Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
HimawariAmu

[Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever

Which universe you prefer?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Solar's universe you prefer?

• Princess
    • Boxer
    • Rockstar
  2. 2. Moonbyul's universe you prefer?

• Music video director
    • Choreographer
    • Entertainment CEO
  3. 3. Whee in's universe you prefer?

• Environmentalist
    • Painter
    • Indie artist
  4. 4. Hwasa's universe you prefer?

• Mother
    • Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

MAMAMOO LOOK SO GOOD IN THIS PERFORMANCE ESPECIALLY MOONBYUL :ahmagah: :ahmagah:

Moonbyul with no bangs/parted bangs makes her look more gorgeous

I believe it started raining a little toward the end of the performance

Mr. Ambiguous

The rain came down harder during Piano Man and Moonbyul gets more gorgeous

Hwasa even takes off her shoes, I'm guessing because of the rain.

Piano Man

Im in love with hair looking like this, she's gorgeous. I hope she has no bangs for the next comeback!

MAMAMOO LOOK SO GOOD IN THIS PERFORMANCE ESPECIALLY MOONBYUL :ahmagah:  :ahmagah:

Mr. Ambiguous

Piano Man

Ghhh!! Moonbyul with wet hair and no bangs! Gghh! :megusta: :megusta:

Bless the rain

Edit: Can't stop watching the Piano Man performance, coz everybody look so sexy with wet hair. And it focused on Moonbyul :ahmagah: :ahmagah: :ahmagah:

Gonna save this :imstupid:

Edited by nichy23
  • Like 1

MAMAMOO LOOK SO GOOD IN THIS PERFORMANCE ESPECIALLY MOONBYUL :ahmagah:  :ahmagah:

Mr. Ambiguous

Piano Man

aside from looking super hot in this performance (bless the rain for showing us mamamoo with wet hair and Moonbyul's forehead) is it just me or does it sound like Moonbyul's gaining more confidence in her singing?  :rlytearpls:

Like, I can actually catch her voice in Mr. Ambiguous when she sings the chorus in the same register as Wheein, and her harmonies are much clearer than before.

I'm gonna keep praying for Moonbyul to have a solo singing line in the new mini B6CjR2cCEAAdncd.jpg:large

• Like 3

aside from looking super hot in this performance (bless the rain for showing us mamamoo with wet hair and Moonbyul's forehead) is it just me or does it sound like Moonbyul's gaining more confidence in her singing?  :rlytearpls:

Like, I can actually catch her voice in Mr. Ambiguous when she sings the chorus in the same register as Wheein, and her harmonies are much clearer than before.

I'm gonna keep praying for Moonbyul to have a solo singing line in the new mini B6CjR2cCEAAdncd.jpg:large

I'm waiting for that too, I bet if she ever does decided to sing for real she will shock everyone with her hidden talent.

they really do look like mom and dad taking their kid to practice! super adorable  :ilove:

tumblr_nnkwtaREBE1u94vw0o1_500.jpg

tumblr_nnkwtaREBE1u94vw0o2_500.jpg

Baby Whee In with Solar mama and Papa Moonbyul.

Actually i consider whee in as the puppy pet of the family, but then it will make Hwa sa as the rebellious only daughter.

dont give high heels to whee in anymore, i like cute shorty whee in better :) :)

they really do look like mom and dad taking their kid to practice! super adorable  :ilove:

tumblr_nnkwtaREBE1u94vw0o1_500.jpg

tumblr_nnkwtaREBE1u94vw0o2_500.jpg

LMAO totally Mommy Solar and Daddy Moonbyul going for a family dinner. Leaving their other daughter behind.

Mr. Ambiguous

Piano Man

Moonbyul looks gorgeous with wet hair & no bangs  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:

Eager beaver, Ms. Squirtle Aingg Cue and Butterfly Fairy flashing their different types of smile (Whee In please)

CEaFOFXUIAAGGgO.jpg:large

tumblr_nigr90dPnF1u7lilqo2_1280.jpg

I need something to spazz on.. Back then, the glorious time of Piano man promotion with consecutive Immortal Songs appearances made me high af. This month, their schedule were sparse with occasional universities festival next week, I'm having withdrawal symptoms already.

I guess they're working hard on the album

Edit: (Random) Oh that Solar laugh remind me of psyduck

tumblr_ma8zv1J3YV1rww746o1_500.gif

Edited by nichy23
  • Like 1

Eager beaver, Ms. Squirtle Aingg Cue and Butterfly Fairy flashing their different types of smile (Whee In please)

CEaFOFXUIAAGGgO.jpg:large

tumblr_nigr90dPnF1u7lilqo2_1280.jpg

I need something to spazz on.. Back then, the glorious time of Piano man promotion with consecutive Immortal Songs appearances made me high af. This month, their schedule were sparse with occasional universities festival next week, I'm having withdrawal symptoms already.

I guess they're working hard on the album

Edit: (Random) Oh that Solar laugh remind me of psyduck

tumblr_ma8zv1J3YV1rww746o1_500.gif

I need more Mamamoo in my life lately :cry: :cry:

Mr. Ambiguous

Piano Man

Not sure if I'm ready for Hwasa's thighs in 2160K.  :rlytearpls:

• Like 1

http://onehallyu.com/topic/169721-rookie-girl-groups-digital-and-physical-gaon-sales-so-far/

Mamamoo is slaying harder than I ever thought possible. Look at those numbers. Truly monster rookies. I think this next comeback pushes them to the next tier.

Yep!  I think they are gonna move up into "higher tiers of popularity" extremely quickly -- probably during the next comeback.  But I think there are 2 reasons for this: the first and most obvious reason is that they are just so insanely talented, down-to-earth, likeable, and have their image/presence/musical confidence down already. 

The second reason is that RBB gets it.  In talking with them and observing what they do a little bit, they get this whole promotion thing -- even on an international and "thinking out of the box/unconventional" type of level (most companies have very questionable or no real strategies at all in that area).  I get the feeling that they really understand the power of this type of music to cross age/country gaps, and how "exportable" and appealing it can be to all kinds of listeners.  They also get how to really make Mamamoo shine, and not just stick with the current Kpop trends, which is both risky and rewarding at the same time, but they don't seem to waste any time going back and forth about it, and I think they have a very clear vision of what they want Mamamoo to be, and what Mamamoo wants to be as well. 

I cannot stress enough how great it has been to work with their company and them for these interviews I've done.  I see no reason why they couldn't get Mamamoo to the point of a "big label" group popularity wise :)

Edited by mrjofficial
  • Like 9

Hello! I'm a new fan. I discovered them in IS2 last week and they slayed me hard with their Wait a Minute performance. That's the start . I had to watch all other performances (from mr.ambigous to ahh oop on music shows). Every show is worth watching and I only got an hour of sleep because I had to wake up to watch their MMMtv too, to know their personalities! I fell in love. It's not enough, I had to watch reaction videos too especially those from mrjkpop :) I still can't get enough, I check every pages of mamamoo trans.c0m.  And lastly, I had to join this forum!!! yup I am whipped.  :ahmagah:

Edited by mamam00
  • Like 2

Yep!  I think they are gonna move up into "higher tiers of popularity" extremely quickly -- probably during the next comeback.  But I think there are 2 reasons for this: the first and most obvious reason is that they are just so insanely talented, down-to-earth, likeable, and have their image/presence/musical confidence down already. 

The second reason is that RBB gets it.  In talking with them and observing what they do a little bit, they get this whole promotion thing -- even on an international and "thinking out of the box/unconventional" type of level (most companies have very questionable or no real strategies at all in that area).  I get the feeling that they really understand the power of this type of music to cross age/country gaps, and how "exportable" and appealing it can be to all kinds of listeners.  They also get how to really make Mamamoo shine, and not just stick with the current Kpop trends, which is both risky and rewarding at the same time, but they don't seem to waste any time going back and forth about it, and I think they have a very clear vision of what they want Mamamoo to be, and what Mamamoo wants to be as well. 

I cannot stress enough how great it has been to work with their company and them for these interviews I've done.  I see no reason why they couldn't get Mamamoo to the point of a "big label" group popularity wise :)

It always cross my mind that if Mamamoo was under bigger company, they might be more successful than they are now. But then other aspects might be sacrificed - like their liberty in setting their musical direction, their say in styling and outfit onstage, their creativity in constructing dance steps and choreography etc

RBW might be a small company, but powered by influential people in Korean music industry. The board members were all producers and composers, they know the business inside out. They know the trend, they know what public want, what public like. They also have very good musicians working with them. Pick any instrumental of Mamamoo's song, close your eyes and focus at different layers - it's really amazing. Really intricate. Beautifully arranged.

And I really praise Kim Do Hoon for bringing these four girls together and trained them to be a team since the beginning of their trainee days. He wanted them to sing together in harmony, rather than the typical 'this is my part, that's your part' thing. He let them do their own choreography, though he could just hire choreography to do it.

Because these stuffs could nurture team work.

Now I'm not talking about sisterly bond or something - I just want to emphasize on working together efficiently as a team.

It's not easy to harmonize because it takes lots of practice and understanding of each other's singing style, vocal color/range and each other's own role. And yes, they don't have powerful, complicated choreography. But the process of creating when each of them pitching their ideas, agreeing, disagreeing and reach the decision together add more into their cohesiveness. And look at the outcome -  they effortlessly harmonize with one another candidly, the onstage chemistry was amazing while still showing their own individuality without overshadowing one another. Apart of their musical talent/presence, the chemistry is the thing that takes their performance to another level.

I really hope that they could be more known with their upcoming 2nd album. And I wish RBW could find a perfect time for them this time, without being overshadowed by other groups, because Mamamoo deserved to be heard and acknowledged.

Hello! I'm a new fan. I discovered them in IS2 last week and they slayed me hard with their Wait a Minute performance. That's the start . I had to watch all other performances (from mr.ambigous to ahh oop on music shows). Every show is worth watching and I only got an hour of sleep because I had to wake up to watch their MMMtv too, to know their personalities! I fell in love. It's not enough, I had to watch reaction videos too especially those from mrjkpop :) I still can't get enough, I check every pages of mamamoo trans.c0m.  And lastly, I had to join this forum!!! yup I am whipped.  :ahmagah:

Welcome aboard mate! Once you're in, you'll never get out

tumblr_nmbrenDLaa1ssnf1qo1_500.gif

Edited by nichy23
  • Like 2

RBW might be a small company, but powered by influential people in Korean music industry. The board members were all producers and composers, they know the business inside out. They know the trend, they know what public want, what public like. They also have very good musicians working with them. Pick any instrumental of Mamamoo's song, close your eyes and focus at different layers - it's really amazing. Really intricate. Beautifully arranged.

didnt know this. Whoah, no wonder they've yet to produce music I dislike. pretty sure mamamoo will slowly get their way into actual relevancy. Boy, they're one of those groups u've nothing to not be a  fan of.  :rlytearpls:

speaaaking of the comeback, a little insider scoop on it was released just now~ 

Ahhhh, I'm so excited!  :ahmagah:  I know PD-nim won't do us wrong - give us a hit so we can all be slayed!

Anyone else who is a Mamamoo and BTS fan here? I'm hoping MMM comeback in time before the boys have their goodbye stages so I can see 95-liner interactions and most importantly, J-HOPE AND MOONBYUL BEING TWINS

• Like 3

Anyone else who is a Mamamoo and BTS fan here? I'm hoping MMM comeback in time before the boys have their goodbye stages so I can see 95-liner interactions and most importantly, J-HOPE AND MOONBYUL BEING TWINS

HELLO FELLOW HOPEBYUL LOVER <3 Yes, I think they look so similar when they perform, the motions they make when they rap. And their little heart-shaped smiles~

HELLO FELLOW HOPEBYUL LOVER <3 Yes, I think they look so similar when they perform, the motions they make when they rap. And their little heart-shaped smiles~

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this way  :rlytearpls: When they're performing, they give it 200% but then outside of performing they're like rays of sunshine. The way J-Hope dotes on Jimin reminds me of how Moonbyul dotes on Wheein saying that she's cute all the time even though she hates it lol

• Like 1

Guys, I saw this was up, and I wondered if any of you would like to apply.  It's an application for KCON fanclubs.  I'm going to both LA and NYC conventions, and I really think we should get their name out there and cement ourselves as a fandom.  Do any of you think this would be a good idea?  Are any of you going?  I guess I'll post this in MMC too...

Hi and welcome!