Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
HimawariAmu

[Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever

Which universe you prefer?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Solar's universe you prefer?

• Princess
    • Boxer
    • Rockstar
  2. 2. Moonbyul's universe you prefer?

• Music video director
    • Choreographer
    • Entertainment CEO
  3. 3. Whee in's universe you prefer?

• Environmentalist
    • Painter
    • Indie artist
  4. 4. Hwasa's universe you prefer?

• Mother
    • Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

Actually...I think the "Outro" was inspired by an actual swing song from way back.  I don't know the source, but listen at :34 and 1:06:

Shemian - Happy Swingin` (Radio Edit)

• Like 1

Ok, here's the source.  The lyrics "write a little note on your toe, don't forget to dot the i" is at 1:31.

Jack Hylton "Breakaway" (1929)

And I just want to say that RookieStalker's DP is throwing me off.  I keep thinking Solar Moon. :lol:

lmaoo whenever I see her post something I keep on thinking 'Huh, I don't remember posting that' 

dw, I'm changing mine soon lol

• Like 2

That two sources didn't strike me like the Candy did, maybe because it's just a tiny fraction/sampling. But that candy.. I dunno. Sounds so iffy.

Why is mamamoo and esna suddenly trending in naver? Did something happen?

lmaoo whenever I see her post something I keep on thinking 'Huh, I don't remember posting that' 

dw, I'm changing mine soon lol

Haha, it's fine.  While I should look at the names I tend to identify members by their DP.  Which is why YOONGI reminds me of Moon Byul, and nichy23 a cat with MMM Mustache lol.

That two sources didn't strike me like the Candy did, maybe because it's just a tiny fraction/sampling. But that candy.. I dunno. Sounds so iffy.

Yeah, it went beyond sampling lol.  Unless we can find something that pre-dates "Outro", I'd say the 3 songs (by Candy, Electroschwung, and Jaques Le Noir) was taken from "Outro".  I really don't know the history of that particular electroswing song, but at least we know the original swing song the "Outro" was inspired by.  It was a release "Breakaway" by Jack Hylton in 1929. 

Edited by OHuzr

I forgot this was the debut of MC Solar, or I would've watched the live stream. I know these things are highly scripted, but how did she do?

I forgot this was the debut of MC Solar, or I would've watched the live stream. I know these things are highly scripted, but how did she do?

She did really well!  :smile:

She delivered her lines perfectly, matched really well with Minho and Zico, and did this gross aegyo that I don't want to talk about lol (jk, it was actually very cute)

They didn't get to interview any artists though :._.:  I was hoping they would interview FTI or Miss A.

Edited by ArtOfProcrastination

She did really well!  :smile:

She delivered her lines perfectly, matched really well with Minho and Zico, and did this gross aegyo that I don't want to talk about lol (jk, it was actually very cute)

They didn't get to interview any artists though :._.:  I was hoping they would interview FTI or Miss A.

I find your sig gif extremely distracting.  Help.  lol

Also... MMMRJKPOP :3

Edited by mrjofficial
  • Like 1

Don't fight it.

Lose yourself in Wheein's devilish eyebrow game.

5qN3xJp.gif5qN3xJp.gif5qN3xJp.gif5qN3xJp.gif

And I said this already, but I loved your review! :meow:

Edited by ArtOfProcrastination

Is there a video?

Oh this wasn't uploaded. But Solar is a MC of something I think

1907623_838435856223719_20222170351108551907633_838435772890394_6170041876086197

Someone post the performance of today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4XF2Ud34cw

They cut the performance a smidge, but all we lost out on was a little bit of the Esna/Hwasa banter.

Solar is so cute :lol:

I knew a compilation wouldn't take too long!

• Like 1

Omg their performance :shock:

I love it!!

How can they be that perfect?!!!

The voices,their attitude,the outfits

:rlytearpls:

I can't find a YT link of their IS performance yet, but I swear, that was some of the best singing I've heard from them TO DATE.

I'm not breathing as I'm typing this because I'm still in shock from their performance. :rlytearpls:

I really really love this. I watch this on livestream and got chills. This is my favourite among all their performance, their voices blending together and the high notes and adlibs and Hwa Sa's doing that whistle register.. omg..

but they lost to Norazo.It's really a disadvantage to be the first performer.

edit: changed the link to official upload by kbs

Edited by nichy23
  • Like 5

I really really love this. I watch this on livestream and got chills. This is my favourite among all their performance, their voices blending together and the high notes and adlibs and Hwa Sa's doing that whistle register.. omg..

but they lost to Norazo.It's really a disadvantage to be the first performer.

edit: changed the link to official upload by kbs

Wow, that is totally 70's (Motown) sound.  This performance was the most emotionally driven for me, although I do like very much "Flying Into the Night Sky".  IMO out of all of Hwa Sa's performances, she showed the most control and vocal range here.  I think they also matured (vocally) in this performance.  Listen without watching, it's a pretty cool experience.

I like the 3 backup singers.  They have a nice harmony.  They're from the "Flying Into the Night Sky" performance too.  :)

Edit:  I edited because nichy23 edited lol. :lol:

Edited by OHuzr

Very emotional, very passionate. I think they probably could stand a chance if they were not called first, because people tend to hold their votes. But Norazo's performance was also another level of craziness. I hope Immortal Song could continue inviting them again, it's a good platform to see how they made songs with different genre to their own Mamamoo songs.

CBviYjmVIAAecX8.jpg

Yep, keep on snapping pictures with other groups/artist Mamamoo. I wanna see them with Crayon Pop doing Super Sentai poses, or Jei and Solar side by side.

• Like 1

There's too much I want to say; I can barely form a coherent sentence right now.

This is definitely my favorite Mamamoo IS performance. I love how they all got their time to shine, especially Moonbyul! She didn't get the oops-we-have-to-squeeze-in-4-bars-somewhere treatment this time. She actually got to rap quite a bit, and boy did she deliver! :ahmagah: 

In fact, they all clearly improved A LOT! Just compare how Solar was struggling to sustain the high note in their first IS performance to her cleanly hitting the high notes here. And Hwasa, gosh, this is probably the most stable she has sounded ever. And Wheein just sounds so beautiful I can't wrap my mind around it.

I'M JUST SO PROUD OF THEM AND I WISH THEY WOULD PERFORM THIS AGAIN AT SOME OTHER EVENT :rlytearpls: :rlytearpls: :rlytearpls:

So, this might be a stupid question, but I can't for the life of me find a place to either buy a physical copy or digital download of the new Mamamoo song.

I've looked mostly everywhere without luck.. So, I ask you fellow MOOs, where have you acquired the new track?

And I just want to say that RookieStalker's DP is throwing me off.  I keep thinking Solar Moon. :lol:

Hwasa is just too gorgeous. It'll be a long time before I change it  :lol:  :derp:

This is suspicious.

you already said this, and you don't seem like the type to make the same joke twice.

So I feel like this is foreshadowing something. Or I'm looking too much into it. :ninja: