• President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

Mamamoo doesn't leave us without new music for much LOL

also my personal opinion...this track is SICK.... GRLD every day...thanks Mamamoo for this new and fresh concept....they can pull off every genre that exists

also yep I agree 1000% with this moomoo

it's a BOP... 3:03 mins of greatness

So give GRLD much love moomoos...stream it and love it!!!!

imstupid.png    

when you don't know what you are listening but there is Mamamoo on it so it have to be great, amazing and fenomenal but you are a simpleton because you still think... what the heck!!!

LOL

• Like 1
  • Replies 50.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cahbr

• MadameVastra

• YamaChan

• sparkilene

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mr.Ambiguous Piano Man Um Oh Ah Yeh (2) (3) You're the best (2) (3) Decalcomanie (2) (3) Yes I am (2) Starry night (2) Egotistic (2) Wind flower (2) gogobe

'TWIT(ë©ì²­ì´)' - Hwasa | Released: February 13, 2019     'Lie Ya' - Cosmic Girl feat. Solar | Released: October 13, 2018     'Selfish' - Moonbyul feat. Seulgi | Released: May 23,

I'm not going to bother with spoilers. Thread isn't bustling right now anyway.   The moral of the story remains everything in moderation.   As the radish field expands, there's really nothing we c

Thats in every fandom tho..the shippers

I am a shipper myself but I seriously don't understand some..like if they think they (moonsun) are real, why would they be "afraid" just because of her former wgm partner? I don't see the logic in that.

Ah, its not only the moonsun shippers  but also wheebyul and wheesun shippers. They might not be that active on OH but on twitter they are very present. I think, you get used to it in time and hardly notice shippers, if they bother u too much.

great opportunity to vent.

the issue i take with shipping in mamamoo is that it tends to overtake the group itself. i feel like more people are invested, and easily get insecure, over moonsun, specifically, than the group itself. i like moonsun too, but that frustrates me as someone who prioritizes the group and the members as individuals separate from their love lives. like, i'm more than for supporting the ship. but please also support the group because your ship (or your exposure to the ship) might not exist for longer if you don't support the group just as equally, if not more.

That last bit is mostly on me too, though, i guess. since i can't fathom not being invested in wheein and hwasa either while in the middle of focusing on moonsun. and my frustrations target a very small (and vocal) percentage of the fandom.

there's so much more to mamamoo than just moonsun. and there's more to moonbyul and solar than just moonsun.

i also feel uncomfortable about the animosity towards eric. i couldn't really see them as a romantic couple in WGM but their friendship dynamic was still fun to watch. he's a good guy outside of that, yet ends up being treated like a villain by hardcore moonsun shippers. contrary to what some may think, moonsun CAN be together while still maintain a friendship with guy friends like eric. 

i have nothing against shipping itself, or else i'd be a hypocrite. but sometimes, you gotta step back a bit, you know?

it's almost a good thing that there's not many things going on with mamamoo right now. it makes easing my way into removing myself from mamamoo social media (twitter, OH, tumblr) much smoother. i mean, i still wound up here, BUT I HAVENT TOUCHED TWITTER IN MORE THAN 24 HRS.

small successes. 

i'm treating them like an actual unhealthy addiction that i need to have a healthier attachment to. for clarification, i consider liking mamamoo healthy; the need to be exposed to news about them or to a community that constantly talks about them isn't. i'm self aware enough to know that i use them as a form of escapism from the stresses of real life, but that i traded those with different, much less productive stresses that come with kpop fandom culture.

anyways, i'm aiming for a 1 week stretch now. please keep this thread updated with any relevant news, as this will be the first (and hopefully only?) outlet i'll be going to once that's over.

Cheers!

• Like 2

the issue i take with shipping in mamamoo is that it tends to overtake the group itself. i feel like more people are invested, and easily get insecure, over moonsun, specifically, than the group itself. i like moonsun too, but that frustrates me as someone who prioritizes the group and the members as individuals separate from their love lives. like, i'm more than for supporting the ship. but please also support the group because your ship (or your exposure to the ship) might not exist for longer if you don't support the group just as equally, if not more.

That last bit is mostly on me too, though, i guess. since i can't fathom not being invested in wheein and hwasa either while in the middle of focusing on moonsun. and my frustrations target a very small (and vocal) percentage of the fandom.

there's so much more to mamamoo than just moonsun. and there's more to moonbyul and solar than just moonsun.

i also feel uncomfortable about the animosity towards eric. i couldn't really see them as a romantic couple in WGM but their friendship dynamic was still fun to watch. he's a good guy outside of that, yet ends up being treated like a villain by hardcore moonsun shippers. contrary to what some may think, moonsun CAN be together while still maintain a friendship with guy friends like eric

i have nothing against shipping itself, or else i'd be a hypocrite. but sometimes, you gotta step back a bit, you know?

I totally agree with bolded part like .. if you already believe that moonsun are together, then why the insecurities with maintaining a friendship with a male? I mean I haven't seen anyone complain about Jin, Sandeul, Baro, etc .. only towards Eric there is this "insecurity". But imagine following .. you are dating someone but u are so insecure and not even let them interact with the opposite sex just because you are not trusting ur partner to be swayed by them..wow...must be a horrible relationship then -_-

As I mentioned over and over again .. I love moonsun and I ship them too, I wish them to be together but like you said, sometimes we need to just "step back" because there is so much more to Moonbyul and Yong than just moonsun. 

You are taking a break from social media regarding MMM or just regarding to everything?

With that said .. this will be my last "reply" on that topic.

I'll be very blunt with my opinion in regards to shipping.

Ship what you want but learn to draw a line between your wishful thinking and reality. The "Moonsun is real" crowd... Even if they were, it's still none of the fans' business. Realize this. Whom the girls date? None of our business. Their sexuality? None of our business. 

If you're not here for the group and the music but some fantasy idea of their intimate lives, then step back and re-evaluate. You will not get confirmation for your ship (or lgbt+ representation from a currently active South Korean idol group while we're at it). If that's what anyone is seriously waiting and hoping for, then they're setting themselves up for disappointment.

We see only a fraction of their lives. That is a fact. It might appear like we get so much access to kpop idols and in some aspects that's true - if you compare it to what fans of Western celebs get, we certainly have far more content. But most of their lives still take place off camera, away from our eyes. And at the times that they are in front of us, they naturally try to present their best selves (as any human would in that situation). Anyone who takes shipping seriously is investing an awful lot of time and concern into the relationship of people they don't really know.

I don't mind shipping as long as people know there's a line and don't step over it. These are real people with their own private lives, not characters in a romance novel. Lately, there's been an increase in those that don't seem to realize this. It's irritating but I suppose inevitable as the fandom grows and the number of all manner of fans increases. I can mostly ignore it as long as the girls are left alone and no one bothers them about ships. But if some shippers start bothering them directly, then I fully expect the rest of the fandom (including those shippers who know how to draw the line) to put them back in their place.

Mamamoo as a group of singers, performers and musicians should always be the priority if you wan to call yourself a Moomoo. If you're here only for a ship, then don't call yourself a fan of the group.

• Like 8

Shipping is love...shipping is life LOL

Moonsun's shippers are not bad (I am one ^^), and I get that some moomoos don't want to hear about it but things in our fandom are 1000% better than what happens on other ones.

Like some group have big divisions between their couple shippers and their OTgroup fandoms and their 1member stans...we in comparison are in a quiet heaven of tranquility and peace

Naturally things could be better, because they can always be better...but we don't have tons of crazy fans that disrupt our family on a daily basis or that make hard for members to interact with one another

Also as a shipper myself I am not blind on the fact that some of us are really a bit too much excited about the ship, but I always end up thinking about 2 important facts:

1- age

2- sexuality

This is actually one of the worst characteristic of internet....every time you talk with someone you talk with them as if they were your same age...but you don't really know how old someone is, and you don't really have any way to really know how old someone that you know only thanks to internet really is (a lot actually lie about it)

Shippers most often then not are young...and just the fact that you are and adoloscent or in your teenagers years is enough to explain the dramaticity of their actions and reactions...but if you add to that the all I am a gay teenager it can make things even more felt

so I get that for older people like us it can be annoying to see some of them take things too seriously and be too higer about every single little detail but as an all the moomoos family is quite level headed

probably because more than other fandoms, we have older people that are part of it...so don't judge too harshly our younger moomoos because if we were all again their age probably we will be more like them than we will like to admit ^^

so they are younger moomoos, that see Moonsun's as the perfect couple and that leave the perfect romance throught what they see Solar and Moonbyul do...but about my 2nd factor

being gay is no simple guys....you have to 1st understand that you are gay, things that sometimes take years, then you have to actually accept your homosexuality, another hard step, if you ask me the hardest, because self love is always a very fine balance and can go away in a blink of an eye, they you have the me VS family/friends/people you care about because you have to explain that you are homosexual...and from then on it will always be me VS the world because you don't stop to come out to everyone at any given moment, because homosexuality can't simple be, needs always to be reaffirmed

a lot of shippers are part of the LGBTQ category themselves

so shipping it is actually a way to deal with your own homosexuality when you are young....so that leads a person to ship even real people...because their supposedly love become a role model that you can experience even when you haven't yet take all the steps that it take to live a proper life outside your own closet

and btw even if they are young, they are not unreasonable, if you talk them down a bit they will feel more calm and will behave more in sync with the all fandom.....let's not create a division just because they are younger, felt things in a different way and still need someone else to look out for and dream about because that give them hope that they will be fine

• Like 18
  • Dislike 1

I'll be very blunt with my opinion in regards to shipping.

Ship what you want but learn to draw a line between your wishful thinking and reality. The "Moonsun is real" crowd... Even if they were, it's still none of the fans' business. Realize this. Whom the girls date? None of our business. Their sexuality? None of our business. 

If you're not here for the group and the music but some fantasy idea of their intimate lives, then step back and re-evaluate. You will not get confirmation for your ship (or lgbt+ representation from a currently active South Korean idol group while we're at it). If that's what anyone is seriously waiting and hoping for, then they're setting themselves up for disappointment.

We see only a fraction of their lives. That is a fact. It might appear like we get so much access to kpop idols and in some aspects that's true - if you compare it to what fans of Western celebs get, we certainly have far more content. But most of their lives still take place off camera, away from our eyes. And at the times that they are in front of us, they naturally try to present their best selves (as any human would in that situation). Anyone who takes shipping seriously is investing an awful lot of time and concern into the relationship of people they don't really know.

I don't mind shipping as long as people know there's a line and don't step over it. These are real people with their own private lives, not characters in a romance novel. Lately, there's been an increase in those that don't seem to realize this. It's irritating but I suppose inevitable as the fandom grows and the number of all manner of fans increases. I can mostly ignore it as long as the girls are left alone and no one bothers them about ships. But if some shippers start bothering them directly, then I fully expect the rest of the fandom (including those shippers who know how to draw the line) to put them back in their place.

Mamamoo as a group of singers, performers and musicians should always be the priority if you wan to call yourself a Moomoo. If you're here only for a ship, then don't call yourself a fan of the group.

I agree w/ this

dont really have much to say on the topic but I've seen so many cases of people prioritizing a friendship rather than the group and it sucks

Personally on this whole discussion...

The shipping in this fandom nearly turned me away from the group. Mainly because it seemed like another Fifth Harmony or 1D situation where the shippers of one pairing would basically hijack everything and make everything the group did about the ship, and really negate or ignore other members of the group. And, honestly, I still get that vibe from some MoonSun shippers and it's thoroughly unpleasant so I disengage from MMM fandom in general except for this thread and a few blogs I follow on Tumblr. All four of these women are awesome, their friendships are amazing, and I'm not here for people elevating two members over the rest because of fanon shipping. Ship as you want, it's all good, but if it compromises the group or love of the group then I'm not here for it.

Anyway, I got so excited for a new song then it turned out to be that, lol. I am so excited to hear what they come up with next. 'Paint Me' is so different to what they've done before, I feel they'll have more surprises for us.

• Like 4

To elaborate on my blunt opinions:

Shipping as an exploration and step to accepting one's own identity is certainly valid but drawing that line between fantasy and reality is still important. It is not only for the good of the group - it's for the good of the fans themselves.

I don't think it helps younger fans to sugarcoat something and not call things like they are. Ultimately that's setting them up for greater hurt and disappointment down the line than what they would feel if they're disillusioned quickly.

South Korea is a conservative country, anything non-heteronormative is still regarded as taboo. In fact, even openly talking about heterosexual sex is still somewhat a taboo there. The majority of lgbt+ people are in the closet or lead double lives. The number of non-straight celebrities who are out in the open - you can probably count those on the fingers of one hand. Nearly two decades after Hong Seok-cheon came out in 2000, he still remains the most prominent openly gay celebrity and his re-entry into the entertainment industry has been long fought and hard won. Korea is changing but it still has a long way to go.

In light of that, I really think it's important for lgbt+ teens who are into kpop and shipping in particular to quickly find out the realities of Korean culture - same-sex skinship is very normal and accepted but either only in a platonic context or as an exploitation of homoeroticism or the titillating 'other' for the fandom gaze. Real lgbt+ people and relationships are by no means widely understood or accepted.

Having a reality check is important. Otherwise when one individual of a ship suddenly has dating news, some fans who were in too deep get hurt and don't know how to handle it. Some end up lashing out at the other partner, others make up conspiracy theories about fake pr relationships, some can even have mental breakdowns.

And in my honest opinion, Moomoos are chill and mature only relative to other kpop fandoms. We're by no means without our problems as a fandom, in particular if you look beyond OH which is a small minority among a minority. If we look at our fandom and want it to be a healthy one, we should look at it independently of what other fandoms are like. We shouldn't compare ourselves to the worst examples and then pat ourselves on the back with a "well, at least we're not like them".

• Like 5

I'm not going to bother with spoilers. Thread isn't bustling right now anyway.

The moral of the story remains everything in moderation.

As the radish field expands, there's really nothing we can do to control the bad crop that sprouts up every now and then. I'm not going to make this about just shippers.

It's stupid akgaes (like that one fansite I won't name), it's delusional shippers and it's intrusive saesangs (like the idiots who whined at Wheein and accused her of favoritism for expressing her gratitude on the fancafe for a particular gift she received from a MooMoo, forcing her to delete the post)--they're all problematic.

Even a fandom as chill as MooMoos is obviously not immune to this, and it's something many of us predicted we would have to deal with as far back as the Pink Funky era.

But all in all, I don't make a big fuss about it, because MooMoos self-police as well as any fandom. Maybe even too aggressively at times.

And that applies to MoonSun shippers or any other segment of the fandom. There are extremes and outliers, and no amount of self-policing can stop what you might see on stan twitter or in youtube comments, but the fandom as a whole is not about that life dave.png

Compared to other shipping cultures, MoonSun shippers are very, very tame, respectful and mature. Let's not allow a few bad seeds to serve as a representation of them as a whole, just like I'd hate for a few silly MooMoos to be portrayed as a representation of our fandom as a whole. 

I know some people strongly dislike shipping, but I don't really see much reason for everyone to suddenly start venting and attacking shippers in this thread. Let them have their fun. It's not like RBW doesn't take advantage of marketing MoonSun themselves, and people can be upset with the way certain fans react to Eric Nam, but I can't be too upset when Moonbyul herself said she was an anti of WGM and the Eric/Solar couple.

Relax, MooMoos. We honestly have it great compared to most fandoms. 

Edited by YamaChan
  • Like 25
  • Dislike 1

There will be a fringe, vocal minority in every fandom. I haven't personally seen anything on my Twitter feed, but I deliberately don't follow anyone who is so wrapped up in someone else's relationship or non-relationship that it supersedes the group itself. That being said, I do think mooomoos, especially ones who ship, are good at calling out and policing unbelievably obnoxious shippers who bother MMM directly. It's embarrassing and unnecessary - these people are not your personal friends and you don't know them. I honestly think most Moonsun shippers feel the wind of secondhand embarrassment when this stuff goes down, too. 

• Like 4

It's true that no one should waste their time trying to police everything, especially those who aren't really ready to see reason. Be they akgaes, intrusive fans who overstep boundaries or overzealous hardcore shippers. We can only really talk to and change the opinions of those who are open and willing to listen and hope that most take an example from the majority of the fandom and support Mamamoo sincerely as a group of four. 

Shipping is fine as long as it's in good fun and one does not bother the idols themselves about it. It's when it becomes a hardcore obsession that it becomes problematic for the idols and the rest of the fandom (including other reasonable shippers too) and in the end the person themselves as well. And the same can absolutely be said for all other aspects of fan behavior. Going to all your faves events and supporting them? Wonderful. Following your faves when they're on their private time or even heading home? Whathefuckful.

i also feel uncomfortable about the animosity towards eric. i couldn't really see them as a romantic couple in WGM but their friendship dynamic was still fun to watch. he's a good guy outside of that, yet ends up being treated like a villain by hardcore moonsun shippers. contrary to what some may think, moonsun CAN be together while still maintain a friendship with guy friends like eric. 

it's almost a good thing that there's not many things going on with mamamoo right now. it makes easing my way into removing myself from mamamoo social media (twitter, OH, tumblr) much smoother. i mean, i still wound up here, BUT I HAVENT TOUCHED TWITTER IN MORE THAN 24 HRS.

small successes. 

i'm treating them like an actual unhealthy addiction that i need to have a healthier attachment to. for clarification, i consider liking mamamoo healthy; the need to be exposed to news about them or to a community that constantly talks about them isn't. i'm self aware enough to know that i use them as a form of escapism from the stresses of real life, but that i traded those with different, much less productive stresses that come with kpop fandom culture.

anyways, i'm aiming for a 1 week stretch now. please keep this thread updated with any relevant news, as this will be the first (and hopefully only?) outlet i'll be going to once that's over.

Cheers!

Personally on this whole discussion...

The shipping in this fandom nearly turned me away from the group. Mainly because it seemed like another Fifth Harmony or 1D situation where the shippers of one pairing would basically hijack everything and make everything the group did about the ship, and really negate or ignore other members of the group. And, honestly, I still get that vibe from some MoonSun shippers and it's thoroughly unpleasant so I disengage from MMM fandom in general except for this thread and a few blogs I follow on Tumblr. All four of these women are awesome, their friendships are amazing, and I'm not here for people elevating two members over the rest because of fanon shipping. Ship as you want, it's all good, but if it compromises the group or love of the group then I'm not here for it.

Anyway, I got so excited for a new song then it turned out to be that, lol. I am so excited to hear what they come up with next. 'Paint Me' is so different to what they've done before, I feel they'll have more surprises for us.

Pretty much how I feel about it. That's why I stay away from it as I can see my dislike of it influencing how I feel about MoonSun themselves. I mean I didn't even know there was legit animosity towards Eric because of WGM until a few weeks ago. Like I can't...imstupid.png

I think the main reason I also hate radical shippers (especially the dominant ship) is that their fandom inevitably starts bleeding the group itself. The company and the idols are aware so start forcing more interactions and pandering to them. In a small group like MMM it's even more heightened as you can't get away from it.

I enjoy some ships casually but I know it's just for fun, nothing more and just leave it at that.

_

Anyone got a link to the new song (i don't have sound cloud so can't listen)

Edited by ohsolively

...Please understand you're also speaking about a really small minority of MS shippers. No one reasonable has legitimate animosity towards Eric as a person, but rather WGM as a show, if that's the example we're going with. Totally ridiculous to let something like shipping bleed into "hate" towards other artists or the group as a whole gosh - and for the majority of MS shippers, it doesn't. 

Edited by Rooroo
  • Like 4
  • Dislike 1

(Off-Topic but IDOT News-Ade Interview is out ^^)

translations by ch0sshi:

they're playing "this or that"

first one: jajangmyeon/jjamppong..only sujeong and d.ana chose jjamppong..
somi: this isn't something you have to worry about bc there's jjamjjamyeon (half of jajangmyeon and jjamppong each in a bowl that's split in half)

#2: pour/dip [food] in sauce..all chose dipping (sujeong answered late)
#3: mul-naengmyeon/bibim-naengmyeon..all bibim-naengmyeon
#4: fried/yangnyeom (seasoned) chicken..only sujeong-sohee chose yangnyeom chicken
somi: there's half and half for this too (so don't worry). lol
#5: breakfast/sleeping in..only yooa chose breakfast. she said it's changed recently to choosing breakfast over sleep with promos starting.

#6: be born again as a guy/girl..seulgi, d.ana, somi chose girl
(asked which IDOT member they'd want to date as a guy)
sujeong: i want to date all of them once. i want to go out/make friends with lots of women
moonbyul: i know what you mean
sujeong: right?

(same question, which IDOT member they'd want to date as a guy)
moonbyul: yooa..said she has a lot of aegyo, so she feels like you'd be in a good mood if you date her.
sohee also said she wants to date all the members once.

(which IDOT member they'd want to date as a guy)
yooa: first of all, in january, seulgi unnie. on a cold winter day, byulie unnie. in the summer, hot somi. when i want to have a warm cup of coffee, sohee. and sujeong at an amusement park. eunae (d.ana) to share hobbies.

#7: love/friendship..all friendship
#8: a year without a manager/a year without a phone..a year without a manager.
moonbyul: isn't this already decided?
(seulgi kinda stopped moving her lips mid-answer..)
seulgi: i didn't say anything [manager] oppa

moonbyul said they can kinda do things on their own without a manager, but they'd be helpless without a phone..
sujeong: not having a phone is a punishment, but isn't not having a manager a reward? (she said she can say this bc her manager isn't there)

yooa making up a #9: americano/latte..
only somi said americano, majority chose latte..
somi: you sweet people~

(members said this is fun, so they made up some more)
#10: add an egg to ramyun or not..seulgi-somi chose 'not'
seulgi said she adds cheongyang chili pepper
#11: text/call..call
seulgi: it used to be texting for me..but it's tiresome now
somi said she sends voice recordings

#12: do/don't add cilantro to se asian foods..only somi said she does. said she really likes cilantro.
#13: singing/dancing..seulgi-yooa chose both..others singing
moonbyul: dancing is too tiring lately
sujeong said she practiced until late the day before too

#14: pork/beef..only seulgi chose beef
moonbyul said she can't eat a lot of beef bc it's too oily/rich

EDITx2: They also brought a cake for Moonbyul's birthday! This was filmed January 11th so it's a really late bday celebration. It said 'dongsaengs were more excited than their unnie that they sang happy bday twice' lol

56ff7eb1b19145fdaf970fb16ea5c57a.JPG04b2e93b4a5f4dbc9fc40b9e5a4e26a2.JPGc404fb3cea054bfeb4b6a99f214d2499.JPG

more photos:

532543eaab0d40b5a07fcd65a30c190b.JPG16d3dc032b894dab9ed3a152d84ef374.JPG3ebfe87f1b7c459eb8e929ca98c0e126.JPG

cc51e125d27e4181a7cd752217f13f8b.JPGe7ed930a2097496388d86102d0170dcd.JPG

cad072e996b7494dba10f403b3114032.JPGe4b699582dbe4e5aa340fc5704c8b5c3.JPG

ab87ef7018fa4596b8d38f4163bf8e2b.JPG

girls in suits my weakness moonbyul looks so freakin good tho  

Edited by moonlit
  • Like 5

Anyone got a link to the new song (i don't have sound cloud so can't listen)

Well, it's not really a Mamamoo song even though it has the name Mamamoo attached to it. No one knows what it is or where it came from. Mamamoo's voices aren't in it. Someone just dug it up on Spotify and the fandom's having fun with it.

But here, you can have a listen to it in all of its weird, space alien, demonic voice glory. It's quite spooky sounding.

hmm feels like I set an avalanche free .. after complaining about some MS shippers.

Eh, don't worry. We've had opinions flung around here before. Everyone's survived. We're just stewing a bit in our own broth right now because we miss the girls.

• Like 1
  • HimawariAmu changed the title to [Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever