Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
HimawariAmu

[Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever

Which universe you prefer?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Solar's universe you prefer?

• Princess
    • Boxer
    • Rockstar
  2. 2. Moonbyul's universe you prefer?

• Music video director
    • Choreographer
    • Entertainment CEO
  3. 3. Whee in's universe you prefer?

• Environmentalist
    • Painter
    • Indie artist
  4. 4. Hwasa's universe you prefer?

• Mother
    • Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

Can I just take a moment to express here how I continue to be amazed by UOAY's chart longevity? I think Athena touched on it earlier, but after almost three months of charting, UOAY is actually gaining momentum. That's despite big releases from almost every big name out there. 

Last month I saw the song charting in the 33-34 range for most of the day.

Today it's back up to 20 and SNSD and APink (for now) are the only girl groups with a single on melon that has more likes. 

If Mamamoo comes back this year, their song may legitimately still be in the top 30. That's just the craziest thing to me.

And now I'm more salty they didn't get at least one music show win!

Edited by YamaChan
  • Like 2

I'm actually the least worried about Moonbyul. Her legion of fangirls is starting to become massive. She'll find her individual niche and excel at it.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

^LOL, the maknaes know how to party.

IF Mamamoo cosplays for that video game ost, I'll be dead! 

And before I go to school, I'll just leave this here. 4th Mamamoo crack!

Kamyeong! :chu:

These are really good. Loved every one of them.

AMA is going on right now all. It must be fate that I passed out this evening and literally woke up 5 minutes before they started responding to questions. 

Gotta say I love whoever is typing their answers. Even adding little details like them laughing etc.

Nooooo Moonbyul again with Iggy Azalea lol

Kanye is a little better. Purely when it comes to music. I don't mind Moonbyul emulating the best traits of Kanye West. Iggy though? Ehhhh. 

So many new fans in this topic over the last couple of days. Mamamoo and RBW must be doing something right. Welcome to everyone.

It's never too late to join the Moo Party! 

tumblr_nusd3ixlGV1ucdf4bo2_540.gif

I don't know if this is stated in the link (at work), but when is it? Before the concert? After?

The free concert is on the 3rd @ 9pm

The fanmeeting is on the 4th at 4pm

*adjusts plane departure date*

I did it for the love.

Can I just say that, with us being past the three month plateau officially, it is absolutely insane that UOAY is still a top 25 song during peak hours? 

Could any of us have imagined a meteoric rise like this after the modest performance of Piano Man and Ah Oop! ? 

Mamamoo is crushing it.

Edited by YamaChan

How does the show work? Did they both already perform?

Wheein sang the first round, and Hwasa will the second. If she passes, I believe they'll keep alternating till one of them fails and then the one who failed gets to sing the song again before they're completely eliminated? I'm really not sure, but that's what I grasped from an article I saw of Wendy singing the song she failed afterwards.

Neat. All I get from that is we'll get a lot of great singing from the Maknae line. Of course I'll be cheering for victory, but I don't know who the competition is. 

I'd watch the live stream, but it runs three seconds at best before having to buffer.

I can't watch v app live >.< lag lag lag I give up... I'm just thankful Miss Pluto is back and she's updating on twitter and she's losing it now because of too much Moonsun. haha. 

Oh, and look! Mamamoo is now at #9 on  girl groups fancafe ranks!

CPWA2JEUAAEyXZf.jpg

:ahmagah:  :ahmagah:

The top 5 is within our grasps. I will lust for no more than that.

I feel compelled to welcome all the new Moos! More than I can keep track of. I feel like this Mamamoo thread has become a microcosm of their bolstering Korean fancafe numbers. It's amazing to see how things have progressed from where things began. 

I personally saw the light a couple months before their Piano Man promotions, and I haven't been the same since. In a good way.

To the new Moos, like me, you won't regret becoming Mamamoo fans officially. These girls have fantastic talent, of course, but it's really their fun, vibrant personality and very obvious passion for music and authenticity that will keep you around.

There's plenty of talented groups out there but only one Mamamoo.

For those who were worried about Mamamoo coming back too soon, I think you can take solace in Moonbyul confirming they will not get the opportunity to promote at the same time as f(x) (still no Moonstal opportunities  :cry: ). We know f(x) is coming back next month, and I wouldn't be surprised if their promotion cycle runs into early November as well.

So that leaves Mamamoo for a mid-November/December comeback, if it's going to happen, which they think it will. All they've said is "sometime in 2015", but we're quickly running out of 2015, so I'm anticipating a end of year comeback.

Given how many activities they've been involved in lately, I'm okay with that.

To any MOOMOO's going to the LA fanmeeting next Sunday, you buy your tickets here: http://www.axs.com/events/292662/mamamoo-tickets?skin=thefonda

Ticketmaster doesn't have them

Yeah, what a disaster MyMusicTaste has been with their organization. Probably a lot of angry MooMoos who are still wondering why the tickets haven't shown up after almost 40 minutes.

Well I shelled out the cash for the VIP tickets. Going all-in for this. Anybody else here going to see Mamamoo in LA?

Take lotsa high def pictures please. :rlytearpls:

And have fun! :)

Most certainly will! I'm going over  how I imagine what the interactions with Mamamoo will be like, but I really don't know the best way to approach this, since they don't speak fluent English. 

My approach so far will be to keep my English basic. My studied Asian language of choice is Japanese, so I won't be able to hold any conversation in Korean. 

Happy 600 pages, everybody! And welcome to the new batch of new Moos! 

Not a bad time to become a Mamamoo fan, as they go through one of the best promotion cycles I've seen since I started being a K-Pop fan. 

They don't even need a comeback this year. 

• Like 1

Man, this thread has been MOVING lately. I'm barely keeping up! And I love it.

Also, can I just say I find Mamamoo's shout-out to their possibly deranged fan to be one of the best things I've seen them do? That's just absolutely amazing fanservice. They're such an awesome group when it comes to showing their supportive fans love. 

It was so awesome to me that I had to make a topic for it.

Hoping they get plenty of rest before their LA trip. I still have no idea what I'll say or do when I see them, so I will probably ad-lib and just follow my Mamamoo feelings.

Or turn into that fangirl from their jeju performance. Hopefully not.

That was amazing!

I was crowded right beneath the stage pinned in with a bunch of very passionate moos (and I have the battle scars to show it), but it was absolutely worth it.

Hwasa really worked the crowd well, even with a malfunctioning mic. And dancing queen Yong sun showed up and made a cute dance mistake during uoay. Moonbyul legion was strong and I think she was surprised in a good way by the support. Sucked to see Wheein in a chair but she was sitting right in front of us and gave so much fanservice.

I'll be more coherent about this when I'm not eating delicious meat at an all you can eat bulgolgi spot.

In short that was fucking awesome and worth the trip.

Edit: I'll try to upload some pictures and videos. I can't imagine too many people had a better seat. I'm not the best camera man though

Edited by YamaChan
  • Like 4

My video will have to wait. I'm far from home, but here's a picture of the girls from where I was sitting.

Prime real estate

SY4sNT1.jpg

• Like 5

Sorry onehallyu fam. Passed out waiting for my video to upload.

Warning: I am not a professional cameraman and there were numerous times I didn't even look at what I was filming so that I could bask in Mamamoo's glory.

I also allowed a young Moo to sit in front of me and she periodically raises her sign in front of my phone.

I've only uploaded uoay so far. Enjoy!

[Youtube]

Can't get the damn thing to embed, but you all can view the link anyway!

EDIT: Ninjad by spark yet again!!

Edited by YamaChan
  • Like 3

Your fancam was great! And I see hwasa was looking towards your cam.

Also youtube says the video is unlisted so I think you have to make it fully public to be able to embed.

I tried :( Maybe oh doesn't like the links I keep getting through my phone? I never have this issue with my computers.

Anywho. I'll try to upload Piano Man. Wheein and I had a moment. I think she was amused by how I did all the point choreography with them.

Piano Man is up! We got the most fanservice in our spot easily. Oh and I was mistaken. Dancing Queen Yong Sun made an appearance in this stage. It was cute

I can upload a couple more if yall want me to. I know there's a full performance video up so it may be redundant

Edited by YamaChan
  • Like 1

Guys...Guys...Guys...The Moo Moo Fanmeet was AWESOME!!!!one!!!

I do not have enough superlatives to describe the experience. Mamamoo would literally have to murder my first born child for me to stop being their fan. 

Where do I even begin? One great part of the experience was just meeting the other Moo Moos lined up to meet the girls. We exchanged information and ended up eating at In-N-Out after the fanmeet. Our fanbase is incredible. Let me just say that. They had Mamamoo laughing the whole time.

There was SO much fanservice. They sang so many songs! They tried SO hard to speak English. Wheein was a straight G with her English skills, and Mama Esna was a fantastic MC.

Guys, I'm sorry, but I fumbled the ball completely with the signing...almost. 

Solar was SO full of energy. I had nothing of substance to say due to being in a..moment, but she was so bubbly and gave me a dozen high fives...none of which squarely connected. We both had terrible hand eye coordination and tried multiple times to make it happen, but it wasn't meant to be...LONG LIVE THE RAP GOD DOE

Wheein was so gorgeous and refined, and she said liked something on me...but I was too starstruck to even absorb what she said. I asked her to take care of her health...but I don't think the message was communicated clearly.

By the time I got to Hwasa, I was emotionally spent. We just bro fisted and gave each other high fives. What can I say? We had plenty of moments when she was performing both today and last night.

I saved Moonbyul for last but she was actually the first. She was so freaking adorable. I told her good luck on her drama, and it embarrassed her so bad. She asked me if I saw her drama, and when I confirmed she hid her face behind her hands. She even reached to her translator to tell her I saw her drama, after which he laughed and told me she was embarrassed and shy. But Moonbyul thanked me anyway. She was my one success at the autograph table!

As for the rest...I'll update you a little later. 

We weren't supposed to film...but we did. Esna made one remark about it during the meet and said "Guys...you're not supposed to film. Don't be all in the open about it! Try to stay low key! That way when they ask if anybody was filming, I can tell me I didn't see anyone!"

I got plenty of video for you all. But there's plenty I didn't film out of respect to their original wishes. I can tell you they were the predebut videos, some of their more intimate performances and Gee beagle-dol version. 

Just....all the reasons we stan Mamamooo were magnified x10 at this fanmeet. I'm a lifetime fan after this experience all. I flew literally across the entire country just to see them...and it was worth it!

I'll post a more coherent version of this when I'm back on the East cost.

• Like 16

My spot wasn't as good as last night, but I'll try to upload my video of their UOAY acapella/full performance for you all. And maybe some of the talk segments. Their English was so cute.

But let me just ramble about a few more things here.

First of all, I think every Moo confessed their undying love to Moonbyul. I heard so many "I love you!" from both Moonbyul and our fellow Moos in Korean and English. I definitely got the best reaction of the day from her though. Can't believe nobody else mentioned the drama!

Moonbyul was so playful on stage. Every ten seconds, regardless of whether they were singing or not, someone screamed love confessions to Moonbyul and she smiled and waved every time.

She was just a playful sweetheart the whole time. PLENTY of Moonsun stuff too, people. Moonbyul randomly combed her fingers through Solar's hair to bring some order back to it after one of their songs and they giggled at each other constantly.

The only way to describe them is when you put two class clowns together.

Wheein was so damn....gorgeous in the autograph line. That's the main reason I was so speechless. She was mostly chill during the signings, but she UNLEASHED on stage. She was so damn shameless with her use of English, but froze up every time Esna put her on the spot. It was just hilarious. Wheein definitely earned the most laughs on stage from her throne.

Solar...like I said was so damn...inviting! I saw timid fangirls walk up to Solar and she aggressively grabbed their hands and pulled them in close. I even saw her put her finger to her face for the traditional Mr. Ambiguous sign, with a playful angry expression like "Where your mustache salute, soldier?!" It was the most hilarious stuff ever. She even waved and blew kisses to us while we were in line and still about ten people out.

She was just Mrs. Personality on the stage. Oh, and I have to put Solar on blast. Two Ah Oop! performances in two nights and two failed attempts at the Ah Oop! train during the end of Moonbyul's rap. Never gets old.

Hwasa...was a queen. Like, the girl does not lack for confidence at all. Even her English greeting was done with sass and flash. A hair flip. A sultry "Hi". And a sexy pose.

Funniest moment of the day was when one Moo Moo got to Hwasa at the autograph line and then ran away screaming "SHE SAID SHE LIKED MY HAIR!" She had braids, I think. Black obviously. Was hilarious.

Hwasa (and Wheein) did a the...soldier boy?...dance several times with fans as they walked through the autograph line too.

Should be noted that every time a member answered a personal or embarrassing question, the other three would scream "LIAR!" to put them on the spot. When Hwasa said she wasn't able to eat too much during her stay was one occasion. Lmao.

The venue was just really, really intimate, guys. Like, Hwasa making fun of how hot it was in there by fanning her head and then her armpits intimate. Which was hilarious.

For those who were worried, Mamamoo said they are not close with any boy groups and are still only really close with Red Velvet. We're still okay. I'll maybe relay more as it comes back to me.

And presenting YamaChan perspective of UOAY

Edited by YamaChan
  • Like 8

I'm finally back on the East Coast! What a trip. Wish more of you could've made it. I was low key on the prowl for any OneHallyuers at the fan meet. 

My next goal is to go to Korea to see Mamamoo perform; I want to return the favor.

But when ever someone asks me if the trip was worth it, I'm going to cut them off, as you can't even put a price on an experience like this. 

Next time they come to the states, I hope to see more of you from this thread, and as an international fanbase, we should coordinate something for them, like the Korean MooMoos did. 

One of the Moos I connected with on the trip was the only person who had a "We'll never let you go" sign. We'll have to top that next time. 

I may upload some more stuff, especially since I don't have to fight with my phone.

• Like 4

They'd need to come to Florida for that to happen. I'm glad the Moo Party went well, though.

I'd be fine with Florida myself. Not that I didn't absolutely love LA. Maybe Atlanta is a realistic goal? Granted the BTS event that happened there did not go the best...

Did you meet any OneHallyuers while you were there? And was there no merch for sale?

We should organize something like that. And for those of us that live far from the states, maybe we can contribute in other ways? (i.e. financially- to be used for gift bags, meals, etc). Btw, Korea... We have the same goal, we should meet when it happens.;)

Looking forward to your uploads. Thanks for sharing them!

I personally liked the MooMoo who gave them meme shirts, it was cute. plus the packaging and stuff was troll-ish. heh. mamamoo totally liked her radish hat too, heck even I liked it. and in one fancam I saw moo light sticks that were lit, so cool.

No merch. Just a lot of fun interactions with Mamamoo (and the awesome staff who won't get enough credit from anyone). 

But yeah, I think we can be a little more organized. We did not lose at all to the K-MooMoos when it comes to intensity, but they have obvious advantages over us when it comes to organization. 

Every Moo I met was awesome, but I didn't meet any OneHallyuers. Next time around maybe!

I wanted to give them an awesome gift, but it was just too difficult to pull off in time. The fanmeet was a last minute announcement, and I'm flying from the East Coast. Too short notice :( 

But I did send them a very a heartfelt card, and I hope it reaches them and gets decently translated. I made sure to shout out this thread for you all.

Thanks for this video by the way! Now I can confirm that Kim Do Hoon accompanied them on the trip! What a caring CEO :)

Edited by YamaChan