Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
HimawariAmu

[Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever

Which universe you prefer?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Solar's universe you prefer?

• Princess
    • Boxer
    • Rockstar
  2. 2. Moonbyul's universe you prefer?

• Music video director
    • Choreographer
    • Entertainment CEO
  3. 3. Whee in's universe you prefer?

• Environmentalist
    • Painter
    • Indie artist
  4. 4. Hwasa's universe you prefer?

• Mother
    • Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

Bad planning doesn't warrant a boycott. Moos made their opinion heard, RBW took it into consideration and ultimately disagreed with it. They are the company, not the fans. Are y'all gonna plan a boycott every single time you disagree with RBW? We're gonna be having boycotts every goddamn week then. The only reason RBW had to switch things up and add schedules last minute is because they suddenly had a sh*t ton of free time to fill up because there was no need to prepare for a concert anymore.

And at the end of the day it was obvious that the girls were never being overworked and fans just showed how stupid it is to think you know more about what's going on than the artists and the company themselves. Not even a week later and all the people pretending to care about 'overworking the girls' were begging RBW to add schedules for them which just shows that no one was ever actually concerned about Mamamoo working too much, they just thought they knew better what work they should be doing.

You wanted to know what performance was going to happen at the concert before it happened? Since when does a company need to run things by fans before doing anything? Do you want them to pre-release the concert preparations so we all know everything that's gonna happen at the concert already? That is nonsensical. What kind of universe do you think they're living in? No one does that, and no one should do that. We are just fans, we don't get to make decisions for them. 

Fans need to stop trying to micromanage things. We don't run a company. As much as stan twitter thinks it can do RBW's work for them, they can't. One rumor comes up that there's gonna be a collab and we don't even know what song is gonna be performed or what the supposed collab is gonna be about and everyone created a mess that never needed to happen. If anything, it just hurt Mamamoo even more because antis who happened to hear of this won't even realize that the collab didn't happen and are just gonna associate Hwasa with this mess for no reason. Now if you search up the duo's name/song, Hwasa's name is gonna be attached to it, because moos couldn't just let things be and just HAD to get involved. What good did that do? 

Fans tried to mess with the concert and got nothing out of it, we ended up with no concert AND no promos, how did that help Mamamoo? Fans started sh*t with a*my and now got themselves even more people pissed at them. Fans created another controversy for Mamamoo out of literally nothing. Fans have been acting like Wheein needed bed rest for a week when she's already out there able to walk on her own. Everytime Mamamoo has a performance/fanmeet in an Asian country they try to find a dozen reasons why it's a 'useless schedule' and how Mamamoo have better things to be doing than that. Vietnam moos were so excited they even made their own goddamn lightsticks to support the girls and what does stan twitter do? Shit on them, call the performance irrelevant and a waste of time. Ungrateful af. Their performances are what got MMM the fanbase it has, not twitter trends. Not reaction videos. Not spamming their name everywhere.

When are they gonna learn to just shut up and let people do their jobs? They are literally just self-destructing at this point and doing more harm for the group than anything else.

So no, I don't see ANY reasoning behing twitter moos actions. All I see are a bunch of entitled control freaks who think way too highly of themselves and the power they have deluded themselves into thinking they have. Mamamoo got to where they are today without any of this mess just fine. And they are better off continuing what they were doing than being controlled by a bunch of people who don't know what they're doing, and who just want western validation and nothing more.

Then go ahead and tell all this to twitter moos in twitter itself then. Complaining about it here behind their backs â€‹isn't going to change a thing. Calling them stupid and refusing to see their side of things is one thing but if your're not willing to confront them in a place where they actually have a chance to reply then you aren't any better than them (worst in my opinion). Then you run right back to them straight after for updates, fansite pic, translation. 

If anyone is interested, livestream links (from those 'terrible' twitter moos)

http://aqstream.com/mgd/MBC-Gayo-Daejejeon-2018

Edited by justsomeguy
  • Like 3
  • Dislike 1

Twitter is not and was never meant to be a constructive discussion platform, though.

You actually believe a half assed quoting system + 280 character limit per "post" makes for a functional discussion forum?

There's a reason it's consider a cesspool for anything other than short announcements.

Edited by Dutchy
  • Like 1

I usually get fairly shy about linking my own videos here in the official thread, but given the timing and subject matter, I feel compelled to.

It's been quite a year, certainly with its ups and downs, but it's fulfilling and encouraging to look back at just what the girls have accomplished; I think we sometimes take for granted how much of a risk they took with their project.

It hasn't all gone well (as I loosely referenced just above), but given how fickle popularity is for most girl groups (who are expected to stay in their lanes), I'm personally extremely satisfied with the results of Mamamoo's artistic exploration and expression this year, and I can only hope they feel the same.

I think they knew going into this year that topping the charts consistently was going to be iffy, especially when they're busy delving into new sounds and also deepening their connection with their individual voices as performers.

Well, I've droned on enough. You all get the point. Enjoy the rest of the holidays and happy new year in advance! 

• Like 9

Then go ahead and tell all this to twitter moos in twitter itself then. Complaining about it here behind their backs â€‹isn't going to change a thing. Calling them stupid and refusing to see their side of things is one thing but if your're not willing to confront them in a place where they actually have a chance to reply then you aren't any better than them (worst in my opinion). Then you run right back to them straight after for updates, fansite pic, translation. 

If anyone is interested, livestream links (from those 'terrible' twitter moos)

http://aqstream.com/mgd/MBC-Gayo-Daejejeon-2018

Bold of you to assume I don't do that. I don't talk about twitter moos here to 'confront' them. That's what *gasps* twitter is for.

I do it because some people here choose to ignore what goes down in twitter land, except you can't ignore their mess when they do things that directly affect Mamamoo. We don't actually live in your fantasy land where this kind of crap they like to pull doesn't matter. 

'Run back to them for translations and updates' they're all free to block me if they have an issue with me disagreeing with them, and a couple have already don't you worry. But most of those particular accounts are mature enough to handle a different opinion. Surely more than you seem to be. You seem oddly triggered by my complaints about people who are not you. You also don't seem to understand the concept of 'collective' vs 'individual' behaviour for some bizarre reason. And imagine thinking twitter moos have a monopoly on streaming links rolleyes.gif.

• Like 1

they did amazing! those uniforms though.. i’m so thankful lol.

MAMAMOO in the black uniform costume with their backdancers for today's MBC Gayo. They are really the epitome of handsome girls, I'm... rlytearpls.png

Their group shot

They're the last performer in 2018 at MBC Gayo today and I couldn't be more happier. They end this year with a bang! Here's to another awesome year!!

2019 please come through with Wheein's White Album!!

Edited by lalimay

Loved those MBC stage outfits! Mamamoo just fit the uniform concept so well. Wheein managed to command attention and look like a  natural performer even while sitting in a chair. Mamamoo really are the queens of the stage. And I'm glad that everything turned out well with Hwasa's stages.

There have been some struggles and challenges for them this year but from Wheein and Byul's solid solo releases, to Solar's brilliant solo concerts, to Hwasa's runaway variety success and delivering some really top notch pop music as a group it has really been a year where I feel that they have evolved as artists and made their mark.

Here's to an even better, more successful and, most importantly, safe and healthy 2019 for Mamamoo and Moos!

• Like 2

I am so sick... I would love this to be a simple song reference but I am not so lucky... T_T of all the days to get ill sighhhhhhh...alas the only good thing is that I was able to watch Mamamoo performances in my deathbed...naaaah don't worry I am ok-ish...still it is so not cool...I am not even sure if I will be able to stay up till midnight

Here you can enjoy Mamamoo usual ritual of dancing on their own when the show comes to an end imstupid.png

I am always happy to read a Memo from the girls but getting such meaningful words from them when the new year comes is such a blessing... lovestruck.png

also Hwasa is such a boss! We have been warned LOL I think that we will need to run to keep Mamamoo's pace in 2019 too za5g21G.png

Happy New Year everyone!!!!!!

and let's all become rich soon (so we can spend even more money on our girls) dave.png

• Like 1

I really like this interview. It shows how self aware she is about her situation and she continues to challenge herself. lol it felt like the reporter gave her baiting questions like "downfalls" and such. It bittersweet when she talked about how she feels sorry she can't to the gopchang restaurant because it is crowded and how prices have gone up. Humbled queen also gave away her coupons and left her plaques to the company. IS THERE ANY END TO HER KINDNESS

"I'm not afraid of going down"

rlytearpls.png  lovestruck.png

she's also currently trending on naver probably due to hyolyn...free publicity i guess lmfao

Edited by hwiin

Question: Mintbox-nim is a well-known Hwasa fan. Do you guys know the equivalent to her for Wheein, Solar, and Moonbyul? I mean, the most well-known fansite for the other three.

I would like to know since I suddenly became interested in fansites ever since Mintbox-nim's scream during Hwasa's acceptance speech. rlytearpls.png

Question: Mintbox-nim is a well-known Hwasa fan. Do you guys know the equivalent to her for Wheein, Solar, and Moonbyul? I mean, the most well-known fansite for the other three.

I would like to know since I suddenly became interested in fansites ever since Mintbox-nim's scream during Hwasa's acceptance speech. rlytearpls.png

I think move-nim is an MB fan. She is the one that you can recognize even in other's fan cam just because of her laugh and voice.

• Like 1

i made this thread more than a year ago and it's still as relevant as ever haha https://onehallyu.com/topic/597279-the-most-hilarious-and-easily-recognisable-fansite-master-that-i-know-of/

enjoy!  move-nim is a riot laugh.png

Edited by ☾vroomvroomilikethat✭
  • Like 2

Moonbyul would be move, it was kinda starduks but they've been inactive

Solar maybe S.O.L

Wheein was inthelove....then the incident happen now i would think its moderato or melliferous  

• Like 2

Thank you for the answers.

I think move-nim is an MB fan. She is the one that you can recognize even in other's fan cam just because of her laugh and voice.

i made this thread more than a year ago and it's still as relevant as ever haha https://onehallyu.com/topic/597279-the-most-hilarious-and-easily-recognisable-fansite-master-that-i-know-of/

enjoy!  move-nim is a riot laugh.png

harharplz.png harharplz.png harharplz.png  Move-nim is indeed a riot! Her voice tho rlytearpls.png

Moonbyul would be move, it was kinda starduks but they've been inactive

Solar maybe S.O.L

Wheein was inthelove....then the incident happen now i would think its moderato or melliferous  

Sorry, but what incident?

Sorry, but what incident?

an akgae; shittalking other members on personal account

• Like 4

Bold of you to assume I don't do that. I don't talk about twitter moos here to 'confront' them. That's what *gasps* twitter is for.

I do it because some people here choose to ignore what goes down in twitter land, except you can't ignore their mess when they do things that directly affect Mamamoo. We don't actually live in your fantasy land where this kind of crap they like to pull doesn't matter. 

'Run back to them for translations and updates' they're all free to block me if they have an issue with me disagreeing with them, and a couple have already don't you worry. But most of those particular accounts are mature enough to handle a different opinion. Surely more than you seem to be. You seem oddly triggered by my complaints about people who are not you. You also don't seem to understand the concept of 'collective' vs 'individual' behaviour for some bizarre reason. And imagine thinking twitter moos have a monopoly on streaming links :rolleyes:.

Livestream links are mostly shared by twitter moos, I thought of just highlighting that fact. It was just an attempt to counter your latest highlighting of the bad side of twitter.

Also it’s one thing to disagree, it’s another to just straight up call them stupid and rash. You claim to have confronted them in the same manner you have complain about them here and tho I haven’t seen a user on twitter going around calling moos self-destructive control freaks, I’ll take your word for it for now. If you’re really all that set on exposing all the bad in twitter, then kindly just leave share it here as it is and let us make our own opinions on it.

I for one think twitters moos aren’t the terrible people you’re painting them to be and I can see the reasoning behind some of their ‘stupid’ actions. I see that you won’t be every agreeing with me on that. I’m happy to have differing opinions with you but I really really wish you would lay off twitter moos man and while we’re there, try to share some positive things that they do too.

If you’re looking for fansites this might be useful:

• Like 6
  • Dislike 1