Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
HimawariAmu

[Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever

Which universe you prefer?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Solar's universe you prefer?

• Princess
    • Boxer
    • Rockstar
  2. 2. Moonbyul's universe you prefer?

• Music video director
    • Choreographer
    • Entertainment CEO
  3. 3. Whee in's universe you prefer?

• Environmentalist
    • Painter
    • Indie artist
  4. 4. Hwasa's universe you prefer?

• Mother
    • Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

I personally adore Wind Flower as a creative outlet that this group has played around with and in my opinion along with Paint Me are the most successful in terms of connecting with me. Aesthetically it's a beautiful piece and probably one of my favourite MV's out there as there's quite a lot of symbolism in it - but then again, for others who just listen for the sake of music itself may not take as much interest as I do. 

I'd like to also add that I'm not a huge fan of K-Pop for multiple reasons. Mamamoo has been a fresh air with their diversity and I'm more drawn to their live stages (honestly, I'm not a fan of their pre 4-seasons songs with the exception of the jazzy/blues pre-debut era), and I look forward to seeing these girls grow into artists as I don't see them as idols at this point. 

I only recently plucked up the courage to join OH, nice to meet you all! ilikeitplz.png 

welcome! <3 

I personally adore Wind Flower as a creative outlet that this group has played around with and in my opinion along with Paint Me are the most successful in terms of connecting with me. Aesthetically it's a beautiful piece and probably one of my favourite MV's out there as there's quite a lot of symbolism in it - but then again, for others who just listen for the sake of music itself may not take as much interest as I do. 

I'd like to also add that I'm not a huge fan of K-Pop for multiple reasons. Mamamoo has been a fresh air with their diversity and I'm more drawn to their live stages (honestly, I'm not a fan of their pre 4-seasons songs with the exception of the jazzy/blues pre-debut era), and I look forward to seeing these girls grow into artists as I don't see them as idols at this point. 

I only recently plucked up the courage to join OH, nice to meet you all! ilikeitplz.png 

Welcome! I've seen some people who also like Mamamoo for their music and performances, although they're not K-pop fans. I love how Mamamoo is recognized not merely as a K-pop group or idols, but also artists, and that people from outside the K-pop world, from any age, can access and like their music.

Officially became a moomoo recently because Windflower was such a great song.

But why was it not that popular compared to their other songs? Did it just have bad promos compared to Starry Night?

But why was it not that popular compared to their other songs? Did it just have bad promos compared to Starry Night?

I wonder the same. Does anyone have any thoughts?

I'm excited for Byul! I love hearing her singing and to get to see her on a music show will be a treat.

This era is already looking up. News of their new CF, I Can See Your Voice, Byul variety, Hwasa variety. I hope we get news of Knowing Bros, Immortal Songs and more, too!

I would love the next era to go out with a BANG. Then they can prepare for their concert(?) And have an amazina but well deserved break for 4-6 months before coming back with another era, think of September--November.

Thank you all for the lovely welcoming!

I wonder the same. Does anyone have any thoughts?

My thoughts on it may be a tad bit personal so do take it with a grain of salt. I wouldn't say it is all down to promotions as songs can chart well even with the bare minimum of promotions (EXO - 1.1 million pre-orders with very little promotions). There's a general consensus of what K-Pop should be and what it is known to be (at least, that's the message I'm getting) and from what I've noticed is that most of the hit songs follows a very similar structure, (A) being the most popular:

A) Intro - Chorus 1 - Verse - Pre Chorus - Chorus 2 - Post Chorus - Verse - Pre Chorus - Chorus 2 - Post Chorus - Bridge - Chorus 3/Breakdown 

B) Intro - Verse 1 - Pre Chorus - Chorus - Post Chorus - Verse - Pre Chorus - Chorus - Post Chorus - Breakdown (rap or dance break) - Bridge - Chorus 2/Breakdown

The addition of riffs (which I personally love) are rarely seen in pop, let alone K-Pop (JYP's - Fire has it though imhappyplz.png ) is incorporated in Wind Flower and gives off a similar feeling to a mid-paced Big Bang track. The usage of a riff rather than the common 'Breakdown' which a lot of people mistake for riffs is Wind Flower's 'flat' factor as there's usually an expectation for explosive vocals, or spectacular rapping, or so forth - something loud and catchy but Wind Flower has a more chill, and breezy hook with references to folk instrumental music. 

I can see why Wind Flower didn't do so well as opposed to their usual 'iconic' stuff, but what can't be denied is that these girls are working on their thematic style and narrative rather than putting out music which will chart at number 1. Given the generic K-Pop structure and widely available talents in songwriting, I have no doubts that they can put out a chart topping single but what purpose would that serve other than becoming like every other generic K-Pop group? Wind Flower, yes the song does float a little too long and relies on charm, but the respect the group has for music and a variety of genres is undeniable. Once you strip away the catchiness of a song, without meaning, it becomes nothing. 

• Like 5

I know some of us are allergic with allkpop but here is a good read from the forum by one of the moomoo there. I don't know if he/she has an OH account but I'm just going to link it instead of pasting to fully credit him/her.

https://www.allkpop.com/forum/threads/mukbang-goddess-hwasa-starts-her-own-empire.281589/

The restaurant's glow up, man... warstarplz.png  From one floor into four floors in just a matter of months?!

Hwasa is really the Queen. Her impact... rlytearpls.png

• Like 1

GAON Week 7

Hwasa - Twit [Debut]

#2 Digital Chart - 36,475,841

#1 Download Chart

#5 Streaming Chart

#8 BGM Chart

#4 Mobile Chart

Old Songs

Loco & Hwasa - Don't Give It To Me

(-2) #79 Digital Chart - 6,503,043; Total - 801,106,614

(-7) #63 Download Chart

(+3) #81 Streaming Chart

Mamamoo - Wind Flower

(-10) #88  Digital Chart - 5,849,263; Total - 147,557,528

(-28) #144  Download Chart

(-10) #86  Streaming Chart

Mamamoo - Egotistic

(-7) #108  Digital Chart - 5,051,267; Total - 534,661,902

(-16) #100  Download Chart

(-2) #108  Streaming Chart

Mamamoo - Starry Night

(-8) #133  Digital Chart - 4,216,419; Total - 849,954,451

(-14) #107  Download Chart

(-5) #145  Streaming Chart

Edited by team snack
  • Like 1

I like Wind Flower but I noticed while watching their live stages that I became a little bit bored after awhile... the song is nice to listen to but it's not something you want to put on repeat imo I feel like this is the reason they performed remixes at the award stages to make the song livelier. I've had Twit on repeat and each time I feel like the song ends too fast and that's how I feel about Egotistic but not Wind Flower. Who knows maybe I like wind flower because it's from mamamoo...if another group released it idk how I would feel about it

For this comeback, my expectations for music show wins, chart performances, views etc. are kind of low only because I have no idea what sound they're coming back with and as we've seen they rely on the gp a lot for their achievements. If the song is something that resonates with the Korean audience then their competition won't seem like competition but if it's not then we might be disappointed. 

Personally I would love for them to come back with something similar to "Don't be happy"... that's one of my favorite kpop songs ever and all the members suit the genre so well and seeing how this is a winter album that's a perfect sound I think 

This project has been telling the story of a breakup with Starry Night the missing your lover and feeling lonely, Egotistic the passionate anger, and Wind Flower as just feeling hurt but also coming to acceptance so it seems like this White album may be about starting new and just focusing on yourself? Also each music video has had the respective color scheme throughout so I expect this one to be very bright.

I know this is Wheein's album but I don't think the title track will necessarily represent Wheein (like I thought each album was going to be like with the members) but I am excited for her solo song. I really want R&b though rlytearpls.png

• Like 1

Hey everyone~ <3

Hwasa got nominated on this week's OH! Chart with "Twit"~

Make sure to vote here and support her!

tumblr_pahwfyqFzi1s2a0oco1_500.gif

Came here to report the Jakarta fanmeet was a big success!

They were actually surprised to see the enthusiasm of Indonesian MooMoos, as evident when they were performing "Better than I Thought", MooMoos sang along to the song in such a beautiful serenading way, which gave Mamamoo the impression that their visit to Indonesia were received better than they thought (pun intended, lol).

They were even shocked when most of Indonesian MooMoos reacted to them speaking and answered their questions without the need of the interpreter's help. Even some of us wrote small notes for them, and the majority was written in Hangul.

Wheein was still sitting (not dancing along) in all performances, which was expected because she said herself that she wanted to make sure that her ankle healed properly so by the time the White album is released, she can give the best performances to us all. Get well soon, precious Whee-Pup!

That was actually my first time ever attending my favourite artists' concert (yeah, it was a fan-meet, but it sure felt like a concert) and I was so damn impressed and grateful that I got to meet them in person. They are indeed very humble and nice to us Indonesian MooMoos here. It was an amazing night.

Solar and Moonbyul learned some Indonesian slang words that have become a trend lately, and then all of them saying those words in such a cute way I'M DYING. To me, it proves that Mamamoo is indeed a trendy group. They are willing to learn about the latest trends and everything that's up-to-date in other countries and culture so they can be well-received.

They even learned the Indonesian term for "radish", which is "lobak", and they said "Lobak mantul!" --> which translates to "Indonesian MooMoos/radishes are amazing!"

I am so proud of these Queens.

They said that this was their first time together performing in Indonesia and with this amazing reaction from Indonesian MooMoos, they said that they're planning to return. Can't wait!

• Like 7