Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
HimawariAmu

[Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever

Which universe you prefer?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Solar's universe you prefer?

• Princess
    • Boxer
    • Rockstar
  2. 2. Moonbyul's universe you prefer?

• Music video director
    • Choreographer
    • Entertainment CEO
  3. 3. Whee in's universe you prefer?

• Environmentalist
    • Painter
    • Indie artist
  4. 4. Hwasa's universe you prefer?

• Mother
    • Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

so to the french speakers..the tattoo is grammatically correct?

I just wonder if she will get censored next time on national tv because of her tattos

oh my actual god im unstanning fr LOL

Edited by naro malhal geot gateumyeo

The tattoo is beautiful! I need to work up the courage to get mine done already lol

so to the french speakers..the tattoo is grammatically correct?

I just wonder if she will get censored next time on national tv because of her tattos

"La vie est courte, l'art est long" is definitely grammatically correct.

It's the French translation to a quote by the "Father of Western Medicine" and Greek physicist Hippocrates which the Hippocratic Oath is still taken by physicists today in order to practice.

09d609309c2c93fb36e462d7e7fe0894.gif

• Like 1

It seems Wheein's latest Vlive was deleted because she was drinking and showing off her new tattoos? I came across this tweet, and she's apologizing for it too because she was cursing in MMM CH+ chat and unaware of underage kids who might watch her Vlive broadcast.

https://twitter.com/ch0sshi/status/901487983634894848

DIK6iTpUMAAJLzX.jpg

I'm torn about this. I only watched a quarter of the Vlive before it was deleted, and honestly she looks really happy, I'm also happy to watch her feeling good about herself. Personally, I don't have a problem with her drinking and cursing since from some of translation, it seems pretty mild. She's not like, totally wasted and uncontrollable too in the broadcast. But I also understand that being a public figure, she also has to watch what she says & do since it could be misinterpreted by some people, like that funny face photo on fancafe. And it seems there are some restriction regarding drinking/tattoos on broadcast, like tattoos are censored, idk much about drinking regulation for broadcast though...2YG did drink in Japan Vlive, MMM also drink on their 3rd anniversary Vlive, why Wheein solo drink Vlive not allowed? Or maybe RBW told her to delete it because Wheein also shared about her tattoos and they were afraid of public backlash?

From some of the tweets, it seems K-Moomoos also asked I-Moomoos to take down any CH+ translated content of Wheein cursing so it wouldn't be misinterpreted by potential haters.

I'm sad for Wheein...she just wanted to share what made her happy today...I just hope she wouldn't restricted herself too much, or go back to her slum period like this early year...

EDIT: Some tweets said she also deleted some memo, including that tattoo pic? Can any official Moomoos confirm this?

Edited by lalimay
  • Like 5

Ugh, that's so annoying. They literally have an entire video of them getting drunk and playing around why is it suddenly a problem for her to do it now? Moonbyul is on a show that is entirely about her going around drinking alcohol.... Being an idol must be a goddamn nightmare tbh.

Edit: oh wait, Moonbyul's show has a warning to underage viewers so that makes sense. But I still find it bizarre that the tipsy vlive video is allowed, but this isn't. Were the drinks blurred on that one/was there a warning too? Can't remember now.

Still, being an idol must be a nightmare.

Edited by cahbr
  • Like 8

Ugh, that's so annoying. They literally have an entire video of them getting drunk and playing around why is it suddenly a problem for her to do it now? Moonbyul is on a show that is entirely about her going around drinking alcohol.... Being an idol must be a goddamn nightmare tbh.

Edit: oh wait, Moonbyul's show has a warning to underage viewers so that makes sense. But I still find it bizarre that the tipsy vlive video is allowed, but this isn't. Were the drinks blurred on that one/was there a warning too? Can't remember now.

Still, being an idol must be a nightmare.

Female Idols can't even breathe these days without someone with too much time on their hands closely analyzing which nasal passage has the strongest airflow.

It's gotten that bad. 

I think RBW is going to be extra careful and protective to close out 2017. 

• Like 4

Seriously this is one of those times when like, yeah, as an i-fan I don't want any our girl to get in any trouble with fans in Korea, so if they want stuff deleted then eh, fine, fair enough.

But at the same time seriously Korea, get the fuck over your issues with tattoos already, tons of Koreans have them yet you guys still act like it's shocking.

Idols shouldn't need to apologize for not acting like 12 year old girls.

• Like 5

I just hope she doesn't think too much about this and keeps living her life freely even if she can't post about it or share it with us. 

• Like 2

Mostly I am sorry for Wheein...wonderful job transform her perfect day

I watched it all and she was really happy and excited...then she needs to apology

Too free time....some people need to find a job ASAP

Sent from my SM-T210 using OneHallyu mobile app

Was she with a manager? They shouldn't have even let her start the vlive if there are such restrictions on drinking/showing tattoos on broadcast.

Edited by cahbr

It seems Wheein's latest Vlive was deleted because she was drinking and showing off her new tattoos? I came across this tweet, and she's apologizing for it too because she was cursing in MMM CH+ chat and unaware of underage kids who might watch her Vlive broadcast.

https://twitter.com/ch0sshi/status/901487983634894848

DIK6iTpUMAAJLzX.jpg

I'm torn about this. I only watched a quarter of the Vlive before it was deleted, and honestly she looks really happy, I'm also happy to watch her feeling good about herself. Personally, I don't have a problem with her drinking and cursing since from some of translation, it seems pretty mild. She's not like, totally wasted and uncontrollable too in the broadcast. But I also understand that being a public figure, she also has to watch what she says & do since it could be misinterpreted by some people, like that funny face photo on fancafe. And it seems there are some restriction regarding drinking/tattoos on broadcast, like tattoos are censored, idk much about drinking regulation for broadcast though...2YG did drink in Japan Vlive, MMM also drink on their 3rd anniversary Vlive, why Wheein solo drink Vlive not allowed? Or maybe RBW told her to delete it because Wheein also shared about her tattoos and they were afraid of public backlash?

From some of the tweets, it seems K-Moomoos also asked I-Moomoos to take down any CH+ translated content of Wheein cursing so it wouldn't be misinterpreted by potential haters.

I'm sad for Wheein...she just wanted to share what made her happy today...I just hope she wouldn't restricted herself too much, or go back to her slum period like this early year...

EDIT: Some tweets said she also deleted some memo, including that tattoo pic? Can any official Moomoos confirm this?

i dont understand this, ppl cus on youtube all the time, and mmm even did a tipsy vlive.

I always try to be understanding about cultural differences and the social taboos in other corners of the world but there comes a point where things just seem hypocritical and double faced.

Especially the issue with alcohol in view of the fact that for better or worse Korea is one of the countries in the world with a very high alcohol consumption. I'd understand if this was a culture where drinking was frowned upon in general and you weren't supposed to indulge at all. But South Korea? Seriously? The country where co-workers regularly get shit-faced together and office ahjussi's stumble along the streets after work hours?

And in regards to the tattoo - that is such an outdated prejudice. The tattoos that young Koreans get don't even resemble traditional gang tattoos anyway.

Honestly, kudos to all the idols who are willing to go through this double standard crap that the public demands of them in order to reach that dream and shine under those stage lights. They not only have to be on top of grueling schedules but constantly have to look over their shoulder and censor themselves even when they are not on stage.

Wheein looked so happy and giddy during that Vlive. I just hope she does not let this get her down too much and continues being herself. But there's no doubt she will be much more wary now of sharing things with fans :(

• Like 6

If it was THAT bad couldn't they have slapped a mature tag on it or something and move on? Why did she have to take it down completely?

• Like 1

this is so fucking dumb. like most of mamamoo's events are 15+, i highly doubt anyone is tuning in to one of their lives expecting it to be all ages. poor wheein.

I haven't seen the video myself but from the screencaps and gifs that are floating around on Twitter she looked so happy and carefree. I'm so pissed that was taken away from her. Like Wheein mentioned in her apology, they literally had a drinking live for their 3rd anniversary broadcast so???? Puppy-kicking jerks. wthplz.png wthplz.png wthplz.png wthplz.png wthplz.png

It sucks, but I don't think this is going to exactly have any long-lasting negative effects on Wheein, to the point where we need to worry about her happiness lol.

But it is annoying that people are trying to take away the authentic, genuine way in which Mamamoo interacts with their fans. The images/videos idols present are already filtered and scrutinized so much. 

Let us at least have our intimate v-lives that idols themselves choose to stream for their fans

• Like 4

Derailing from this topic.. I recall seeing a Mamamoo merch account that reposts people selling Mamamoo stuff and I was wondering if any of you have seen this account/follow it. I need the @ unsure.png

I am not the fan of the drinking habit... but hell, if it is what makes her happy, let her do it. She just tried to open up to moomoos, express her happiness over her new tattoo, only that. It amazes me how Korea having such strong consume of alcohol. where it's like a social norm to drink, at the same time it's so against of its showcase in broadcasts. 

And don't get me started in the tattoos issue. Why it's so important what someones puts into their skin? smh

I don't think this situation will make her too sad nor depressed... I hope it won't.