Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
HimawariAmu

[Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever

Which universe you prefer?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Solar's universe you prefer?

• Princess
    • Boxer
    • Rockstar
  2. 2. Moonbyul's universe you prefer?

• Music video director
    • Choreographer
    • Entertainment CEO
  3. 3. Whee in's universe you prefer?

• Environmentalist
    • Painter
    • Indie artist
  4. 4. Hwasa's universe you prefer?

• Mother
    • Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

So cute! <3

Hi *shyly wave*

I'm a new MooMoo and I'm a new One Hallyu user. :meow: I kind of created this account just so I could vote for Moonbyul in this pool *shameless confession* :chu: For some reason, though, something goes wrong everytime I try to vote and so my vote isn't counted :rlytearpls:

Anyway, I'm 100% clueless about how to use One Hallyu. Like, I have tons of questions regarding Mamamoo but I don't know where is the right place to ask them? May someone clarify this for me please? :)

Welcome to the radish farm, fellow new MooMoo.

First thing you can check the OP and you can ask here right away.

http://onehallyu.com/topic/40768-the-mamamoo-official-thread-youre-the-best-achieves-perfect-all-kill-4-roof-hits/

New radish are always welcome.

OTH I did the same thing I created this account solely for Mamamoo.

• Like 2

based on my knowledge xd

2. Solar was a flight attendant in training iirc before she was scouted when she was like on some sorta singing booth in a carnival-like place

Moonbyul - she did not disclose

Wheein - Was in the same agency for awhile with Moonbyul but did not disclose agency name, but she was under RBW (when RBW were an agency that helps other agencies to find [talented] trainees, that did not debut groups) with Hwasa

Hwasa - RBW

4. The popularity between each member is extremely equal IMO.

FYI: The bias poll is actually kind of misleading because I know most of the moomoos consider all of the members as their biases but in the poll we have to pick only one, so...  :lol:

I wish we could actually vote for more than one XD but that will be a disaster.

Ohyes, King of Masked Singer is my fav show since Pilot. I watched every second of it (and replayed a dozen of them, because it's so good!)

And it's just a great show reviving classic Kpop. Sometimes I watched other shows like Sugarman (yes, Moonbyul and Solar did great in it), the audience all referenced to have heard an oldie kpop song from Masked Singer. It's THAT popular.

Let's hope we'll see some "do nothing" from their ig update. That'll be good news to me. It's only April. It'll get hot and Olympic fever, that's when we want Mamamoo to go all out! :ahmagah:

I don't know if this is a start sign of "do nothing" but i catch Moonbyul fancafe post of her doing some sort of a connect the dot puzzle while lying on the floor (according to the translation). I was relieve that they are starting to have their healing time nowadays.

Still thinking on what that puzzle actually is since it looks fun.

• Like 1

Kmoomoos: Moonbyul, Solar

Kcasuals: Solar - wall of China - Whee In (because of collabos and tv shows) or Hwa Sa (million of collabos with rappers, Hyuna, Kisum, etc...)

intlmoomoos: Whee In, Moonbyul

intlcasuals: Hwa Sa, Moonbyul

Pretty accurate observation.

Cg8_rzAWUAAXO9m.jpg

Black Hair Hwasa is baaaaacccccckkkkkk

Fatal Ahn!!!!!

answering #2

Wheein and Moonbyul are the two members who seem to have the most history of training elsewhere. Wheein was a CCM (T-ara) trainee, Moonbyul was a DBusiness (D-Unit) trainee and i'm pretty sure a Dream Tea (Girls Day trainee). Apparently there was some other company that almost debuted Wheein and Moonbyul in the same group. There's not much info on Hwasa and Solar being at other companies, but you're right Hwasa was at RBW for a while and used to do a lot of work for them. Solar was scouted into RBW relatively recently.

edit; double post

Ah such history.

It really is amazing that Hwasa and Wheein manage to debut together given that Wheein was not with RBW before. I also wonder what kind of group that one in where Moonbyul was the leader and Wheein was the maknae.

Sometimes I wish we could know how this team of wonderfully talented individual come together. 

I want to share this because its bittersweet hahaha

So I went to my local store and order for the first time a fisical copy of a kpop album (melting) or so i thought because they order the kihno cards

So i went and they told me " sorry we thought it was the cd when we told you special edition bla bla..." and the manager said " i was so intrigued that i search the group..." and broke af me was like "and you like it ???? :D" then she blush and said she loved it and in my mind i was "damn it now I'm even more broke buuuut we have a new freaking moomoo" hahaahha and that's my story.

Now im waiting for the real melting cd + poverty

I dont know if you understand what im trying to say since freaking English but i wanted tp share hahaha

+ for New Moomoo on the field.

I'll join you in the waiting for the cd game.

RIP Wallets.

ChBQMB4U8AAeONu.jpg

when your ships sail on their own.

This pic alone has MoonSun, WheeByul, WheeSun.

I feel like Hwasa is in a couch with a bucket of chicken and eating it like popcorn while watching this ships.

Edited by kaisaki
  • Like 5

I was late to the who's wealthy in Mamamoo conversation and either it's all of them or we should rest assured that despite their busy schedules,  Mamamoo is currently being *~paid~*. or they are popular now so they're getting clothing sponsors.

There's a tumblr called Mamamoo Style that has been tracking down what Mamamoo has been wearing. And Hwasa was just spotted holding 2 bags that together are worth over three thousand dollars

And Moonbyul was walking around w/ a Thom Brown bag worth almost a thousand dollars

Even Solar is wearing comme des garcons now

(Side note, is Kim Shin Young secretly Wheein's auntie or something? I mean I get they are friends but buying her a $410 pair of shoes seems like a lot of money to drop on someone. Kim Shin Young is successful herself, so I'm sure she can afford it, but still, lol)

I think they are getting paid well; They have been able to move to their own apartments and aside from singer credits they are getting composer/lyricist credits too. They hard work from Um Oh Ah Yea Era to Melting Era I don't think they rested much in between paid off really well for them.

I think they all come off to pretty well off family with Wheein coming from a very artist oriented family; Hwasa (i reviewed the weekly idol) was the one living in the wealthy section of Jeunju. Moonbyul was supported right away by her parents on her dream of becoming an idol so I think they have money to fully support her in her endeavor and not worry. As for Solar I don't know though, but so far it seems she is from well off family as well. Wheein to me seems to be the wealthiest, with that big living room comment.  

On the side note I like that blog. The prices though oO. Wow those are expensive.

• Like 2

just after I posted I saw this on twitter

So that adds more fuel to the Mamamoo are getting paid theory. How many festivals did they do last year? 40?

The biggest thing for me is that a lot of pictures of the members spotted wearing expensive items are happening post UOAY. Yes, Wheein had that jacket pre-debut, but it's not that expensive. If you really liked the brand and the jacket and you weren't completely destitute, it wouldn't be hard to save and buy a jacket in the $100-200 range. 

And they did the 4 events schedule twice, 4 events at that price. Mamamoo is getting paid real well. I'm really  happy for them.

Oh Sugarman will be next next week, I need to mark that on my calendar.

Click here to view the Tweet

I'm excited for sugarman :lub:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Question How can I properly link twitter post: I can't seem to figure out.

Edited by kaisaki

Use the following format:

Or press the Special BBCode button (to the left of font selection), select Tweet (not Twitter) and there you go.

Thank you very much :)

I see so that is why i can't figure it out, i keep pressing the twitter one rather than the tweet one.

Edited by kaisaki

While listening/watching Melon Radio 4tune Cookie Ep2 and Ep3. Add weekly Idol and it is all about chicken.
I realize how much Mamamoo love chicken so much. Hwasa will not give up her chicken without a fight.

Ah now I'm hungry.

Finally finish a fan-art of sort.

Stumble upon fanfic in AFF about Mamamoo X Ragnarok - since I played ragnarok It took my fancy and I could not get out the idea of Hwasa as Wizard so there you go. The Hwazard.

the_rise_of_hwazard_by_kaisaki1342-da0mv

The coloring was done pretty bland.

• Like 10

Hello fellow Moomoos,
I'm planning to upload one of my fanarts to daum; I already joined; If i upload it should it go to fanart area or just the foreign MMM area? If ever I upload it to fanart area - is it ok to have an english caption? are there any rule I need to keep In my mind.

Sorry and Thank you very much.

ChN9RZ8UcAEJ-2R.jpg

This is the one up going to upload once i finish it. (It will probably be my siggy too).

Edited by kaisaki
  • Like 4

Every Mamamoo member is a bias wrecker in a any given time.

Moonbyul/Yul-Oppa during Um Oh Ah Yeah

Wheein in YTB

Solar everytime she sing highnotes

Now Hwasa XD

I give up I'm just gonna stan all of them. :rlytearpls:

Edited by kaisaki
  • Like 2

prepare ur weave girl

at this point they should just release a full album full of Immortal song covers lol  :lol:

A full immortal song cover album :rlytearpls:  would be really nice;

Is this like their 8th time, they pretty much semi regular now.

Are Mamamoo one of the most invited idol group in the show?

Is it airing now? Because I saw it's lit af in Twitter!

They just finished performing, they got 433. Still waiting on the other performers. I thnk 2 more.

All I can say after their perf, despite laggy stream is - They killed. Everyone is on fire.

and Nanananananannanana, 9..10 bang I'm dead.

Also :

When legends are stanning Mamamoo too.

Edited by kaisaki
  • Like 2

Mamamoo Won!!!, These Girls, truly are the best!!!

• Like 6

The competition was stiff this episode. Out of all the IS2 episodes Mamamoo has been on this was by far the best, every performance was lit. The fact that they won, while sick, and against great performers and sunbaes is OUTSTANDING! I am so proud of them. Mamamoo is continually improving and getting recognition from all over. They truly are icons already, at least for me.  :rlytearpls:  :lub:

They already are, I mean for me as well.

Legends admitting they are fans.

Mamamoo - wants to become an icon of music, they might not have realize it, but they are becoming one if they are not already one.

• Like 2

yesss, in time for the 1100th page to make a congrats to my girls  :ahmagah:

sfRE1hT.gif

they finally did it! they won an overall cup on IS. i'm so glad.

and the performance was amazing indeed. everything was so on point. i love it ughhh.

btw the crowd's reaction was crazy lol (so was mine) 

brb gotta spend all my upvotes on anyone that said congrats our girls today.

lmao yes i noticed her too. the couple were crazy for mamamoo, especially when the girls flashed their jackets. i laughed so hard at their reaction lol

I have repeatedly watch the video for 2 reason; Mamamoo slay and the audience reaction is so funny. They are literally spazzing and loosing it in their sits. My reaction was closer to the one biting her finger. Their performance is a literal nail-biter. 

its amazing how can they be so sexy performing in suits barely showing any skins and the fangirls reaction are the best. Poor guy got hit by combo though.

Oh happy 1100 page!!!! I might only been here from 1020 or so but it feels like I have been here for a long time.

Edited by kaisaki
  • Like 3

have you guys seen this post about my baby?

http://onehallyu.com/topic/321664-nb-pann-a-rookie-girl-group-member-debuted-after-full-body-surgery/page-2 

They are all accusing Solar of going through a full body surgery???? damn, you get popular and bam here come all the conspiracy theorys

I wish Solar will not read this, I'm sure though she probably already has. These people though, the hell if you have no evidence why, ah some people really have .....

OTH her being on that show is pulling  this people out of the woodwork that a side of me wish I can pull her of off that show.

Another stupid, baseless rumor given life by jealous Pann fangirls because Mamamoo is rapidly rising and Solar is "married" to Eric Nam. The accusation doesn't even make sense.

Solar didn't originally have a passion for singing. She loved to travel and wanted to become a flight attendant.

Solar wasn't a young girl who had tried and failed at every attempt to bring into the entertainment industry and nearly gave up before miraculously securing a deal with an agency.

She was randomly scouted at a singing event while performing a Whitney Houston song.

Nothing about Solar's entry into RBW comes close to matching what this stupid rumor is claiming. 

Solar was initially worried about people's perception of her age, not her looks. 

This rumor is so silly. I don't think I can spare any more time on it.

Any positive buzz about Mamamoo's IS2 win?

Currently their performance is trending #4 In Naver. Mamamoo as a group is trending #3 in Daum.

Early morning buzz I guess.

• Like 1

I usually do as soon as the song comes out, but it's exam period rn so I didn't have the time [emoji20] maybe when I get home?

Take your time, and good luck on your exam.