Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
HimawariAmu

[Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever

Which universe you prefer?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Solar's universe you prefer?

• Princess
    • Boxer
    • Rockstar
  2. 2. Moonbyul's universe you prefer?

• Music video director
    • Choreographer
    • Entertainment CEO
  3. 3. Whee in's universe you prefer?

• Environmentalist
    • Painter
    • Indie artist
  4. 4. Hwasa's universe you prefer?

• Mother
    • Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

Currently watching Hello Counselor - I found that WheeIn seems like a great fit for this show. She sounds genuine when asking questions (like Taejoon) and her expressions are so transparent that it's interesting to watch (Moonbyul too, especially w/ the gender roles comment by one of the guests). When she stomped her foot she literally looked ready to scold the person that responded to her, and I love it. lol

Full episode in case anyone's wondering: http://ikshow.net/shows/hello-counselor/episode-293/

I also love their interaction with APink! I hope they got along behind the scenes and became good friends.

• Like 4

The thread has been slow lately, all the radishes lying in wait for RBW to drop something.

So I guess it's a good time to introduce myself before the thread explodes when we start gearing up for comeback.

Hello, fellow Moomoos, resident lurker Moomoo reporting.

200.gif

The first Mamamoo track and MV I listened to was Ahh Oop! (thanks to Mrjkpop) after that I watched all their MVs, Immortal Song performances, Weekly Idol... Well, you get the drift. I'm addicted now, there's no going back and I've premanently taken root in a quiet corner of the radish field. 

I'm typically always a lurker but I'm anticipating this comeback so much that I made an OH account. Melting really raised the bar and I can't wait to see what they will come up with this time. Idk how I will survive October (both Mamamoo and BTS are coming back). Please don't mind if I sporadically spazz on here because I won't be able to handle my feels  :rlytearpls:

So I might not post here very often but I will support these talented, amazing girls any way I can. Mamamoo and Moomoo, leggo!  :chu:

• Like 9

The thread has been slow lately, all the radishes lying in wait for RBW to drop something.

So I guess it's a good time to introduce myself before the thread explodes when we start gearing up for comeback.

Hello, fellow Moomoos, resident lurker Moomoo reporting.

200.gif

The first Mamamoo track and MV I listened to was Ahh Oop! (thanks to Mrjkpop) after that I watched all their MVs, Immortal Song performances, Weekly Idol... Well, you get the drift. I'm addicted now, there's no going back and I've premanently taken root in a quiet corner of the radish field.

I'm typically always a lurker but I'm anticipating this comeback so much that I made an OH account. Melting really raised the bar and I can't wait to see what they will come up with this time. Idk how I will survive October (both Mamamoo and BTS are coming back). Please don't mind if I sporadically spazz on here because I won't be able to handle my feels :rlytearpls:

So I might not post here very often but I will support these talented, amazing girls any way I can. Mamamoo and Moomoo, leggo! :chu:

Hey! Welcome and enjoy the thread! Share everythinf and anything. The more the merrier!

• Like 1

Well, I might as well introduce myself too since I've been stalking this thread for months now (long before I even thought about having an account)  :happy:

I found out about Mamamoo watching random Weekly Idol videos, and to put it simple... it was love at first sight! They are one of my two ultimate girl groups, and I'm more than ready to be slayed by them this comeback. I'm still recovering from New York though, it was so perfect!! 

I will be here from time to time, so I apologize beforehand for all my fangirling  :lol:

• Like 11

Well, I might as well introduce myself too since I've been stalking this thread for months now (long before I even thought about having an account)  :happy:

I found out about Mamamoo watching random Weekly Idol videos, and to put it simple... it was love at first sight! They are one of my two ultimate girl groups, and I'm more than ready to be slayed by them this comeback. I'm still recovering from New York though, it was so perfect!! 

I will be here from time to time, so I apologize beforehand for all my fangirling  :lol:

welcome! glad to have another fan here...

honestly, I feel like im the only fan that wants a departure from the retro

sound, for no other reason than I don't want MMM to be known as "that retro girl group of the new gen" -

they can do literally any style of song if they wanted to (they have the skills

and the passion for all types of genres) and I really hope they take a risk for

their cb title track

something with a little sistar feel like I Like That or something with a bit of that kind of flavour...

yeah probably just me.....

Edited by Kayden411

welcome! glad to have another fan here...

honestly, I feel like im the only fan that wants a departure from the retro

sound, for no other reason than I don't want MMM to be known as "that retro girl group of the new gen" -

they can do literally any style of song if they wanted to (they have the skills

and the passion for all types of genres) and I really hope they take a risk for

their cb title track

something with a little sistar feel like I Like That or something with a bit of that kind of flavour...

yeah probably just me.....

No, I'm completely with you on this one. I actually am not a HUGE fan of the retro style in general. I love their music and I do enjoy their style the most but I feel like with this comeback, they need to comeback with something with MMM's style but also with public appeal. It might just be me, but I really want them to show everyone just how famous they are and how successful they are if they did that. 

anyways, i probably made no sense but I agree with you. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

No, I'm completely with you on this one. I actually am not a HUGE fan of the retro style in general. I love their music and I do enjoy their style the most but I feel like with this comeback, they need to comeback with something with MMM's style but also with public appeal. It might just be me, but I really want them to show everyone just how famous they are and how successful they are if they did that. 

anyways, i probably made no sense but I agree with you. 

nah fam I totally got you. I didn't wanna come across as a hater but as

someone that has watched every mmm vid ever.... I hear the music they play and

jam to (born hater, work, lay me down) and I see the dancing wheebyul serve and

after their appearance on SMTM with basick doing stand up I think they are more

than capable to give up a 4minute/Sistar strong fierce modern concept without it

coming off as tryhard and also showing their versatility. Its no criticism on

RBW at all but its just a preference. But then again a lot of songs that went

that route to try and be different can be risky but I think it would be

unexpected.

Something to cater to all musical tastes of fans. We know with WDCE they can

do sexy. we saw the moosical, we know the swag byul has, we know what solar can

deliver, hwasa and wheein are skilled as fuck singers and performers and I wanna

see a little risk taking tbh. If it flopped fair enough but I just want a

180 in terms of style and direction - MMM can do it if any kpop girl group

can 

• Like 5
  • Dislike 2

nah fam I totally got you. I didn't wanna come across as a hater but as

someone that has watched every mmm vid ever.... I hear the music they play and

jam to (born hater, work, lay me down) and I see the dancing wheebyul serve and

after their appearance on SMTM with basick doing stand up I think they are more

than capable to give up a 4minute/Sistar strong fierce modern concept without it

coming off as tryhard and also showing their versatility. Its no criticism on

RBW at all but its just a preference. But then again a lot of songs that went

that route to try and be different can be risky but I think it would be

unexpected.

Something to cater to all musical tastes of fans. We know with WDCE they can

do sexy. we saw the moosical, we know the swag byul has, we know what solar can

deliver, hwasa and wheein are skilled as fuck singers and performers and I wanna

see a little risk taking tbh. If it flopped fair enough but I just want a

180 in terms of style and direction - MMM can do it if any kpop girl group

can

I'm the complete opposite. I loooove the retro sound, thats actually why I became a fan (also bc hwasa). So honestly I haven't been a fan of their latest comebacks. I want another Piano Man tbh

• Like 8
  • Dislike 1

I'm the complete opposite. I loooove the retro sound, thats actually why I became a fan (also bc hwasa). So honestly I haven't been a fan of their latest comebacks. I want another Piano Man tbh

I feel you I do. I loved piano man and all their other songs but I guess it's just a part of my need to see that other side of MMM

again getting negged in this thread.... seriously... im not even criticising the group, just stating other things I'd like to see them do...

Since we're being honest here... 

I do love and enjoy Mamamoo's heavy retro tracks like Mr. Ambiguous and Piano Man. However, I don't really want them to return to a heavy retro concept and repeat what they have already done before. It's just my subjective preference but I'm never for an artist 100% repeating themselves or just constantly sticking with the same thing.

I personally can't really agree that Mamamoo has strayed away from a retro sound. Maybe that could be argued with UOAY (which still was a throwback to 90's synth pop, not some super-current EDM/Trap track), but certainly not with You're The Best (just listen to the instrumental). Their Melting album in general was full of retro sounds. Recipe is straight up electro swing.

I am not against them continuing to experiment with music styles from past decades as long as they enjoy it themselves and can re-invent it in a fresh and interesting way in both sound and visual style which, imo, is what they have been doing thus far.

If I would have to pick any sound I would like to see them execute as a full title track concept and they have not done up to now, I think I'd like a mature R&B concept. Something along the lines of their pre-debut release Don't Be Happy, but not a repetition of it.

Tbh, I'm not against them experimenting with any style because I trust RBW and Mamamoo to be able to put their own twist on it and make it their own. 

• Like 2

@LaRue i understand. Rbw and mmm could pull off any concept and i trust them completely

• Like 1

I am sorry if it was mentioned earlier but when is the physical album going to be released? My friend is in Seoul and she is getting me a bunch of stuff from there. I was hoping to get this new album too  :smile:

I am sorry if it was mentioned earlier but when is the physical album going to be released? My friend is in Seoul and she is getting me a bunch of stuff from there. I was hoping to get this new album too :smile:

Not sure. I heard oct 21st but i dont think amythings been officially released or else OP woulda updated the title :)

Not sure. I heard oct 21st but i dont think amythings been officially released or else OP woulda updated the title :)

:unsure:  I see. That's a huge gap between pre-release and album. I guess I will have to order it by paying a fortune as shipping cost.

:unsure: I see. That's a huge gap between pre-release and album. I guess I will have to order it by paying a fortune as shipping cost.

I feel you man. I pray they do drop it before but i dunno (slyly praying for nov 4th release)

Jazz and swing are my first loves so of course I was drawn to Mamamoo initially because of their retro sound. So I'm pretty content for them to stick to this concept because I love it and I'm a biased mf. That being said, I wouldn't mind them trying different concepts at all. Who knows what they can pull off. Probably anything! Hell, they made me like UOAY and that's sooo against my usual taste in music.

I feel you I do. I loved piano man and all their other songs but I guess it's just a part of my need to see that other side of MMM

again getting negged in this thread.... seriously... im not even criticising the group, just stating other things I'd like to see them do...

Hmm negging in the official thread for harmless, well thought out opinions  :donthinkso:...

We are the peaceful and sensible Moomoo tribe, right? Everyone repeat the mantra :P

:unsure:  I see. That's a huge gap between pre-release and album. I guess I will have to order it by paying a fortune as shipping cost.

Maybe they'll slip in another pre-release before their comeback (total blind hope here)

• Like 2

I loved the latest comeback, I really did. "You're the best" was a HUGE pop catchy, radio friendly song. With "1cm" they proved that they can do different styles and still deliver quality. "I miss you" is out of this planet, seriously, best song of the album (in my opinion). A song that could easily make the charts if it was sung by some american singer.

But in my opinion, nothing beats "Gentleman". That song is HEAVEN.

So yeah, they can do whatever they want and it could be great. But those retro songs,,, DAMN  :raep:

• Like 2

I actually had doubts last comeback with YTB because let's face it all of their songs with a touch of "retro" didn't really performed that well in the charts. And just like Kim Do Hoon said, IMY and 1cm were pre-released because of their lack of confidence on the title track. UOAY performance last year was their breakthrough and might also be a fluke (since the song is more on the public friendly side), so YTB being a hit tells that something change in the game.

I might be wrong but I think Mamamoo's selling point as of now is the brand that the group established themselves. They are a very special girl group for me, actually an exception, because they didn't have any of those things that usually led on a breakthrough (big company, pre-debut show, viral video, catchy song, innocent/sexy concept, etc.), only their TALENT and unique sound and they able to change the public's opinion and made them listen to their songs. I don't mind if they're not the top group or whatever, they have their own achievements to maintain and even surpass.

And I don't really mind any kind of concept, I enjoy some of them and I know the girls will pull it off but I really love Piano Man and Ahh Oop so i'm hoping that they will revisit that sound in the future.

• Like 2