• Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

When do the music show performances start? Tomorrow night?

Um Oh Ah Yeah is 1 spot away from cracking the top 20! It's happening!

OMG Yes!

And it seems like Mamamoo will perform at Music Bank in 4 and a half hours, so they might chart even higher!  :ahmagah:  :ahmagah:  :ahmagah:

• Replies 50.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cahbr

• MadameVastra

• YamaChan

• sparkilene

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mr.Ambiguous Piano Man Um Oh Ah Yeh (2) (3) You're the best (2) (3) Decalcomanie (2) (3) Yes I am (2) Starry night (2) Egotistic (2) Wind flower (2) gogobe

'TWIT(ë©ì²­ì´)' - Hwasa | Released: February 13, 2019     'Lie Ya' - Cosmic Girl feat. Solar | Released: October 13, 2018     'Selfish' - Moonbyul feat. Seulgi | Released: May 23,

I'm not going to bother with spoilers. Thread isn't bustling right now anyway.   The moral of the story remains everything in moderation.   As the radish field expands, there's really nothing we c

OMG Yes!

And it seems like Mamamoo will perform at Music Bank in 4 and a half hours, so they might chart even higher! :ahmagah: :ahmagah: :ahmagah:

I'M SO HAPPY AND I HOPE THEY WIN NUMBER . I have to say the competition is extremely tough but I think they can do jt

OMG Yes!

And it seems like Mamamoo will perform at Music Bank in 4 and a half hours, so they might chart even higher! :ahmagah: :ahmagah: :ahmagah:

I'M SO HAPPY AND I HOPE THEY WIN NUMBER . I have to say the competition is extremely tough but I think they can do it

I'M SO HAPPY AND I HOPE THEY WIN NUMBER . I have to say the competition is extremely tough but I think they can do jt

I'M SO HAPPY AND I HOPE THEY WIN NUMBER . I have to say the competition is extremely tough but I think they can do it

I'm sure they'll be able to snatch a position in the top 20, at least right before SISTAR releases Shake It. 

A music show win is still doubtful at this point, but Mamamoo might possibly get a top 3 nomination this time. Or at least reach the top 5...

I just went on tumblr (big mistake) and people are already complaining about the mv. I honesty don't what is so problematic in the mv if people read the lyrics they would know Solar isn't disgusted with Moon Byul being a Woman. People are also saying Solar is letting Hwa Sa touch her without consent. The whole point of the mv is to joke bout how men touch Women. They have a whole song dedicated about respecting women. I'm just going to keep watching the MV and enjoy it

• Like 4
  • Dislike 2

I've foreseen the mess but I'm just gonna ignore it all and enjoy their comeback. I hope they go higher and higher in the chart

Edit: I keep watching the MV. Damn Mamamoo, I need to sleep before your live stage. I'mma becoming a zombie

Edited by nichy23
  • Like 2

I just went on tumblr (big mistake) and people are already complaining about the mv. I honesty don't what is so problematic in the mv if people read the lyrics they would know Solar isn't disgusted with Moon Byul being a Woman. People are also saying Solar is letting Hwa Sa touch her without consent. The whole point of the mv is to joke bout how men touch Women. They have a whole song dedicated about respecting women. I'm just going to keep watching the MV and enjoy it

And you would think that they'd understand satire and sarcasm since they use it all the time for their feminist movements... they really just see what they want to see, and at this point what they want to see is problematic. Which is sad, because this is gonna give Mamamoo a bunch of undeserved, bandwagon hate that could possibly ruin a great comeback.

But for now, the sales are great and the MV is great with a modern message subtle and friendly enough for a homophobic country like Korea. It's gonna take baby steps, especially since Mamamoo aren't at a Jolin Tsai level where they can release whatever they want and not have their careers ruined by the controversy. Jolin Tsai can release something straightfowardly (Is that even a word?) LGBT-friendly like "We're All Different, Yet The Same" but a rookie group like Mamamoo that doesn't have that strong of a following yet has to be conservative and friendly. In fact, I'm surprised they went with a concept like this considering they're still kind of nugu but then again it's not crossdressing that's a problem in Korea. I like these small signs and moments of feminism and messages regarding the LGBT community, it shows that Mamamoo isn't scared to be more empowering. But then again Mamamoo has always been very empowering in their own way, and this is a new side of "the empowering Mamamoo."

Edited by Jessicant
  • Like 6
  • Dislike 1

And you would think that they'd understand satire and sarcasm since they use it all the time for their feminist movements... they really just see what they want to see, and at this point what they want to see is problematic. Which is sad, because this is gonna give Mamamoo a bunch of undeserved, bandwagon hate that could possibly ruin a great comeback.

But for now, the sales are great and the MV is great with a modern message subtle and friendly enough for a homophobic country like Korea. It's gonna take baby steps, especially since Mamamoo aren't at a Jolin Tsai level where they can release whatever they want and not have their careers ruined by the controversy. Jolin Tsai can release something straightfowardly (Is that even a word?) LGBT-friendly like "We're All Different, Yet The Same" but a rookie group like Mamamoo that doesn't have that strong of a following yet has to be conservative and friendly. In fact, I'm surprised they went with a concept like this considering they're still kind of nugu but then again it's not crossdressing that's a problem in Korea. I like these small signs and moments of feminism and messages regarding the LGBT community, it shows that Mamamoo isn't scared to be more empowering. But then again Mamamoo has always been very empowering in their own way, and this is a new side of "the empowering Mamamoo."

To be honest the only negative complaint I see is coming from tumblr and on everything else like on the YouTube comments people are enjoying it

I'm slightly tempted to reply to the person on tumble becuase every bring they pointed out was wrong/ misinterpreted but I know that it's just one comment and will probably go away.

P.S. I'm sorry for all the ranting today

Edited by Cat21

To be honest the only negative complaint I see is coming from tumblr and on everything else like on the YouTube comments people are enjoying it

I'm slightly tempted to reply to the person on tumble becuase every bring they pointed out was wrong/ misinterpreted but I know that it's just one comment and will probably go away.

P.S. I'm sorry for all the ranting today

I saw some comment in youtube, reddit and Omona pointing out about Hwa Sa's sexual assault to Solar and Solar drugging Moonbyul? But mostly people could take the satirical comedy, so one or 2 comment won't hurt I guess. I just hope the bandwagoning hate won't affect this comeback.

isn't the part where Hwa Sa getting horny over Solar was the rap part when she said: Do you have time? Because I'm in the need, my five senses are out of control" :derp: :derp:

this is why we need lyric subtitle

I said this song would probably grow on me and I was right, I officially love the song. Also I'm gonna try to stay away from any silly opinions on tumblr about the perceived offensiveness of the song (reading that stuff makes me angry too easily).

• Like 1

problems that i have with the mamamoo mv for ‘um oh ah yeah’

- hwasa’s character countlessly harasses solar’s character
- solar’s character misgendered moonbyul’s character n assumed that she was male because of the way she looked
- solar’s character tried to drug hwasa’s character by putting something in her drink
- solar’s character takes advantage of moonbyul’s character
- how homophobic it was when solar’s character was shocked n grossed out when she found that that moonbyul’s character was female

cr:

I would have never gotten that. I legit watched that MV and thought it was cute                                                        and funny. I still see nothing wrong with it. But thats none of my business 

• Like 5

omg i just came from their tumblr tag and it's so funny how differently people see things lol satire is lost on some people

i personally thought the mv is hilarious, and the song is so good! i can't wait for the album!

• Like 1

OMG OMG OMG OMG I just found the fancam versions of Freakin' Shoes from their comeback showcase! :D :D Freakin' Shoes is BLESSED! 

On another note: That video made me crack up and wake up my roommates (sorry roommates). The song is super catchy, and Wheein was freaking hilarious in the video (especially at the end when they're fighting and she's just eating her pizza). 

The song is catchy, although I'm sad that the last verse of the song doesn't the same level of sass(?) as the last verse of ahh oop! but I still really like it, and the mv is funny. Loving this comeback, can't wait for the album to arrive! Although I'm curious about what happened to the footage of Moonsun kissing on the bench and walking between the trees. 

Great song, great video. Mamamoo is on their way! I just hope the mini album can match the overall quality of Hello. If it does, then Mamamoo is up for a serious rise in 2015.

Is it just me or did Moonbyul get way prettier of a sudden?

I hope the tumblr thing goes to show anyone who didn't know how fake and awful all this social justice stuff really is. Bunch of self important losers doing all they can to take the fun out of life for everyone else. I hope this song goes to number 1 right in all their faces.

Mamamoo fighting!

• Like 5
  • HimawariAmu changed the title to [Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever