Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
HimawariAmu

[Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever

Which universe you prefer?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Solar's universe you prefer?

• Princess
    • Boxer
    • Rockstar
  2. 2. Moonbyul's universe you prefer?

• Music video director
    • Choreographer
    • Entertainment CEO
  3. 3. Whee in's universe you prefer?

• Environmentalist
    • Painter
    • Indie artist
  4. 4. Hwasa's universe you prefer?

• Mother
    • Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

Oh thank you so much! chuplz.png  I'm really excited for their comeback and as an American fan, I really want them to debut in the states since they're so talented and really deserve it! If they stop by where I live or near where I live for a concert, I'm willing to buy tickets for them! I watched their 2018 MAMA Japan performance and dang, they really slay (especially Solar with her pole dancing (she's a very powerful bias wrecker) and ofc, Queen Hwasa!)! However, I really want to know more about them. Any recommendations of live performances or videos that showcase more of their personalities? They seem like fun and down-to-earth women who seem enjoyable to see of. smile.png

I'm not American but even I'm hoping for them to go to the states and have more activities there. They haven't stepped foot there in forever and I think they really have the kind of appeal that American fans would love and appreciate. Particularly their stage manners and vocals.

For live performances I'd recommend checking out their appearances on Immortal Songs 2. It's a show where currently active Korean musicians go on to rearrange and perform legendary songs and compete against each other. Mamamoo has been on there many times. My favourites are Passion Flower, Way to Sampo, Love Story of a Girl, You in My Fading Memory, Wonderful Confession, Backwoods. The performances on IS2 really showcase their vocals and stage skills. 

Also would recommend checking out their appearances on Yu Hee Yeol's Sketchbook. They're known as the queens of medleys and have done quite a few of those on this show. I've put my faves under spoilers.

If you want to see more of their personalities the first video any Moomoo will always recommend is MMMTV season 1 episode 6 - How to Play in the Car. MMMTV is behind the scenes stuff and lets you see what they're really like. Their appearances on Weekly Idol have also been hilarious. 

For all Mamamoo content we have a handy index that has everything compiled by era - Mamamoo Video Index

Content used to be subbed by Mamamoo Trans and you'll still find a lot of vids by them if you search Mamamoo Trans 3 on YT. Nowadays the main sub team is MoomooSubs and they have a YT channel and a twitter account. They're also taking care of keeping the vid index up to date. A reliable individual translators to follow on twitter for quick Mamamoo updates is @ch0sshi

If the index is a bit too overwhelming and archive-y to start with there's also the STAN MAMAMOO.pdf which has info on the group each member, content, accounts to follow etc. and all presented in a visually pleasing way.

Ok I've dropped like a boatload of things on you to check out. It's probably more than enough for now laugh.png

• Like 4

QUEEN HWASA amgplz.png

YAS!!!! Nobody can fight me on this-Hwasa is THE Queen. 

I'm not American but even I'm hoping for them to go to the states and have more activities there. They haven't stepped foot there in forever and I think they really have the kind of appeal that American fans would love and appreciate. Particularly their stage manners and vocals.

For live performances I'd recommend checking out their appearances on Immortal Songs 2. It's a show where currently active Korean musicians go on to rearrange and perform legendary songs and compete against each other. Mamamoo has been on there many times. My favourites are Passion Flower, Way to Sampo, Love Story of a Girl, You in My Fading Memory, Wonderful Confession, Backwoods. The performances on IS2 really showcase their vocals and stage skills. 

Also would recommend checking out their appearances on Yu Hee Yeol's Sketchbook. They're known as the queens of medleys and have done quite a few of those on this show. I've put my faves under spoilers.

If you want to see more of their personalities the first video any Moomoo will always recommend is MMMTV season 1 episode 6 - How to Play in the Car. MMMTV is behind the scenes stuff and lets you see what they're really like. Their appearances on Weekly Idol have also been hilarious. 

For all Mamamoo content we have a handy index that has everything compiled by era - Mamamoo Video Index

Content used to be subbed by Mamamoo Trans and you'll still find a lot of vids by them if you search Mamamoo Trans 3 on YT. Nowadays the main sub team is MoomooSubs and they have a YT channel and a twitter account. They're also taking care of keeping the vid index up to date. A reliable individual translators to follow on twitter for quick Mamamoo updates is @ch0sshi

If the index is a bit too overwhelming and archive-y to start with there's also the STAN MAMAMOO.pdf which has info on the group each member, content, accounts to follow etc. and all presented in a visually pleasing way.

Ok I've dropped like a boatload of things on you to check out. It's probably more than enough for now laugh.png

Thank you so much! As a college student, I'm usually on the go, but when I get free time, I'll check them out. Thank you again! :D

***EDIT: I didn't know Moonbyul loves computer and math games...as a computer science and math major and math geek myself, I have renewed respect for Moonbyul...imhappyplz.png ***

Edited by ScientificTaegher

I guess now that the White Wind logo is revealed, and I've been able to get better versions of the members' solo logos (treble clef, bass clef, eighth note, and repeat sign) I can finally get my Mamamoo tattoo! 

I'm so going to regret this in 10 years, but at least I'll have fond memories of the group. 

• Like 3

I guess now that the White Wind logo is revealed, and I've been able to get better versions of the members' solo logos (treble clef, bass clef, eighth note, and repeat sign) I can finally get my Mamamoo tattoo!

I'm so going to regret this in 10 years, but at least I'll have fond memories of the group.

that's gonna be awesome! share the pic after you get your tattoo!

Honestly I'm not surprised at this move. Some groups entirely ban any fan gifts even outside fansigns and only allow fan letters and similar fan projects. Usually happens when the group has been earning well for a while and the group's popularity has risen so high that it's become burdensome to handle and store everything that's received. So RBW's restriction is mild in comparison. 

I've also seen post-its get banned for other groups before so that's not surprising either. I assume one reason companies tend to ban this sooner or later is because they can easily be faked - I've definitely seen some obviously fake post-its for other groups roam around on social media that some naive fans believe to be true. Another reason could be that some fans might ask less than appropriate questions via post-its.

As to the filming/taking photos rule:

Now that I think about it, for a good while now we've been getting fancams only of the part after the actual signing ends and the girls get out in front with mics and start communicating with fans. That's the more interesting and fun part to watch anyway. 

So all in all this doesn't really change anything for international fans. We will still get fancams from fansigns.

Some Moos on twt are already jumping to conclusions and making a mountain out of a molehill about this but whatevs. It'll calm down again soon as it always does. 

Edited by LaRue
  • Like 1

Honestly I'm not surprised at this move. Some groups entirely ban any fan gifts even outside fansigns and only allow fan letters and similar fan projects. Usually happens when the group has been earning well for a while and the group's popularity has risen so high that it's become burdensome to handle and store everything that's received. So RBW's restriction is mild in comparison. 

I've also seen post-its get banned for other groups before so that's not surprising either. I assume one reason companies tend to ban this sooner or later is because they can easily be faked - I've definitely seen some obviously fake post-its for other groups roam around on social media that some naive fans believe to be true. Another reason could be that some fans might ask less than appropriate questions via post-its.

As to the filming/taking photos rule:

Now that I think about it, for a good while now we've been getting fancams only of the part after the actual signing ends and the girls get out in front with mics and start communicating with fans. That's the more interesting and fun part to watch anyway. 

So all in all this doesn't really change anything for international fans. We will still get fancams from fansigns.

Some Moos on twt are already jumping to conclusions and making a mountain out of a molehill about this but whatevs. It'll calm down again soon as it always does. 

Honestly not much change. It almost the same rule as before - the only change is the food from reduce to completely banned. edit : added Also the banning of gifts.

The no video during signing started I think  during Purple era it's always been fine during the phototime/session just not during signing.

The post it according to thewheepup [who spent time in korea participating in fansigns] has always been banned.

So IDK wht.. they are freaking out about. like. what!?

RBW was just reiterating the rules. idontthinksobetchplz.png

I know its popular for them to be angry at RBW but sometimes like... 

I guess few people pay attention to those rules before.

Edited by kaichi

Honestly not much change. It almost the same rule as before - the only change is the food from reduce to completely banned.

The no video during signing started I think  during Purple era it's always been fine during the phototime/session just not during signing.

The post it according to thewheepup [who spent time in korea participating in fansigns] has always been banned.

So IDK wht.. they are freaking out about. like. what!?

RBW was just reiterating the rules. idontthinksobetchplz.png

I know its popular for them to be angry at RBW but sometimes like... 

I guess few people pay attention to those rules before.

Lmao even better. 

So essentially there's a tiny change that doesn't affect int Moomoos at all and everything else stays the same. 

I wish all accounts with a large following would always check very carefully before posting something like this knowing what the mood in the fandom is like towards the company. Not everyone is on fancafe and reads stuff that's posted there and lots of fans are quite new as well. Most of us are heavily reliant on update accounts and translators. Plus the habits many people have developed when using social media nowadays means that fact checking is done rarely or not at all.

Oh well we're about to get a solo MV teaser in an hour and everyone will forget about this storm in a teacup.

Edit:

Clarification tweet by LilySubs

Well damn, I didn't even think that some people could get this creepy (secret up-close recordings?*shudder*) and that's why that filming rule is in place. Reason number 298645 why I could never be an idol. Good that RBW is trying to protect the girls as much as possible.

Edited by LaRue

Lmao even better. 

So essentially there's a tiny change that doesn't affect int Moomoos at all and everything else stays the same. 

I wish all accounts with a large following would always check very carefully before posting something like this knowing what the mood in the fandom is like towards the company. Not everyone is on fancafe and reads stuff that's posted there and lots of fans are quite new as well. Most of us are heavily reliant on update accounts and translators. Plus the habits many people have developed when using social media nowadays means that fact checking is done rarely or not at all.

Oh well we're about to get a solo MV teaser in an hour and everyone will forget about this storm in a teacup.

Edit:

Clarification tweet by LilySubs

Well damn, I didn't even think that some people could get this creepy (secret up-close recordings?*shudder*) and that's why that filming rule is in place. Reason number 298645 why I could never be an idol. Good that RBW is trying to protect the girls as much as possible.

I wish really they could check on it and fact check before spreading. :/ they are getting angry at nothing like literally nothing. People get angry easily over nothing nowadays because they can't wait for further info or search for abit.

Edited by kaichi

I'm so excited for this! It looks like it's going to be so much fun!

And I'd recommend anyone to listen to the teaser with a pair of headphones/earphones - it makes a world of difference.

• Like 1

Oh god, they're really coming for us all. rlytearpls.png

• Like 1

is my siggy ok rlytearpls.png ahmagahplz.png lovestruck.png

and dp

lol i was literally checking out this page bc i saw your sig when i was in the cherry bullet thread. i LOVE the high ponies! rlytearpls.png  it's a great siglovestruck.png

I had checked out Solar and Moonbyul's teasers without headphones, and took @LaRue's suggestion to listen to it with headphones. Byul's teaser popped off like DAAAAMN. 

They aren't playing with the mixing in this comeback, give me that low bass! 

• Like 1

Are we getting Yes I Am-esque song again? After three "serious" songs, I think it's time rlytearpls.png

already loving the sound + looks of it

hypeee ahmagahplz.png