Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
HimawariAmu

[Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever

Which universe you prefer?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Solar's universe you prefer?

• Princess
    • Boxer
    • Rockstar
  2. 2. Moonbyul's universe you prefer?

• Music video director
    • Choreographer
    • Entertainment CEO
  3. 3. Whee in's universe you prefer?

• Environmentalist
    • Painter
    • Indie artist
  4. 4. Hwasa's universe you prefer?

• Mother
    • Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

what happened to Hwasa's jaw in those Idol Party videos? was it hurt or something? she seemed not comfortable with it and had to keep her hair cover it the whole time.

Sent from my iPhone using OneHallyu mobile app

i think she said she had her wisdom teeth taken out on a fancafe post. im not sure.

Does anyone know why kbs took down the vids from the king of kings immortal song ep and reuploaded them?

Hello, Moomoos! I went back to lurking for a while because of holiday season fatigue. Hope everyone has had a good start to the new year.  :)

I watched all their year-end performances and I have to say that KBS was probably my favourite stage, but MBC had the 'aww' factor with all those radish lightsticks in the room.

Their IS2 stage was nothing short of spectacular. It's probably going to become one of the things I watch when I need to brighten my mood. It's fantastic that they got invited to take part in this King of Kings episode among really impressive seniors in the industry and delivered a truly fun and memorable performance.

url=http://hizliresim.com/qjd8DW]

What do you think about this ranking? I think it 's really impressive because Mamamoo is the only girl group that nearlly all members -except Moonbyul- are ranked above average. I'm sure they'll improve themselves cause they're still young and learning. But I wish Moonbyul sing more because I like her singing voice than rapping-I don't like rap in general-

I think it's an interesting ranking, but I like kpopvocalanalysis more for the detailed analyses themselves and don't really pay that much attention to the ranks. Ultimately it is not an evaluation of who is a 'good singer' but who has good and healthy vocal technique.

I think people who do not like this ranking because a singer they personally like and find good is not as high as they wish or someone else is higher than they expected, should understand that this is not a ranking of singers but a ranking of vocal skills and techniques. It's not the same thing really and kpopvocalanalysis has stated that they draw a definite distinction there. Someone might be a very skilled vocalist with the best and healthiest technique, hitting every note perfectly every time and yet their voice will leave you feeling unmoved. And on the other hand someone else who is not as strong in technique will really have a great sense of musicality and know how to deliver emotion and move an audience.

Vocal analyses only really evaluate and look at one narrow aspect of what it means to be a musician and artist. So while they are interesting to read if they are done by someone who does know their stuff at least to some degree, I really don't worry about the ranks that get assigned as long as I personally find enjoyment in listening to a particular singer.

The reason I like Mamamoo is because they clearly LOVE what they are doing. They obviously have a solid amount of skill to carry more vocally compex songs but what really delivers those songs and moves the audience is their passion and enyoyment of their craft. Kim Do Hoon knew what he was doing - when he was searching for trainees for Mamamoo what he looked for was not kids who just look pretty on stage but kids who loved the stage and knew how to enjoy it. And it has paid off big-time for both Mamamoo and RBW.

• Like 11

I'm really excited seeing this participant on SPOILER

Masked Singer, Space A!

and of course, it bring me to this throwback when Mamamoo appeared (2nd time) on Sugar Man!

^^^the unshown scene!

the full show-

http://kshowonline.com/kshow/5045-[engsub]-twoyoo-project-sugarman-ep.30

The performance (remake of a Space A classic)-

However, I must say my fav Mamamoo appearance would be Solar/Moonbyul on Sugar Man ep.6 (first appearance)-

The girls were much more energetic in that recording than ep.30's (you must wonder how tough their schedule has become, getting to them earlier in 2016).

And this song, the remake of "Like yesterday" is my personal Top 10 Kpop song of the year-

full show-

http://kshowonline.com/kshow/4305-[engsub]-twoyoo-project-sugarman-ep.6

Hope y'all daikonfans have the best 2017! :smile:

bonus-

^^^accapella singing battle with VOS

Edited by MomoRinEeya
  • Like 2
  • Dislike 1

url=http://hizliresim.com/qjd8DW]qjd8DW.jpg[/url]

What do you think about this ranking? I think it 's really impressive because Mamamoo is the only girl group that nearlly all members -except Moonbyul- are ranked above average. I'm sure they'll improve themselves cause they're still young and learning. But I wish Moonbyul sing more because I like her singing voice than rapping-I don't like rap in general-

TBH, half on the list I don't agree. The list is also rather small. I would certainly include So Heesong and Baek Jiyoung, among many other soloists who are really active singers as we speak. The reviewer might need to specify an age group.

I don't think the reviewer used ALL stages from these girls to evaluate. That's to say, even if I remove all the stages on Masked Singers, Girls Spirit, and Sugar Man that were highly demanding stages, and only use the girlgroup's regular music-show stages (such as M Countdown).

One example, as much as I love Hwasa, my first bias here, I don't think her stability, range, and control should be rated waaay more than Sojung (Ladies Code) or Kei (Lovelyz)'s. There are other questions I could bring up, but I must stop here.

My concluding guess is bias and noise got into such reviews. It's a shame you cannot review stage-by-stage (some days one singer could outperform the other).

TBH, half on the list I don't agree. The list is also rather small. I would certainly include So Heesong and Baek Jiyoung, among many other soloists who are really active singers as we speak. The reviewer might need to specify an age group.

I don't think the reviewer used ALL stages from these girls to evaluate. That's to say, even if I remove all the stages on Masked Singers, Girls Spirit, and Sugar Man that were highly demanding stages, and only use the girlgroup's regular music-show stages (such as M Countdown).

One example, as much as I love Hwasa, my first bias here, I don't think her stability, range, and control should be rated waaay more than Sojung (Ladies Code) or Kei (Lovelyz)'s. There are other questions I could bring up, but I must stop here.

My concluding guess is bias and noise got into such reviews. It's a shame you cannot review stage-by-stage (some days one singer could outperform the other).

If you're curious as to why they are rated the way they are (criteria, strengths, weaknesses, range, video sources), I suggest reading through their analyses on https://kpopvocalanalysis.net/ that this ranking is based on.

The reason why several singers are not included is because they have yet to have analyses written about them. They only invluded people they have a written analysis on so if you can check what they said about each individual on this ranking. If you disagree with how they have judged, you can leave a comment on their site. I've followed the site https://kpopvocalanalysis.net/ and the vocal thread (which AhMin who does a lot of the reviews write in), so I know that they've looked at Mamamoo's IS2 stages, Sugar Man and Masked Singer as I've seen comments of those performances from people who write on the site. Comments such as, "That note was supported/closed/strained/nasal." and "Messy melisma." etc. So you can go to that thread and search for Mamamoo and see what they say about each individual performance rather than an analysis of each vocalist where they take consistency into account.

I'm not a vocal expert, but I tend to agree with what they write in those analyses and the rankings they give based on their criteria which is about vocal technique. They do not judge things such as vocal colour, but things such as how much support they have in low, middle and high registers of their voices. They aim to give objective analyses of vocalists in kpop.

So yeah, read their site if you're interested. I like singing so it helps me a little to being able to hear when I, or someone else, uses unhealthy singing techniques.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

edit.

I'm not a vocal expert, but I tend to agree with what they write in those analyses and the rankings they give based on their criteria which is about vocal technique. They do not judge things such as vocal colour, but things such as how much support they have in low, middle and high registers of their voices. They aim to give objective analyses of vocalists in kpop.

So yeah, read their site if you're interested. I like singing so it helps me a little to being able to hear when I, or someone else, uses unhealthy singing techniques.

I'm no expert either, but I can see the flaws in their analysis because I've listened to what many other vocal experts say about each singer as well. And that's under the same "techniques" and technical criteria the site review uses.

I do not advocate one review over another, though. We'll need to agree to disagree on some of the criteria-relative reviews from here. :smile:

As for unhealthy singing, (trying to be helpful here) may I recommend you not use Raina's singing techniques? I think it's quite an open secret she not trained by the best vocalists and won't work for most people.

• Like 2

Hello friends!

I just got into Mamamoo two days ago and I got sucked into a black hole.

My bias is Solar (tho all of them are goals)! Her dolphin laugh sounds just like my best friend's. 

I hope we can get along well~

• Like 12
  • Dislike 2

Hello friends!

My bias is Solar (tho all of them are goals)! Her dolphin laugh sounds just like my best friend's. 

Welcome! I'm relatively new but I also bias Solar!  :)

• Like 2

Hello friends!

Welcome!!! Hope you enjoy the ride!

ps: i see you're a RV fan, I've also recently started to get into them after trying to resist it lol

• Like 1

I'm actually glad that Mamamoo got a chance to talk about which members they are awkward with on Idol Party. I think as fans it's good to be checked on some of our assumptions and beliefs, and from what I've seen (not so much here), this is definitely something that shook fans up a bit.

I think all of them are great performers on stage and they rely on each other to get through a brutal schedule while still being entertaining. But I also understand that's their job, it doesn't mean that off the stage their dynamics will be exactly the same or their personalities or interests will mesh perfectly together.

Also, depending on how much control they have over stuff like VApp this could possibly explain a few things.

• Like 9

Those captions, though, I'M SHOOKT

Literally when I saw it, I yelled, "WHAT THE F--K, YONGSUN??!!!!!" and immediately thought about Kayden... EC74g9i.gif

tumblr_oj1x20lVrJ1urm8qjo1_400.gif

Faaaaam i was so unwell from before christmas to now.... but DAYUM SOLAR SAVED MY LIFE

ma waifu... she has slayed me. That performance slayed me. Why are mamamoo so goddamned good? I need a scientific answer!

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

I'm actually glad that Mamamoo got a chance to talk about which members they are awkward with on Idol Party. I think as fans it's good to be checked on some of our assumptions and beliefs, and from what I've seen (not so much here), this is definitely something that shook fans up a bit.

I think all of them are great performers on stage and they rely on each other to get through a brutal schedule while still being entertaining. But I also understand that's their job, it doesn't mean that off the stage their dynamics will be exactly the same or their personalities or interests will mesh perfectly together.

Also, depending on how much control they have over stuff like VApp this could possibly explain a few things.

Agree. Glad that they don't feel the necessity to pretend to be super close with their members, and are honest enough to talk about it. Kinda always see the awardness between Angel Line, but I'm sure all 4 or them are genuinely grateful, love and care about each other.

Also, MAMAMOO's fancafe just hit 90000 today. Still can't believe how far they have come.

• Like 5

Agree. Glad that they don't feel the necessity to pretend to be super close with their members, and are honest enough to talk about it. Kinda always see the awardness between Angel Line, but I'm sure all 4 or them are genuinely grateful, love and care about each other.

Also, MAMAMOO's fancafe just hit 90000 today. Still can't believe how far they have come.

It's so hard for me to recall that once MMM said UOAY was their last chance (I swear they said if this comeback didn't do well, it woulda been the beginning of the end) and now look at them - concerts (moosical), features on albums, music show wins, decalcomanie has longevity and they are nonstop working and in demand for their amazing live performances.

strength to strength and queens of working hard and being talented af.

• Like 2

is this posted

MAMAMOO’s Moonbyul Reveals Which 2nd Generation Idol Is Her Current Ideal Type

yeah its a privilage like yunho / tvxq legend member lol

not posted yet I think

your solar gif is giving me life.... she so perfect

is this posted

MAMAMOO’s Moonbyul Reveals Which 2nd Generation Idol Is Her Current Ideal Type

yeah its a privilage like yunho / tvxq legend member lol

Yunho has been in the military for quite a long time now, it's not like he appears much in public nowadays. i wonder how she changed her ideal type to him.  :ninja:

Where are you guys watching Idol Party? Is it out with eng subs?

there hasn't been any engsubs (none that i know of) and i mostly watched them from here 

(the playlist also has other idols' episodes though) Edited by Dolores Haze
  • Like 1

I don't know why some fans are shook by this, Wheein has mentioned before that she felt awkward having meals with Solar, just as she's talked about her grandmother's death before.  The fact that they have to bring out old stories tells me that they don't experience that awkwardness anymore. Tho i agree groups can have very different offstage dynamics coz the worlds a big place and you can't get on with everyone you meet, nor can you all share the same interests. I just don't think this is anything moomoos need to worry about.

Where are you guys watching Idol Party? Is it out with eng subs?

I found these links. No eng subs tho. And if you have adblocker or something similar, you'll have to turn it off for it to load and play.

http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/k3a2rLhhBSx4EylgNov 

http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/k6Aofr2623177nlgNoR

Edited by MooStar

I don't know why some fans are shook by this, Wheein has mentioned before that she felt awkward having meals with Solar, just as she's talked about her grandmother's death before.  The fact that they have to bring out old stories tells me that they don't experience that awkwardness anymore. Tho i agree groups can have very different offstage dynamics coz the worlds a big place and you can't get on with everyone you meet, nor can you all share the same interests. I just don't think this is anything moomoos need to worry about.

to me, its always seemed like wheein and hwasa enjoy doing thins together in a different way with solar. its not so in your face but they share a lot of the same passions and hobbies or interests etc.

I always see hwasa and solar as maybe chilling out and listening to music or watching movies together rather than a semi scripted v app thing? nothing wrong with that but they just do their own thing

• Like 3