Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
HimawariAmu

[Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever

Which universe you prefer?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Solar's universe you prefer?

• Princess
    • Boxer
    • Rockstar
  2. 2. Moonbyul's universe you prefer?

• Music video director
    • Choreographer
    • Entertainment CEO
  3. 3. Whee in's universe you prefer?

• Environmentalist
    • Painter
    • Indie artist
  4. 4. Hwasa's universe you prefer?

• Mother
    • Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

I know the weekly chart for ichart resets every monday so im lowkey hoping that naver daily chart resets too cause then we really could be in for some extra goodness lol. Id be alright without the PAK but but butttttt it would be nice to get. Especially because then noone can try to discredit her achievements as well. I know there was alot of ppl trying to discredit her PAK with Loco and said it was only because of him but yeah. I do think thats one of my favorite things about Hwasa's solo. That it was all her and she had no feature on it. Plus of course the fact she took part in writing and composing it lol

I know the weekly chart for ichart resets every monday so im lowkey hoping that naver daily chart resets too cause then we really could be in for some extra goodness lol. Id be alright without the PAK but but butttttt it would be nice to get. Especially because then noone can try to discredit her achievements as well. I know there was alot of ppl trying to discredit her PAK with Loco and said it was only because of him but yeah. I do think thats one of my favorite things about Hwasa's solo. That it was all her and she had no feature on it. Plus of course the fact she took part in writing and composing it lol

I read somewhere that naver daily chart resets at 7am, not sure how true that is.

Anyway YES that silly naver change blocked many people from PAK and CAK this year already. Instiz announced multiple times naver would be remove in FEB and we are already midway there and it's still there SMH. BTW hwasa is #1 on FLO as well (the incoming new chart on instiz :) )

I'm also alright without the PAK as long as Hwasa gets the February SOTY which she has a high chance of winning looking through the remaining artists that will comeback this month. And yeah this would shut off all her doubters last year especially Loco also released a song recently with zion.t which didn't do as well as twit.

I love the fact that we got a performance video for this! I don't know if it's because of Hwasa's popularity or what but why didn't they do this for Wheein and Moonbyul's solos... It would have been nice to see them promote their singles as well. Again, maybe the company felt obligated to promote Hwasa more due to the public's expectations but seeing all this amazing content has been making me wonder all the what ifs 

According to Hwasa, the CEO just called her and was like "I have an idea let's make a song" and she just went with it lol so assuming they have some creative control maybe each member decided whether they wanted to appear on music shows or not. Wheein has talked about being shy and it was hard for her to sing Easy at Solar's concerts so maybe she wasn't up to performing it on tv? Yet again she did on MAMA.. so many questions lol

Anyways, Hwasa got an all kill again! Naver was being weird all day but she's back up !

In terms of promotion by RBW, the only difference between Hwasa's solo compared to the others is that she got to promote on Music Shows and sketchbook. I don't know if they get to decide if they want to do music shows but as mentioned before it may depend on their schedules.

RBW was still a mess with her promo. Everything was last minute and during a busy period for them. Even the photobook was only announced the day before pre-orders opened; they hadn't even produced it yet so couldn't didn't make it available to intl fans. I haven't seen RBW exert any tremendous effort to promote her solo.

Her current popularity at the moment is the only anomaly. As a result there is a lot of interest from the public, press and ifans - where as before with the other solos it was more contained within the fandom. 

Again with All Kill Real Chart rlytearpls.png

Oh, btw maybe it is just me but the views are drastically increasing compared to Egotistic? Especially performance wise.

These are all freaking amazing to know that their fandom is definitely increasing and harvesting hurrplz.png

I think it's more to do with the fact that people were anticipating the solo which has inevitably brought in casual and new fans as well.

KPOP views in general has been growing across the board so that's another factor.

In terms of promotion by RBW, the only difference between Hwasa's solo compared to the others is that she got to promote on Music Shows and sketchbook. I don't know if they get to decide if they want to do music shows but as mentioned before it may depend on their schedules.

RBW was still a mess with her promo. Everything was last minute and during a busy period for them. Even the photobook was only announced the day before pre-orders opened; they hadn't even produced it yet so couldn't didn't make it available to intl fans. I haven't seen RBW exert any tremendous effort to promote her solo.

Her current popularity at the moment is the only anomaly. As a result there is a lot of interest from the public, press and ifans - where as before with the other solos it was more contained within the fandom. 

I think it's more to do with the fact that people were anticipating the solo which has inevitably brought in casual and new fans as well.

KPOP views in general has been growing across the board so that's another factor.

Aside from their MAMA performance, the song doing well in SK is probably the main reason of this increase. Starry Night had ton of views, Egotistic had average views while Wind Flower had low views which are all in line on how each song performed in SK which still their primary streaming audience.

I really don't understand the complaints about the 'timing' of Hwasa's solo release. She's at peak popularity right now, if they were to wait until after the next album promo to release her solo, who knows if the song would've done as well as it's been doing. Everybody knows you gotta take advantage of good momentum and that's what Hwasa has right now.

Yeah, it sucks that it happened in between their busiest time with the 4 seasons project, but I'll take a short week of promos now over more promo later when we don't know if someone else's gonna come along and have the spotlight on themselves.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

EDIT:

My only real issue with the solo happening now was that it could take away from White/Winter album (which at this rate will be released the same time as spring album lol). I thought completing 4 seasons project, then Hwasa solo album early summer, then new group album in lat 2019 would have been better. But maybe it's nice to have the break in between (though I'm still worried White album will get kind of lost).

Aside from that, it is what is is and like you said coming at a better time does not guarantee anything. I do however take issue with the lack of planning and last minute-ness of everything. Considering all eyes would have been on her due to her popularity - wouldn't any sane agency want to make sure they put their best foot forward? Even if it's just a single. 

Thank God these 4 women actually have strong ideas of who they are, what they want and some creative control thus able to make things work. 

Edited by ohsolively

LOL hwasa's solo is released at a superb timing. It makes sense for white album to be released shortly after when the solo starts to lose steam but public interest for hwasa and mamamoo is still high.

I'm just nt so keen on a group release this March because so many people are having comebacks/highly anticipated debuts then.

I rather.. they postpone the white album to end of the year. They can just do a non 4-season comeback before that.

• Like 1

LOL hwasa's solo is released at a superb timing. It makes sense for white album to be released shortly after when the solo starts to lose steam but public interest for hwasa and mamamoo is still high.

I'm just nt so keen on a group release this March because so many people are having comebacks/highly anticipated debuts then.

I rather.. they postpone the white album to end of the year. They can just do a non 4-season comeback before that.

I agree that hwasas debut is released in a great timing where sk need a new song to bop on. And it looks like march are becoming a bloodbath in terms of big releases specially for GGs. BP and MML are comfirm for march. I think MMM still should comeback in march for it will follow the hype of hwasas solo and will have the attention of other people due to crowded cb month. Also it will allow them to have another comeback in the 2nd have of the year. Preferably in their anniversary day/month.

• Like 3

I kinda laughing how this solo went, I know it's quite disorganize and seem rush which it is but it let me see a bit of the creative process from the company and how they consult the girls.

I think they really are like 80% creative in arbidub. I mean KDH and PWS rolled one day and just said I have a song let's get you a solo and Hwasa agreed and that probably is just few days before they announce her solo and they just rolled with it to the end. The timing work and rest is history.

I mean what the but also lol. hurrplz.png  They are like I wanna do this and they did. It is frustrating on business perspective but I see how that train of thought work lol on a creative mind perspective. I can relate I guess.  

I can see them frustrate themselves as well. lol. 0u0plz.png   For their sake hope they get some more organize person in there.

But lol, i can really see how 1cm, azegag, sleep in the car talk all went it really is that. Let's make a song. I find it rather amusing hahaha. Sorry my sense is in different dimension today. 

Edited by kaichi

I kinda laughing how this solo went, I know it's quite disorganize and seem rush which it is but it let me see a bit of the creative process from the company and how they consult the girls.

I think they really are like 80% creative in arbidub. I mean KDH and PWS rolled one day and just said I have a song let's get you a solo and Hwasa agreed and that probably is just few days before they announce her solo and they just rolled with it to the end. The timing work and rest is history.

I mean what the but also lol. hurrplz.png  They are like I wanna do this and they did. It is frustrating on business perspective but I see how that train of thought work lol on a creative mind perspective. I can relate I guess.  

I can see them frustrate themselves as well. lol. 0u0plz.png   For their sake hope they get some more organize person in there.

But lol, i can really see how 1cm, azegag, sleep in the car talk all went it really is that. Let's make a song. I find it rather amusing hahaha. Sorry my sense is in different dimension today. 

Lol i think so too. their like impulsive but brilliant children group together.

Oh I wish they don't lol. They need to already wrap up this 4-season project or there's going to be another backlash when they try to do a concert about the remaining seasons without releasing the last album.

Competitions will always be there, there's no need to wait and dodge it. Just look at what happened to blue;s promo. Releasing just after Hwasa successful solo will create good momentum, who cares if they don't top the March if the comeback will become a success anyways.

Oh I wish they don't lol. They need to already wrap up this 4-season project or there's going to be another backlash when they try to do a concert about the remaining seasons without releasing the last album.

Competitions will always be there, there's no need to wait and dodge it. Just look at what happened to blue;s promo. Releasing just after Hwasa successful solo will create good momentum, who cares if they don't top the March if the comeback will become a success anyways.

I just find it kinda lame when they end up releasing the autumn and winter albums nearing the end of the respective seasons.. ohwells I'm just hoping it wouldn't end up like windflower :/

I just find it kinda lame when they end up releasing the autumn and winter albums nearing the end of the respective seasons.. ohwells I'm just hoping it wouldn't end up like windflower :/

I think its more weird to have a big gap in between seasons, they were already late anyway might as well just go with it. Punctuate it with a concert and then comeback one more time before the year ends.

Windflower comeback was a mixed of bad press and divided fanbase (from the boycott), lackluster promotion and a good but middling song (not catchy enough to be an earworm but also not slow enough to be a ballad that gp usually love). I like the chance of this upcoming comeback better.

• Like 1

Windflower comeback was a mixed of bad press and divided fanbase (from the boycott), lackluster promotion and a good but middling song (not catchy enough to be an earworm but also not slow enough to be a ballad that gp usually love). I like the chance of this upcoming comeback better.

I don't know, I still find the song catchy, though. The whole "Get better day by day" parts are the catchy hooks. But again, it's all coming back to taste and preference. To each their own. And I'm not a part of Korean gp.

I probably haven't said this, but out of the three title tracks they released last year, actually I love "Wind Flower" the most. While I love "Starry Night" for the guitar-led semi-ballad tune and aesthetics, and Egotistic for its fiery nature, I find Wind Flower excels in the concept -- exploring all kinds of emotions from a separation or break-up. That's rich and not one-dimensional. That is why I am disappointed that the song didn't do as well as the previous two songs. But there are so many factors, one of them being the boycott controversy, I am sure.

Normally I would blatantly express my disappointment towards the SK gp, but I still think the song earned moderate success, so I'm still happy. smile.png

I don't know, I still find the song catchy, though. The whole "Get better day by day" parts are the catchy hooks. But again, it's all coming back to taste and preference. To each their own. And I'm not a part of Korean gp.

I probably haven't said this, but out of the three title tracks they released last year, actually I love "Wind Flower" the most. While I love "Starry Night" for the guitar-led semi-ballad tune and aesthetics, and Egotistic for its fiery nature, I find Wind Flower excels in the concept -- exploring all kinds of emotions from a separation or break-up. That's rich and not one-dimensional. That is why I am disappointed that the song didn't do as well as the previous two songs. But there are so many factors, one of them being the boycott controversy, I am sure.

Normally I would blatantly express my disappointment towards the SK gp, but I still think the song earned moderate success, so I'm still happy. smile.png

Oh I like Wind Flower a lot than Egotistic and is probably close second to Starry Night. I just find its pre-chorus and chorus less catchier than those two.

Honestly with most of the albums I feel like they might have wanted to have early comebacks but pushed a couple of them back as much as they could. Like Solar was injured before Starry Night, Moonbyul injured before Red Moon, and then Wheein injured before the white album. Like even if people wanted an earlier comeback for the white album, Wheein was still sitting down for the japanese promos so... yeah. 

In hindsight I wish they had named it a four COLOURS project (as it seemed to be originally) rather than seasons. Having it be seasonal has locked them up in terms of timing and also creatively, I feel. It sucks having to try and match an album to a season instead of just making the best album you can make and releasing it in a time that makes sense. And being constantly so crazy-busy meant they all couldn't do other things.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if they delayed the white album beyond winter and just pretended that it was never about seasons to begin with, lol. I want a good album. I want a fire music video. And, personally, I want some fire choreography. They can just say that they want to end this project with a bang and don't want to rush it if there are delays, no one will be mad about it.

For the rest of the year, once white album is out of the way - I really hope for some good touring regionally and internationally, even just small venues, but they have to return to Brazil, maybe do KCON in the US and do a few dates there, and... I'm dreaming here but I wish they'd go to Europe as well. Perhaps France, Spain and the UK where they do quite well. And I really want clear and ambitious solo activities for each member (and not just in terms of music, but whatever they desire to do, give them time to explore and expand their individual brands). Then they can do another group album towards the end of the year ahead of awards shows etc. It'd be great if that was a full album but I'm not picky. They can probably throw in a completely Japanese single in there sometime as well, that'd be great.

I hate to say it like this but I'll be relieved to see the end of the four colours project because I think it did its work - it opened many, many doors and opportunities for Mamamoo - and I'm excited for whatever's next.

Calling it 4 season definitely tied them down and also made things too congested as they would essentially have to fit 4 comebacks in the space of 12 months. Not leaving a lot of contingencies leading to the situation now.

And yes I want this concept to end already lol. I remember being so excited due to the idea and promise of the concept for each member. It will be nice to have a fresh start after WHITE album and focus on solo activities.

I've always wondered - is there any particular reason MMM members don't get/do a lot of magazine photoshoots?

• Like 1

Calling it 4 season definitely tied them down and also made things too congested as they would essentially have to fit 4 comebacks in the space of 12 months. Not leaving a lot of contingencies leading to the situation now.

And yes I want this concept to end already lol. I remember being so excited due to the idea and promise of the concept for each member. It will be nice to have a fresh start after WHITE album and focus on solo activities.

I've always wondered - is there any particular reason MMM members don't get/do a lot of magazine photoshoots?

Regarding the 4 Seasons project, you are not alone. I too can't wait for this project to end. But the reason is mainly to see what Mamamoo has in store next.

This has been a big project. Not many K-pop groups, let alone the girl groups, do this. I mean, Twice did make three comebacks last year (I'm excluding "Best Thing" since it wasn't promoted on music shows), but there wasn't an underlying project like this one, I think? (Please correct me if I'm wrong.) So what's next for Mamamoo? They've set the bar so high, not only for the entire K-pop GGs in this generation, but also for themselves.

---

Regarding the photoshoots, perhaps it has something to do with RBW promoting Mamamoo as a vocal group, instead of a visual group?

I don't mean to undermine their beauty, because THEY ARE SO FREAKING BEAUTIFUL, I'M CRYING, but let's face it -- their visuals are not up to SK's beauty standards.

It's not a bad thing, actually. But if they don't do magazine photoshoots a lot because they're not getting offers (which is kinda doubtful) it's going to be the losses for those magazines, I think. Mamamoo may not be the top visual group, but they're the trendy group.

• Like 1

I personally adore Wind Flower as a creative outlet that this group has played around with and in my opinion along with Paint Me are the most successful in terms of connecting with me. Aesthetically it's a beautiful piece and probably one of my favourite MV's out there as there's quite a lot of symbolism in it - but then again, for others who just listen for the sake of music itself may not take as much interest as I do. 

I'd like to also add that I'm not a huge fan of K-Pop for multiple reasons. Mamamoo has been a fresh air with their diversity and I'm more drawn to their live stages (honestly, I'm not a fan of their pre 4-seasons songs with the exception of the jazzy/blues pre-debut era), and I look forward to seeing these girls grow into artists as I don't see them as idols at this point. 

I only recently plucked up the courage to join OH, nice to meet you all! ilikeitplz.png 

• Like 3