay fair play mine takes forever but im jelly nonetheless

Be patient, fam. Meanwhile, fap to admire the beauty of your own waifu

I also just got my album!!

d4de66f93479ded4af5964ec03293a0a.jpg

For some reason I always get the group photocards..... :rlytearpls:

And this is the poster I chose:

81d2578db45b200bcf7957df4c48207f.jpg

I WANT THAT POSTER BECAUSE HWASA'S THIGHS NNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I've heard many people (including me) saying how Moderato has an unfortunate rap, so there was a kind soul on OH here that accepted my request of cropping the rapper's voice out lol.

Disclaimer: Obviously I guess try not to upload it on YT or w/e, inb4 copyright strikes. Like just listen to it I guess and not upload it elsewhere? I don't mean to disrespect the rapper, I only asked him to do it so I could enjoy Moderato better.

If anyone's interested in the link:

My hero

LMFAO

It feels just like when Hashbrown started to rap, he got cut off by Wheein singing again

Thanks for this, you're the MVP (third best following YOONGI and PaboSomething) BLESS!

I LOVE IT! And look at the crowd, they're screaming for more!

Honestly, I think the first four guys in YTB performance were for comedic effect. The girls were wearing suits whereas the boys wearing female outfits. It's crossdressing (all the more reasons to show that Mamamoo are indeed LGBT-friendly and I thank them for this).

But I don't get the guys walking around during DeCom performance. Anyway, the girls' performances were...

Hands down.

• Like 2

Today's performance was such a treat. New intro, the outfits, and most importantly, Hwasa's thighs...

They skipped Wheein's verse but that's okay since the vocal line shouldn't overwork their vocal cords too much.

By the way, I'm still waiting for the lyrics to their latest Immortal Songs performance. I tried to find it by myself but I can't read Hangul. I hope someone can put up the lyrics. I'm not actually waiting for the translations, but I really want to know the romanized lyrics.

Here you go, haven't used any of the standard romanization schemes but I think it's mostly close enough:

[solar]

구름 저 멀리 해를 가리고

gureum jeo meolli haereul garigo

그대 홀로 ìžˆì„ ë•Œ

geudae hollo isseul ddae

내게 ë§í•´ìš”,

nae ge malhaeyo

그대를 위로 할께요

geudaereul uiro halggeyo

[Wheein]

해는 저물어 ë°¤ì´ ì˜¤ê³ 

hae neun jeomuleo bami ogo

홀로 ì´ ë°¤ ì§€ìƒ ë•Œ

hollo i bam jisael ddae

내게 ë§í•´ìš”,

nae ge malhae yo

ê·¸ëŒ€ì˜ ì¹œêµ¬ ë ê»˜ìš”

geudae-eui chingu doilggeyo

[Hwasa]

세ìƒì€ 외롭고 쓸쓸해

sesangeun oirobgo sseulsseulhae

때로는 ì¹œêµ¬ë„ í•„ìš”í•´

ddaeroneun chingudo pilyohae

[Wheein]

그대 멀리 떠난다해ë„

geudae meolli ddeonanda haedo

[Hwasa]

난 언제나

nan eonjena

그대 ê³ìœ¼ë¡œ

geudae gyeoteuro

[solar / Hwasa]

달려 갈래요

dalleo gallaeyo

[Moonbyul]

눈뜨고 눈 ê°ëŠ” 날까지 ë‚œ 그대 ìƒê°í• ëž˜ìš”

nunddeugo nun gamneun nalggaji nan geudae saenggag-hallaeyo

언제나 그대 ë‚´ê³ì— 있어줘요

eonjena geudae naegyeot-e isseojweoyo

외롭지 않게 안아줄게

oirobji anhge anajulge

추운 계울 ë„ˆë§Œì„ ìœ„í•œ

chu-un gye-ul neomaneul uihan

따뜻한 ì†ë‚œë¡œê°€

ddaddeuthan sonnanroga

ë˜ì–´ì¤„게 oh my love

doi-eojulge oh my love

ë‚´ê°€ ì´ìœ  ì—†ì´ ë„ ë¯¿ëŠ” ì´ìœ 

naega iyu eobsi neol midneun iyu

그리고 ë‚´ê°€ ì´ ì„¸ìƒì— 존제하는 단 í•˜ë‚˜ì˜ ì¦ê±° is you

geurigo naega i sesange jonjehaneun dan hana-eui jeunggeo is you

WI

해는 저물어 ë°¤ì´ ì˜¤ê³ 

hae neun jeomuleo bami ogo

[Hwasa]

홀로 ì´ ë°¤ ì§€ìƒ ë•Œ

hollo i bam jisael ddae

[ALL]

내게 ë§í•´ìš”,

nae ge malhae yo

[solar]

ê·¸ëŒ€ì˜ ì¹œêµ¬ ë ê»˜ìš”

geudae-eui chingu doilggeyo

[solar / Wheein]

세ìƒì€ 외롭고 쓸쓸해

때로는 ì¹œêµ¬ë„ í•„ìš”í•´

[Hwasa]

그대 멀리 떠난다해ë„

[solar / Hwasa]

난 언제나

nan eonjena

그대 ê³ìœ¼ë¡œ

geudae gyeoteuro

[Wheein / Solar]

달려 갈래요

dalleo gallaeyo

[Moon Byul]

ë‚™ì—½ì´ ë–¨ì–´ì§ˆ 때쯤

nagyeobi ddeleojil ddaejjeum

그때 다시 ë§í•´ì¤˜

geuddae dasi malhaejweo

ë„ ìœ„í•´ ë‹´ì•„ë‘” 겨울

neol uihae damadon gyeo-ul

그리고 봄 여름 다 보여줄게

geurigo bom yeoreum da boyeojulge

언제나 그대 ë‚´ ê³ì— 머물러줘요

eonjena geudae nae gyeote meomuleojweoyo

ì´ë°¤ì´ ê¹Šì–´ê°ˆìˆ˜ë¡ ë‚´ ë§˜ì€ ë” ê¹Šì–´ë§Œ 가네

i-bami gipeogalsurog nae mameun deo gipeoman gane

여전히 ì´ ë°¤ì€ ê·¸ëŒ€ë¡œ ê°€ë“í•´

yeojeonhi I bameun geudaero gadeughae

[Hwasa]

세ìƒì€

sesangeun

[solar / Hwasa]

외롭고 쓸쓸해

oirobgo sseulsseulhae

[Hwasa / Wheein]

때로는 ì¹œêµ¬ë„ í•„ìš”í•´

[solar]

그대 멀리

geudae meolli

[Wheein]

떠난다해ë„

ddeonanda haedo

난 언제나

nan eonjena

[solar]

그대 ê³ìœ¼ë¡œ

geudae gyeoteuro

[Hwasa]

세ìƒì€

[Wheein / Hwasa]

외롭고 쓸쓸해

[Hwasa]

때로는

[Hwasa / Solar]

ì¹œêµ¬ë„ í•„ìš”í•´

[Hwasa / Wheein]

그대 멀리 떠난다해ë„

[Hwasa]

ë‚œ 언제나 그대 ê³ìœ¼ë¡œ

nan eonjena geudae gyeoteuro

[solar]

달려 갈래요

dallyeo gallaeyo

WI

달려 갈래요

dallyeo gallaeyo

[solar]

달려 갈래요

dallyeo gallaeyo

First post ever here, be gentle :)

Thank you so much for this! You did a great job with this one and I'm very thankful for this. Now other iMooMoos and I can sing along to this song. Once again, thank you very much! 

Wheepup and ggomo :lol: this is too adorable

"Namjachingu"

It's weird how Wheein is my spirit beagle yet she is also a cat person. She is so versatile

Just want to drop this:

It's not the entire song, just the chorus. But it sounds so beautiful as always. This is one of my favourite YT channel since their music box renditions are always beautiful.

I hope Solar's okay! Kayden, it's time to take care your waifu. Don't let Byulie cockblock you LMFAO

• Like 1

Just watched their Music Bank performance and I felt there was something familiar with them. It turns out...

tCGGN6I.jpg

fx+red+light.jpg

Those of you who see the resemblance, I salute you!

Cheap f(mamamoo) lmfao

• Like 1

Finally, OH is back. I've missed you guys.

It seems I've missed a lot of things. But I read in their Wikipedia page that Decalcomanie earned one win at The Show?

Also, can anyone please fill me out on the infos for the past 3 weeks that OH was down? I'm so lost...

Also, Merry Christmas to my fellow radishes!