Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
HimawariAmu

[Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever

Which universe you prefer?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Solar's universe you prefer?

• Princess
    • Boxer
    • Rockstar
  2. 2. Moonbyul's universe you prefer?

• Music video director
    • Choreographer
    • Entertainment CEO
  3. 3. Whee in's universe you prefer?

• Environmentalist
    • Painter
    • Indie artist
  4. 4. Hwasa's universe you prefer?

• Mother
    • Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

this part as well  :derp:

CszoLiIVUAAI1D3.jpg

Those posters in the wall can be the hints! Damn, I don't have the same detective skills that some of you have so I give up this time!

That one comment about Mamamoo being a tryhard bugs me a bit.

So, I want to start a discussion with you guys.

Do you agree with that? I don't.

Do you think the commenter's "tryhard" comment is referring to the fact that Mamamoo is singing a song about another city, another country, and as a matter of fact, another culture?

But isn't the song about the hilarious experience of a girl lyring to her boyfriend that she's gone to New York?

Do you think some people judge the song too soon just because of its title?

What about being "tryhard", is it the same case in your culture that when someone releases a work of art about a different culture, then it's considered as "being a tryhard"?

I'm sorry for throwing a lot of these questions, but I just want to have a nice discussion with you guys, since for me this fandom is not like other fandoms, and I mean that in a good way.

Also, I'm asking all of these questions just in case there is someone here who comes from SK, so you guys can answer my questions and fulfill my curiosity.

I personally think they're not being a tryhard. Like I said, and the song itself proves, that the song isn't about kissing some country's ass, nor even trying to heavily promote some other city and culture. The song is just about a girl's experience for lying to her boyfriend, right?

Because, in my culture, when someone is trying to kiss ass about some other culture, the society here will judge the person as being a tryhard and even as far as condemning the person to be "forgetting his/her own root". But that's so harsh, and I don't like the way the society here thinks most of the times, so I disagree.

Edited by AbsoluteGarbage

Where did you see this tryhard comment?

In the thread about NB comments. It's posted in this forum.

But like I said in that thread, I know that the comment wasn't meant to be harsh. I think whoever said that meant that as a compliment, but it's just interesting to see the way he/she thinks about the concept of being a tryhard. That's why I started this discussion.

I saw that too and did a double take on the title of the article tbh I was expecting some harsh comments and I don't even know where. Where I come from being a "try hard" our saying someone is one is not exactly a compliment so idk what they meant by that.

I think we should also keep in mind that some things might get lost in translation so :( but I'm glad basically every comment was positive.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Yes, there may be things that get lost in translation, that's another factor.

The reason that it bugs me is that it seems like a compliment, but when you take a look closer, if the person really did use the word that has the closest meaning to "tryhard" in the language he/she's using, then it's not really a compliment as well.

But I am so relieved that the comments are mostly nice and positive. NB and Pann are notorious for being so negative when it comes to certain Kpop groups and idols.

I thought it only had to do with the story/plot/concept of the MV/song, no? Thought the comment was just a playful and sarcastic remark and nothing too serious (it doesn't even have that much downvotes).

I know it wasn't serious, but what comes out of it is an interesting issue.

Lol. I didn't even blink at that one NB comment. I just assume the original meaning of the comment was lost in translation or they didn't really know how to use the word "tryhard"

The absolute last thing I'm worried about is Mamamoo's perception in Korea. They have enjoyed incredible immunity from practically any negativity from the K-Netz and have a reputation in Korea as the girl group you can trust. 

I wouldn't worry about the statement. 

You probably missed my point. The comment did bug me but it's just for a bit. I don't lose sleep over that either.

But what comes out of the comment is what's interesting for me and I just want to discuss about it. For me, since I have been studying about languages and cultures as well, when it comes to an individual's way of thinking about other people is not my business but it's always interesting to be studied. And that was the case with that comment.

I was just trying to discuss about "being tryhard". What's your views on that? Obviously a lot of (if not all) MooMoos agree that Mamamoo is not being a tryhard, okay, I get it, but what's your opinions on "being tryhard"? How is that measured in your society?

But if you guys just want to dismiss that, it's fine. I was only looking for a discussion, which rarely happens in OH (and it seems like it's getting rarer than ever). You guys can forget about this and continue streaming. No hard feelings.

So, basically all of the people now don't even bat an eyelid on whatever's posted on NB or Pann? Okay, then. Noted. I'll make sure not to get "too worked out" next time.

Most will dismiss Pann since there are a lot of immature, bitter fans there.

NB only occasionally post positive articles. I don't mind reading her translations..but often times, she translated articles that doesn't have enough upvotes it's laughable (for example, when some accused Mamamoo of plagiarism on Taller than You and its logo - red heels and "1").

I think it's okay if you want to discuss any articles about Mamamoo in the future. It's just to us here, the 'tryhard' comment - perhaps - doesn't bother us as much as the stuffs we have to bear last week (Mamamoo's stage cancelled, Solar got sexual comments, Wheein was edited out a lot in Happy Together). And we all agree anyway that Mamamoo doesn't need to be a tryhard. We all know they take pride on their work and never once strayed from their path.

Don't get too discouraged to discuss such things here. [emoji4] [emoji4]

I think I brought the topic at the wrong time.

Besides, I already know about how negative Pann and NB can be, but there are things that we can discuss from there, instead of merely dismissing them 100%. But I guess I'm the only one who thinks this way, so.

personally I wouldn't mind discussing more about this tryhard comment if nothing more than to look at it as to see why it was even mentioned - okay we can sit here and say "they didn't even know what it meant" yet its used accurately for certain past winners of UPR....

Personally, I think that knetz use it in a way to say more Western - everytime I've seen it, its been used with the connotation that someone is trying to be more American etc. But did they mean it in a negative way? Or is used as a colloquialism the way I would use the phrase "dead" - is it a flexible phrase?

it is an interesting point and id kill for some interesting conversation on OH right now...

This is what I meant in my post. I love how you always gets me, Kayden. (I hope you can get married with Solar soon!)

I guess the comment indeed has that connotation.

And I figure people in the "Eastern" region (as opposed to the "West") live with the culture that if someone is being more western then they are condemned as being unfaithful to their own culture. This kind of thinking is so outdated for me and I just don't like it. That is why the comment is problematic because it may contain this kind of ideology.

I wish we will never see this kind of comment again. I don't care if the person means that as a compliment but if they bring this tryhard again, then it's their loss.

• Like 1

i was gonna cum here and spazz about the mv but i see yall r havin a srs discussion so i'll cum bak @ a bettr time wpyXLf7.gif

Don't let the discussion prevent you from doing your thing here. I didn't start this discussion to hog the entire thread.

aw you're good  :ahmagah: . do you also know how to make sig?? and moonbyul with that lighter blonde hair  :stare:.she's so pretty

I can try to make one for you. Which image do you want?

Wow. Amazing. I'm so proud that Mamamoo and RBW are producing music that is universally loved. I really hope they get more and more recognition worldwide for world domination!

I just had a weird dream last night and it involved Mamamoo (or at least some of Mamamoo):

So I was in this village in the mountain area, but it doesn't really look like a village. The road is smooth and made of asphalt and there are houses on each side of the street. However, there is this one house that has a lot of tall bushes on its front yard and then I decided to get into the bush.

Suddenly, I ended up being in a very long bridge above a very wide river. (I even doubt if it was a river since it looked more like a lake). It was raining so hard and the sky was very dark and there are a lot of thunders. I was afraid so I started to run, although the bridge seemed endless. But suddenly, Solar came from behind me with a yellow umbrella. And we started running together but then her umbrella was blown by the strong wind and the umbrella fell to the wide river. She looked sad and I apologized to her, but then she continued running and I swear to God suddenly the end of the bridge is there.

I continued to run and follow her (and it was still raining) and then I saw her running into the woods, and weirdly enough I came back to the same bushes in the first place. I ended up in the same street again like the one in the start of my dream but Solar was there and soaked wet and suddenly Moonbyul greeted her and they both walked away together. And then the dream just ended.

What a weird dream and I don't know why MoonSun was there.

Plus, I suddenly remember as I woke up that Moonbyul's official colour is yellow right? The same colour with Solar's umbrella... I wonder what that means.

I think it's pretty safe to say that subconsciously, I'm stanning MoonSun. But the dream is so weird, I even still laugh it off as I'm writing this.

new (or old?) tattoo  :ahmagah:

edit: wait i just notice the ri is bold, do guys think it's related to rihanna?   :hurr:

By the way, did you realize that she keeps singing the word "Maria" in the New York song? (I hope I'm not mistaken).

• Like 2

yeah it seems she loves to sing Ave Maria too :lol:

She sounds so lovely. Her English pronunciation is also good.

Wait, OMG. If they comeback this month, this also means we about to get a bomb ass immortal performance. IM SO EXCITED I CANT WAIT.

They're gonna perform again? It's going to be their ninth time. I don't think anyone will get bored because they always bring something new and always rock the stage. The last performance even drove the entire audience crazy!

Reaction videos somehow always annoy me no matter how much i like the person / group being reacted to... [...]

Hence I never watch them. I just don't see the point of them, unless they analyse the MV and make proper comments like MrJKpop. Seeing people screaming over videos is just... silly for me.

• Like 1

I hope Mamamoo will have a collaboration with VRomance. I can already taste the eargasm.

Does VRomance have a rapper/rappers?

20161009175021138olkg.jpg

20161009175310157kznp.jpg

GUYS. NEW HAIR. NEW HAIRRRR.

CuUEZP5VIAAWYPZ.jpg

Okay, so does anyone notice how Hwasa looks a bit like Shannen Doherty during her year as a Charmed one?

Here's the picture if you guys don't know her or the show:

Season-1-Credit-charmed-631002_500_375.j

Charmed was my favourite series growing up, and I love Shannen as a witch there.

And when I saw that picture you guys posted, Hwasa really looked like her since Shannen also has green-ish eyes (and I know Hwasa was wearing contacts) but the combo of those lenses and her short black hair do... Damn. I can't miss it.

Even so, I kinda dislike the back part of the hair. It makes her looks gorgeous from the front, but when I see it from the side, the back part doesn't look flattering.

inb4 hwasa is rocking natalie portman in v for vendetta style. YAS.

You mean this?

natalie-portman-v-for-vendetta.jpg

OMG I'm not ready if Hwasa is going bald because I'll get balded and scalped as well!

• Like 1

Do you think RBW and Mamamoo is pulling off a Beyoncé? Like, dropping album out of nowhere. That's the biggest surprise of all.

And Kayden, I understand you swerving to Hwasa because truthfully, you can't have one of them as your wife bias. All Mamamoo members are wife-worthy ready to make you change lane in every turn. Even I can't decide anymore...

tumblr_oey556gsbo1ra459co1_400.giftumblr_oey556gsbo1ra459co2_400.gif

Kinky...

I mean, look at Moonbyul's face... it's clear Hwasa is the youngest but when it comes to kinky stuff, she's the top. #MaknaeOnTop #HwasaRules #WhenWillSolar

Nov 4th. Bookmark it

Two days earlier, f(x) will also release their Japanese double A side "4 Walls" and "Cowboy".

If they drop it on Nov 4, my f(mamamoo) feels! Welcoming November with rejoice! I feel blessed

• Like 2

Something about it feels right;

even though my vocal bae hyoring from sistar is releasing on nov 8th - I think it would be ideal to have MMM and another vocal queen go at it in Nov.

Twice are due oct 24th and lets be honest, all focus will be on them (its not even about sales or charting to me rn but about good music exposure), IOI coming back next week and Barstarz coming back. Groups with anticipated comebacks.... like... lets not get overshadowed by this and VIXX on top.

November is just as hard with seohyun, hyorin, UKISS, Blackpink (rumoured), seventeen and bigbang but I would MUCH rather MMM released in November with such anticipated artists.

prolly just me

At this rate, I think they will have a comeback early November instead. It's already mid October and we only had one pre-release single.

I love how chill and open-minded you guys are.

I honestly won't say anything regarding the announcement, there could be things we don't know so I won't just be quick to judge.

All in all, I'm glad that our Mamas are okay. Car accidents have claimed so many lives (including the precious EunB and RiSe) and it still shocks me when I hear people experiencing car accidents, especially Kpop idols. I just hope the driver can be very cautious next time, because there are four talented ladies on board, four women that we love so much.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

THEIR NEW HAIR IS FREAKIN GORGEOUS.CvH8PVqWAAA2xVo.jpg

they did, once. it was their latest appearance on IS, Blissful Confession iirc.

I'm getting f(x) Luna Red Light vibe from Hwasa's new hair color! And Wheein with bangs! That's new!

Animals who look like Jung Wheein

23dd559a98fae5d0a84c03bdc247062d.jpg

These are so accurate I can't even...