Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
HimawariAmu

[Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever

Which universe you prefer?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Solar's universe you prefer?

• Princess
    • Boxer
    • Rockstar
  2. 2. Moonbyul's universe you prefer?

• Music video director
    • Choreographer
    • Entertainment CEO
  3. 3. Whee in's universe you prefer?

• Environmentalist
    • Painter
    • Indie artist
  4. 4. Hwasa's universe you prefer?

• Mother
    • Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

Mamamoo will be on Cultwo Show on the 12th, and... perhaps...with Kim Taewoo. If you didn't know him, he's that big guy who often appeared on IS2, he is (or was) a member of g.o.d

• Like 2

I think it's perfectly understandable to be worried about the girls and to be pissed off at RBW for not informing fans properly. But I think snap judgements should not be made either.

As I stated previously, we do not know the details of the accident, we do not know how the girls felt afterwards or who insisted on still trying to make the schedule happen - was it the staff or the girls themselves?

We do not even know whether RBW asked Solar to write an apology for not making the schedule or whether she wanted to do that herself as the leader of Mamamoo (SK culture of hardwork and always doing your duty is no joke, for better or for worse, it's nowhere near as relaxed as in the West). We may never know and some might say that in absence of information it's safest to assume the worst but I don't like that kind of speculation.

I understand fan concern and we as fans should definitely express that because it keeps the company on its toes. RBW did not handle this well, which caused anger and speculation among fans, but I don't think they should be nailed to the cross just yet.

This is what I thought as well. I can understand fans' anger on RBW's shitty handle on explaining the incident, but I wish people can seat back and see this from different viewpoint. Perhaps the girls still want to perform, perhaps not. Perhaps it's Solar herself who has initiative to write that long letter to ensure us that they're okay, not the company. You know how they always posted selca/daily memo whenever the fandom is on fire? It's confirmed then that the girls know about all the things happening on SNS, and try to calm us down in their own way. This is what I thought last night instead of the accusation some moomoos made (using Solar as a shield from fans' anger).

For me, I already predicted this would happen sooner or later and have been preparing myself for the worse, so...when it turned out it's minor and they're fine, I was relieved. So much relief I couldn't feel any anger as my logical side took over and analyzed this incident as thorough as possible, which is similar to the op I quote :)

• Like 2

^ Someone said it's her left arm...but she held her mic just fine or I'm just too unobservant lol sorry.

I have to agree with Lene on the vocal strain. Not only the events and concerts they have to attend, but the working behind the scenes they did (their own stuffs and featurings Wheesa get on frequent basis). I can just hope they rest their voice whenever they have a mini break (no schedule for work ANYWHERE).

Sigh. Let's stop talking about this since the Twitter atmosphere stresses me out.

So guys, what do you think of the new song list Mamamoo did for their live stages? I personally love it so much.

Here's the list:

Hihihaheho

Don't Be Happy

Girl Crush

I Miss You

Words Don't Come Easy

New York

UOAY

While it seems a lot (and also worried me bcs that means they sing longer than usual), I'm glad they perform a new list so that people knows about their side-tracks :)

• Like 5

I can't quote you, Momo..

Idk about Sugarman, she sounds the same to me. But on Masked Singer, she had a cold at that time AND she needed to disguise her vocal too :)

Their performance will only get better from there :chu:

I think at the very soonest, mid-November *side-eyes at the first November schedule* RBW, if you read this, I hope you give the girls decent time to prepare and stop scheduling them for every single thing two weeks (or more) before the actual comeback

^^^

Laughing so hard at this. They should be more creative with the plot if they gonna have MV with story.

(still hoping for the other version KBS has)

I want something with powerful message for women out there (like Aah Oop!) or just girls having fun without lying to her bf :imstupid:

• Like 2

In short, Byul is hosting an event. The pic above is the first spoiler. The other hints, however, will be on her daily memo AND an answer to something in the ment section on Moosical.

Moomoos can join the event on fancafe :)

She will reveal the answer - which is the title of their...er, title track - on Tuesday.

(You can go to Mamamoo Trans' twitter for complete translation)

Sent from my Lenovo A536 using OneHallyu mobile app

Welcome to new member and lurker who comes out from their hiding place! Hope you enjoy your stay here :)

-

Anyway.

Since Mamamoo has been consistently keeping their retro sound for their title tracks, which era AND genre do you think Mamamoo will take this time?

Edited by yibyul

Do you think 'Woo Hoo' is gonna be in the album? I really hope so.

A 6/7 track mini-album would be cool.

angel

dab dab

new york

title

moderatto

woo hoo

Never Letting go (????)

Woo Hoo is a CF song - unless it's an OST like Girl Crush, it won't be included. Besides, that song is distributed by 1theK, not CJEM (which Mamamoo entrusted their distribution to them)

I don't think Moderato will get an MV :/ maybe RBW will save it later for Moosical DVD *glares all the way to South Korea*

Edited by yibyul

So about the MV and song.

I'll start with the song - because it'll be shorter.

The song is not a love at the first listen to me. It sounded all over the place: from the transition to the chorus and then back to verse again... I was hoping for something smoother. BUT, after listening the second time, I absolutely love the song. Hwasa's opening, Solar's vocal, Wheein's smooth vocal - all of them is bomb, yo. Byul's rap is just getting better and better; she has my heart, always :chu:

Now. MV. I think y'all probably have the same opinion to me, but here goes.

Visual

It's the most beautiful MV they've ever filmed. The set, the lighting, the outfits...all are A+++++ quality. The camerawork is amazing. They play with the camera angle to film the kissing scenes, which I like. The girls, as usual, are gorgeous. Whoever gives Byul the blue lenses need a raise.

Story line

I know I shouldn't expect much, but seeing zanybros' work, mainly BTOB's It's Okay and Way Back Home, I was hoping for a great story line.

:._.: :._.: :._.: :._.:

Of course, knowing Mamamoo's track on that case should have made me wary. LOLs. Why can't they have a man for each member? Why do they have to use the 'wrist-pulling/grabbing, cornering, and forced kissing' concept? I don't have a problem with WheeByul's scenes - at least it was consensual even tho why did they suddenly kiss out of the blue still confused me. Hwasa's is tastefully done (I still don't like it either).

Solar's... :soul:

From the moment the guy entered the elevator, she looks super uncomfortable. I saw some moomoos commenting that 'she's probably nervous' but that's not it. She looks uneasy. Like she wants to run away and not in the same room with the dude. And when he pushed her against the wall and restrained her flailing arms, I totally despised it. It's wrong to portray a relationship like this. Romance should not be like that. You need to have their consent.

It's like watching a bad parody of Fifty Shades of Grey--it's just abuse. Not BDSM like the author or the fans said.

Also, don't forget to:

1. Vote for MAMA

2. Stream the MVs and songs; if you're able to stream via melOn, it'll help a great deal

3. Keep supporting the girls. You can be disappointed with the MV, but don't take it out to the girls. I beg you. United Moomoos - regardless of how small international fandom is - is what Mamamoo needs right now.

okay, whee-out ~ :datass:

• Like 2

Off topic, but shouldn't the poll changed as a new era begins? :)

• Like 1

Sshh guys.

Have you found out about

Mamamoo's own fansite made by RBW? The earlier event (Mammoo Code) is the password for the site. Please watch the numbers each girls showed on stage. Four digits. The order of the code is the standing order of the girls. PLEASE NO SHARING ON SNS OKAY.

The link to the site is http://rbwmamamoo.tistory.com/m/5

WARNING

NO SHARING THE INFO ON SNS

NO REUPLOAD PICS

IT'S A SECRET BETWEEN MAMAMOO AND MOOMOOS

AGAIN

NO SHARING + REUPLOADING

Edit to add

The code may be changed (or not) so please watch their next stage lol

Edited by yibyul
  • Like 5

Thanks for the heads up, I was wondering why Solar was stroking her hair with yoda fingers the entire performance :hurr:

I didn't get in :rlytearpls: Was I too late??? Oh well, I'll wait for the next stage then.

Keeping my eyes peeled

PsPoStx.jpg

HwaSun

2tTEkY5.gif

Iz33P78.gif

JztjxKB.gif

WheeByul

4HlTUHf.gifoCFGC0a.gif

sdfAsa0.gif

Weird. I can access it just now! Are you sure you put the right code?

Hint: each members have different numbers.

I have to correct one thing.

Mamamoo didn't have 3 schedules yesterday; Simply Kpop used the first footage for broadcast BEFORE Solar choked on a confetti - this was recorded on Tuesday.

Mamamoo did film for Mubank and then headed to the award ceremony.

Speaking of mubank, have you cracked the new code for the new post on Mamamoo's tistory?

Hint: hidden letters in capital.

Yibyul the mmm code cracker; love you girl, thanks for letting me know the code; worth it for that hwasa pic alone ofcourse dorky wheein too.

Love you too chochu :)

im super late to the party (well no, more like i was avoiding doing it) but like i can't remember the link to the rbw tistory? hmm i tried various but nothing lol, i remember it was easy but aaah

could someone pass me the link?

rbwmamamoo.tistory.com
  • Like 1

oh. thanks for the correction :derp:

Lol np :)

Another fancam of their Blue Dragon stage

Thanks for this!

I've literally been rewatching the performance at different angles through different fancams. Help

You're welcome and you're definitely not the only one ;_;

Hi! I'm a new fan! I binged on all of the Mamamoo videos I could find, and it looks like I'm opening 2017 with following them. I love their vocals and their cools style.

I just have one question: has Mamamoo covered Lady Marmalade yet?

Welcome to the farm :)

And to answer your question, no, not yet. Hopefully they will in the future!

Also,

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! MAY THIS WILL BE A GOOD YEAR FOR US AND MAMAMOO :)