Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
HimawariAmu

[Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever

Which universe you prefer?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Solar's universe you prefer?

• Princess
    • Boxer
    • Rockstar
  2. 2. Moonbyul's universe you prefer?

• Music video director
    • Choreographer
    • Entertainment CEO
  3. 3. Whee in's universe you prefer?

• Environmentalist
    • Painter
    • Indie artist
  4. 4. Hwasa's universe you prefer?

• Mother
    • Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

I know a music show win will be tough, but how many of us Mamamoo to reach the top 5 on a chart dominated by Big Bang and Exo? Have faith! Maybe they can at least get a win on the show or show champion. The public loves their music and the fandom is growing, judging by those fan chants

I'm not going to critique your opinion of the song, because music is one of the most subjective experiences we enjoy and it would be a waste of your time and mine to argue your taste in music. For instance, I absolutely love 90s style R&B music, so to hear Mamamoo's tackle it really struck a chord with me and I love their title track.

What I will critique a little are the fans who are trying to package Mamamoo into a little box of retro sounds and tunes from the 60s. I think it's a bit of a fallacy to say something isn't "Mamamoo's sound", because I think the beauty of Mamamoo is that their talents, vocal colors and ability to own the stage allow them to tackle almost any genre of music successfully.

Mamamoo can take any genre and (I know this is a generic phrase, but it applies) truly make it their own. This was late 80s/early 90s R&B with that Mamamoo charm to it. Freakin Shoes was a crazy bass-driven almost hip hop track that the girls masterfully sing/rap just as well as their songs that bring us back to the 60s.

If Mamamoo dropped a track that sounds like it could be in Unpretty Rapstar, I wouldn't think "Ugh..this is so not Mamamoo's style. Where's my retro?", I would think "Oh shit! Mamamoo is tackling a 100% hip hop concept. Can't wait!"

If you read their interviews, the girls WANT to try out a variety of different genre. The fact some of us aren't a fan of their ventures through different music styles shouldn't be an indictment against Mamamoo; it's a reflect of our differing tastes if anything.

A lot of you would prefer more music like Piano Man. I would prefer more music like Don't Be Happy or Freakin Shoes. It's preference. The beautiful thing is that Mamamoo is so superb that they will own both concepts and satisfy both camps.

You don't like Freaking Shoes or UAOY? Listen to No No No or Self Camera then!

I think people fighting over their "sound" are missing the beauty of Mamamoo's talents. At least that's what drew me to them and kept me around

• Like 11

I would upvote the f-ck outta you but I'm out of upvotes ;_;

It's the thought that counts, right?

Quite strikingly similar to what I said a while back in this thread. :lol:

Remarkable! Well I wish a lot more of their fans could see what we do

By the way, I highly dislike Music Core. It's a relationship beyond repair. First they cut Bestie's comeback stage short and now they do it to Mamamoo too? That's two strikes and you're out.

The charts don't matter a whole lot to me. I've enjoyed all of Mamamoo's past releases having no idea how they charted. But I know how much it means to the girls and CEO KDH!

Having been through this type of ride not too long ago with EXID, I know these will be precious memories for them and how excited they are right now.

They truly deserve the title of Monster Rookies now.

Do we have a list of every celeb who has promoted Mamamoo's new album? It all still feels so surreal to me.

And do you all think they can win at least one music show? I feel like UOAY is getting tons of love, and if not for AoA and Sistar both dropping singles today, it may have made it to 3 on the charts. I've seen nothing but positive comments about the comeback

Seriously, guys. Mamamoo's big disadvantage now is fandom size, compared to their senior groups. We know they have the best song. The Korean public knows it. They deserve to win at least one music show. I'm willing to do whatever I can to increase their chances :)

Anyone believe the girls can get at least one music show win this promotion cycle? Is there a show where they're more likely to win than others? Is there a feasible way for i-fans to vote on it?

Seriously. During any other period, I think they'd have a few show wins easily, but it's stiff, stiff competition..and their song is still charting so well.

Also, since things are slowing down here this week, I thought I'd ask what's everybody's favorite tracks on Pinky Funk? Can you rank them from favorite to least favorite?

I'll start. And I'll preface that the margin between each song is incredibly small

1. Freakin Shoes

2. Um Oh Ah Yeah (the margin between these two songs is paper thin for me. UOAY may overtake FS by the end of the week)

3. Self Camera

4. No No No

5. Ahh Oop!

6. A Little Bit

For those who care, Mamamoo's first live performance of Um Oh Ah Yeah has crossed the 1,000,000 view plateau.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XaZQAZa8eA

It's almost accrued as many views as their Ah Oop! MV.

That impact.

With all these girl group releases and senior groups releasing music, UOAY has held steady as a top 15 song on the Melon Chart and is peaking at around 12-13 when Korea wakes up and the song has been out for a month+

They are on the rise.

I'm hoping for a show win on the next comeback. We should get a little more organized as a fandom to give them a fighting chance next time on the shows we can vote on :)

Also, is anyone going to the Korean Festival in October to see them? I literally said to my friends that I would fly to any part of the US whenever they perform here for the first time, so I plan on fulfilling that obligation to see them. I wonder if they'll sign things~ I'm thinking of bring a radish and my copy of Pink Funky

Today's Goodbye Stage on M Countdown

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2z0doz_mnet-%EB%A7%88%EB%A7%88%EB%AC%B4-%EC%9D%8C%EC%98%A4%EC%95%84%EC%98%88-mcd-150723-1080i-hdmi_tv

The YT upload cuts the performance off -_-

Edited by YamaChan
  • Like 3

July has definitely been Troll Solar Month. All the members have been paying her back for all her trolling over the past year.

It was just a fanmeeting but it was as hilarious as MMMTV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyNkI_XfbEw

highlights:

Solar get trolled again

Whee In accidentally turned to a puppy and barked (seriously she barked)

The megaphone suddenly playing Whee In's singing of "I love you, saranghae" when Hwa Sa was trying to speak through it, and Whee In's embarrassment ensued

MoonSun.. so much of it

You should put a disclaimer for that video.

Warning: Clicking this youtube link while wearing headphones at high volume may result in permanent loss of hearing

I didn't even have mine on and it sounded like the hounds of hell were descending from my computer's speakers.

But I love their fan meets. They're so chill and personable. 

There isn't much (read: nothing) I dislike about Mamamooo though.

I can't even with the upcoming Weekly Idol schedule. Mamamoo has officially arrived. Just look at it.

210 August 5, 2015 Girl's Day
211 August 12, 2015 Wonder Girls
212 August 19, 2015 Mamamoo
213 August 26, 2015 Girls' Generation

We did it! Just seeing Mamamoo's name in there with those groups, sandwiched between two legends got my feeling some type of way today.

Started from the bottom now we here!

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

Hi there I haven't posted here before but I just watched MAMAMOO's latest performance on Music Core and the fanchants during their performance was incredible I highly recommend watching it if you haven't already!!! I'm so proud of them!!

:rlytearpls:

Simply glorious

Am I the only one who has watched that performance a dozen times already? I feel like it perfectly captures how special and pivotal this comeback was for Mamamoo. They've officially taken the next big leap in their young careers!

Can't wait to see them this October~

This acapella is perfection

You can't kill me like this, Mamamoo :rlytearpls: :rlytearpls:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkmwrITfDuY&feature=youtu.be

They have effortlessly slayed me yet again. 

I think this is fantastic enough to warrant its own topic  :hurr:

EDIT: Lmao. Sparkilene beat me to it! 

So moving on...what does everyone think Mamamoo meant by "Coming Soon" in their last epic performance of UOAY? 

Edited by YamaChan

You're the best as always!

By the way, Mamamoo has been confirmed to be performing on Saturday October 3rd at that Korean Festival in LA, for those who were wondering which day they'd actually perform.

I'm stoked. And I will be there!

The girls doing their usual crazy stuff again :imstupid: :imstupid:

This would be them in karaoke lol

They are so ridorkously crazy...

I LOVE IT

Can we not with the bashing thread quotes and mentions? That stuff is kept in that topic for a reason, and if you go in, you know what to expect, so even if they're bashing one of your bias groups or members, it shouldn't really come as a surprise. You're not going to see nice things in there about them.

At the very least, don't re post them here. Not when mrjkpop made the shocking revelation earlier this year that Mamamoo or at least RBW are aware of this thread.

Let's not re-post that stuff here.

• Like 7

150815 Music Core Special Stage Mamamoo (The Guy in Yellow Shirt + Single Ladies)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIfMe5Yr7hs&feature=youtu.be

let me cry at the giant radish

CMbq_YgWoAARKkw.jpg

That radish was the second best part of the performance after Mamamoo themselves. 

Korea just can't get enough of Mamamoo right now. They won't even let them off the stage for more than a few days.

Can't wait for their WI and IS2 episodes

I don't know why you all bother with the bashing thread. It's not there for the purpose of objective, constructive criticism. It's there to vent your frustrations and flames, and it doesn't even have to be for a good reason. 

My time here on OH has been relatively short, but I literally put bashing thread messages in the same classification as youtube comments. Oftentimes mindless, seldom entertaining and rarely shows any sign of substance.

It's really not worth talking about. 

Mamamoo's body of work in their short time on the music scene speaks for itself really. 

• Like 4

Just remember where the girls and us Moo Moos came from fam.

From this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HS98v5UUNc&feature=youtu.be

To this:

And they're just getting started. Who has time to worry about the haters? We have a SMTM4 performance, Weekly Idol filming and Immortal Song 2 stage to look forward to.

• Like 4