Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
HimawariAmu

[Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever

Which universe you prefer?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Solar's universe you prefer?

• Princess
    • Boxer
    • Rockstar
  2. 2. Moonbyul's universe you prefer?

• Music video director
    • Choreographer
    • Entertainment CEO
  3. 3. Whee in's universe you prefer?

• Environmentalist
    • Painter
    • Indie artist
  4. 4. Hwasa's universe you prefer?

• Mother
    • Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

UOAY is the feeling when you come home after a long day of work, take a long sip of an ice cold Sprite, and enjoy the nice summer's day.

LOL

I love the live stage, my fave ever, they looked great,sounded good and the camera was on point, :ohla:

I wish I could stay and gush all day about this comeback, but work calls. So I just want to make one more comment about the hot start to this comeback, as I'll be gone until late this evening.

I don't usually care much about charting, and I think as long as the music is made well and sales well enough, that's all that matters, but I am obsessing a little over how well Mamamoo is charting.

For once, the Korean public is getting it right. Mamamoo is just a year removed from their official debut, and they're already topping charts and cracking the top 15 of the biggest digital chart in South Korea. What makes it stand out to me, moreso than any other rise, is that they stayed true to themselves to accomplish the amazing feat.

They didn't sell out to a particular concept. They didn't have to go "viral" to get deserved recognition. They don't have a huge company (or even close) backing them. They relied exclusively on their obvious talents and passion for music and performance. That's a gamble a lot of other groups have tried and failed at, but the Mamamoo/Kim Do Hoon combo has won that gamble, and I think it's because the public, and their peers (like Hyuna), can see how much they truly enjoy what they're doing and the high quality music they continue to release as a result.

I don't say the above paragraph to throw shade at any groups; I say that as a fan of those groups, who is annoyed it took those things for them to make their name widely known, but Mamamoo has proven that talent can take you far, if you have a brilliant mind like their CEO to navigate Korea's tough music scene.

In short, Mamamoo is rising from "nugudom" to hopefully eventual stardom, and it's been accomplished in a way more groups hopefully are able to achieve going forward: with their music talent.

That's my soliloquy for the day. I have others for other days. This was an awesome morning. Later all!

• Like 4

I love Um Oh Ah Yeh, and all the songs from the album that i've had time to listen to so far. The music bank performance slayed, they never disappoint live!

on the MV controversy/whatever you shoud call it

I enjoyed the MV, i don't find it offensive. Of course the characters, mainly Hwasa and Solar's, aren't exactly setting a good example of how to act - but they're not intending to do that either. They're not implying that their behaviour is right, rather the opposite (espeically Hwasa's character is portrayed as quite sleezy and unlikable), they're not encouraging anyone to act like that, and i don't see any bad intentions behind the MV. It's not a moral lesson, it's just a silly storyline with silly characters. You could read a lot into it and get worked up about it if you just wanted to, but i think people should realize that just because something contains certain behaviours/values/issues it doesn't mean that it promotes them. If some people have a problem with the MV then that's fine, but i think we all need to see that there's no clear right or wrong in how to feel about it.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

I'm loving everything about this comeback and I love the performance and their outfits. The fan chants are amazing as well and I'm so proud to see mamamoo doing well and it's paying off little by little. 

I was going to say a lot about the whole tumblr issue but I honestly don't want all that to overshadow this great comeback and the actual work the girls put into it. It's always like that anyway. When you put out something in public whether it's a controversial issue or a non-issue there is always a possibility for different interpretations and criticisms and sometimes it can be so far away from what was the initial intention and turn into things no one really thought of.

I wish I could stay and gush all day about this comeback, but work calls. So I just want to make one more comment about the hot start to this comeback, as I'll be gone until late this evening.

I don't usually care much about charting, and I think as long as the music is made well and sales well enough, that's all that matters, but I am obsessing a little over how well Mamamoo is charting.

For once, the Korean public is getting it right. Mamamoo is just a year removed from their official debut, and they're already topping charts and cracking the top 15 of the biggest digital chart in South Korea. What makes it stand out to me, moreso than any other rise, is that they stayed true to themselves to accomplish the amazing feat.

They didn't sell out to a particular concept. They didn't have to go "viral" to get deserved recognition. They don't have a huge company (or even close) backing them. They relied exclusively on their obvious talents and passion for music and performance. That's a gamble a lot of other groups have tried and failed at, but the Mamamoo/Kim Do Hoon combo has won that gamble, and I think it's because the public, and their peers (like Hyuna), can see how much they truly enjoy what they're doing and the high quality music they continue to release as a result.

I don't say the above paragraph to throw shade at any groups; I say that as a fan of those groups, who is annoyed it took those things for them to make their name widely known, but Mamamoo has proven that talent can take you far, if you have a brilliant mind like their CEO to navigate Korea's tough music scene.

In short, Mamamoo is rising from "nugudom" to hopefully eventual stardom, and it's been accomplished in a way more groups hopefully are able to achieve going forward: with their music talent.

That's my soliloquy for the day. I have others for other days. This was an awesome morning. Later all!

Fantastic post! :ilove:

So giving this song a few more listens, you can tell that they went for marketability this time. This song is more public-friendly imo and it toned down the vocals a bit. You noticeably realize that this song can be sung by almost anyone, it's easy to sing to, which is a great strategy to get Mamamoo's name out there by having people sing the bop of summer 2015 that is Um Oh Ah Yeh (still think it should've been Yeah not Yeh).

BUT it doesn't detract from their vocal ability and musicality. The adlibs and harmonies remind you that Mamamoo isn't your ordinary girl group. Yes they'll let you sing the chorus and verses with them, but can you keep up with their harmonies and musical stylings in the background? Didn't think so  :hurr: 

I love that Do Hoon realized that Mamamoo's songs, despite being so amazing, were hard to make public-friendly. I like that this song was commercialized just enough whilst still maintaining Mamamoo's sound. And it's not a sell-out because you can hear throughout the album the Mamamoo sound still, even in this title track. I'm happy that Mamamoo is playing the game smart and not compromising their personalities. 

This song shall be Mamamoo's stepping stone into further public recognition. If the public like this song and buy their album, they'll hear an even more amplified version of the unique Mamamoo that we all fell in love with in the first place. 

Did I mention we get more rap parts for our star MoonByul :chu: ? Yes yes yes, because rap is a tad bit more public friendly than blow-you-out-of-the-water vocals :)

• Like 4

It's this kind of R&B-sweet tone-Primary-Some type of music that the Korean public likes, so I do think this will be a hit. It's doing quite well on the charts, and I hope it can at least stay in the top ten when all the monster girl groups come back in the summer ^^

4 #1s so far (On the 2nd, 3rd, 5th, and 6th biggest charts).

CH3eFsHUMAAilYR.png

• Like 2

I see people having a crush on moonstar. Now that they have seen boy Moonstar.

Is we gonna fight? Moonstar is mine.

Edited by Chioma

I see people having a crush on moonstar. Now that they have seen boy Moonstar.

Is we gonna fight? Moonstar is mine.

tumblr_ndxdyxsp9C1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

I'm cryiiiiinnngggggg, Mamamoooo... this song is my lifffeeeeeeee! No no no!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyRTdi_tv9I

I'm not a fan of ballad.. but this sounds good to me though?

Their vocal prowess and technique shine here

F U !! (I'm so sorry ILY) 

No No No's eating my heart I can't take it, I paused at 0:41 and I'm afraid to press back on "play" damn !

I already heard the preview but damn, I can't. Listening to MAMAMOO's song with my earphones always kill me ;_; I can't seriously, it's the first time I'm so sensitive to a group's song, I must take a break from MAMAMOO >///< I can't damn..

My heart.... I'm so glad I can listen to these masterpieces... DAMN  :rlytearpls:

Remember when that fan took photos of MoonSun on a date, and they said that was from the MV filming? Where did that scene go?

Remember when that fan took photos of MoonSun on a date, and they said that was from the MV filming? Where did that scene go?

Maybe they decided not to use it, or it was simply for media play lol

GUYS THEY GOT INTO THE TOP 10 ON MELON 

OMG. THEY COULD GET NUMBER 1

• Like 2

The performance (I can't wait to share loool)

Edit: Adding the official upload by KBS. Coz the one I posted earlier was blocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XaZQAZa8eA&feature=youtu.be

The fanchant though... and People jamming to their song in the waiting area omg I feel like crying :cry: :cry:  Mamamoo... Just fly high, Mamamoo

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

I'm screaming, like I said, I'm too sensitive, I'll leave that fandom.

OH

DAMN

Someone... Please help..

I'm nearly crying, my heart stopped beating, I love MAMAMOO's music too much I can't. THIS LIVE IS GOLD, THE FANCHANTS ARE GOLD, MAMAMOO's STYLE IS GOLD, please, did you see the camera man's face ? HAHAHAHA, Oh GOSH I CAN'T, THIS FANDOM IS GOLD, THIS THREAD IS LIFE...

*heavy breathing*

Do you have some advice to how to calm myself ? I'm almost screaming out loud from pleasure...

I HAVE THIS ON REPEAT IN CELEBRATION OF GETTING INTO THE TOP 10

Go up! up! up!

People were complaining their song was basic and didn't sound like them, but where were you people when they release Piano Man and Ah Oop? :unsure: :unsure:

I don't care about those basic comments anymore, I just gonna support them. Mnet! let me place my order!

• Like 2