Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
HimawariAmu

[Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever

Which universe you prefer?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Solar's universe you prefer?

• Princess
    • Boxer
    • Rockstar
  2. 2. Moonbyul's universe you prefer?

• Music video director
    • Choreographer
    • Entertainment CEO
  3. 3. Whee in's universe you prefer?

• Environmentalist
    • Painter
    • Indie artist
  4. 4. Hwasa's universe you prefer?

• Mother
    • Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

Its normal to the fans to coodle the girls and react since they are quite overworked. Perhaps cause they are on the rise. I've also noticed that despite that they house many acts they are rarely promote other acts?? Anyways RBW is a company and they care for the most part about money

Indeed a company would care about money for the most part. But RBW has been pretty smart about its ways to make it. By now Mamaoo is not RBW's only or even main source of income. You can read an interesting article about it here http://www.mamamoo-trans.com/post/146802686728/eng-trans-small-companys-rebellion-mamamoos

I'd like to believe that RBW is in it with Mamamoo for the long haul, not the quick buck. In view of that it is in the interest of their business to take care of Mamamoo properly because these girls are right now their most valuable asset in shaping their brand publicly.

However, it is obvious that RBW still has some growing pains to go through regarding its PR management.

Edited by LaRue
  • Like 3
  • Dislike 1

Incase, they or a translator from the company (esna) just so happen to lurk here. 

I would just like to say, Mamamoo please don’t feel like you have failed and disappointed us moomoo’s. I understand that you all like to keep us happy no matter what, however what keeps us happy the most is knowing that you all are healthy, safe, happy and enjoying yourself with the things your able to do.

There was no need for an apology to us from any of you. Moomoos are more ecstatic to know that you all made it out of that accident safe and unharmed.

Also to the Staff that were involved, I hope that you all are okay aswell. Thank you for taking Mamamoo and yourselves to the hospital to get a checkup after the accident.

Please rest and slay us with your kick ass comeback

MooMoos Love You Mamamoo! 

Take care.

• Like 5

I'm glad there safe. It's such a relief that it was minor and no one was seriously injured but I wish RBW would let them rest often. Everytime I check to see what there up to they are at some festival or something. Let them rest please.

On the bright side, I got myself a Mamamoo bracelet today. It has all there names and the mustache. It's very cute :)

• Like 3

Accidents happen all the time and it's unfortunate that RBW put out differing statements and kept some information until later this time. But one thing is for sure, they're taking good care of the girls health.

From the business perspective, I think they just wait out in case the girls are all OK after the hospital check-up and still be able to attend the event (maybe it's a big event or an already paid one, we don't know). "Accident" and "still going to an event" might not sit well for the fans (even with detailed explanation) so they kept this until later but their confusing statements messed up.

It's possible that this scenario already happened before (RBW trying to sweep it under) but I don't think they will let the girls performed if they're not able to and risk one of their most important group for just an event.

Edited by acadz_
  • Like 4

Omg what accident, I'm super late

OH CHRIST i hope rbw isnt like other companies as much as they also like money but man didn't you also invest so much money in Mamamoo? Treat them well for wheesus sake

Fuqqqqqqq why is 2016 shit

Edited by wheeined
  • Like 1

I just heard about the accident, glad they are OK

I noticed they are performing a lot these past few weeks.....in festivals, universities, etc

I know its their job but I wish they could have more time to rest, especially now with the comeback so soon   :rlytearpls:

Edited by Chimina

I love how chill and open-minded you guys are.

I honestly won't say anything regarding the announcement, there could be things we don't know so I won't just be quick to judge.

All in all, I'm glad that our Mamas are okay. Car accidents have claimed so many lives (including the precious EunB and RiSe) and it still shocks me when I hear people experiencing car accidents, especially Kpop idols. I just hope the driver can be very cautious next time, because there are four talented ladies on board, four women that we love so much.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

I think it's perfectly understandable to be worried about the girls and to be pissed off at RBW for not informing fans properly. But I think snap judgements should not be made either.

As I stated previously, we do not know the details of the accident, we do not know how the girls felt afterwards or who insisted on still trying to make the schedule happen - was it the staff or the girls themselves?

We do not even know whether RBW asked Solar to write an apology for not making the schedule or whether she wanted to do that herself as the leader of Mamamoo (SK culture of hardwork and always doing your duty is no joke, for better or for worse, it's nowhere near as relaxed as in the West). We may never know and some might say that in absence of information it's safest to assume the worst but I don't like that kind of speculation.

I understand fan concern and we as fans should definitely express that because it keeps the company on its toes. RBW did not handle this well, which caused anger and speculation among fans, but I don't think they should be nailed to the cross just yet.

This is what I thought as well. I can understand fans' anger on RBW's shitty handle on explaining the incident, but I wish people can seat back and see this from different viewpoint. Perhaps the girls still want to perform, perhaps not. Perhaps it's Solar herself who has initiative to write that long letter to ensure us that they're okay, not the company. You know how they always posted selca/daily memo whenever the fandom is on fire? It's confirmed then that the girls know about all the things happening on SNS, and try to calm us down in their own way. This is what I thought last night instead of the accusation some moomoos made (using Solar as a shield from fans' anger).

For me, I already predicted this would happen sooner or later and have been preparing myself for the worse, so...when it turned out it's minor and they're fine, I was relieved. So much relief I couldn't feel any anger as my logical side took over and analyzed this incident as thorough as possible, which is similar to the op I quote :)

• Like 2

Indeed a company would care about money for the most part. But RBW has been pretty smart about its ways to make it. By now Mamaoo is not RBW's only or even main source of income. You can read an interesting article about it here http://www.mamamoo-trans.com/post/146802686728/eng-trans-small-companys-rebellion-mamamoos

I'd like to believe that RBW is in it with Mamamoo for the long haul, not the quick buck. In view of that it is in the interest of their business to take care of Mamamoo properly because these girls are right now their most valuable asset in shaping their brand publicly.

However, it is obvious that RBW still has some growing pains to go through regarding its PR management.

Thanks for linking the article it was intresting read. And I agree about them being in for the long haul. But lately their schedulig has iffed me. Especially booking all these university events on one day.

I dont understand why people cant reply in this thread and have a civil discussion and instead resort to attempting to shade people in the bashing thread. Youre not slick fam and you know who you are.

Just voice your opinion here. No one is disagreeing with you we are just showing other viewpoints. Dont understand why people feel so attacked in this thread and act like any other opinion other than theirs is valid and it doesnt make us any less of a fan and we arent even company stand but some of us refuse to make any snap judgements when we dont know everything thats going on.

Car accidents and company management of these incidents are no joke but im not going to let anyone shade me or mock me because they dont want to respond in here to me and instead want to resort to trynna mock me instead of having a civilised debate or discussion.

Edited by Kayden411
  • Like 7
  • Dislike 2

Come on hey MooMoos... Let's not let this ordeal divide us.   :cry:

Edited by louis_francois

Come on hey MooMoos... Let's not let this ordeal divide us. :cry:

If anything it should unite us on realising how much more RBW need to learn and do still before they can be considered anything close to an ideal company.

Not an issue but i didnt think we were that kinda fandom... i thought we were quite civil and mature and understood rbw handled it shittily.

Ah well!

If anything it should unite us on realising how much more RBW need to learn and do still before they can be considered anything close to an ideal company.

Not an issue but i didnt think we were that kinda fandom... i thought we were quite civil and mature and understood rbw handled it shittily.

Ah well!

Bashing thread is there for a purpose, I guess, so that is that.

I actually really love this kind of thread environment where fans were able to have a civil discussion while saying their honest opinions, both sides being presented in the process, so you're not wrong thinking that. Differing opinions might resulted to a strong disagreement within but a collective one will not make us better than others either.

• Like 1

In the midst of this riot... Cheer up with this emoji

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

Edited by vanbun
  • Like 14

Bashing thread is there for a purpose, I guess, so that is that.

I actually really love this kind of thread environment where fans were able to have a civil discussion while saying their honest opinions, both sides being presented in the process, so you're not wrong thinking that. Differing opinions might resulted to a strong disagreement within but a collective one will not make us better than others either.

i totally get that and i understand and appreciate the bashing thread for its purpose, but i dont understand why it couldnt have been said here. we arent like other fandoms that would cry and get butthurt over differing opinions, the only thing id get offended over is the lack of respect. but im unsure what we are even differing about- pretty much all agree that RBW handled it shittily, just that same people dont like the opinion that RBW dont have to tell us anything if they didnt want to - tbh, legally the only ones theyd need to inform are next of kin. like im not condoning it but im just saying that from a legal standpoint, they dont have to tell anyone other than NOK, organisers and investors a damn thing if they didnt want...

i just dont appreciate the shade or mentality like it. even when i stated i was playing devils advocate and look at it from another perspective but I havent once said that any other opinion is lesser than my own because I totally understand what everyone is saying...

anyway... i want the CB to have solar (whoever she is) rapping with wheein and have MB and RiHwasa singing. id die of shock and lub

I think the fan anger towards RBW in regards to the parade of festival schedules have been brewing for a while.

IMO, RBW screwed up by not being honest and forthcoming in this situation.

I mentioned this on twitter, but I'm beginning to think that Mamamoo should be charging more for these university/festival events.

This would prevent fatigue and still ensure that they're making the same amount of money.

EDIT: also, no offense, the bashing thread is the bashing thread. Isn't it against the rules to bring bashing thread drama outside?

Edited by sparkilene
  • Like 3

I think the fan anger towards RBW in regards to the parade of festival schedules have been brewing for a while.

IMO, RBW screwed up by not being honest and forthcoming in this situation.

I mentioned this on twitter, but I'm beginning to think that Mamamoo should be charging more for these university/festival events.

This would prevent fatigue and still ensure that they're making the same amount of money.

EDIT: also, no offense, the bashing thread is the bashing thread. Isn't it against the rules to bring bashing thread drama outside?

agreed about all these points - no one is denying that RBW handled shitty but is putting the CEOs personal info on twitter really necessary? i read that a moomoo spread his details all over in anger...

i have no idea about the rules - i can edit previous comment if need be

pretty sure the bashing thread can be mentioned as long as i dont mention names or quote or link to posts which I havent done. just my main point is that im pretty sure we are all agreed RBW handled really shittily and need to learn from this in a major way

Edited by Kayden411

Why does a "bashing thread" even exist, anyway? That seems quite detrimental to an Internet community. Any other forums I've been a part of would just ban everyone in there and lock the thread. I guess the idea of it isn't terrible (give people a designated space to vent their frustrations), but this shit never works on the Internet. It's just going to devolve into people offending other people and using the thread as an excuse for their own insecurities eventually.

• Like 2

Why does a "bashing thread" even exist, anyway? That seems quite detrimental to an Internet community. Any other forums I've been a part of would just ban everyone in there and lock the thread. I guess the idea of it isn't terrible (give people a designated space to vent their frustrations), but this shit never works on the Internet. It's just going to devolve into people offending other people and using the thread as an excuse for their own insecurities eventually.

Even if the thread is hated or people ignore it. I still think it's a thing that is needed on this forum, cause if it wasn't, people would vent out to main threads and that would cause a bigger war....imo

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

In the midst of this riot... Cheer up with this emoji

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

WOW these are soooo cute! I love it. ^.^

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tapatalk

Even if the thread is hated or people ignore it. I still think it's a thing that is needed on this forum, cause if it wasn't, people would vent out to main threads and that would cause a bigger war....imo

I guess? But then the mods could just ban all the people who are trying to start something in the group threads and delete their posts. No point in messing around. I don't really know. I haven't been here long.

• Like 2

First and last thing I'll say on this, since I'm not at work and not raging at competitive Overwatch. YamaRant coming. You've been warned.

While I'm disappointed in RBW, I don't suddenly think they're a shitty company. They have incredible staff that I've been fortunate enough to interact with at least once, and they're one of the best run companies literally in South Korea, not even just K-Pop. I also think the CEOs "get it" and see Mamamoo as more than just an asset to the company. 

Obviously there's a business side to it too, but Kim Do Hoon said the first thing he looked for when forming Mamamoo was for girls that know how to have fun and enjoy the stage, and he also said they rarely ever have conversations or meetings with a serious, formal tone.

All that is to say RBW, at least with me, has enough credibility and a fantastic body of work in a short amount of time, that I won't get out the torches and pitchforks over them stumbling over this one issue. We don't really know how anything went down behind the scenes.

We also have to keep in mind that Mamamoo is a group of workaholics. They've each said how much they hate being bored and not having schedules, so maybe there have been times where RBW has asked them "Is this too much for you to handle?" and the girls may have answered "No, let's do it", especially in the case of Solar. She is both hard-working and self-sacrificing. 

As fans, we're going to have to hope for the best and that they get plenty of rest, but we have to live with the fact. They love what they're doing and intend to do it as much as possible. 

They're about to have another comeback. Their schedule is going to get even busier. So let's find a way to be supportive and constructive at least, so Solar doesn't feel obligated to post more completely unwarranted apologies. 

With the way K-pop idol schedules are, this is one of the prices of popularity unfortunately, and while I also think it sucks when they're pushing themselves to their limits, I know Mamamoo wouldn't have it any other way, so I have to trust them when they say they do find ways to get rest in between schedules. 

But really, moomoos, we have a lot of great new music, videos, outfits, hairstyles and performances right around the corner. There needs to be more positive vibes in this thread. Too much tension in the radish fields lately! We know they read this thread from time to time. Let's remain a happy radish farm, especially since there were no major or even minor injuries from the accident. 

Edited by YamaChan
  • Like 10
  • Dislike 1

B.A.P’s Daehyun Covers MAMAMOO’s “You’re The Best†On “Duet Song Festivalâ€

http://www.soompi.com/2016/10/14/b-ps-daehyun-covers-mamamoos-youre-best-first-duet-song-festival-appearance/

What do you think of his take on the song?

Loved it personally! (Good to see you, stranger)

I swear Moonbyul's natural swag and charisma off-stage is something else at times.

?fname=http%3A%2F%2Fcfile290.uf.daum.net

If I didn't know she was such an absolute sweet heart, I'd totally buy that she's on her way to crush the next round of contestants on Unpretty Rapstar. Getting those Giant Pink vibes from this picture  :imstupid:

• Like 4