Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
HimawariAmu

[Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever

Which universe you prefer?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Solar's universe you prefer?

• Princess
    • Boxer
    • Rockstar
  2. 2. Moonbyul's universe you prefer?

• Music video director
    • Choreographer
    • Entertainment CEO
  3. 3. Whee in's universe you prefer?

• Environmentalist
    • Painter
    • Indie artist
  4. 4. Hwasa's universe you prefer?

• Mother
    • Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

Found this reaction interesting to watch: 

The two reactors are Koreans who are "muggles" which means that they aren't stans of any idol group. 

So it was really interesting to see what they actually knew about Mamamoo. You can watch the video but I'm gonna go over what stood out to me here.

1. Both instantly chanted "Mamamoo" in the style of the "Mamamoo Mamamoo" melody in Taller Than You/1CM Pride. Even though the song didn't quite make it to the year end charts, despite selling well for a B-side, it's clear that it was ridiculously impactful with the general public. I think that is why Kim Do Hoon tried to work the same kind of magic with Aze Gag. Personally, I think had RBW given it the same pre-release treatment as Taller Than You, the song would have done far better. Even released along with the rest of Purple, Azegag seems to be doing the best out of the b-sides.

2. The guy reactor knew their names. I'm not sure how, lol. Mamamoo, while they're getting better at doing more varieties, still aren't all over the place. 

3. Both think that they will last a long time as a group. I agree. I think as long as they're all still interested in sticking together, they'll stick together. 

4. Honestly, I think the guy isn't quite a muggle lol. Or RBW's image making for Mamamoo is that strong. Because he listed all the Mamamoo talking points: unique, beagles, good friends, etc. 

5. I had to laugh when the girl was like "My friends called me a Wheein". First off, I guess her friends are fans. Which judging by my estimate of her age (college student), isn't really surprising. Probably Mamamoo's key demo. But also I think it once again speaks to how each member stands out as a unique character. I think a lot of times idols, especially female idols get classified as pretty, or good singer/good dancer. Good to see that perhaps people are getting to know a little of their personalities.

6. Guy knew Moonbyul was the rapper. Honestly, he's a closet fan. He knows too much! lol

• Like 7

voR87fR.png

Worthless reached 11k likes on MelOn. Finally has 10k likes too! ahmagahplz.png Their whole album has over 10k likes as well. I'm glad the album is well-received rlytearpls.png Breaking records everywhere 

Edited by hwiin
  • Like 1

Found this reaction interesting to watch: 

The two reactors are Koreans who are "muggles" which means that they aren't stans of any idol group. 

Saw that one too, was quite nice. I think you don't find many reactions like this, who at least seem to be kind of sincere,

Another one that is superfunny is

They are koreans which react on english and therefore understand the lyrics. Their faces on the puns in the song is hilarious^^ 
  • Like 3

Wasn't there a vlive that wasn't uploaded because it was too spoilery? Was that ever uploaded?

Wasn't there a vlive that wasn't uploaded because it was too spoilery? Was that ever uploaded?

I don't think so... :'''(

​I don't even know if they will ever upload the replay...

I'm just gonna keep dreaming that they'll perform with their Moosical outfits lol

• Like 1

5. I had to laugh when the girl was like "My friends called me a Wheein". First off, I guess her friends are fans. Which judging by my estimate of her age (college student), isn't really surprising. Probably Mamamoo's key demo. But also I think it once again speaks to how each member stands out as a unique character. I think a lot of times idols, especially female idols get classified as pretty, or good singer/good dancer. Good to see that perhaps people are getting to know a little of their personalities.

I really liked that Wheein comment lol. I feel like a big part of Mamamoo's girl crush image is the fact that they really seem like a relatable, fun group of friends you'd want to go out with. The fact that women see themselves in them so much that they can call themselves the Wheein of their friend group makes me happy.

Radish X Onion an RBW farm collab at fantastic duo.

Also lol Arbudub Arbidub recycling so early. rlytearpls.png

YAAAASSS!! I watched IU x PSY episode of Fantastic Duo and I fell in love with the concept of the show, there are seriously talented non-celebrities people out there. We can expect to see talented Moomoos singing their hearts out with MAMAMOO~ I hope the beagle-ness also elevated at least 80%! Hehehee...

• Like 1

MBC just released individual fancams of MAMAMOO's "Yes I Am"~ I somehow like fancams more than official recording of their performances, it captures their individual charms perfectly!

Finally got my membership box ahmagahplz.png

Delivery was quite fast but customs had a stupid go at it (destroyed the insides of the box and nearly the contents).

Also idk why on the right side it says weight is 1200g when it should have 2,5kg according to biznet..kinda curious now .. what they removed..anyone who got theirs already?

I am now streaming on Genie (1 paid sub & 1 dummy) and Melon (1 paid sub & 3 dummy) ... however it seems Heize is really strong on melon and heize, bp and ap are strong on genie ... are you guys still streaming?

Edited by YulKuro

Finally got my membership box ahmagahplz.png

Delivery was quite fast but customs had a stupid go at it (destroyed the insides of the box and nearly the contents).

I am now streaming on Genie (1 paid sub & 1 dummy) and Melon (1 paid sub & 3 dummy) ... however it seems Heize is really strong on melon and heize, bp and ap are strong on genie ... are you guys still streaming?

Mamamoo is very strong in Melon right now (still 700k ULs after 6 days), its just that Heize is also strong plus its a new release. And isnt MMM no. 4 now on Genie? So only Heize and BP. Probably not the main focus of k-moomoos and as int. fans we can only do much even if we stream continuosly.

remember in 1 hour start Show Champion

and if you haven't yet go vote for Mamamoo as best performance on Mwave Poll

http://m.mwave.interest.me/en/mobileweb/poll/video/vote.m?poll_seq=225

and YES streaming is breathing like Wheein said LOL...so keep on streaming, the fact that Mamamoo is still so high on Melon is important!!!! There are still a LOT of Music Shows and every stream count....so use your passes to stream YIA in all the app/website you can use....and stream YIA Music Videos on YouTube!!!!!!

*taps foot impatiently waiting for Mamamoo's invitation to Weekly Idol*

• Like 1

Solar was missing from the Mamamoo's fanmeet in Vietnam. 

When asked why she was missing she replied "I thought you said we were going to Eric Nam not Vietnam."

-

Why are Mamamoo always so cold?

They have a lot of fans

-

What did the vocal coach tell Solar when she was struggling with her singing?

"Dont worry honey you're sol-arning."

-

Where do Mamamoo go for new songs?

The Music Bank

-

Where did Mamamoo get money to buy new shoes?

They sold their Seouls

Edited by damewon
  • Like 5

So Mamamoo is a genre now. 

Slowly and slowly they are achieving what they have dream off.  Mamamoo as a name has no initial meaning [They got it from that rhyming word in MR. A] but the meaning they gave to it [ Babys first words] something along side that which further they want to be known with music that is instinctual, a music that when you hear/watch you say ah this is Mamamoo - no one can do this but Mamamoo. I think they are achieving that.  rlytearpls.png 

• Like 3

It is def true...too many also in Korea say: "this is such a Mamamoo song"

like they are singing a genre that is not pop, jazz, funky, r&b, disco, hip hop etc etc...but every genre that they dare to use for their songs it is done in such a way that the genre become irrelevant and the song is a Mamamoo song instead of a pop song, jazzy song, funky song etc

probably it is for that same reason that even people that don't know so well Mamamoo, can recognize their style

DDYfxg8UQAEaYE_.jpg

DDYfz3cUQAAacOQ.jpg

edit to add:

ahmagahplz.pngahmagahplz.pngahmagahplz.pngahmagahplz.png

Edited by MadameVastra
  • Like 1