Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
HimawariAmu

[Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever

Which universe you prefer?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Solar's universe you prefer?

• Princess
    • Boxer
    • Rockstar
  2. 2. Moonbyul's universe you prefer?

• Music video director
    • Choreographer
    • Entertainment CEO
  3. 3. Whee in's universe you prefer?

• Environmentalist
    • Painter
    • Indie artist
  4. 4. Hwasa's universe you prefer?

• Mother
    • Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

I'm only going to comment on this once, because I feel like this issue is stealing attention away from what will be a glorious comeback from Mamamoo.

I'm not going to say the following as a fan trying to defend their favorite artist at all costs. I say this as a rational human being. It's absolutely ridiculous how some people are dragging the Wheein/Hwasa exchange out of context and twisting it into something racial. Many of the people misconstruing their pic battle can't even figure out which picture was sent by whom, let alone decode some type of hidden racism.

Racial insensitivity can be a problem in K-pop, and I'll be the one of the first in line to call it out when I see it anywhere (not just Kpop), but really? There's literally nothing offensive about their "fight." Wheein found a picture of a guy who had a similar hairstyle to Hwasa because she found the noodle hair on her to look funny. Why make it more than that? Jerry Seinfeld was on to something when he said this up and coming generation is almost too PC. People go on witch hunting campaigns against anything that could potentially be read as offensive.

I'm just waiting to hear from the Canine Voices Matter Association to start complaining about how puppies everywhere were offended by Hwasa's demeaning photo. Like, really? There are so many racially charged issues that get no attention whatsoever from these social justice warriors, yet they want to stir the pot over...this? None of the accusations make even the slightest bit of sense. None of these kids know anything about culture or appropriation apparently.

Anyway, I'm actually glad Mamamoo will be coming back with all of these girl group titans. They are talented enough to stand on the same stage as any of them, and it will be fun to watch them be the underdogs in a jam-packed summer. Consider just how much attention Mamamoo is going to get from these incredible songs, and how much more attention they'll get if they rise against all odds and the Korean public falls in love with their single during this promotion cycle.

Mamamoo manages to be unique with a signature sound and palpable talent, and for them to have that after now just one year, will be a huge plus. They're that good!

As an aside, there really doesn't exist an audience Hwasa doesn't try to hype up mid-performance. Not even at their private showcase. Whether it's a crowd of excited Moomoos or a bunch of press snapping pictures for their articles, Hwasa brings her sass game every time

• Like 3

I'm only going to comment on this once, because I feel like this issue is stealing attention away from what will be a glorious comeback from Mamamoo.

I'm not going to say the following as a fan trying to defend their favorite artist at all costs. I say this as a rational human being. It's absolutely ridiculous how some people are dragging the Wheein/Hwasa exchange out of context and twisting it into something racial. Many of the people misconstruing their pic battle can't even figure out which picture was sent by whom, let alone decode some type of hidden racism.

Racial insensitivity can be a problem in K-pop, and I'll be the one of the first in line to call it out when I see it anywhere (not just Kpop), but really? There's literally nothing offensive about their "fight." Wheein found a picture of a guy who had a similar hairstyle to Hwasa because she found the noodle hair on her to look funny. Why make it more than that? Jerry Seinfeld was on to something when he said this up and coming generation is almost too PC. People go on witch hunting campaigns against anything that could potentially be read as offensive.

I'm just waiting to hear from the Canine Voices Matter Association to start complaining about how puppies everywhere were offended by Hwasa's demeaning photo. Like, really? There are so many racially charged issues that get no attention whatsoever from these social justice warriors, yet they want to stir the pot over...this? None of the accusations make even the slightest bit of sense. None of these kids know anything about culture or appropriation apparently.

Anyway, I'm actually glad Mamamoo will be coming back with all of these girl group titans. They are talented enough to stand on the same stage as any of them, and it will be fun to watch them be the underdogs in a jam-packed summer. Consider just how much attention Mamamoo is going to get from these incredible songs, and how much more attention they'll get if they rise against all odds and the Korean public falls in love with their single during this promotion cycle.

Mamamoo manages to be unique with a signature sound and palpable talent, and for them to have that after now just one year, will be a huge plus. They're that good!

As an aside, there really doesn't exist an audience Hwasa doesn't try to hype up mid-performance. Not even at their private showcase. Whether it's a crowd of excited Moomoos or a bunch of press snapping pictures for their articles, Hwasa brings her sass game every time

I keep forgetting it's only been 1 year  :omg: . From Don't be Happy with Bumkey to Peppermint Chocolate, to Ahh Oop, to Immortal Song. I really want Korea to bop to the song!

Agree with everything you said, and Seinfeld was right (I'd never heard about what he said). This really is good night, bye guys.

OMG Yessss

And the thing is, nobody would have gotten upset if Wheein posted a picture of a white man with that hairstyle. They only think this is racist because apparently a black man can't be used in a joke without it being a racist thing. But isn't that idea in itself racist or overly paranoid? I can't believe how politically correct this generation has manged to become in 5 years, with them everything is an issue and you can never make a joke without offending someone. That is unless, we're making fun of the white, cis, straight, male "oppressors". I even see this crap in my own home with my sister, there's no escaping the SJW attitude and it's horrible.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Agree :)

OMG Yessss

And the thing is, nobody would have gotten upset if Wheein posted a picture of a white man with that hairstyle. They only think this is racist because apparently a black man can't be used in a joke without it being a racist thing. But isn't that idea in itself racist or overly paranoid? I can't believe how politically correct this generation has manged to become in 5 years, with them everything is an issue and you can never make a joke without offending someone. That is unless, we're making fun of the white, cis, straight, male "oppressors". I even see this crap in my own home with my sister, there's no escaping the SJW attitude and it's horrible.

Whee In should post Justin Timberlake tragic noodle hair lol :imstupid:

People are entitled to opinions, but when the opinion is far-fetched, it's normal if other people react to it. What I'm afraid of is the bandwagoning hate effect coming along with such opinion. But let's just rest this case and focus to their comeback, what's in tumblr let it just stay in tumblr.

Few hours left, I'm so excited :ahmagah: :ahmagah:  See you guys soon in live chat :) :)

Not to be rude, but can we just stop talking about it in general. I get everyone has opinions but some of us are over it and don't want to see it in this thread.

sorry in advance

When will the MV drop? Is it 12 pm KST or 11.30pm KST?

So it's coming at 11:30AM? Are we sure? That's a weird release time. Not sure at what time they would be debuting on music charts.

edit: @kor_celebs is saying 12PM

Edited by Athena

When will the MV drop? Is it 12 pm KST or 11.30pm KST?

The MV and the digital songs will all be out at Noon!

GRoeEYR.gif

Lots of people on tumblr are saying that Whee in and Hwa Sa are appropriating black culture for what they have posted on the Fan Cafe. I do agree that they are but I don't think they mean it in the way that people are making it seem on tumblr. People on tumblr are say that they are making fun of Black people (obviously not true) and they are also bringing up the fact that they made fun of Black hairstyles again in the Ah Oop music video. All I have to say on this issue is that people on tumblr always try to be all social justicy soemtimes and make situations bigger then they need to be. I'm not trying to be one of those annoying kpop fans who defend their favorite idols over everything I just think that MAMAMOO aren't doing these things on purpos. I also thought it was really dumb that people are bringing up their Ah Oop video becuase they most likely dont have that much control on their music videos.

This post was so long :0

As a black fan, I have to say that all of these appropriating accusations that groups and artists are accused of is always wrong to me. I never identify with being offended because at the end of the day I realize that it is not meant to be malicious. It's not like us blacks are the only people allowed to have those kinds of clothes or hairstyles (There are Jewish people with afros and some Europeans with dreads from way back before they were recognized as a "black thing"). There is so much I could say about why these tumblr sjw's are wrong, but overall culture is meant to be shared, and if you can't tell the difference between someone enjoying a culture and making fun of it then you should shut the heck up.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

The MV and the digital songs will all be out at Noon!

GRoeEYR.gif

OMG Yes

Do you think the physical albums are coming out at noon, too? I pre-ordered my album and I want it to get here already.  :rlytearpls:

I even ordered shipping with tracking, I feel so happy.

OMG Yes

Do you think the physical albums are coming out at noon, too? I pre-ordered my album and I want it to get here already.  :rlytearpls:

I even ordered shipping with tracking, I feel so happy.

I just checked Synnara and they have the date of sale up as June 19th (today) so I would guess that physical albums will start selling as soon as stores open up today? Don't hold me to that, though.  :ninja:

I just checked Synnara and they have the date of sale up as June 19th (today) so I would guess that physical albums will start selling as soon as stores open up today? Don't hold me to that, though.  :ninja:

I hope so.  :rlytearpls:

I'm kind of an album hound, so I made a write up on my experience of all of the popular online kpop shops for you guys who are thinking of preordering the mini (please do!).  Let me know if I missed one, or if you have any additional info I should add.

eBay (cited sellers)

• grapemusiccd

• silvercoldmetal

• ajoutool

• kpopmarket01

Usually a good bit more expensive, but quite dependable.  Will take under twenty-four hours to ship out.  Tracking number always included and the seller will usually listen to requests (like a preferred poster choice).  Options to buy rolled, folded, or no poster.  Customer service is top-notch, and packing is safe with an average arrival time of 11 days.  Counts on both Gaon and Hanteo.

KTOWN4U

Generally cheapest option, but with so-so service.  Usually takes over twenty-four hours to ship out.  You pay extra for tracking, but it usually still amounts to less than other shops.  Somewhat prone to mishaps, and oftentimes sketchy and/or unhelpful customer service.  Does not listen to requests.  Packing varies from bubble mailers to flimsy boxes.  Single albums come well-wrapped, multiple albums don’t (are usually stacked together and wrapped all around).  Options to buy rolled, folded, or no poster.  Arrival time from the cheapest shipping option ranges from two weeks to a month.  Counts on both Gaon and Hanteo.

Kpopmart

Usually a few bucks over KTOWN4U, but still relatively inexpensive.  Usually takes over twenty-four hours to ship.  High shipping costs for least expensive option, offers no tracking.  Somewhat prone to mishaps, does not listen to requests.  Fair to mediocre customer service.  Always well packed (wrapped fully in bubble wrap and taped to the bottom of a sturdy box).  Options to buy rolled or no poster.  Arrival time from cheapest option is 12 days on average.  Counts on both Gaon and Hanteo.

Kpoptown

I admit that I’ve always been leery of this site for an unexplainable reason, so I’ve never used it.  Friends of mine say it isn’t bad, but it really isn’t good either.  Prices are average to high.  They use packing peanuts.  Counts on both Gaon and Hanteo.

Kpopplus

Sketchy site.  Just don’t buy here, I could hardly figure out anything about them.  There are tons of better options anyway.

Yesasia

Probably most expensive for single album purchases.  Free shipping for $40+ can be useful for multiple album purchases, but beware of inflated starting prices.  Usually takes over twenty-four hours to ship.  Sometimes-annoying customer service, tracking available for purchase.  Does not listen to requests.  Packing quality varies from item to item.  Options to buy rolled or no poster.  Arrival time from cheapest option is 14 days on average.  Counts on both Gaon and Hanteo.

Mwave Shop (non Meet&Greet)

Inflated starting prices, but free shipping on orders over $25 with added tracking available for purchase.  Usually takes a while to ship out, but it varies.  Fair customer service.  Packing usually consists of a thinly bubble wrapped album in a sturdy box or a thickly wrapped album in a pink HDPE mailer.  Arrival time is 9 days on average.  Counts on Gaon, Hanteo, and M!Countdown charts.

I've purchased 2 albums through MWave and I like them the best, yeah it does take longer to arrive, about 3 weeks to a month, but it's damn near guaranteed to show up eventually AND count toward your favorite groups album sells!! 

Yes they will. Pre-ordered albums will be shipped as well.

Yay! Ship mine quickly!

Mine's already been shipped, and I got my tracking number!  :rlytearpls:

Mine's already been shipped, and I got my tracking number!  :rlytearpls:

:stare: Where did you order yours from?

:stare: Where did you order yours from?

KTown4u. I'm not sure how to track it though.  :rlytearpls:

It's here!~

• Like 4

It's here!~

THE SLAYAGE IS REAL  :ahmagah:

It's here!~

Here you go!  http://www.koreapost.go.kr/eng/sub/EMS_Search.jsp?contId=e1020600

Oh, and it probably won't show up yet, because they haven't actually shipped them out yet, just assigned the number.  So don't worry if yours says nothing is there, trust me, it will show up by tomorrow!

Edited by hijacked

The MV is hilarious, ah 2PM and Mamamoo's comebacks have given me so much life <3

Kekeke, I loved Whee In at the end when she was eating her pizza in the corner like a cute little nerd :3

I was laughing when the girl in roller skates said "Unnie Who is that" and solar was so shocked.

It really shows desire is not just sex or gender.

Edited by Chioma
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1