Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
HimawariAmu

[Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever

Which universe you prefer?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Solar's universe you prefer?

• Princess
    • Boxer
    • Rockstar
  2. 2. Moonbyul's universe you prefer?

• Music video director
    • Choreographer
    • Entertainment CEO
  3. 3. Whee in's universe you prefer?

• Environmentalist
    • Painter
    • Indie artist
  4. 4. Hwasa's universe you prefer?

• Mother
    • Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

At this rate, I think they will have a comeback early November instead. It's already mid October and we only had one pre-release single.

I support an early Nov comeback. It just sits well with me. I say all this and itll drop on oct 20th..... lol

Why are moomoos pissed @twitter. Apparently there is drama with rbw

lol r they angry bcoz theres no news of wen theyre officially havin their cb?

Why are moomoos pissed @twitter. Apparently there is drama with rbw

What I've heard is that there was supposed to be a performance tonight but then RBW put announcement on the official cafe saying it's canceled. However later it said the performance is not canceled but MMM didn't show up at all. Now RBW is saying the performance is canceled but doesn't say why and what happened to MMM. Sorry for bad English cause I'm really worried. 

Edited by RadishAndMore

to sum up the drama on twitter right now

k-moomoos are raging because of RBW's late response about the event cancellation (and the way RBW kept quiet about Mamamoo's current state at the time).

Sent from my iPhone using OneHallyu mobile app

• Like 3

What I've heard is that there was supposed to be a performance tonight but then RBW put announcement on the official cafe saying it's canceled. However later it said the performance is not canceled but MMM didn't show up at all. Now RBW is saying the performance is canceled but doesn't say why and what happened to MMM. Sorry for bad English cause I'm really worried.

Apparently they got into a minor car accident?

Sent from my A0001 using OneHallyu mobile app

I don't care if they couldn't perform. I'm just happy they're okay. Shame on RBW for not being on time with telling everyone what happend, instead of trying to cover up and race to the festival. 

Edited by F.P
  • Like 1

update with RBW's official response

Cup1bJGVMAEGQg8.jpg

RBW was apparently trying to cover up the car accident because when the first announcement of cancellation is changed, RBW tried to say It's a 'false announcement'. If MMM did make the performance today we will probably never know about the accident. RBW need to stop over run MMM and the staff team because apparently they are TOO TIRED. I don't even want the comeback now because Look at our girls and their health conditions. Wheein told us that She was still recording when She was sick.

• Like 1

RBW was apparently trying to cover up the car accident because when the first announcement of cancellation is changed, RBW tried to say It's a 'false announcement'. If MMM did make the performance today we will probably never know about the accident. RBW need to stop over run MMM and the staff team because apparently they are TOO TIRED. I don't even want the comeback now because Look at our girls and their health conditions. Wheein told us that She was still recording when She was sick.

This is making me so mad. I'm starting to Imagine  all the other accidents or things that could of lead to something serious, that RBW just covered up. 

Edited by F.P

I won't really pass judgement on why the accident happened and whether it was due to tiredness or rushing. We simply do not have detailed information. Sometimes shit happens in life. I am just glad that the girls were uninjured and hopefully any staff traveling with them are fine as well.

At this rate I would prefer them not to rush the comeback though.

• Like 4

I won't really pass judgement on why the accident happened and whether it was due to tiredness or rushing. We simply do not have detailed information. Sometimes shit happens in life. I am just glad that the girls were uninjured and hopefully any staff traveling with them are fine as well.

At this rate I would prefer them not to rush the comeback though.

Precisely. Before we start getting angry at RBW, remember there could be a number of reasons they couldn't disclose information to us. I know we are angry but let's be angry at the situation - car accidents occur all the time and we shouldn't automatically assume the worst when RBW has been a pretty good company and always shown respect and care for the girls. There is always a reason and we have to remember we are not always entitled to full disclosure.... sad as it is, it's true

• Like 12
  • Dislike 1

Honestly, my heart sank when I woke up and saw this. I was so freaking worried.

True, things happen in life and I'm glad that nobody got hurt on this and they are okay. But what I don't like is the fact that RBW still wanted them to perform despite all the situation and the only reason why they didn't was because they were late. The girls were probably scared and tense/stressed too, I don't think they were emotionally stable to perform like nothing happened.

I would expect companies with really popular groups to take care of their idols better, since they literally depend on them. And I know that this is how idol life works but... ugh.

Sent from my SM-A300H using OneHallyu mobile app

Edited by Rydia
  • Like 5

Precisely. Before we start getting angry at RBW, remember there could be a number of reasons they couldn't disclose information to us. I know we are angry but let's be angry at the situation - car accidents occur all the time and we shouldn't automatically assume the worst when RBW has been a pretty good company and always shown respect and care for the girls. There is always a reason and we have to remember we are not always entitled to full disclosure.... sad as it is, it's true

Shook me when I heard about it but..Well said kayden

I was gonna said that I was cracking up at the fans siding with RBW on the fancafe but...nevermind, lmao.

Exactly, RBW ain't shit for this. They just proved (again) that they don't really care about their safety at all, how are they going to make Mamamoo perform after a car accident??? Fans have every right to get mad at the company for that alone. Like seriously, some people need to stop acting as if the MooMoos complaining about this are being unreasonable. Christ. RBW tried to lie to cover their asses and I'm it backfired spectacularly; if others can't see how that's some shitty and unprofessional behavior right there, then idek.

I also hate the fact that Solar felt the need to apologize for this, because you just know they feel bad for not being able to make it to the event/perform and that should be the least of their worries ):

Fans have every right to be angry but to think we should get every snippet in real time. I think its more than understandable they wanted to know. Are we doubting once the girls knew they were okay they probably wanted to continue then maybe changed their minds after? Maybe they did and maybe they didnt... we wont know...

Im not saying they handled it well but everyones acting like how rbw handled it was shitty. Theyre still a young company and even with all their expertose in songwriting have no experience in damage control as RBW

They handled it shittily but lets not put them up there with the known serial offenders... rbw are better than that

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

Im the last to defend a company just to add but i know all about incident reporting and statements and from a business and stakeholder pov (which includes fans) their hesitation makes sense although its not a popular choice

Edit : not to say i dont care about the girls but i vpiced ages ago when solar was unwell and got an iv drip about how kpop companies treat idols but unfortunately it seems rbw feels that the girls working nonstop is the only way to keep them relevant and its not. We just had rv involved in an auto accident and i feel its more reason to be angry at other factors.

Rbw should have updated fans and advised it was a reason but they shouldnt be talking of wanting to make a performance from the business pov. Things like this should be focused on the people not the schedule

Edited by Kayden411
  • Like 1

I was gonna said that I was cracking up at the fans siding with RBW on the fancafe but...nevermind, lmao.

Exactly, RBW ain't shit for this. They just proved (again) that they don't really care about their safety at all, how are they going to make Mamamoo perform after a car accident??? Fans have every right to get mad at the company for that alone. Like seriously, some people need to stop acting as if the MooMoos complaining about this are being unreasonable. Christ. RBW tried to lie to cover their asses and I'm it backfired spectacularly; if others can't see how that's some shitty and unprofessional behavior right there, then idek.

I also hate the fact that Solar felt the need to apologize for this, because you just know they feel bad for not being able to make it to the event/perform and that should be the least of their worries ):

this. i truly feel bad for Solar (and the rest of Mamamoo). to think how they must have felt when they typed that apology... :<

and this fanart though..

this. i truly feel bad for Solar (and the rest of Mamamoo). to think how they must have felt when they typed that apology... :<

and this fanart though..

It does suck that solar wrote that entire apology.... i did feel bad for her and the others.

Sigh though... im not defending rbw (though i know it sounds like i am) im just playing devils advocate because really what did i expect? "Mamamoo are involved in a car accident" to be announced straight away? Course not.

No kpop company wants to have to say that and then admit about carong more about schedules etc. Ah i await the negs and accusations of not caring about MMM now...

• Like 4

I think it's perfectly understandable to be worried about the girls and to be pissed off at RBW for not informing fans properly. But I think snap judgements should not be made either.

As I stated previously, we do not know the details of the accident, we do not know how the girls felt afterwards or who insisted on still trying to make the schedule happen - was it the staff or the girls themselves?

We do not even know whether RBW asked Solar to write an apology for not making the schedule or whether she wanted to do that herself as the leader of Mamamoo (SK culture of hardwork and always doing your duty is no joke, for better or for worse, it's nowhere near as relaxed as in the West). We may never know and some might say that in absence of information it's safest to assume the worst but I don't like that kind of speculation. 

I understand fan concern and we as fans should definitely express that because it keeps the company on its toes. RBW did not handle this well, which caused anger and speculation among fans, but I don't think they should be nailed to the cross just yet. 

• Like 5

I think it's perfectly understandable to be worried about the girls and to be pissed off at RBW for not informing fans properly. But I think snap judgements should not be made either.

As I stated previously, we do not know the details of the accident, we do not know how the girls felt afterwards or who insisted on still trying to make the schedule happen - was it the staff or the girls themselves?

We do not even know whether RBW asked Solar to write an apology for not making the schedule or whether she wanted to do that herself as the leader of Mamamoo (SK culture of hardwork and always doing your duty is no joke, for better or for worse, it's nowhere near as relaxed as in the West). We may never know and some might say that in absence of information it's safest to assume the worst but I don't like that kind of speculation.

I understand fan concern and we as fans should definitely express that because it keeps the company on its toes. RBW did not handle this well, which caused anger and speculation among fans, but I don't think they should be nailed to the cross just yet.

Good points chingu

I pray rbw learns from this in many ways...

Their communication and their transparency of MMMs treatment

We may be rabid fangirls and fanboys but i like to think what makes us different is our love and appreciation for the girls.

• Like 1

Its normal to the fans to coodle the girls and react since they are quite overworked. Perhaps cause they are on the rise. I've also noticed that despite that they house many acts they are rarely promote other acts?? Anyways RBW is a company and they care for the most part about money

Edited by BlancaL
  • Like 2

Anyways RBW is a company and they care for the most part about money

Sad but true

I can't talk much due to being at work, but maybe that's for the best. A lot has been said.

At the end of the day, after the initial shock of seeing the news, I'm just glad that everyone is okay.

We're just a month removed from the anniversary of Ladies Code not being so fortunate in their automobile accident, and that was just incredibly sad for everyone involved. Still is.

After that, I'm just glad Mamamoo doesn't even have minor injuries.

Thinking big picture here.

• Like 1